Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 24 Dec 2015, 20:24

:bow: Dat DLC, would play it if I wasn't scared hmm

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

General Games Discussion - Page 27 Empty Re: General Games Discussion

Post by RealGunner Thu 24 Dec 2015, 20:25

It is subjective. Has the entire gaming community unified into rating Witcher 3 as the ultimate GOAT and at least 5 times better than any other game? I doubt it.

GOTY awards means nothing. Games like Super Mario Galaxy are fapped over by every critic and wins twice the amount of awards than games like Dark Souls or Uncharted.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu 24 Dec 2015, 20:26

Firenze wrote:http://www.mousebreaker.com/games/volleychallenge/playgame

anyone else play this back in the day? dem graphics

used to smash this during I.T class in school

possibly the GOAT football game tbh

ffs still used that website even at uni lmao
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu 24 Dec 2015, 20:29

Fromsoft always deliver on DLC. Incidentally, heard ppl are raging over the Batman DLC and complaining they bought the pass, heard it's really bad lol.

only have themselves to blame, I always laugh when I see this

why buy DLC passes in advance? makes no sense to me
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu 24 Dec 2015, 20:29

RealGunner wrote:
Firenze wrote:http://www.mousebreaker.com/games/volleychallenge/playgame

anyone else play this back in the day? dem graphics

used to smash this during I.T class in school

possibly the GOAT football game tbh

ffs still used that website even at uni lmao

mah man Proud
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu 24 Dec 2015, 20:30

Arkham Knight DLC Laughing

3 of them were 20 minutes long. Then one of the DLC was basically skins and a new batmobile.

Only ever bought 2 DLCs and both were well worth it.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu 24 Dec 2015, 20:31

I guess it's valid if people bought the pass for the first DLC for the discounts, I guess. But I heard in batman's case all of the DLC has been poor. I always hold off and wait for reviews before comitting, especially when a lot of publishers have passes that are the same price as the full game.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu 24 Dec 2015, 20:32

Whole game was a massive disappointment to end the series.

But it was hard to keep up to the same level as the first three in the series tbh.

Wasn't a bad game even then. solid 7.5/10.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 24 Dec 2015, 20:33

RealGunner wrote:It is subjective. Has the entire gaming community unified into rating Witcher 3 as the ultimate GOAT and at least 5 times better than any other game? I doubt it.

GOTY awards means nothing. Games like Super Mario Galaxy are fapped over by every critic and wins twice the amount of awards than games like Dark Souls or Uncharted.

I didn't say that lol, I said there is no game which is 5 times better than it.

Hope you get Reading glasses tomorrow morning tbh hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu 24 Dec 2015, 20:37

I know what you said. And that too is your opinion which is subjective

Why is Jon wrong in saying Ori is 5 times better than Witcher 3 but you aren't? Just because TW3 won 81 awards and Ori didn't lol?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 24 Dec 2015, 20:46

How is it subjective lol, that would mean a game would have to be the quality of 5 Witcher 3s. Such a game doesn't exist, hell and this is subjective I doubt such a game exists in comparison to Arkham Knight lol.

Also Jon said it's 100 times better, hardly the same that would mean that some of the greatest games ever made are real dog shit. hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu 24 Dec 2015, 20:59

For the record, I enjoyed Mario Galaxy much more than Uncharted. Although I would say Dark Souls gives it more of a challenge.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu 24 Dec 2015, 21:00

With my SNES Reviews series finished, and my final review of the SNES done as well, I am ready now to reveal my top 10 SNES games.
Since my SNES reviews series​ only included games that I haven't played before, this top 10 list includes games that I haven't actually reviewed. Since the SNES games I played before my review series were among the more well known titles, it is no surprise that just 4 games from my SNES review series actually feature on this list.

Note that this list is sorted alphabetically, as I don't think I can order them to my satisfaction. So here it goes:

Chrono Trigger:

​Chrono Trigger is simply how a great RPG is made. Full with excellent characters, a unique and exciting world, a killer soundtrack, and awesome graphics, CT elevated the RPG ceiling of Squaresoft. With it being the last SNES release of Squaresot, it makes sense that they put everything they learned from that generation into that game.

While I cannot say that it definitely is Square's strongest SNES game (FFVI is still in this list), I can clearly say it at least shares the throne.

With an excellent use of time travel as a plot device, CT offers a unique story that transcends the limitations of the SNES. You go through an amazing adventure with Chrono, and memorable characters such as Frog, as well as menacing villains like Magus. This story spawns through several eras, in a vast world that looks great even today, and a soundtrack that is among the best work of Yasunori Mitsuda.

Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest

​The Donkey Kong Country series reportedly gave another wind to the SNES's sails. Their revolutionary graphics many thought were not possible at all, and their excellent soundtrack and gameplay made them excellent Platformer games. In my opinion, DKC2 is heads and shoulders above its bretheren and is among the SNES's top 10.

While all three games were equally excellent in their gameplay, graphics, and sound. However, the levels and atmosphere of the second game was what makes them the best. The varied lands of Crocodile island are among the series's best. To this day, the theme parks stages are a highlight in the genre.

Only the Volcano world and humdrum bosses bring down what is otherwise a perfect package.

Final Fantasy VI:

​If I am reluctant to call Chrono Trigger the best RPG on the SNES, it is because the sixth installment of the storied Final Fantasy series brings a serious challenge to that throne. Everything I said about CT applies to FFVI; it is another RPG that transcends the limitations of the SNES in both narrative and performance.

Reportedly, Squaresoft had to cut a lot of content because of the memory constraints in SNES cartridges. Even though, the game is full with content. At that time, it had the most playable characters in an RPG, the largest Soundtrack, which was a Nobuo Uematsu masterpiece, and it had the largest most extensive story-line.

With the excellent Villain Kefka headlining the show, FFVI was fun from start to finish for me, and I cannot chose between it and Chrono Trigger.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

​Despite being a Zelda and Nintendo fan, I didn't play ALttP before this review series. Now that I played it, I can see what all the hullabaloo is about. It is a great action adventure game with a vast sense of exploration and freedom. I don't know if I can beat all dungeons out of order, but I can do it enough that I feel my progress is not scripted.

While it could have been better if it had more tunes in its excellent soundtrack, it was an addictive game that I didn't want to put down until I finish it. Additionally, I can imagine many people would want to play it again and again to finish it in faster times.

If ALttP only had one overworld, it would be a very good game, not a a great one. Yet, with the Dark World mechanic, it becomes a great game. Once you have the ability to jump between the two world, the game not only becomes twice as big, but the world jumping mechanic makes it one of the SNES's greatest games.

Mega Man X (1, 2, or 3):

​Even though Capcom do not seem to appreciate Mega Man today, fans still appreciate their Mega Man games of the past. Among those games are the excellent three Mega Man X games in the SNES. Each of these three games are considered by some as the best of the three, but all share the excellent formula.

For the uninitiated, the Mega Man X games are the modern revision of the NES Mega Man Action Platfromers. They offer excellent gameplay, that is fast, addictive, and very solid, along with updated graphics and music that is among the top in the SNES. These games are not long, but offer a lot of replay-ability value in how you play the game; try to finish a Mega Man game without any of the boss's weapons.

As a Zero fanboy, I myself prefer X3, but I understand why other people will prefer the other two.

Street Fighter II:

​This is the game that proved fighters can thrive in the console space. A genre previously dominated by the Arcade scene, now we can credit its place in consoles to this great fighting game from Capcom. In my opinion, SFII was simply head and shoulders above other fighting games in the arcades, and it translated really well to the SNES.

Even now, every new Street Fighter game is being compared to this game (or one of its many revisions), as its iconic imagery and characters continue to define the series.

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

​It is a fitting that one of the greatest games on the SNES is made through the collaboration of two of the system's top publishers, Nintendo and Squaresoft. Although today Mario RPGs are a respected series of games, the idea of a Mario RPG must have been absurd in the beginning. Noticing a lack of RPG games in their repertoire, Nintendo asked for Squaresoft's help in making a Mario RPG.

The result is nothing but extraordinary.

SMRPG not only manged to wonderfully transform the ridiculous world of Marion into a crazy slapstick adventure (Mario "talks" through silent movie sketches), it also managed to create a battle system that has a significant action component to it. As a result, we now have two excellent Mario RPG sub-series, and many fans demanding a direct sequel as well.

Super Mario World/ Yoshi's Island:

​Here is another case where I cannot decide between two similar games, but these "Super Mario World" games are not even that similar.

If you are looking for the basic, trustworthy, Mario Platformer, then Super Mario World has you covered. With its colorful style, and solid mechanics, SMW is one of the greatest Mario Platformers. It basically carries on with the excellent Super Mario Bros. 3, but adds Yoshi and continues crafting its own personality.

However, if you are looking for something different, then Super Mario World 2 is your better bet. While it shares the same name as SMW, its not a sequel at all. It is a very different Platformer, with a different style. This time, you control Yoshi, and the game is very different as well. With hugely varying levels, even some that are closer to Metroid labyrinthes than SMW level, Yoshi's Island instantly became on of the SNES's best Platformers.

Whether you go with the true and tried Mario Platformer, or the revolutionary Yoshi's adventure, you cannot argue against the dominance of Nintendo platformers over their competition.

Super Metroid:

​Super Metroid is a 2D version of the Legend of Zelda games. It emphasizes on exploring a vast world, and a grand sense of adventure. Except, in the case of Metroid, we are exploring a claustrophobic alien planet. With its sound and visuals, Metroid is one of the most atmospheric games of the SNES.

To traverse this hostile planet, Samus needs to explore and find power-ups, that help her explore even further. It creates a fulfilling cycle of exploration and rewards that keeps the game interesting to the end. It doesn't hurt that the action is top-notch, especially regarding Morphball action and boss battles.

Terranigma:

​This is probably the least known game in this list, and a lot of it is due to the game not being released in NA (although it was released in Europe). Two other games related to Terranigma were released though, Soul Blazer and Illusion of Gaia. Terranigma is considered the third game in that unofficial "creation trilogy". While SB and IoG were good games, Terranigma takes it into a different level.

In Terranigma, the player is tasked with resurrecting Earth (our Earth), and hence with each advancement in the plot the world changes to reflect their effect. It plays similar to the Legend of Zelda, as it uses a top-down perspective, but is a little faster paced, if more RPG oriented. Enix made a lot of games on the SNES, but this is without a doubt their best looking, and best sounding game.

I know that many readers in this site have probably played most of the games on this list, but I know that very few of them actually played Terranigma (even the great Chris Carter didn't). It is games like this one that I started my reviews series; in the hope of discovering an unknown gem.

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Since many of the games above are ones that I didn't actually review in my SNES Series, I though I would put in the top 10 games that I did review:

Earthbound.
Earthworm Jim 2.
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.
The Lost Vikings.
Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals.
Secret of Mana.
Super Castlevania IV.
Super Mario RPG.
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island.
Terranigma.

Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu 24 Dec 2015, 21:03

Probably the biggest regret I have is to never play Chrono Trigger.

Is it on 3DS in any shape or form?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu 24 Dec 2015, 21:17

RealGunner wrote:Probably the biggest regret I have is to never play Chrono Trigger.

Is it on 3DS in any shape or form?

The 3DS can play DS games, and there is an excellent Chrono Trigger port on the DS.

So technically, you can play Chrono Trigger on the 3DS.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu 24 Dec 2015, 21:20

My life is complete ffs

I have played FF6, Mega Man and SF2 already. Not a fan of donkey kong. Planning to get Zelda. Never heard of Terranigma before
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Thu 24 Dec 2015, 21:29

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:How is it subjective lol, that would mean a game would have to be the quality of 5 Witcher 3s. Such a game doesn't exist, hell and this is subjective I doubt such a game exists in comparison to Arkham Knight lol.

Also Jon said it's 100 times better, hardly the same that would mean that some of the greatest games ever made are real dog shit. hmm

Mole drinking that Witcher 3 cool aid when it isn't even as good as it's predecessors banana

And that 100 times thing was obvious hyperbole man, I just meant that Ori was better than any game we've seen this gen, including TW3 :coffee:
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 24 Dec 2015, 21:48

Nothing to do with Witcher 3, more that no game is 5 times better than something that's not utterly shit lol.

Also come back when you play it, doubt you'll think it's worse than Witcher 2 tbh.

I'm pretty sure practically nobody has that opinion.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu 24 Dec 2015, 22:02

Yea i have always read people not liking Witcher 2, eventhough the story is great from what i've read. Was a bit reserved before buying witcher 3 for that reason.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu 24 Dec 2015, 22:04

TW2 was decent but TW3 improved on it drastically in every aspect

'cep[t maybe the combat, wouldn't know since I 2 shot bosses in easy (:
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu 24 Dec 2015, 22:08

lmfao pls replay the game on death march u scrub

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 24 Dec 2015, 22:17

Firenze wrote:TW2 was decent but TW3 improved on it drastically in every aspect

'cep[t maybe the combat, wouldn't know since I 2 shot bosses in easy (:

Combat is much better lol, when I went back for the lulz I couldn't get past first act lol.

The only thing I'd say Witcher 2 does better is the political part of the story but that depends on what you prefer as 3 is much more personal story.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu 24 Dec 2015, 22:20

TW1 is like 1 pound in the steam sale

might have to get on it tbh
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 24 Dec 2015, 22:21

Combat is aids in Witcher 1 btw, actual contracted aids through the USB drive.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu 24 Dec 2015, 22:22

Buying it for main man Goatralt. TW2 as well if its there

more games i'll buy but never play (:

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu 24 Dec 2015, 22:24

It doesn't age well tbh, replayed it last year and barely finished it.

It was amazing though when it came out and i considered it one of the best games of the year (that was when Halo 3 and MES dominated my life)
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next