Kick
rwo power
Vibe
Art Morte
futbol
46 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Will he do it? - Update: Yes he did it. - Page 2 Empty Re: Will he do it? - Update: Yes he did it.

Post by guest_07 Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:13 am

McAgger wrote:I hope he doesn't. This is not to hate on Klose, whom I've always held in high regard, but this record should be reserved for someone very special. And Ronaldo is very very special.

stat is for everyone

everyone deserve a good stat, not just for an elite one

people can't just judge how good the player are by stat only, that's only for lazy debater

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Will he do it? - Update: Yes he did it. - Page 2 Empty Re: Will he do it? - Update: Yes he did it.

Post by rwo power Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:16 am

Robespierre wrote:TBH although Klose is a great CF  ( I don't discuss this) , for me it's strange to think he is the Germany top scorer ever and not Gerd Muller, Rummenigge or Klinsmann ...
I guess that's because Miro Klose is a very modest and reserved person who simply isn't in the media a lot. He just goes about his job quietly and gets it done.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:22 am

I personally don't mind if he does. Plus, all the Ronaldo nostalgia hype will be lessened if Klose succeeds in scoring 2.

Seriously, people gotta learn that stats don't say everything about a player.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:23 am

rwo power wrote:
Robespierre wrote:TBH although Klose is a great CF  ( I don't discuss this) , for me it's strange to think he is the Germany top scorer ever and not Gerd Muller, Rummenigge or Klinsmann ...
I guess that's because Miro Klose is a very modest and reserved person who simply isn't in the media a lot. He just goes about his job quietly and gets it done.

mmm no why ? Simply those 3 were highest level than Klose, this I mean , but it isn't  a downsizing for Klose, but at most , it is a tribute to those 3 because  Klose is great !.

Then I don't know how German ppl rank Klose compared to other past German strikers as those mentioned by me
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:34 am

Well, Miro Klose always appears to be under the radar somewhat as there are no scandals and no big headlines about him.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:34 am

I agree that Ronaldo was better than Klose, but I don't agree with the argument that the record should stay with Ronaldo because he was the better player. It's not a completely individual record anyway, you need to have an excellent team around you to be able to compete for this record. So saying that "only the very best players are worthy of this record" doesn't resonate with me, because it isn't really logical.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:14 am

McAgger wrote:I hope he doesn't. This is not to hate on Klose, whom I've always held in high regard, but this record should be reserved for someone very special. And Ronaldo is very very special.

Completely illogical.

Is it not implied that the player who holds the record IS someone very special?

Imagine this...

Spoiler:
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:12 am

You know what they say

'Keep your friends close & your Miroslav Klose'

Think he will do it. Records are there to be broken. Someone in 30 years will break Klose's and so on

Edit: Doc is right, 10 was too less.

Last edited by RealGunner on Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:24 am; edited 1 time in total
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:14 am

Don't really get why this is a big deal. Batistuta has more goals for Argentina than Maradona, yet no one thinks Bati is better than Diego.

I hope he gets to it, records are meant to be broken.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:22 am

Who in ten years would break Klose's record? Closest men currently "close" to Klose are Villa (Cool, Forlan (6), Muller, Podolski, Sneijder and Donavan (5). This record is gonna stand for quite some time.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:50 am

I dont think anyone doesnt want Klose to break it, in fear that people will view him better than Ronaldo. I dont think anyone thinks that at all, its nowhere near close enough to contemplate.

I think (I am speaking for myself only but still I think its the same for most) that "Ronaldo - top scorer in WC history" is quite a nice tag and quite befitting of him and someone like him.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:52 am

The Franchise wrote:
I think (I am speaking for myself only but still I think its the same for most) that "Ronaldo - top scorer in WC history" is quite a nice tag and quite befitting of him and someone like him.

Thumbs up
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:12 am

Actually I liked the tag "Gerd Müller - top scorer of the World Cup" and Ronaldo overtaking him due to an own-goal that was given to him wasn't quite correct either. It can go all ways. :coffee:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:33 am

Im sure you do, but I dont.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:25 am

The Franchise wrote:I dont think anyone doesnt want Klose to break it, in fear that people will view him better than Ronaldo. I dont think anyone thinks that at all, its nowhere near close enough to contemplate.

Exactly. From what I have read, no one is saying Klose doesn't deserve - they would just prefer if Ronaldo held onto the record. I completely agree with the above quote.

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:30 am

Meh, who cares. Ronaldo doesn't need records like these to define his legacy.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:42 am

It's not about the record defining his legacy.

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:56 pm

I hope not. Nothing against Klose but i hope R9 keeps that record forever.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:09 pm

I don't think the record is as important as it looks.

IMO, Gerd Muller is the true WC top scorer. It is more important to score alot in one WC, than 5 in 4 WCs.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:16 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:I don't think the record is as important as it looks.

IMO, Gerd Muller is the true WC top scorer. It is more important to score alot in one WC, than 5 in 4 WCs.

He played like only 5 minutes in 1994.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by arabprince Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:23 pm

Record will be broken eventually. It is bound to happen. I hope Klose does it this year.
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:25 pm

It would be fitting if the goal he scores to surpass R9 is the one that wins Germany the World Cup.

Couldn't begrudge him of that and he does deserve respect for his record as it stands though.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sanchez04 Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:34 pm

Meaning of record: people remind you from time to time. Now we are discussing R9 in june. If he didnt hold the record we would not discuss him

Actually players like Maradona, Pele or R9 doesnt need records to be remembered. But Klose needs it. Its the only thing we will talk about him after 4 years.

But record doesnt make anyone better than other one. Its just reminder. Most of record holders are unknown players who is not even in top 100 list in history book. Klose will be one of them

So him breaking it will not harm anybody

sanchez04
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sanchez04 Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:41 pm

Funny thing is that Maradona doesnt hold a single record yet he is biggest footballer ever. Seems people and fans are so intelligent that they can value important factors even after 30 years

I think most important thing is the video of past player. People judge and value past players after watching them play, nothing else matters. No records no stats nothing

sanchez04
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:02 pm

Isn't Fontaine the record holder for most goals in a WC (13 goals) so Spencer maybe wrong on that one.

Anyway, I have nothing against Klose and do believe records are meant to be broken. And I know I wouldn't lose an ounce of sleep if Klose breaks it. With that being said, for my own personal point of view, I hope he doesn't.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:18 pm

Doc wrote:Isn't Fontaine the record holder for most goals in a WC (13 goals) so Spencer maybe wrong on that one.
Yup. Just Fontaine scored all his goals in one World Cup.
Gerd Müller scored 10 in 1970 and 4 in 1974, the 14th goal the winning goal for Germany over the Netherlands, though.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next