M99
Jonathan28
23 posters

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Games Discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: General Games Discussion

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:51 pm

Freeza wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Really hope we get a new KOTOR at some point, although it won't be for a long time as EA are not in the business of releasing anything which takes shine away from Mass Effect lol.

Which is ironic considering without KOTOR the very idea of Mass Effect wouldn't exist.

So the new Star Wars 3rd person game is 1313 most likely? I also wanted Amy Hennig to canonize Revan... I want it so bad Sad

No one knows what it is lol. I don't think it's neither tbh.

Although this job listing came out the other day for it....

THE CHALLENGE AHEAD:
BRING YOUR SYSTEM GAME DESIGN SKILLS AND SAVVY AND YOUR LOVE OF STAR WARS TO VISCERAL GAMES, EMBRACING AND CONTRIBUTING TO THE PROJECT VISION IN AREAS OF HERO CONTROL/MECHANICS, AI BEHAVIORS, COMBAT/WEAPONS, CLASS DESIGN, SKILLS/PROGRESSION, ENEMY DESIGN, STORY AND BOSS ENCOUNTERS.

What you will do:
Partner with Visceral design leadership, design team, artists, code, audio, and animation to deliver design systems that capture the creative vision of the game.
Research subject matter relating to the design objective to ensure the authenticity of the experience.
Own design systems from conception to the final stages of polish, facilitating communication and coordinating departments to ensure the vision is clearly understood.
Be a positive influence on the entire team and as a designer, evangelize the ultimate promise to deliver “fun”.
Proactively seek out opportunities to identify and deal with issues before they arise.
Constantly self-critique and accept outside critique. The more feedback you receive, the more you can tailor your work towards what is best for the game.
Demonstrate a willingness to keep an open mind to coworker’s ideas, incorporating suggestions when applicable.
Participate in the research and development of new tools and design systems.
Contribute to establishing and enforcing consistent design practices, constraints, and metrics throughout projects.
Mentor other designers and lead by example.

Who you are:
You have solid experience in the games industry working as a systems designer, shipping at least two titles.
Experience working on 3rd person action/adventure games, demonstrating major contributions in the areas of hero control schemes, enemy design, navigation mechanics, and combat.
Experience working with a game engine and using scripting tools to assemble heroes, enemies, AI, and interactive objects by collecting and implementing animations, models, audio, and effects into one complete system.
Extensive understanding of the systems design process including motion models, weapons tuning and feel, enemy concept and design, tools/upgrades, economy, balance, testing, etc.
Experience in rapid prototyping to test feasibility of concepts.
Ability to pitch design concepts in a clear, detailed manner, through strong written and verbal skills.
A team-player who understands the importance of collaboration, and can communicate effectively with all disciplines and departments.

That's how little we know Laughing

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:53 pm

I hate them. How can they not have a leak Laughing
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:57 pm

Agreed Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:04 pm

Back when there were goat games with the d20 system; Neverwinter Nights: Mask of the Betrayer probably one of the goat expansions to a great game. Knight Of The Old Republic 1 & 2
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:38 pm

Try watching CS:GO, it actually makes for great viewing:

http://www.twitch.tv/esl_csgo

Some terms for you:

Full Buy: Everyone buts rifles, full set of grenades and kevlar/body armour; may include AWP.

AWP: Powerful 1 torso shot sniper rifle; highle inaccurate while moving and needs to pick good angles. Extremely expensive (4750) and doesn't award a lot of kill money (150).

Eco: Team saves up money to allow them to have a full buy the next round. Can also be a round where team buys cheap pistol and just zerg somehwere

All other info:

Last edited by Phritz on Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:50 pm

Surprised at no MGS games in even RG's honorable mentions hmm
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:21 pm

Well only few of those games will actually make my 'best games' list tbh.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:14 am

Couldn't help but think of Phritz when I read this comment Razz I was never a big PC gamer, apart from playing WoW back in the day. I agree with pretty much everything he says, though. The quality of games is improving, as they should do with each new console generation. The amount of actual game we get is gradually decreasing, though. And most people don't seem to mind it.

Online comment wrote:

I have been gaming for quite a while my self, and I too side with the guys who think this current trend is garbage. Back in the day, the PC was THE gaming platform because there were better, truly dedicated (rented or private servers) that would run games. On top of that, almost everyone launched tools so a community could mod, and grow the game. Really, it was a perfect relationship between gamers and devs; The ability was there for both sides to grow the game, release fixes / patches / materials, and the devs could still drop in with their Expansion Packs (not like what companies call their watered down material now-- no the expansion packs of the old days were almost an additional game on them selves)

What we see now, is that either at the publisher level, or the development team level someone went on a quest.. They have made it a point to grab every window sill, lead paint licker they could, and ask if they can count alllll the way to potato. If they can, they were implemented at levels affecting the gamers now. I understand games release with bugs, however in recent years bugs increase at an alarming rate, game size decreases every year, and the advantages that PC vs Console had shrink more and more all the while an increasing demographic appear to be ok with this?

Gaming is going into the ground, as seen every year with fewer and fewer appealing titles, and even fewer games actually being released; However its a combination of the publishing/dev companies along with the gamers who are accepting of current trends. Keep it up, and you will see games with 1 or 2 maps launch at release, and either a 30 minute campaign or even fewer MP modes in an online only game (for proof, look at the other major FPS franchises over the last few years from CoD to Halo, MoH, they all got much much shorter, and in MoH case, eventually died)

Something to take a step back and think about before you try and destroy the guy who is complaining about a weak game and its ability to operate.

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:21 am

He's not wrong about the business side of things, not all devs are like that though.

Also i don't think it's effected the overall quality of the product though, at least when it comes to single player games. The list for GOTY nominations as in (Fallout 4, Witcher 3, MGS5 and Bloodborne) is a selection which is hard to top if you go back through the years and there's many others which didn't get that type of recommendation and to me next years doesn't look any worse.

But i will agree that for Multiplayer games the quality is way, way down.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:25 am

Disagree with most of what he is saying. Cba to make a post debating his points though

only thing which is true is that devs releasing games full of bugs and then sending out patches to fix them.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:26 am

What are some goat multiplayer games nowadays? hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:29 am

Not a fan of this season pass trend either. Haven't bought one and doubt i'll get any.

Also fps games getting the SP part cut and then being sold for full price is another thing I despise.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:30 am

RealGunner wrote:Disagree with most of what he is saying. Cba to make a post debating his points though

only thing which is true is that devs releasing games full of bugs and then sending out patches to fix them.

And this for the most part is more expectations than anything else.... games have always released with bugs and glitches we just learned to live with them. Laughing

I mean Red Dead had a glitch where your horse would fly into the sky and not come back lol, no one was outraged though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:37 am

The next #Battlefield is now in development, according to @EA_DICE
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:39 am

Of course it is, they probably will alternate between Battlefront and Battlefield each year. Their dev team is big enough to do that.

Not interested in it in the slightest though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:43 am

Yohan Modric wrote:What are some goat multiplayer games nowadays? hmm

GTA Online. Expansions and Heists really enhanced it.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:53 am

Shame heist came out 5 years later

LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:59 am

Agree with M99 on GTA Online, but that might be because i'm always playing with like two people at least which increases the fun.

There's still a lot more i want for it though, speaking of which they are bringing out a new thing for it hmm

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:19 am

COD looks good this year tbh

I prefer single player games nowadays tho

must be my old age :coffee:
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:22 am

Same Laughing

Ironic because i'm playing Battlefront and Uncharted 4 beta atm but in general i much prefer single player stuff.

Don't think there's one MP game i want from next year Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:44 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:He's not wrong about the business side of things, not all devs are like that though.

Also i don't think it's effected the overall quality of the product though, at least when it comes to single player games. The list for GOTY nominations as in (Fallout 4, Witcher 3, MGS5 and Bloodborne) is a selection which is hard to top if you go back through the years and there's many others which didn't get that type of recommendation and to me next years doesn't look any worse.

It's games published by EA, Activision and Ubisoft for the most part. Single player games don't provide enough content for there to be much room to cut corners from. RG, I honestly don't understand how you can disagree with the majority of what he said, and that games released with bugs is the only issue modern games are facing. They might as well just cut out everything that the majority of players don't care enough about to prevent them from purchasing the games then. An options menu, alternative weapons.. they can just add it all as DLC and claim that it was never intended to be in the original game (which wouldn't be a lie). Quality games are still being produced, but the amount of them has dwindled drastically over the years, and smaller companies developing relatively high-budget games have become practically non-existent at this point in time. But yeah.. never happened, didn't see nuthin' Very Happy
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:51 am

Thimmy wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:He's not wrong about the business side of things, not all devs are like that though.

It's games published by EA, Activision and Ubisoft for the most part. Single player games don't provide enough content for there to be much room to cut corners from. RG, I honestly don't understand how you can disagree with the majority of what he said, and that games released with bugs is the only issue modern games are facing. They might as well just cut out everything that the majority of players don't care enough about to prevent them from purchasing the games then. An options menu, alternative weapons.. they can just add it all as DLC and claim that it was never intended to be in the original game (which wouldn't be a lie). Quality games are still being produced, but the amount of them has dwindled drastically over the years, and smaller companies developing relatively high-budget games have become practically non-existent at this point in time. But yeah.. never happened, didn't see nuthin' Very Happy

I completely disagree with that btw, there was a case for that during the end of the ps3/360 lifecycle and beginning of this one which is quite easily explained.

But not this year, i haven't played such a high quality and quantity standard of game for a long time and there's quite a few i haven't gotten round to yet.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:59 am

What are these quality and quantity games you're referring to? Smile Witcher 3, Bloodborne (not backed by a retarded publisher), Metal Gear.... and then Battlefront, FIFA, Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed? Coolio. I'll have you know that you'll be able to bask in those games next year as well, lucky you. And you're into indies as well. Hell, you're all set for as long as games exist lol. I don't want to start an argument, but these corporate schemes may as well continue as long as people like you are content with them.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:19 am

Let's do a top 5 most anticipated games on 2016.

1. Uncharted 4
2. Mass Effect Andromeda
3. The Last Guardian
4. Hitman
5. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Spoiler:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:31 am

Thimmy wrote:What are these quality and quantity games you're referring to? Smile Witcher 3, Bloodborne (not backed by a retarded publisher), Metal Gear.... and then Battlefront, FIFA, Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed? Coolio. I'll have you know that you'll be able to bask in those games next year as well, lucky you. And you're into indies as well. Hell, you're all set for as long as games exist lol. I don't want to start an argument, but these corporate schemes may as well continue as long as people like you are content with them.

Not arguing lol, just saying my opinion i don't expect everyone to agree with it.

As for the games...

I have played Dragonball Xenoverse, Battlefield Hardline, Witcher 3, Batman Arkham Knight, Battlefront, PES 2016, NBA 2K16 and Rocket League.

There's other games which didn't come out this year which i enjoyed as well, i can't complain with near 10 games in 12 months tbh. That was very rarely the case when i was i kid, there was quality games but not to the tune of nearly one game a month.

Also what corporate schemes? only game i bought DLC for was Witcher 3 and it's the best DLC i have ever played and better than the vast majority of actual games lol.

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:33 am

M99 wrote:Let's do a top 5 most anticipated games on 2016.

1. Uncharted 4
2. Mass Effect Andromeda
3. The Last Guardian
4. Hitman
5. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Spoiler:

Can i do more than 5? because 5 isn't enough tbh Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend