McAgger
farfan
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
El Gunner
48 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

CL Round 16: Dortmund x Juventus - Page 2 Empty Re: CL Round 16: Dortmund x Juventus

Post by Forza Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:49 pm

Robespierre wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Allegri is great in Europe

When did this myth start lol? He got to the quarter finals once lol, aside from that it's been constant early round disappointment.

Exactly lol
but maybe RG is influenced for that 4-0 at Milano

Those were the days Proud

inb4lost3-0thenextgame

Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

CL Round 16: Dortmund x Juventus - Page 2 Empty Re: CL Round 16: Dortmund x Juventus

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:22 am

Dortmund have won three in a row, have, at the moment, zero injuries, and are Kloppo-coached. Don't see a single reason why they shouldn't win.

Well, despite Juve being a strong as balls team, but frankly, I still think their defense is overrated, and is mostly this strong because they defend as a team, and their midfield holds things tight.

Dortmund have the quality in midfield to win that battle, and open up spaces to get forwards running at Juves defense, at which point we'll see how slow they are, and some goal will be leaked at some point, I reckon.

Not denying their quality though, from Dortmund's point of view, I'd be cautiously optimistic.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:56 am

I can't predict it tbh, mainly because how wildly unpredictable both teams are. Is Hummels available btw? Because Sokratis and Subotic won't get it done.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:01 am

I hope BVB smash Juve tbh.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:03 am

Also if Mkhitryrant sees the pitch my previous post is null and void Laughing It's an easy Juve win then.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:07 am

VivaStPauli wrote:Dortmund have won three in a row, have, at the moment, zero injuries, and are Kloppo-coached. Don't see a single reason why they shouldn't win.

Well, despite Juve being a strong as balls team, but frankly, I still think their defense is overrated, and is mostly this strong because they defend as a team, and their midfield holds things tight.

Dortmund have the quality in midfield to win that battle, and open up spaces to get forwards running at Juves defense, at which point we'll see how slow they are, and some goal will be leaked at some point, I reckon.

Not denying their quality though, from Dortmund's point of view, I'd be cautiously optimistic.

You didn't learn anything this season did you ? Laughing

I don't say that Dortmund won't win, but they can also get trashed by Juventus. The last match from Dortmund against the worst team of the league (Vfb Stuttgart) with a 3-2 win says nothing.

Dortmunds last 3 wins
3-2 vs Stuttgart (18th)
4-2 vs Mainz (11th)
3-0 vs Freiburg (16th)

And they didn't play well in those matches.
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:12 am

Tbf they have played well in CL all season, they just suck major ass in the league but it's not really relevant to this game.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:23 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Also if Mkhitryrant sees the pitch my previous post is null and void Laughing It's an easy Juve win then.

Laughing

100% agree. The guy is atrocious.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:37 am

I feel Dortmund will win 3-1/4-2 on aggregate.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:40 am

jibers wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Also if Mkhitryrant sees the pitch my previous post is null and void Laughing It's an easy Juve win then.

Laughing

100% agree. The guy is atrocious.

He wasn't nearly that bad last season.

As for playing well in the CL, first of all towards the end of the group their European form began adjusting to their catastrophic league form and they nearly lost the group win.

Then of course, spielverlagerung has shown how there was a big difference in how the teams in Bundesliga behaved towards them tactically and how their group opponents behaved.
Basically their CL group opponents let them play their game, while the league had found a way to nullify their usual counter/counterpress two-punch combo.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:21 am

VivaStPauli wrote:Dortmund have won three in a row, have, at the moment, zero injuries, and are Kloppo-coached. Don't see a single reason why they shouldn't win.

According to the RWO charts, Juve have the best defensive record in Europe, don't they?

My outlook for this match is that either team is capable of winning - it's nicely poised. However, I think having the second leg at home might be a pivotal advantage for Dortmund. This is because Juve are one of those teams that likes to measure exactly how much effort they need to grind out a result and I think that if they adopt their typically conservative European tactics and settle for 1-0 or even 2-1 at home, Dortmund will send them packing in Germany.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:23 am

Forza wrote:
According to the RWO charts, Juve have the best defensive record in Europe, don't they?

Go wash out your mouth with soap Razz

http://www.goallegacy.net/t36463p90-return-of-the-top-defenses-of-the-top-5-leagues-2014-2015-stats#1384774
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:32 am

jibers wrote:I hope BVB smash Juve tbh.
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:35 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Forza wrote:

http://www.goallegacy.net/t36463p90-return-of-the-top-defenses-of-the-top-5-leagues-2014-2015-stats#1384774

Hapless_Hans wrote:irrelevant thread.

Laughing

The point stands though. Juve have a great defensive record.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:44 am

That's my point though. They do have a great defensive record. I just think that, without wanting to insult the entirety of Italian football, that they encounter very few midfields that are able to punch through their own in Serie A, meaning that while that league does have lots of great forwards, I think Juve will find themselves in the very unusual position of not winning the midfield battle almost by default.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:45 am

Forza wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:
Forza wrote:

Hapless_Hans wrote:irrelevant thread.

Laughing

That was my sentiment in a week where Bayern wasn't leading :coffee:

Forza wrote:
The point stands though. Juve have a great defensive record.

It does.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:49 am

VivaStPauli wrote:That's my point though. They do have a great defensive record. I just think that, without wanting to insult the entirety of Italian football, that they encounter very few midfields that are able to punch through their own in Serie A, meaning that while that league does have lots of great forwards, I think Juve will find themselves in the very unusual position of not winning the midfield battle almost by default.

In that case, I agree about the defence. Although it is worth noting that Juve have not conceded many goals in Europe either.

I'm not sure about the midfield battle. I think that if Allegri has some brains and some guts, he'll put out a 4-4-2 that is a vast improvement on Juve's 3-5-2 (effectively a 5-3-2). If we see the latter formation, Dortmund will run the midfield. If we see the former, I expect that Dortmund will concede ground and opt to hit on the counter - not because their midfield is inferior, but because that's probably the wise thing to do away from home against a team that doesn't have the quickest defence.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:52 am

Yes, and I'm by no means sure Dortmund will win, I just think that they're very different from most teams Juve have won against in the past season and a half.

So yes, their defense is great, but their defense also hinges on their midfield being the Serie A top dog, imho.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:05 am

Equally, as much as I dislike praising Juve, it's not every day that you play against a midfield of Pirlo, Vidal, Pogba and Marchisio.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:52 am

If Juve tries to attack Dortmund, because they are at home, this will be a fun game, In that case Dortmund might get a draw like 2-2 or even win it 2-1. It is the Dortmund home game which is unpredictable because Dortmund will be frustrated at their stadium because of Juves defense.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:51 am

DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:08 am

Allegri's home Champions League knockout games: 0-1 (vs. Spurs), 4-0 (Arsenal), 0-0 (Barça), 2-0 (Barça). Knows how to get the clean sheet.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:13 am

He wont manage it this time :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:16 am

We have a huge mental block in UCL and until we win against big inform team we will suck, that's my opinion and that's the reason that we are chokers, we can't put the fact in our head that we have enough quality for UCL not for winners ofc but we can cause trouble. This would be easier with wingers and some width but..
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:55 am

MaraVilla wrote:
jibers wrote:I hope BVB smash Juve tbh.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:59 am

Fully confident in Juve.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next