LeBéninois
Doc
halamadrid2
terrance511
Onyx
27 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Mateo Kovacic - The Key to La Liga - Page 2 Empty Re: Mateo Kovacic - The Key to La Liga

Post by Vibe Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:54 am

So how is he doing so far?

Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Mateo Kovacic - The Key to La Liga - Page 2 Empty Re: Mateo Kovacic - The Key to La Liga

Post by Freeza Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:08 am

Vibe wrote:So how is he doing so far?

He was really good Yesterday until he was sent off. Tough job having to cover Pepe on one of his bad days.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:41 am

He's a wonderful talent
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:00 pm

Possibly our summer signing. Struggled last year but looks much better this year.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:42 pm

I don't mean to upset anybody but I rate Kovacic as a average player. You just have to watch one match with Pogba and see how the difference is clear as day. They are the same type of players except one of them is talented while the other one is getting overhyped by Madrid fans because he can do some nice runs...

That's not enough, he made like 2-3 nice interceptions but he lost the ball quite often and had a nice shot outside the box too. But the performance was average at best.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:59 pm

Nothing wrong with that, you don't rate him. Many players I don't rate.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:09 pm

Still going on about Pogba! What's that got to do with Kova?

We didn't get Pogba because of money, not only a ridiculous transfer fee, an outrageous salary demand that would upset entire salary ladder, a greedy selfish agent fee and a demand for half of image rights!!! No player is bigger than club which is what he was expecting. It's not saying he isn't good, just that he wasn't worth the price. If he had come it would have meant benching Kroos! He simply wasn't needed.

Kova on the other hand is a reserve midfielder that is improving. Why the comparison of the two is beyond me?

Zidane is basically getting entire reserve squad to step up, Kova being a prime example of this.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:20 pm

guest7 wrote:I don't mean to upset anybody but I rate Kovacic as a average player. You just have to watch one match with Pogba and see how the difference is clear as day. They are the same type of players except one of them is talented while the other one is getting overhyped by Madrid fans because he can do some nice runs...

That's not enough, he made like 2-3 nice interceptions but he lost the ball quite often and had a nice shot outside the box too. But the performance was average at best.

As opposed to Pogba who doesn't lose the ball?

One of the most dispossessed players in Europe past few years. How can a CM gets dispossessed this much?

Only thing I see here is over hyping of Pogba. His transfer fee itself is proof for that.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:08 am

Kova is raw. He will improve if he keeps getting minutes.
all he has to do is calm down.
He is going to be instrumental this season.

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:29 pm

Kovacic is great. Has the accel, workrate, and the technique to succeed.

Just needs game time.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:28 pm

I can't justify the price, nor the wages tbh, but all you need to do is watch a game from Pogba to see that the difference is clear as day.

Pogba is a superb player and definitely a worthy starter in Real Madrid. One of the best midfielders in the world tbh
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:17 pm

Kovacic isn't a starter though, so I don't see the comparison tbh.

Two completely different players. I think Kovacic is great for what he is. He is a young talent who seems capable of coming off the bench and providing some great performances.

A bit inconsistent but that is expected of young players.

Has potential Imo, just isn't there yet.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:37 pm

Yes guest7 ignore the fact he cost 100m and we would've had to bend backwards for him and his agent. You have a love affair with James and can't admit kovacic is a great player. Your boy James is on his way out anyways
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:20 pm

the only guy i care about right now. finally justifying my tots about it. if he is given continuity, I know it sounds crazy but he will turn out to be real Madrid's best player.

he has the craziest blend of skills I have seen in one player

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:18 am

I told you guys last summer. I followed him at inter. This guys a real masterpiece of a player. Exceptional pace and technique along with great all around vision and he rarely gets dispossessed
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:09 pm

he's world-class. look at this

https://www.instagram.com/izabelandrijanic/
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:23 pm

For a CM, he is quite one footed. Don't think I've seen him use his left foot for anything other than to run.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:39 pm

Growing importance within the first team?
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:56 pm

Yeah, he has shown he has first team capabilities. And with Kroos' recent long term injury, he is definitely gonna be a sure starter for a while.

Apart from his one footedness, the man is clearly a fine footballer in the making. He is cutting out his rash behaviour and doing fine midfielder things. May he continue to grow and perform to the level I think he can.

Especially against Atleti, Barcelona, Sporting de Portugal and Dortmund. Totally need big results there.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:37 pm

He's still not back to full confidence from what I've seen.

When he arrived it was the biggest thing about him, he just had ridiculous confidence, heart of a lion. We managed to destroy that fully, he became the complete opposite.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:10 pm

"We" as in Inter?

When he first started he used to only pass to Kroos or Modric or our CBs now he takes more risks with his passes. Love his through balls, they are always inch perfect. I have noticed he tends to overrun while making his trademark runs from deep with a touch that takes the ball too far away from him or being too fast for his own good when the defender suddenly comes charging towards him
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:22 pm

Yeah, Inter.

Good to hear, his talent was always ridiculously obvious, unfortunately Inter is the worst place to be talented at.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:10 am

From what i've seen on Kovacic, he really needs to work on the passing, game control, confidence, and vision required of an RM CM. His passing is not creative or assertive enough and he relies too much on physical abilities, mainly his speed. What results is that he looks "better" when given space to run.

He certainly has good speed, height, acceleration, turning ability, and some interesting final passes here and there, but its his passing and organization game which still leaves things to be desired IMO.

I was watching highlights of Marcos Llorente vs Espanyol today, his passing was confident, he fired at will, long balls, crosses from the inside of the pitch, changing flank with his left foot, etc, this is the kind of stuff i'd like to see from Kova.

The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:55 am

Disagreed. His passing and final balls have been amazing. by far and away our best player this past month.

You're also discrediting him on his strengths, which is also unfair. and Marcos llorente has a completely different style
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:21 am

So what's the opinion on Kovacic again?

To me he still looks like a wannabe AM who hasn't really adapted to CM role and thus often looks toothless in it. He has some great qualities but it bothers me that at 23 years old he still looks raw. Talking about patience, time, inexperience, playing time, is kinda like throwing certain issues under the rug imo.

Even in the misleading youtube comps, his arguably  overrated runs get most of the attention and most of his more brilliant passing comes in the final third in the forms of assists, which is telling. I've read some on twitter and youtube say they'd wish they saw Kovacic make more runs, but i think it would be better for him to refocus his game and appropriate his finest attributes to the duties of of a CM, which is what he was brought in for. He was brought for his supposed potential for greatness, not simply as some squad player, which is why the bar should be set high with him.

Seeing kids like Valverde and Ceballos, it is clear Kovacic is not naturally of that passing and dictating mold. Too often Kova shows decision making and technique issues with his passing, some of his long balls look desperate.

In other words, he ain't precisely showing to be the next Luka Modric.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:25 am

Lack of game time needed. while its true we rotated a lot, footballers in general need a consistent run of games, not rotation.

In any case I have no qualms with Kovacic. Just needs to work hard.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next