Kick
rwo power
Vibe
Art Morte
futbol
46 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Will he do it? - Update: Yes he did it. - Page 3 Empty Re: Will he do it? - Update: Yes he did it.

Post by rwo power Tue 3 Jun - 16:18:51

Doc wrote:Isn't Fontaine the record holder for most goals in a WC (13 goals) so Spencer maybe wrong on that one.
Yup. Just Fontaine scored all his goals in one World Cup.
Gerd Müller scored 10 in 1970 and 4 in 1974, the 14th goal the winning goal for Germany over the Netherlands, though.

rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Will he do it? - Update: Yes he did it. - Page 3 Empty Re: Will he do it? - Update: Yes he did it.

Post by rwo power Tue 3 Jun - 16:29:37

sanchez04 wrote:Most of record holders are unknown players who is not even in top 100 list in history book. Klose will be one of them
I think it is a bit weird that the second most capped German player (131 caps, only surpassed by Lothar Matthaus who reached 150 caps) who is joint top scorer for Germany (together with Gerd Müller) with 68 international goals is so underrated.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue 3 Jun - 16:31:13

M99 wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:I don't think the record is as important as it looks.

IMO, Gerd Muller is the true WC top scorer. It is more important to score alot in one WC, than 5 in 4 WCs.

He played like only 5 minutes in 1994.

Ronaldo's best record is 8 goals in 2002.

I think the best WC scorer should go to those who score a lot in a WC campaign alone:

As it stands, Just Fontaine who is little remembered should be the most talked about WC scorer for his 13 goals in one campaign.

After Fontaine, Sandor Kocsis, then Gerd Muller, followed by Eusebio are the top WC scorers.

Ronaldo shares his 8 goal tally with two other players:
-Ademir (Brazil)
-Stabile (Uruguay)
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue 3 Jun - 16:38:20

If he breaks the record then he deserves it, no question.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Tue 3 Jun - 18:53:30

all its going to take a couple of goal could be penalties. The odds are very high he will break the record and higher that he equals it.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by BORUSSIA!! Tue 3 Jun - 21:23:12

Before I didn't really care but after reading through this thread I hope he does to piss off the R9 fanboys who thinks he's obligated to hold the record just because of who he is.

BORUSSIA!!
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawky Sun 8 Jun - 22:41:32

I hope he breaks it. I don't want to take anything away from Ronaldo, but Klose is a World Cup legend for me - those goal celebrations in 2002 were special  Very Happy 
Hawky
Hawky
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon 9 Jun - 8:13:09

I would love to see Ronaldo keep the record Razz

No disrespect to Klose, just personal preference.

I think it will really depend on how much playing time and the service he gets. If he starts a few games he has a very good chance since we all know he will get chances. If less chance and playing time he would need to produce special or just get lucky.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon 9 Jun - 8:16:10

how can someone say he doesn't deserve it over someone else..
if he passes the record he deserves it, not really up for discussion he literally does it what is even the discussion?? scratch 
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon 9 Jun - 9:11:12

Donuts wrote:how can someone say he doesn't deserve it over someone else..
if he passes the record he deserves it, not really up for discussion he literally does it what is even the discussion?? scratch 

I guess I know where both sides come from, meaning many top scorers often arent as good or great as a player as someone who may score less. Other factors also include the amount of WCs having played in, the support from teammates one gets, the quality of the goals scored, quality of oppositions, etc. So that definitely are factors to consider apart from just purely seeing the amount of goals scored.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon 9 Jun - 11:54:34

BarcaLearning wrote:Other factors also include the amount of WCs having played in, the support from teammates one gets, the quality of the goals scored, quality of oppositions, etc. So  that definitely are factors to consider apart from just purely seeing the amount of goals scored.
So Ronaldo didn't profit from extraordinary team mates? He didn't score against weak opposition, too? And he didn't get an own-goal of another player added to his tally? And Miro's Klose's headers weren't goals to behold?

(Oh, and even against weak opposition you have to score... How many goals did CRonaldo score in the last World Cup? And that's when his team managed a 7:0 against North Korea?)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue 10 Jun - 3:32:26

rwo power wrote:
BarcaLearning wrote:Other factors also include the amount of WCs having played in, the support from teammates one gets, the quality of the goals scored, quality of oppositions, etc. So  that definitely are factors to consider apart from just purely seeing the amount of goals scored.
So Ronaldo didn't profit from extraordinary team mates? He didn't score against weak opposition, too? And he didn't get an own-goal of another player added to his tally? And Miro's Klose's headers weren't goals to behold?

(Oh, and even against weak opposition you have to score... How many goals did CRonaldo score in the last World Cup? And that's when his team managed a 7:0 against North Korea?)

I didnt exacting mean Ronaldo > Klose.... as personal perference though I just would like to the Ronaldo retain the record simply cos hes so much a better player overall. Not going to go through all their goals and compare the quality, but I just meant a bunch of factors would influence one's choice Smile
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue 10 Jun - 3:45:15

30 years from now when our children scroll around the goal legacy forums, they will say how klose is the record holder for most goals in world cup and none will talk about Ronaldo, the only brazilian that'll come up is pele or whoever else.. because those will never disappear nor do record holders.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue 10 Jun - 4:11:54

Donuts wrote:30 years from now when our children scroll around the goal legacy forums, they will say how klose is the record holder for most goals in world cup
Unless Thomas Müller will have overtaken him a World Cup or two later. And then scroll another World Cup or two forward and maybe it is Neymar and whoever will come afterwards. Records are there to be broken after all. Smile
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed 11 Jun - 21:45:06

Ronaldo only played in 3 a World Cups.. Klose will need 4

:coffee:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed 11 Jun - 21:50:26

Klose scored 4 or more in each World Cup hed played in. If he keeps this up for 2014, it will be another record to behold :coffee:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed 11 Jun - 21:54:27

That's a big if.. I could also say that if Ronaldo played a lot in '94 he could have scored a few there as well

LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed 11 Jun - 21:55:56

Well, we will see. I'll certainly keep my fingers crossed for Miro to score a handful.

(And I read somewhere that Ronaldo asked the people in Fortaleza to put some evil magic spell on Klose so that he won't surpass his record Laughing )
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu 12 Jun - 4:30:04

I think he will do it though, Germany should make it pretty far.. I'm sure he can score two tap ins, and I wouldn't be surprised if he is given penalties by team-mates (if he's not the designated PK taker) to try and break the record
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Thu 12 Jun - 5:18:10

It will obviously depend on if he plays, but I would love to see Klose pull out another series of great world cup performances. It would really immortalize him to do it right around the end of his career.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Thu 12 Jun - 5:32:18

LeSwagg James wrote:Ronaldo only played in 3 a World Cups.. Klose will need 4

Ronaldo really played in 2 WC
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Thu 12 Jun - 6:00:41

He played in three. 1998, 2002, and 2006. He made the 1994 team but I'm pretty sure he didn't play at all.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat 21 Jun - 23:01:21

They're tied now Cool
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat 21 Jun - 23:15:53

Art Morte wrote:They're tied now Cool

Who can bet against Klose? The man just has something about him that whether he does anything else or not he will score when you need him to.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat 21 Jun - 23:36:16

Ronaldo's reaction on Twitter

"@ClaroRonaldo: Willkommen im klub #Klose"

Class :bow:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue 8 Jul - 22:58:45

Yes he will Proud
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next