RealGunner
Firenze
Warrior
S
49 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Predict his next destination

Romelu Lukaku back at Chelsea - Page 7 Vote_lcap0%Romelu Lukaku back at Chelsea - Page 7 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Romelu Lukaku back at Chelsea - Page 7 Vote_lcap42%Romelu Lukaku back at Chelsea - Page 7 Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 10 ]
Romelu Lukaku back at Chelsea - Page 7 Vote_lcap33%Romelu Lukaku back at Chelsea - Page 7 Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 8 ]
Romelu Lukaku back at Chelsea - Page 7 Vote_lcap4%Romelu Lukaku back at Chelsea - Page 7 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Romelu Lukaku back at Chelsea - Page 7 Vote_lcap0%Romelu Lukaku back at Chelsea - Page 7 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Romelu Lukaku back at Chelsea - Page 7 Vote_lcap13%Romelu Lukaku back at Chelsea - Page 7 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 3 ]
[ 0 ]
Romelu Lukaku back at Chelsea - Page 7 Vote_lcap8%Romelu Lukaku back at Chelsea - Page 7 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 24

Romelu Lukaku back at Chelsea - Page 7 Empty Re: Romelu Lukaku back at Chelsea

Post by RealGunner Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:21 pm

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:15 am

Happy we got him back, should have happened 4 years ago.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:18 pm

Lukaku looks exactly the same as he did with Man U so far tbh.

He has a couple of things he does really well. But if you take those away from him, the rest of his game isn't quite at top level, so you're left with a good striker... but certainly not elite.

I was hoping to see that he'd evolved. Not so far. Early days though.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:18 pm

Ok... the Romelu Lukaku that played against France is one I hadn't seen. He dominated great defenders and showed true instincts.

That said, he's c--t for not shaking hands after the game. Even Mbappe congratulated Switzerland after the Euro loss. Shows what he will always lack...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:43 pm

I'll never get over him chatting up Ronaldo in his ear after that match in the Euros. He was talking to him like it was some youth team player who played well on his debut but lost the match. I don't think I've ever seen a better visual representation of you aren't that guy pal meme in football.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:09 am

sportsczy wrote:Ok... the Romelu Lukaku that played against France is one I hadn't seen.  He dominated great defenders and showed true instincts.

That said, he's c--t for not shaking hands after the game.  Even Mbappe congratulated Switzerland after the Euro loss.  Shows what he will always lack...

Because you had not watched Serie A in last two years tbf
There's a reason why Inter won Scudetto and Chelsea have spent 115 mln for getting him back
Anyway I'm sorry Belgium didn't get final who'll be played in Milano, I'd have been curious how he 'd  have been welcomed - Prediction : Donnarumma-esque against Spain
even though there is basic difference  : left as winner, taken 115 mln and not 0 , but he , too ,was a great example of hypocrisy and unfair behaviour ( leaving team at the end of August after you have talked as a leader for much time..)
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:12 am

sportsczy wrote:Ok... the Romelu Lukaku that played against France is one I hadn't seen. He dominated great defenders and showed true instincts.

That said, he's c--t for not shaking hands after the game. Even Mbappe congratulated Switzerland after the Euro loss. Shows what he will always lack...

There is no great defenders in french squad tbh.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:19 am

Casciavit wrote:I'll never get over him chatting up Ronaldo in his ear after that match in the Euros. He was talking to him like it was some youth team player who played well on his debut but lost the match. I don't think I've ever seen a better visual representation of you aren't that guy pal meme in football.

Fucking this.

Lukaku in his head has become top 3 best players in the world. Based on his comments to Zlatan and then saying "dont compare me with Ronaldo".

Yea cause his legacy will be anywhere near them most definitely given he barely shows up in big moments and stuck in the pocket of Cheillini. Clown.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:20 pm

Him and CR7 have battled in last 2 Serie A, first time CR won, second time Lukaku won, so I think it exsists  relationship of huge respect each other

Then ok Romelu sometimes self-overrates himself , but he 's reached high status really

Top 3 ok not, but top 5 CFs in the world

And also the narrative on he doesn't perform in big games is overrated

Scored in all the derby against Milan in the league, 4/4  (and amazing performance in that 0-3 that is the milestone for the league ), scored against Lazio a fantastic double goal that gives the 1st Place to Inter in February (crucial, for first time after months of Milan top of the table), scored against Napoli Roma etc

Yes , exceptional in derby and much less in Derby d' Italia , but tbf he doesn't score against Juve in that winning 2-0 but he made a great match

He suffers Chiellini, that's true but anyway I haven't said Mustafi
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:32 pm

Well, i see why he is so upset. Belgium had been favourite for the last three tournaments. They had been playing well yet cant reach the final. He also put a terrific performance, dont know why some people think he does not perform in big games. He has a champion mentality like CR. I wont buy too much into it. I still have a lot of resoect for this big guy.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:07 pm

Robespierre wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Ok... the Romelu Lukaku that played against France is one I hadn't seen.  He dominated great defenders and showed true instincts.

That said, he's c--t for not shaking hands after the game.  Even Mbappe congratulated Switzerland after the Euro loss.  Shows what he will always lack...

Because you had not watched Serie A in last two years tbf
There's a reason why Inter won Scudetto and Chelsea have spent 115 mln for getting him back
Anyway I'm sorry Belgium didn't get final who'll be played in Milano, I'd have been curious how he 'd  have been welcomed - Prediction : Donnarumma-esque against Spain
even though there is basic difference  : left as winner, taken 115 mln and not 0 , but he , too ,was a great example of hypocrisy and unfair behaviour ( leaving team at the end of August after you have talked as a leader for much time..)

There is absolutely no reason for Inter fans to boo Lukaku or feel betrayed by him.

First, you got a profit out of him, selling him for more than you bought him. Second, he was not a youth product that Inter was responsible for building up. Third, he was a central reason why you go the scudetto last year. Fourth, Inter is going through financial issues, and is not willing got match the ambitions of a relatively old CF in his prime years.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:55 pm

Mamad wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Ok... the Romelu Lukaku that played against France is one I hadn't seen. He dominated great defenders and showed true instincts.

There is no great defenders in french squad tbh.

Upamecano and Kounde are going to be great defenders... both are already at club. Lucas Hernandez is very good. Varane has lost a step unfortunately and he's suddenly nervous on the ball; still good though.

You also have Badiashile and Wesley Fofana (although the later is injured) that look damn good too.

Actually, centerbacks is going to be HUGE strength going forward. I'm more concerned about CF. Really need Odsonne Edouard and Gouiri to step up. I don't have faith in Martial at all. After Benzema, it's a chasm right now.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:53 pm

Lukaku is a polarizing figure among Chelsea fans; on one hand when he scores he has some amazing finishes, but when he doesn’t he is very frustrating especially against big sides. He offers no movement and one of the worst strikers when pressing. He absolutely doesn’t do it at all. Chelsea had a successful formula last season, and Lukaku has ruined that.

He is no doubt a good striker, but he is a poor fit and we are worse side with him.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:36 pm

^^that sounds a bit extreme and wild to me Laughing
he's looked good in every game i've seen so far. The only difference between this season and last is Mount and Werner running around crazy, lucking out on a few goals here and there and Pep giving away the CL final. All the running and pressing is a bit down too, but i don't think that's down to Lukaku or change in formation caused by him... rather it's just a natural decrease in work rate, you can only keep up a high level of running around for so long.

Lukaku is easily the best goal scorer in the team, i know i'd rather have that and build the rest of the team around that.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:38 pm

I will say that I don't think Lukaku ultimately was a great signing for Chelsea to do.
He doesn't lift the team on another level, he solves one problem they had, yes - lack of clinical finishing done by a tank no 9 - but creates a problem where they didn't have one - stifling team structure and creativity overall.
They should have tried to find another type of striker, in my opinion.
I think this transfer is actually the first nail in Tuchel's coffin.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:38 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:I will say that I don't think Lukaku ultimately was a great signing for Chelsea to do.
He doesn't lift the team on another level, he solves one problem they had, yes - lack of clinical finishing done by a tank no 9 - but creates a problem where they didn't have one - stifling team structure and creativity overall.
They should have tried to find another type of striker, in my opinion.
I think this transfer is actually the first nail in Tuchel's coffin.

Essentially they aren't using him worthily, how he sould be  exploited.

He 's put as the lone CF, he can get some leverage, goals ,,, but it's not same thing

That's because,  despite he is "enormous"  , his favorite game is not the lone CF but the associative attacker, as if he was  about 20 kilos lighter

In fact his most brillaint experience was the partnership with Lautaro so far

Honestly I'm surprised how still just Antonio Conte figured out it  .

Last edited by Robespierre on Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:43 am; edited 3 times in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:41 am

Robespierre wrote:

Essentially they aren't using him worthily, as he sould be  exploited.

He 's put as the lone CF, he can get some leverage, goals ,,, but it's not same thing

That's because,  despite he is "enormous"  , his favorite game is not the lone CF but the associative attacker, as if he was  about 20 kilos lighter

In fact his most brillaint experience was the partnership with Lautaro so far

Honestly I'm surprised how still just Antonio Conte figured out it  .

I add

Conte a week ago
""In my opinion, Chelsea still haven't figured out how to get the best out of him because they've rotated a lot.
If they can understand him, they'll be the team to beat in the Premier League and the Champions League."

100 %  he referred about what I've said . It's  clear after you had watched  him every week for two years
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:25 am

Guy has the worst first touch for a top level footballer.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:05 pm

Well, in world football today, the CF needs to be able to both to play the lone CF and to play wide. If you're only effective in one setup, you're not an elite CF end of.

Very few, if any, of the top teams play with two out-and-out strikers on top. Most have forwards who switch all over the place to allow flexibility to how the opponent is defending and to confuse defenses.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:34 am

"Of course Rom has a good record and statistically he’s one of the top number nines around when you want to play with that kind of striker, a target man,”

That was back in 2019. It's not like anything's changed in Lukaku since then Razz
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:09 pm

bad injury tonight and taken off apparently?
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:08 am

Lukaku has looked good... but he thinks he's much better than he is lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:26 pm

But he ' s been benched from Chelsea ?
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:30 pm

115 mln

Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:40 pm

Romelu Lukaku wrote:Physically I am fine. But I'm NOT happy with the situation at Chelsea. Tuchel has chosen to play with another system - I won't give up, I'll be professional. I am not happy with the situation but I am professional - and I can't give up now.

I think everything that happened last summer was not supposed to happen like this... how I left Inter, the way I left the club, how I communicated with Inter fans - this bothers me because it was not the right time.

Now it's the right time to share my feelings. I have always said that I have Inter in my heart: I know I will RETURN to Inter, I really hope so. I am in love with Italy, this is right moment to talk and let people know what really happened.

I really hope from bottom of my heart to return to Inter not at the end of my career, but when I'm still at top level to win more together.

I want apologize to the Inter fan, timing of my words was wrong: what you did for me will remain forever.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:56 pm

The hell
Mamad
Mamad
First Team