+3
McAgger
Curtinho
Art Morte
7 posters

Go down

Norwich v Liverpool Empty Norwich v Liverpool

Post by Art Morte Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:41 am

Well, anything else than a win would feel disappointing. In fact, we've won nine and drawn two of our last 11 league meetings with Norwich.

They've conceded three goals in both their last two games, so maybe our ailing attack will find some joy here. Steven Naismith - having joined from Everton - might feature for Norwich.

We'll see if any of the outfield players against Exeter keep their place in the line-up. Allen, Ibe and Benteke all have a case to be starting and who knows, maybe Ojo will make the bench.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Norwich v Liverpool Empty Re: Norwich v Liverpool

Post by Curtinho Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:52 am

Lallana supposedly nursing a tweak. Ojo should make the bench for sure, if not start.

Clyne - Toure - Sakho - Smith
Henderson - Can
Ibe - Teixeira - Ojo
Firmino

That's what I'd like to see.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:09 pm

That attack looks weak as shit man. Though it's not like anyone better is available. I know the kids did well against Exeter but this is a PL side who are gonna park the bus most likely and make us beat them.

Might as well just lump our 32m CF that's getting blisters on his ass from sitting on the bench too much. God, can't believe we bought a 32m CF and he none of us really wanna even see him play when no one else is available.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:51 pm

I do want to see Benteke play because he's our best finisher in the penalty area. And, well, when we think about the strikers' market, I think there was some sort of an agreement between Liverpool fans that Benteke was the least worst option of available strikers. It's not like we have in hindsight realised that we missed out on some revelation in the summer who we should have signed instead of Benteke.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:29 pm

I've been an advocate for Benteke but right now he's severely lacking in confidence and he played Wednesday plus we have another game coming against Stoke that is really important.

We'll see but I don't think that attack looks like shit at all. Good movement, and some guys looking to prove themselves. With our injury situation we don't have much choice though aside from swapping someone out for Benteke who is another injury concern.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:08 pm

Clyne-Toure-Sakho-Smith
Henderson-Allen
Ibe-Firmino-Teixeira
Benteke
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:25 am

I dont know what to expect here. A win would be great but I have to accept what ever it is, as our year is the next year anyways.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:01 pm

Mignolet, Clyne, Toure, Sakho, Moreno, Lucas, Henderson, Can, Milner, Ibe, Firmino.

Eh, disappointing line-up, imo. Again you've got to wonder where the goals are going to come from. On a good day either of Hendo, Can or Milner can score, but that's more an exception than a rule. Banking too much on Firmino to suddenly look like a striker instead of an attacking midfielder. Ibe's the wild card. But should really be an attacking player in place of Milner, Can or Lucas.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:40 pm

Half-time and we're crap in all parts of the field now.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:48 pm

Week after week Moreno thinks about nothing but going forward. He lets people run off the back of him. And is at falt for loads of goals. Yet klopp plays him every week.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:52 pm

Wow, what a game.

Wow wow wow.

Not a great performance by any means, but what a way to win it... Both teams' defending absolutely laughable.

Okay, some notes from me:
- Firmino took his chances well, good job.

- Milner, Can and Moreno with awful performances. Milner gets a little bit forgiven for his goal, although it was a total gift. Emre was abysmal and Moreno, what can you say... Didn't play well overall, but how about that penalty thing... Gets away with the first tackle - which could have already been a penalty - but then cannot resist Naismith's ass and humps him from behind. Mind-boggling stupidity.

- I also couldn't believe when it was Ibe who was taken off first instead of Can or Milner. A seriously stupid substitution that one.

Anyway, three points and some properly dramatic entertainment, let's be happy with that.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:59 pm

art wrote:Mignolet, Clyne, Toure, Sakho, Moreno, Lucas, Henderson, Can, Milner, Ibe, Firmino
What sort of formation did we play scratch ? With FOUR CM, the only solution seems to me is 442 with two false forwards.

art, again wrote:- I also couldn't believe when it was Ibe who was taken off first instead of Can or Milner. A seriously stupid substitution that one.
Since I didn't watch the game, I can't say if Ibe was poor or not, but when you are chasing a game the rational solution seems to be to take off a CM for a more attacking player.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:28 pm

Maybe the formation was meant to be 4-3-3 with Ibe and Milner the wide men, but it was essentially a rather flat 4-5-1. We didn't really get anywhere with it in the first-half and overall only scored five thanks to some Sunday league defending. Our first goal was nicely worked, but after that Norwich couldn't defend anything in their box.

Ibe wasn't poor, he was one of the better players, while both Can and Milner were bad. It was a baffling substitution.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:40 pm

I have no idea how guys like Can and Milner keep getting games over Allen, and Moreno somehow still starts and plays full games over Smith. I can't remember the last time Moreno had a positive performance.

At least we got the win and Firmino is getting some confidence. He's an immense player. Lallana finally showing some end product to his wonderful work ethic which is nice.

Move on and hopefully see a much better performance against Stoke. At least Allen and Smith have a chance to start there. I like Klopp but his team choices at times are baffling.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:52 pm

I really hope he doesn't continue playing all four, Hendo, Can, Milner and Lucas.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:06 am

Good that we got the 3 points but dear oh dear we are so bad. Cannot wait for this overhaul. Teams more disjointed / arguably worse than Roy Hodgson's in 2010 ffs. rofl
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:35 am

Red Alert wrote:Good that we got the 3 points but dear oh dear we are so bad. Cannot wait for this overhaul. Teams more disjointed / arguably worse than Roy Hodgson's in 2010 ffs. rofl
so do you think klopp will ship out £90mil worth of defenders and buy another back 4 for £100mil.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:21 am

When's Coutinho fit anyway? Take one of the four CMs off and put Coutinho in and he might joint our midfield and attack together. Although I have to say that I've been disappointed in Coutinho's play-making this season. He's dribbling a lot and taking a lot of shots and scores once in a while from his attempts, but his play-making has been underwhelming. He's still got a lot to learn on a tactical level. I just hope he's willing to learn, because at times he looks too happy to be a street footballer and just do his own stuff.

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:19 pm

Well there were stats posted about when Coutinho played with Benteke vs. when he played without him and he was a completely different player. Something like 3 less shots per game, more through passes, less dispossessions, etc. when Benteke is not on the field.

With that said after re-watching the game (such a fun match to watch aside from the hair pulling) I have to say Firmino is really coming into his own on this team. MotM easily for me. I know the defending wasn't great but Firmino, Henderson and Lallana had really nice goals and Lallana's ball in for Firmino's second was just great.

Great fighting spirit though.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down