Lord Spencer
Donuts
Hapless_Hans
VivaStPauli
McAgger
95 posters

Page 13 of 43 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 28 ... 43  Next

Go down

Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition - Page 13 Empty Re: Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:07 pm

Really? Didn't get a single preseason and your knees are already jerking that hard?

VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition - Page 13 Empty Re: Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition

Post by McAgger Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:42 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Really? Didn't get a single preseason and your knees are already jerking that hard?

It's mostly trolls bumping this thread.

I don't think anyone here is actually believing the criticism they are spewing.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:14 pm

The only concern is obviously Klopp's last year at Dortmund and the idea that he was 'figured out' tactically.

There's still lots of time. There's also the possibility that his particular tactics will not work in England. Each of the top leagues plays a bit differently.

It's too early to say either way. I like his personality and the confidence that he gives his players though. However, before everything started falling apart for Rodgers they were saying the same thing.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:06 am

Well if you are expecting him to tactically unlock the deep defences then you have hired the wrong manager. He doesn't really have a good tactical plan when his team is not counter attacking.

His team is totally depended on its ball winning ability and rushing quickly. The ball winning is going to improve allot so Liverpool are going to score more too.but unlocking parked buses was never klopps biggest strength. A reason why he should stay away from big clubs.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:40 am

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CWsPqtlW4AApjrl.jpg
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:36 am

Even so, Dortmund created shitloads of chances in his last season.
So this 'tactically figured out', while maybe to a certain extent true, isn't the whole story - there were issues going on at Dortmund, in the dressing room, I think the World Cup played a role, I think the fact that 7 years is a long time when 'motivation' is a big part of the work.
All of it is not suprising and not some sinister foreboding.

He will come good, just relax.
When he joined, everyone of you said "this season is a write-off", "let's give him time, bring players in" etc.

Then the team performs great against City and Southampton and suddenly you get greedy, as you've had a taste of what could be (I can understand).

Now there were some painful setbacks, there might be more and maybe even more painful setbacks to come.

Makes no sense to pick ones head and micro-criticize (NO IDEA WHY HE DID'T PICK BENTEKE, etc pp).
He's figuring stuff out and it takes time.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:43 am

futbol wrote:This is what happens when you trust people who made a name for themselves in Bundesfodder.

B-Mac wrote:Best Manager in the League i was told after 2 victories over Chelsea and half fit Aguero/Silvaless City wins (:

I said he wouldn't improve Liverpool much, but this criticism is unfair. He has been there 2 months, unable to sign or plan a season. Also, his team is full of scrubs.

They are starting Lallana on the wing. A poor man's iniesta, playing in the position where Iniesta becomes a poor man's Iniesta. So Lallana is a poor man's, poor man's Iniesta.

A manager has many attributes, and Dortmund's Klopp was outstanding in signing talent. Let's see who he signs and how does liverpool play afterwards. It's one of the thing liverpool needs the most because they have the money but sign mostly overpriced rubbish.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:36 pm

free_cat wrote:
futbol wrote:This is what happens when you trust people who made a name for themselves in Bundesfodder.

B-Mac wrote:Best Manager in the League i was told after 2 victories over Chelsea and half fit Aguero/Silvaless City wins (:

I said he wouldn't improve Liverpool much, but this criticism is unfair. He has been there 2 months, unable to sign or plan a season. Also, his team is full of scrubs.

They are starting Lallana on the wing. A poor man's iniesta, playing in the position where Iniesta becomes a poor man's Iniesta. So Lallana is a poor man's, poor man's Iniesta.

A manager has many attributes, and Dortmund's Klopp was outstanding in signing talent. Let's see who he signs and how does liverpool play afterwards. It's one of the thing liverpool needs the most because they have the money but sign mostly overpriced rubbish.
mate do you ever read anyones point before you reply. for the last frigging time. we all know the squad is not good enough to win the prem lge or the champions lge. we know that we know that we know that. but we have a far better squad than Newcastle. west brom and Watford. that's what we are trying to say. :facepalm:
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:23 am

Sad
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:39 am

He's not even had his first transfer window lmfao
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:41 am

Nishankly wrote:He's not even had his first transfer window lmfao
other managers are doing far more with far less. that's my problem with him.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:41 am

Unique wrote:

How can you have problems with a manager who has been here less than two months? HOW?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:47 am

Nishankly wrote:
Unique wrote:

How can you have problems with a manager who has been here less than two months? HOW?
because nothing has changed. nothing at all. what is it that you have seen that has got better. simple tactics are beating us week after week. teams are just putting a few men behind the ball and snuffing us out. why don't we use that tactic to win a few games.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:51 am

@WestHam_Central 2m2 minutes ago
KLOPP DOES HIGH FIVES AND USES THE HIGH PRESSING HUGGY-HUGGA TACTIC WITH HIS PLAYERS SO THEY'LL BE FINE LADS

West Ham fans taking the piss lmaoo
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:08 am

Gotta say there's no difference whatsoever to Rodgers so far.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:31 am

The consistency will be a fantasy this year for Liverpool , destined to have inconsistency during the year, capable to destroy City and then losing against a mid-table team.
It happens because the changes of coach during the year are basically overrated , it's difficult to turn as you want with a team not built from you . These changes usually limit the damages of a irreversible situation - infact the sack usually comes when the situation is compromised
Personally I'll rate him better  since June with a team built by him  , with his physical training ( fundamental matter for Klopp's teams )  etc
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:44 am

let me just put this in there. tim Sherwood and the bunch of scrubs at villa managed to make benteke one of the most dangerous strikers in the lge. now look at him. if Sherwood and villa can find a way to get the best out of benteke you would think Liverpool and klopp could get more from him.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:46 am

Benteke's been fine, he's scored some goals even when we're not creating many chances. Benteke or getting the most out of him isn't the problem, it's the build-up play that goes on behind him. Benteke has shown he can score goals when presented with chances.

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:58 am

looking a bit like fraud tbh. But I still think he needs to bring in his own players, then we can judge adequately
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:02 pm

what is it klopp is trying to do anyway. I mean when Rodgers came in he wanted to play position football with a quick passing game. does anyone know what we are trying to do now.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:18 pm

Unique wrote:what is it klopp is trying to do anyway. I mean when Rodgers came in he wanted to play position football with a quick passing game. does anyone know what we are trying to do now.

waiting for a Mario Gotze, Marco Reus and Lewandowski to appear from the squad Laughing
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:41 pm

So we should blame Klopp for not performing with a team who let their manager go for nothing enough with his team. I wouldn't judge a coach who took over a team which clearly wasn't performing week in, week out. A manager needs time to instill his brand of football and bring in players who fit his system.

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:48 pm

ranDOM 10 wrote:So we should blame Klopp for not performing with a team who let their manager go for nothing enough with his team. I wouldn't judge a coach who took over a team which clearly wasn't performing week in, week out. A manager needs time to instill his brand of football and bring in players who fit his system.
thats my question. what is it he is trying to do.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:12 pm

But what do you expect in 2 months with no roster changes. My best guess is the current roster can't fit into Klopp's philosophy and clearly the roster wasn't working with Rodgers. Reserve the judgement when he actually starts to implement change and has a full preseason with the team.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:14 pm

He's trying to make Liverpool play with more aggression and pressing - he said as much when he signed, right? Success has been mixed so far. Liverpool had fantastic results at City, Chelsea and Southampton but some poor ones against Watford and West Ham. And maybe that should be expected given it's a new manager who doesn't know his squad too well, who hasn't had a transfer window, and who hasn't had a pre-season to fully work with his new players.

Any manager needs more than two months with a new team. Klopp comes in, gets a few good results and Liverpool are suddenly going places, now the results aren't so good you've got fans complaining that nothing's changed. Such is modern day football I guess.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:24 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:He's trying to make Liverpool play with more aggression and pressing - he said as much when he signed, right? Success has been mixed so far. Liverpool had fantastic results at City, Chelsea and Southampton but some poor ones against Watford and West Ham. And maybe that should be expected given it's a new manager who doesn't know his squad too well, who hasn't had a transfer window, and who hasn't had a pre-season to fully work with his new players.

Any manager needs more than two months with a new team. Klopp comes in, gets a few good results and Liverpool are suddenly going places, now the results aren't so good you've got fans complaining that nothing's changed. Such is modern day football I guess.
my problem is not so much with the results. my problem is average teams are turning up with far less talent to pick from and are beating us with ease using nothing more than a few men behind the ball and a few balls into the box of there own. the world can see where we are weak yet we never look like fixing it. teams lump a few balls into the box and take the points. maybe we should find a way to be hard to beat and dangerous from a few balls into the box. that way we can win ugly just to breed confidence. we are so easy to beat its unreal. teams don't even need good players to pull off a bit of magic to whoop us.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 43 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 28 ... 43  Next