BarrileteCosmico
Robespierre
Hapless_Hans
VendettaRed07
DeletedUser#1
70 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Jürgen Klopp - New Liverpool Manager - Page 3 Empty Re: Jürgen Klopp - New Liverpool Manager

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:53 pm

Premier League is garbage. It's not as its some sort of strong league with super competition. The fact that an appalling Arsenal side who got raped by Olympicos & and Dynamo Zagreb LOL in CL are somehow the 2nd favourites to win the title tells you all you need to know about the state of this league. A bit of smart management and every team is beatable. We have no super teams like Barca/Bayern/Real/PSG here. In PL, as long as you play an open game and score goals and goals and play with tempo and intensity, you always have a chance

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Jürgen Klopp - New Liverpool Manager - Page 3 Empty Re: Jürgen Klopp - New Liverpool Manager

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:02 pm

Raped? Laughing
Sepi so you know, we had 3 own goals...sometimes you cant beat luck.

I do agree with the rest of it though.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:09 pm

By raped, I meant "Tactically raped"....ffs PL is making Ranieri look like a tactical genius....think about it. This is the weakest PL since mid 90s

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:11 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Well, first of all, Liverpool shouldn't suddenly raise their expectations through the roof.

Natalie Portman wrote:As I said 2 years ago, Top 4 is talk of losers. It's title or bust. We are 6 points behind league leaders having played 4 very difficult away games and a top manager who will galvanize the club and players is about to take over. Anything is possible. With Klopp, I'm also very hopeful of our chances at EL this season. Winning that amazing competition gets you a guaranteed Ticket to the CL, something the Losers trophy (4th) doesn't.

well this escalated quickly Laughing

you're incurable, aren't you Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:31 am

Curtinho wrote:Klopp to the Kop.

I wish nothing but success on him. Liverpool is in a better state and has more resources than what he inherited at Dortmund. If he can take that team and turn them into a BuLi winner and CL finalist I don't see why he can't at least bring Liverpool into the fold of the top 4 again, with some consistency.

Get in!

You were claiming Rodgers was a better manager 2 months ago. rofl
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:58 am

RealGunner wrote:Wonder how the British players will work under Klopp

He'll probably want to get rid of half the squad.

Yes and no.

Majority of our British players have a massive engine which is key to Klopp's high tempo / pressing game.

And we don't have too many British players anyway. Not in our first team anyways.

Clyne is still a solid wing back.
Sturridge is our best player.
Milner, Henderson and Lallana have massive work rates. (This is Adam's time to shine imo. Lacks consistency really, reminds me of Yossi Benayoun so could make do with him being a squad player. I'm actually worried Milner is our next Joe Cole. Doesn't have enough quality to play central midfield and Klopp won't be bullied into playing him there, he's on high wages for a significant time, and we have Henderson and Can who can both play the same role as the box-to-box. Jordan is our captain and best midfielder after Lucas so he'll fit right in.)
Gomez and Ibe are kids.
Allen might strive again in a pressing / quicker tempo game.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:07 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:Well, first of all, Liverpool shouldn't suddenly raise their expectations through the roof.

Curtinho, you formulated some sensible expectations by which to judge whether Rodgers was doing a good job or not.
If I remember right these were a meaningful challenge for top 4 (with 5th not being a desaster if it's close) and one or more deep runs in cup competitions.

These same expectations should of course apply for Klopp now, not higher ones, with a certain leeway since he's coming in midseason with a few points off top 4, and a few points dropped in EL, already.

As for the squad and players, let's wait and see.
I remember Utd fans anticipating LvG to get rid of the supposed 'deadwood', players they were rubbishing like Fellaini and Young.
Lo and behold, Fellaini and Young have been among Utd's top performers under van Gaal.

Who knows what Klopp will see when he assesses the squad.
Personally, I would want a top-four finish along with deep runs in the cups (domestic and EL). However, I would be totally content with non top-four finish with a cup (or two). What I really WANT is attitude. I WANT Liverpool play in a manner that will make me dream rather than dread for the next season.

Totally agree.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:16 am

I want to win EL above everything else. Imagine if Klopp faced Dortmund in the final Proud

But in all honesty I'm going to be very patient with my main man Klopp. No pressure m8. As long as we're not relegated he's got a free ride from me this season. I expect good things next season and beyond but let him tinker and adjust and get his own players here.

Of course deep down I still dream that we'll blitz the league this season right from the get go with Kloppy Proud

Don't teams usually galvanize when they hire a new coach mid season. If relegation fodder do this all the time, why can't we, eh.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:40 am

Don't call me James wrote:
Don't teams usually galvanize when they hire a new coach mid season. If relegation fodder do this all the time, why can't we, eh.

I don't think we'll get the "new manager effect" like relegation-threatened teams may get, but we'll simply get a better manager than before who will know better what to do.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:13 am

Here's a funny snippet I read at Twitter:

"First player Klopp had to sell after becoming Dortmund manager was Philip Degan, to Liverpool. Wonder how he managed after that?"

rofl rofl rofl
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:25 am

He owes us all a favor for that, by the way.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:36 am

Red Alert wrote:You were claiming Rodgers was a better manager 2 months ago. rofl

Are you and James the same person? You both love to make things up. Could you please quote where I said that Rodgers was a better manager than Klopp? (Hint: You can't, because I never said he was a better manager.)
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:58 am

Curtinho wrote:
Red Alert wrote:You were claiming Rodgers was a better manager 2 months ago. rofl

Are you and James the same person? You both love to make things up. Could you please quote where I said that Rodgers was a better manager than Klopp? (Hint: You can't, because I never said he was a better manager.)
don't feed the troll mate. Wink
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:02 am

Jürgen Klopp - New Liverpool Manager - Page 3 Th-liv10

:coffee:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:16 am

Kick wrote:Jürgen Klopp - New Liverpool Manager - Page 3 Th-liv10

:coffee:
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:48 am

@FabrizioRomano 29m29 minutes ago
Ancelotti refused the bid, now Klopp is ready for Liverpool. Talks ongoing to finalize the contract
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:02 pm

Why did Ancelotti refuse?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:03 pm

No idea if we were very serious about him either way but probably rejected us cuz of a mediocre budget, small club factors etc.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:04 pm

RealGunner wrote:Why did Ancelotti refuse?

Made a promise to coach us next if Mihajlovic fails :coffee:
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:05 pm

Just interested how Italian journalists seems to have inside info on English matters

No one in england reported about Ancelotti being offered the role but somehow DiFraudio and his mates have insiders at anfield
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:08 pm

They probably speak to agents, at least i assume that's the case.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:40 pm

he said he will not return to football until next season atleast.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:41 pm

I don't think it's true. It's been pretty clear that Klopp was agreed Friday before the weekend derby and the announcement and contract signing has been held off for a few reasons, one being the club not wanting the public to know they talked to other candidates while Brendan was still in charge. So it's a PR stunt to announce it a week later if anything.

Don't think Carlo would have accepted anyways if he were our first choice but he wasn't. Klopp was the main guy for a while now.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:20 pm

Ancelotti is in sabbatical year and he takes it seriously unlike Klopp because it is for health reasons.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:43 pm

https://twitter.com/5liveSport/statu...21509841973248

BBC 5 live Sport Verified account
‏@5liveSport

BREAKING:
The BBC understands that Jurgen Klopp will be announced as the new Liverpool manager tomorrow
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:03 pm

Congratulations. This makes Liverpool legit.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next