+3
urbaNRoots
Albiceleste
Sushi Master
7 posters

Go down

Please update me Empty Please update me

Post by Sushi Master Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:28 pm

Hi guys, as you know, I've been on a forced football sabbatical, and currently am feeling a little lost. Due to my hate of making opinions without basing them on what I consider facts, I would appreciate it if you guys updated me on to the who's and what's of the Bundesliga. Yes, Bayern are ripping it but this is pretty much the same team as last season, but with great depth and better defense. I still do not know who's in form, who's not, who's GOAT, who's meh, etc.

Same goes for all the other teams. If you wish to extend your thoughts to outside the Bundesliga, I won't say no.

Thanks.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Please update me Empty Re: Please update me

Post by Albiceleste Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:30 pm

welcome back man :bow:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:15 pm

The man in your sig is still Bayern's most influential player.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:20 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:The man in your sig is still Bayern's most influential player.
Hence why he's been in my sig since forever :coffee:
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:41 pm

Welcome back Sushi!

Well, I guess you could say pretty much everybody on and off the Bayern bench is currently in top form. The new guys Dante, Javi Martínez, Mario Mandzukic and Xherdan Shaqiri fit into the team perfectly, too. Current Bayern are indeed a joy to behold, the only bad thing is Stubsi still out injured, although he is in rehab training after his severe cruciate ligament rupture in December 2012.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:14 am

Welcome back Sushi!
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:48 pm

Welcome back Sushi!

Here's your report:

Uli Hoeness, The Great Seducer:
The Great Seducer has managed to sign Guardiola, a feat hitherto unknown in the Bundesliga and seduced Martinez into accepting a pay cut to finance his transfer from Bilbao and getting Adidas to sponsor part of the transfer too. Reported 260M€ in equity of which 138M€ in the Festgeldkonto in September.

Jupp Heynckes:
Has kept the squad in harmony and disclipined. Most of the games this season he has decided to focus on individual defenders qualities instead of relying on an off-side trap and has worked wonders. Has also made Bayern one of the fastest teams at recovering into a defensive formation (a 4-4-2) and pressing very aggressively. Has shown to be a huge impact as most of our goals are scored right after half-time. Has Bayern almost play a 3-4-3 at times with Piggy dropping back and the fullbacks pushing forward. Deserved Die Schale with his variety of successful tactis, with defensive recovery being the emphasis. Don't know if it's because of him but I thought the cameraderie and unity of the squad should be mentioned.

Mattias Sammer:
Has gotten the squad focused and criticized their performances when needed. The signings of Dante, Martinez, Pizarro and Mandzukiç where perfect and with Shaqiri helped build a sickenly deep but mostly satisfied squad. With youth such as Hojberg coming through he has set in motion his plan for the youth set-up overhaul.

Manuel Neuer, RWO's Love:
Doesn't have much to do all, but nearly all of the time keeps his concentration. Would have had a statue erected in Marienplatz had his double dribble and key pass had prevented our only loss of the season. Proved his worth in several games this season when given a chance to shine, like in the championship winning Frankfurt game.

David Alaba, Austrian Wunderkind:
Great going forward, has been shaky defensively but has mostly lived up to Austrian Wunderkind status. Nerves of steel.

Diego Armando Contento:
Proved he could repeat his impressive performance in the Final Which Must Not Be Named in his few appearances but what do when half Nigerian/Pinoy is Austrian Wunderkind?

Holger Badstuber, Prime Aryan:
Has shown how good he is in a subtle way, highest tackles won % of all our defenders. Despite doubts of having two left-footed defenders the few games with Dante were defensive masterclasses.

Dante:
A lot of high elbow calls against him during aerial duels, great anticipation and wins every 50/50. Revelation of the season and has proven to be the perfect partner for each of our defenders, enforcing his first choice status.

Jerome Boateng:
Highly agressive in closing down players but is fast enough to win most balls. Is rather impulsive and rash, conceding needless fouls. Despite obvious defensive talent our "worst" defender.

Daniel van Buyten:
Despite having the same turning radius as the Titanic, has proven to be a classy defender and with his CF experience is a solid goal threat and wins every aerial battle.

Phillip Lahm:
Mistaes in the summer completely forgotten has been proving defensively perfect, excluding one mistake against Leverkusen and a serious threat going forward.

Rafinha: When employed, often finds himself as a right winger, and has proven to be a versatile sub.

Luiz Gustavo:
Defensive beast and relishing the competition with Martinez until his unfortunate injury sidelined him. Pre-injury he had upped his game to become an attacking threat while being as pass secure as always.

Javi Martinez, Arquitecto's man crush:
Have a shot every time his 40 million price tag is mentioned. Despite a slow start has proven his record setting transfer fee right. His style of play differes from Gustavo in that he wins duels early and focuses on defensive cover as well as early pressure and thus finds himself with the ball in attacking positions, combined with his excellent anticipation has made him a potent midfield force. Seems to feel comfortable in Munich with other spanish speakers such as Pizarro, Gomez and most importantly Heynckes. Will be crucial in Guardiola's plans.

Bastian "Piggy" Schweinsteiger:
See Imperious version of 2010.

Frrrrrrraank Ribéry:
As classy as always, has proven to be the key player of the season, which is an impressive feat considering some players performances. Has been involved in the most duels out of any player and is definately enjoying his football. Still a joker Smile

Xherdan Shakira:
Built like a tank he can steamroll his way down the wing or through the middle. A powerful shot and and great vision shows in his good games but lacks the consistency of the other AM's and wingers. Lack of consistency most apparent in the middle as he doesn't have Kroos' tactical nous.

Toni Kroos, Lazy Wunderkind:
Has been admirable in his passing and proven to have the best shooting technique in Germany and his age group. Great at leading the pressing in most games and even makes deadly runs himself. His tactical awareness must be praised, and can be found dropping back to create a 4-3-3 or overloading a wing to increase pressure on the defense.

Arjen Robben, secretly older than Zanetti:
Injured every now and again because of brittleness in his age but has proven to be deadly in most games either wing. Has his Robben moments such as the pathetic performance against Arsenal but also has great games which contribute to the goal tally.

Thomas Müller, Pauli's not so secret crush:
Brilliant, just brilliant. Some amazingly mindblowing goals and assists and just ninja in his ability to find space. One of the most intelligent footballers out there and showing that this season and definitively benching an in-form Robben.

Super Mario Gomez, Everyones Man Crush Matador:
Unfortunately injured but has shown flashes of deadliness in front of goal, our best striker at pressing from the front but Mandzukiç's willingness to drop wide keeps him in Heynckes favour.

Mario Manzukiç, Super Mario #2
His movements deadly combination with Müller and his bullying ability makes him Heynckes first choice striker. Has not proven to be the best finisher unlike Pizarro and Gomez being far more clinical but has always been a nuiscance to multiple defenders such as his display vs. Juventus freeing up other players.

Claudio Pizarro:
Heynckes secret weapon, "We did not have a striker like him in the Champions League final." has proven how deadly he can be in his few appearances and is technically and tactically speaking he is our best sfriker.

Last edited by Phritz on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:28 pm

Phritz :bow:

Much love, man. That's exactly what I was waiting for.

To the rest, thanks for the welcome. I'll try to be as active as possible, but sadly I will go missing every now and then due to work. I'll hopefully be here during Bayern's CL final Proud
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:59 pm

No problems man, most of the info you need is up there Smile
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by arjun.123 Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:45 am

And even though I don't need to tell you this now , you are up against the team whose former manager will be your future manager, and which has the best player in the world. Very Happy
arjun.123
arjun.123
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:59 am

To be the best you have to beat the best :coffee:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by arjun.123 Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:49 am

rwo power wrote:To be the best you have to beat the best :coffee:
What do you mean? Who do you think is the best on the planet, if not Messi?
Neuer?
arjun.123
arjun.123
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:15 am

No. I mean it is FCB vs FCB not Messi against FCB. Last time I checked you still have 11 players vs 11 (barring red cards), and thus you have to beat the best *team* to become the best *team*.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by arjun.123 Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:23 am

rwo power wrote:No. I mean it is FCB vs FCB not Messi against FCB. Last time I checked you still have 11 players vs 11 (barring red cards), and thus you have to beat the best *team* to become the best *team*.
Yes, I also believe in team wins and team titles instead of individual comparisons, but that guy surely fills us with some confidence and boosts our play. You can't argue that.
arjun.123
arjun.123
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:36 am

Well, that means you really have to hope he will stay healthy all the time. I mean, if you allow a team to depend so much on one player as outstanding as he is, that player is easily becoming the Achilles heal of the team.

I mean, if you look at Bayern, they were pretty much carried by Ribéry & Robben two years ago, and last season, Bayern reacted by trying to get players that can catch up if they are out. Same with Bastian Schweinsteiger - his injury last year showed the problem that Bayern needed someone who can stand in for him if necessary and so Javi Martínez was bought so that a little shift around in the midfield still can keep up the quality if Schweinsteiger is missing for a while.

Barcelone have it much more difficult to work around Messi missing in comparison as the team is so used to be having him as the sole focal point in attack. So yeah, if he is there, it is all fine, but as one could see in the matches where he had to rest, Barca can easily get into trouble.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by arjun.123 Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:00 pm

rwo power wrote:Well, that means you really have to hope he will stay healthy all the time. I mean, if you allow a team to depend so much on one player as outstanding as he is, that player is easily becoming the Achilles heal of the team.

I mean, if you look at Bayern, they were pretty much carried by Ribéry & Robben two years ago, and last season, Bayern reacted by trying to get players that can catch up if they are out. Same with Bastian Schweinsteiger - his injury last year showed the problem that Bayern needed someone who can stand in for him if necessary and so Javi Martínez was bought so that a little shift around in the midfield still can keep up the quality if Schweinsteiger is missing for a while.

Barcelone have it much more difficult to work around Messi missing in comparison as the team is so used to be having him as the sole focal point in attack. So yeah, if he is there, it is all fine, but as one could see in the matches where he had to rest, Barca can easily get into trouble.
Yes, without Messi we are indeed very weak. But if we think realistically, there is no reason why Messi wouldn't play. He will probably be resting for our next game, and at the most will come on as a substitute on our game against Levante to give his legs a little warm up.

Now, if he plays against Bayern (which he probably will), I can assure you that your team will be having a really tough time.

Conclusion : If Messi's missing, Bayern is probably the better team.
If he's there, well, we will get to know on 23rd. Smile
arjun.123
arjun.123
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:07 pm

Well, frankly, I wouldn't want Messi to be missing against Bayern and Bayern to go on in such a tie as then people would only say "Bayern are not the best as they would never have beaten Barca with Messi" XD

So let both go at each other with the best line-ups and then we can see how things will work out. May the best team win! (and please no blind refs officiating in the semis - we had enough of them in the quarters and before)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by arjun.123 Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:25 pm

rwo power wrote:Well, frankly, I wouldn't want Messi to be missing against Bayern and Bayern to go on in such a tie as then people would only say "Bayern are not the best as they would never have beaten Barca with Messi" XD

So let both go at each other with the best line-ups and then we can see how things will work out. May the best team win! (and please no blind refs officiating in the semis - we had enough of them in the quarters and before)

Well, I would only say that after the tie you will wish he hadn't played Smile (chest pumps out due to emotions, pride, self-esteem)
arjun.123
arjun.123
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:43 pm

For the sake of the game, I would not want Messi missing, although as a Bayern fan I would not mind.

Mandz is missing unfairly :coffee:

God, I'm imagining van Buyten's turning radius against Messi. It's going to be a Boateng game I imagine.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by arjun.123 Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:52 pm

lol we are screwed.
arjun.123
arjun.123
Prospect