Why is David Luiz so despised by football fans?

+26
sportsczy
Arquitecto
M99
Casciavit
RED
farfan
futbol
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Blue Barrett
SchinnerC
Onyx
Adit
Tomwin Lannister
McLewis
boyzis
rwo power
Rossoneri Ninja
Hapless_Hans
Kick
jibers
Art Morte
VendettaRed07
urbaNRoots
zenmaster
Lord Spencer
Gil
30 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Why is David Luiz so despised by football fans? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why is David Luiz so despised by football fans?

Post by Blue Barrett Fri May 23, 2014 5:09 pm

Unfairly criticized a lot of times, I agree. In fact, I think last season people dished some criticism that should have gone to Cahill his way and I wasn't happy about that. He does deserve quite a bit of criticism though.

Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Why is David Luiz so despised by football fans? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why is David Luiz so despised by football fans?

Post by futbol Fri May 23, 2014 5:09 pm

He is a very mediocre defender. I only "despised" (more like shitting my pants) him when he was linked to my club. Now that this is out of the way I don't care about him.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri May 23, 2014 5:12 pm

lol Pls go to Chelsea forums (for example Shed End). They are partying hard that he's leaving.

As if Mourinho would play a proper defender out of position all season and then happily sell him. If there is one thing the guy definitely knows about it's defenders.

He's the only defender I know who gives me heart attacks even when watching his Youtube highlights.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri May 23, 2014 5:34 pm

D- level defender .
if he wasn't brazilian , luiz would be playing in the tunisian league.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri May 23, 2014 5:35 pm

Maybe it's because he's a c***?

That's my reason for hating him.

He's so overrated too.

So that as well.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri May 23, 2014 5:42 pm

Some of the replies here prove Gil's point. Maybe he's not despised but he's an underrated player on here.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri May 23, 2014 5:46 pm

You know how the GL rating system goes.

You're either crap or world class, and we all know where David Luiz ranks.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri May 23, 2014 7:43 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Some of the replies here prove Gil's point. Maybe he's not despised but he's an underrated player on here.

Bingo.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri May 23, 2014 9:46 pm

Gil is a fantastic poster and man yet can be prone to some sensational hyperbole.

No one despises him.

Yet I'm with full conviction that he one of the most overrated players in football today.

From Luiz fanboys to the fan girls who've developed an irrational infatuation for him due to his off-pitch antics/hair/looks/character to the blind sided observers who rate him higher due to having above average CB skills. Funny thing is that when in midfield his lack of composure and dimensional technique is exposed let alone any tactical navigation. As a CB he is decent WITHIN his means yet forgets defending 101 and does not actually read the game unless in close proximity to his man. Cannot even count how many times his positional errors have caused him to have his fellow CB bail him out or Luiz himself who has mastered the last ditch tackle to add to the illusion of his defence. He does not marshall his defence in cover line nor to even stay within his zone since discipline is not in his defensive lexicon.

Milanisti were pissed at Rui Costa for not keeping his promise and helping Milan in transfers while in Benfica, now we know why not to play the initial fee of €25m considering this fraud has waltzed his way into clubs with so fee.

Hence why Mourinho who knows the difference between centrebacks relegated him to what he is worth.

Added with the fact that he is a dirty cheat of a player who will use the audience and childish antic to have him exempt from scrutiny.

I agree with Gil's premise on the criticism of CBs yet rating Luiz in the current status of his ability is a disgrace to defensive semantic.

Chelsea may mourn his hair and the way it swayed while he aimlessly moved into space yet they will not miss him. Better time spent on Mangala who is a CB first and not just a poor imitation of Mats Hummels.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri May 23, 2014 9:48 pm

Luiz is not someone i rate much in terms of being a top CB. I just don't think he has the brain... BUT, if Silva can make Alex look like a very good CB, then i think Luiz is going to look very, very good with Silva as his partner. We'll get a very good look in the WC and they were excellent in the confed cup last summer as a pairing.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by 1991 Sat May 24, 2014 2:34 pm

Is English a second language? No one despises him, he's pretty likeable in an amusing kind of way, something like the more talented Eboue.
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat May 24, 2014 2:40 pm

Do not despise him, he is just massively overrated by those who rate him.

Oh and how Mou must be laughing his a$$ off atm. Could imagine the look of a bit of surprise and that smile on his face when first saw PSG's offer.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Sat May 24, 2014 10:47 pm

David Luiz is awesome. Sure he lacks mentality but he makes up for it IMO. I've seen my fair share of fans who don't rate David Luiz highly for some reason.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Sun May 25, 2014 1:50 am

I can't say I've seen any hate for him. He's been unfairly criticised and struggled to shake off the slur Gary Neville made about him.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SchinnerC Sun May 25, 2014 3:38 am

Please, not every hater read into pundits' comments or opinions. Some actually judges players differently from others.
SchinnerC
SchinnerC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2