Why is David Luiz so despised by football fans?

+26
sportsczy
Arquitecto
M99
Casciavit
RED
farfan
futbol
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Blue Barrett
SchinnerC
Onyx
Adit
Tomwin Lannister
McLewis
boyzis
rwo power
Rossoneri Ninja
Hapless_Hans
Kick
jibers
Art Morte
VendettaRed07
urbaNRoots
zenmaster
Lord Spencer
Gil
30 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Why is David Luiz so despised by football fans? Empty Why is David Luiz so despised by football fans?

Post by Gil Fri May 23, 2014 5:43 am

This is a serious question. Rival clubs, his peers, teammates and managers all rate him incredibly highly but it's the complete opposite for the common football fan. I think we've already established defenders are over-scrutinized in this era but Luiz even more so.

Is it the hair?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Why is David Luiz so despised by football fans? Empty Re: Why is David Luiz so despised by football fans?

Post by Lord Spencer Fri May 23, 2014 7:32 am

I don't think he is despised by anyone.

Another one of you exaggerations Gil.

Seriously, I don't think you understand the meaning of "despise".
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Why is David Luiz so despised by football fans? Empty Re: Why is David Luiz so despised by football fans?

Post by zenmaster Fri May 23, 2014 7:39 am

I like him a lot and do consider him a quality player.

Why ?

Good basic defensive skill. Controlled aggression. Neat tackling. Above average dribbler. Attacking mind set and always have eye for a goal. A descent free kicks! Good vision.
zenmaster
zenmaster
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri May 23, 2014 7:45 am

I don't know about others but I rate him very highly. Some football fans despise him because he is a dirty player.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri May 23, 2014 7:55 am

Is he really hated ?... I dunno, I never really hear people go on about how much they hate him or whatever

Some people think he is a goof, and other teams fans probably don't really want him all that much because  makes a lot of silly errors..but I think that's about it
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri May 23, 2014 8:01 am

I rate him highly, but he does have a tendency to make some ill-judged decisions from time to time.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri May 23, 2014 8:19 am

Another daft Gil thread. Who despises him? Few people talk about him let alone despise.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri May 23, 2014 8:49 am

I think people just know he is a flawed player.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri May 23, 2014 8:50 am

Gil wrote:This is a serious question. Rival clubs, his peers, teammates and managers all rate him incredibly highly but it's the complete opposite for the common football fan. I think we've already established defenders are over-scrutinized in this era but Luiz even more so.

Is it the hair?

For me it is the hair. Because it's the kind of hair all women have a soft spot for, and I'm very jealous and envious. Add to that the fact this goddamn hair managed to win a CL trophy in München like the virgin gets a child, and you have why I despise him.

*bleep* Sideshow Bob.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Fri May 23, 2014 9:12 am

Kick wrote:I think people just know he is a flawed player.

Pretty much this, I was expecting allot from him personally. I saw a bit of Maldini in him, with regards to his physique and ability to play anywhere in the defensive line. But as the season's wore on he just didn't get any better, kept on making high profile mistakes, recklessly going forward at each opportunity and his transition into a purely bullying style of defending. He is a good player no doubt and i think he's good enough to play for any team but that mostly due to the fact that the most top defenders nowadays are at the same lvl, besides Thiago Silva ofc
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri May 23, 2014 9:45 am

I am not fond of David Luiz as he shot down Basel last EL when he should have been sent off before he could score the winner in the first leg (as he made a horror tackle on David Degen that went unpunished), plus if he had gotten his just red card, he'd have been suspended for the second leg, where he was instrumental for Chelsea's win, too. And yes, I do bear a grudge because his FK goal made Yann Sommer look a bit bad. :coffee:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Fri May 23, 2014 12:34 pm

He is a noob always reckless

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri May 23, 2014 1:53 pm

Doesn't help Luiz that he rarely has clearly defined roles. Was he not a RB when he was coming up with Benfica?...Then he got turned into a CB at Chelsea and then a DM.

It's good that he's versatile, but he's not a world beater in any of those roles and that counts against him unfortunately.

He's a great player no doubt....just not an excellent one.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Fri May 23, 2014 2:39 pm

But but but 40 million is ridiculous.

Luiz just doesn't deserve 40 million.

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri May 23, 2014 2:42 pm

I only hate the *bleep* on FIFA becasue the pos is *bleep* unbelievably hard to get past

I don't mind him in real life tbh, apart from the hair
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri May 23, 2014 2:45 pm

Keep in mind I was slightly drunk when I posted this thread lads. I was browsing Redcafe and saw their Luiz thread. Look at the majority of the posts on there and tell me he isn't overly hated.

Then I Twitter searched his name for more potential info on this supposed deal and the opinions of him are even worse.

Despised is a bit strong I guess but the hate he gets is somewhere around there.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri May 23, 2014 2:50 pm

''rated incredibly highly by managers '' Laughing

He is mascherano of CBs. Mou is shipping him out with out any worries..he can be good in one or two matches but when it comes to reliability for a whole season? hell no.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri May 23, 2014 2:52 pm

McLewis wrote:Doesn't help Luiz that he rarely has clearly defined roles. Was he not a RB when he was coming up with Benfica?...Then he got turned into a CB at Chelsea and then a DM.

It's good that he's versatile, but he's not a world beater in any of those roles and that counts against him unfortunately.

He's a great player no doubt....just not an excellent one.

He has always been a CB, Benfica played him at LB at times though.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 23, 2014 2:56 pm

To be fair though I have not been impressed with neither the progression of David Luiz, nor Ramires, at Chelsea.

Two great talents coming in at 24 should have progressed more than they did. Especially disappointing is ramires, who should have been player of the year first time Mata won it. An absoloute beast of a midfielder played on the wings and pushed back like they dont know what to do with him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri May 23, 2014 3:15 pm

Don't think anyone despises him, they just criticise him because he supposedly isn't disciplined defensively.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by SchinnerC Fri May 23, 2014 3:16 pm

Technically very sound player but isn't backed up by the same level of intelligence and concentration. Also, doesn't have great body balance which is partly why he looks rushed/clumsy. These traits prevents him from reaching the level people think he can reach imo
SchinnerC
SchinnerC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri May 23, 2014 3:59 pm

SchinnerC wrote:Also, doesn't have great body balance which is partly why he looks rushed/clumsy.

Lol wtf. He is in no way a clumsy player.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri May 23, 2014 4:51 pm

Gil wrote:Keep in mind I was slightly drunk when I posted this thread lads. I was browsing Redcafe and saw their Luiz thread. Look at the majority of the posts on there and tell me he isn't overly hated.

Then I Twitter searched his name for more potential info on this supposed deal and the opinions of him are even worse.

Despised is a bit strong I guess but the hate he gets is somewhere around there.
You're mistaking general Chelsea hate for Luiz hate. No one actually "despises" Luiz, come on mate. That's such a strong word to use. He can be reckless at times but its not nearly as much being "despised" as it is being seen as reckless. Which is true.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 23, 2014 5:04 pm

Despised no, unfairly criticized maybe.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri May 23, 2014 5:09 pm

Unfairly criticized a lot of times, I agree. In fact, I think last season people dished some criticism that should have gone to Cahill his way and I wasn't happy about that. He does deserve quite a bit of criticism though.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next