BarrileteCosmico
Robespierre
Hapless_Hans
VendettaRed07
DeletedUser#1
70 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Jürgen Klopp - New Liverpool Manager - Page 15 Empty Re: Jürgen Klopp - New Liverpool Manager

Post by Unique Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:20 am

RealGunner wrote:Tony barrett on Klopp and liverpool's summer

http://www.joe.co.uk/sport/liverpool-jurgen-klopp-transfer-window-inside-story/84124
i saw some good points in there but in cant for the life of me see why we didn't spend the winjaldum money on a left back. we need a left back. we didn't need gini.

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Jürgen Klopp - New Liverpool Manager - Page 15 Empty Re: Jürgen Klopp - New Liverpool Manager

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:56 am

One thing that's very true and IMO very important to understand is that indeed, in terms of transfers, Klopp is very similar to Wenger.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:55 am

https://streamable.com/nt03
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:59 am

Lallana transformed by Klopp methods

Lallana set Liverpool on their way to another impressive victory at Anfield
Option or protection: that is the mantra that Jürgen Klopp, the Liverpool manager, has laid down to his mercury-like midfielders whose fluid, ever-changing ebbs and flows utterly flummoxed Hull City and further elevated his team’s status as title contenders.
It is not only the high-intensity counter-pressing that opponents have found so difficult to cope with when facing Klopp’s side. Pinning down anyone from that quicksilver midfield, to which the tenacity of two excellent full backs is often added, has proved a nearly impossible task.
“They were ruthless,” Curtis Davies, Hull’s shell-shocked captain, said. “They go wherever they want and that is what causes all the problems. The inter-changing, the good football, the passing . . . it is hard to lay a glove on anyone. When there is so much inter-changing you cannot put your mark on one person. It is tough to try and get in and try and make a tackle which makes them think again because literally one second Mané will be in that hole, then Lallana and then Coutinho.”
Klopp appeared to be deliberately talking down Liverpool’s dominance despite the trouncing of the visiting team: the statistics of 74 per cent possession and 32 attempts against two being a perfect reflection of what happened. Even before Ahmed Elmohamady’s red card for blocking Coutinho’s goal-bound shot with his elbow, Hull were marooned in their own half, a cage of their own making.
“It has been a pretty good start,” was all Klopp would say, even though the result and performance were the perfect answer to criticisms that Liverpool only play well against the big teams. He added: “It’s a long, long, long race and I never saw in any race that if you have to run 20km that after 5km you are celebrating.”
There was momentum everywhere in Liverpool, and not only at the Labour Party conference down the road from Anfield. One Reds landslide was followed by another, as the Jürgenistas refused to be pigeon-holed to the left wing, the right wing or even the much-loved centre ground.
“If I ask my offensive midfield players, of which we have a lot, ‘What’s your favourite position?’ they all would say ‘No 10,’ ” Klopp said. “But it’s all about playing the game and creating the spaces you need. The rule is be an option or be protection. If you are not involved in offensive situations then protect. The rest is being creative, changing, movements.”

The system and philosophy suits the players that Klopp has: Adam Lallana, Philippe Coutinho and Sadio Mané led the Hull defenders a merry dance, with James Milner, a growing revelation as a converted left back, striking two perfect penalties. Maybe, at 30, his England retirement came too early. The spot-kicks apart, for goal one Coutinho wriggled through to set up Lallana for a cute finish, goal three was Lallana to Mané for the same result and goal four was Lallana to Coutinho for the kind of long-range strike that has become almost predictable.
Lallana in particular appears a man transformed by Klopp, and he has clearly bought into the “option or protection” mantra. “His most spectacular thing apart from his goal was his counter-pressing, and that was really impressive,” the manager said.

Loris Karius, chosen ahead of Simon Mignolet in goal, had virtually no opportunity to demonstrate his worth. “It wasn’t the busiest day,” the German goalkeeper admitted. Klopp confirmed that he will start again in the next match against Swansea and Karius could have done little to prevent David Meyler’s goal, but the lingering concern about Liverpool in terms of a tilt at the title is that they conceded from Hull’s first corner and their only shot on goal.
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/the-game/lallana-transformed-by-klopp-methods-dcp6vcbr7
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:51 am

no matter what anyone says. I am always scared if one or two of the important players gets injured, it would be very difficult for Klopp to sustain the high pressing game throughout the season.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:16 pm

Lack of European competition will come to your aid in that case. Your players will be able to sustain that high energy football for much of the season.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:21 pm

Contrarily, I'm not worried about injuries this season, we have guys like Sturridge, Origi and Can on the bench who can go into the XI without its quality dropping.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:52 pm

you happily mentioned strikers there. But I think Burnley game showed us when we played without Mane, we struggled badly.

Agaisnt Leicester we saw that we had no proper CBs and we had to play Lucas there and he is not a very capable CB imo. So in the end, we might be 1-2 injury away, where we might not be so comfortable to play our natural game and that might result into us dropping points.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:33 pm

The CB situation is partially on Klopp, Sakho is fit and ready and certainly better quality than Lucas at CB. Klopp just needs to be the bigger man and give Sakho a chance.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:15 pm

Lucas had a great game against Leicester. One mistake doesn't change that. Without him 2 of our goals don't happen. He started the moves with sublime passes and his defending throughout the match was magnificent. It's all getting masked because of the error that could happen to anyone. Hell you guys are so comfortable with Lovren, do you want me to go back and pull out all of his errors that led to goals, there are much more of those than Lucas' around.

Forget about Sakho. He won't ever play for us again.

Klavan is a very good back up to Matip-Lovren for now. There was no drop in quality as you saw yesterday and against Derby when Ragnar played ahead of Lovren. Lucas is also very capable. And while Klopp is not playing Ilori, he did have high praise for him this week as Tiago has been great for U23.

Burnley game, to Klopps own admission, came too soon. he said the players weren't prepared to face a bus parking side that early because we hadn't completely prepared for it. Which was true. Look at how we've dismantled teams trying to defend with 10 men against the ball since then (Hull, Chelsea, Derby, Burton, Leicester).

Missing or not missing Mane for Burnley wouldn't have made the difference. We would have struggled to score against Burnley regardless. There was no movement and patience in that game like you see now. Klopp said so himself. I think all of preseason Klopp prepared for the first 5 matches which included Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, and Leicester so the team didn't expect a hardcore 80%-possession-go-ahead-break-us-down kind of game. We are better equipped now to play these teams.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:02 pm

Yeah, listen, the fewer times you mention Ilori on this forum, the less damage you'll do to your reputation. Also, Lucas is not a Premier League CB, period. Sakho has got talent and Klopp should work on him better than freeze him out, that's just a fact. It's not good management to cast a talented player out just because their personality isn't all roses and red wine. Klavan is OK back-up but no more than that.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:44 pm

Wonder if Unique still wants him out

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:48 pm

RealGunner wrote:Wonder if Unique still wants him out

Tbf Unique didn't exactly want Klopp out, he just continuously couldn't wrap his head around why, if managers like Pulis or Pardew can get their teams to do the basics and be solid in defense, Klopp can't do it. How hard can it be if a donkey manager like Pulis can do it. And if he can't even do this simple thing, what good is fancy big name continental manger Klopp.
Tbh my little niece could see that Moreno is a terrible player whoch should not play a single minute, why can't Klopp.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:08 pm

I thought my ears were burning. But no I never said I want klopp out. I did think and still do think we are weak at the back. We give away silly goals and we are still pants at defending set plays I did think klopp was taking to long to fix the defence problems because it's something that can be fixed on the training pitch and not only in the transfer market. But now I'm starting to think that we will never be a team that keeps clean sheets under klopp. This team looks like the Rodgers team that came 2nd. Great to watch and good going forward with plenty of goals. But can't keep them out at the other end.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:03 pm

Eh...I have to disagree.

I'm a big fan of Rodgers, and I think that Rodgers will still be a successful coach. However Klopp has this team running like a well oiled machine. They look better right now than they did under Rodgers in 13/14 IMO, as a unit. There's no Suarez, but each player is performing really well in his role and the team is working well on the whole.

Verdict is still out on teams that want Liverpool to play with the most of the ball, but side from the Burnley game the early results are very positive. I'm impressed with Klopp. He's made the necessary adjustments that could bring Liverpool into the top 4.

I've always found him charistmatic, fun and his track record speaks for itself. However obviously there were questions after his first half season, and questions to start the season. So far he's answering them all (Minolet benched, Moreno benched, stability for the defence, change in formation, etc.) I love it. Hope it continues and everything comes up Milhouse for Liverpool.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:08 am

We could go the rest of the season undefeated and people will still bring up this Burnley game ffs.

We struggled without Mane because we lacked pace in the final third*. We played Sturridge out there to try and utilize that and well, he was acting like an idiot thinking he was bigger than his role.

He was played out wide to break the lines / cut inside / give us that other option going forward / attack the full back.

I have no doubt that's why Sturridge has been benched so many times this season (more than his "fitness" issues anyway).

*That, and well Coutinho. He had what, 10 shots in that game? No surprise he was dropped soon after and has become more disciplined in his game. Klopp isn't scared to drop anyone regardless of status and expects a team performance.

Not too mention his treatment with Sakho and his stupid antics. He's really disappointed me. Our best defender and he's acting like a dickhead which has pretty much ruined his future at the club. :brickwall:

Also, for all this "we struggle with teams that play defensive / behind the ball" we've got wins against Chelsea, Leicester and Hull in the league so far... that's 3 wins, 1 loss.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:53 pm

Red Alert wrote:
Not too mention his treatment with Sakho and his stupid antics. He's really disappointed me. Our best defender and he's acting like a dickhead which has pretty much ruined his future at the club. :brickwall:

Maybe before Matip arrived. But Sakho can't hold a candle to Matip's quality.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:58 pm

Don't call me James wrote:
Red Alert wrote:

Maybe before Matip arrived. But Sakho can't hold a candle to Matip's quality.
Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:06 pm

Lovren was already better than Sakho anyway since Klopp came along. Even when he was with Southampton he was better.

I feel like people have been building up Sakho forever but he's never put in the performance consistently to justify it. He's just not that good, and he's a wreck off the field too.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:40 pm

Jürgen Klopp - New Liverpool Manager - Page 15 V41020vbb1ox

Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:46 pm

Proud :wub:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:15 pm

Jürgen Klopp - New Liverpool Manager - Page 15 Tumblr_oedmlbbVUf1tvninto1_1280
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:43 pm

Pep best be scared. Klopp has done that with a deathrun schedule at the start of the season, while Pep's been demolishing scrubs.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:31 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqvvEGS84Yg

Weird. Was it Carragher who criticized Karius more ? scratch
Is he being given a free pass cos he is a club legend whereas GNev is attacked when he says the same ?

Note that I, personally being a United fan has no bearing on what I am saying here, and what I am saying is that all pundits are azholes to a large extent.
Scholes, one of United's greatest legends constantly talks shit deliberately about United nowadays we, fans despise him as a pundit. Even LvG was seriously pissed at our former players turned pundits.

Last edited by Glory on Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:33 pm

About time someone calls these clueless clowns out who are paid to insult players.

Gary Neville is an overrrated fraud and his brother is the village simpleton.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:04 pm

Sorry but I completely disagree with Klopp. Every single pundit from BBC, BT and Sky criticised Karius and yet Klopp is coming out for Gary alone. Carragher said a lot more than Gary but obviously Klopp isn't going to say anything to the Liverpool legend.

And Neville didn't even say anything wrong. Everything he said was justified. He has flaws but he is still by far the best pundit in the UK. He was ripping into United for the last few weeks and I bet Klopp enjoyed listening to that.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next