So are Barca still past it and the worst Barca in a decade then?

+47
eelir
Lord Spencer
zenmaster
Art Morte
Donuts
BAYERN_MUNICH
sanchez04
Pedram
EarlyPrototype
Gil
boyzis
Brady2Moss
El Gunner
M99
BarrileteCosmico
Swanhends
CBarca
The Franchise
Blue Barrett
BarcaLearning
McLewis
harhar11
Kick
Lupi
Khaled
McAgger
LeSwagg James
•MilanDevil•
Beautiful Football
zigra
LeBéninois
Jack Daniels
futbol
Hapless_Hans
urbaNRoots
sportsczy
The_Badger
Ganso
Arquitecto
Winter is Coming
izzy
RED
guest7
jibers
Onyx
Lex
Great Leader Sprucenuce
51 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

So are Barca still past it and the worst Barca in a decade then? - Page 2 Empty Re: So are Barca still past it and the worst Barca in a decade then?

Post by Arquitecto Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:37 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I watch the big games Izzy i have made that pretty clear....

I didn't watch tonight though but i plan to do so later in the week.

Fact is people fall for the Madrid hype every season when they rape smaller teams and when it matters where are they? at the bottom of a loss.

Then people kneejerk the f*ck out of any loss against a small team Barca may accrue..... saying they won't even get to the CL semis they are the worst Barca in a decade.

Basically their demise is very much overstated and Madrid's so called best team since they won the CL is also very overstated.

I said i was going to judge both teams when they play a big team.... and here i am judging.

You cannot judge Real Madrid by this game in any form considering the game was decided by many external factors and outliers to which do not reflect on their tactics nor their propensity to perform. The game therefore remains an anomaly given how Classico, typically of Classico was decided in such fashion.

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

So are Barca still past it and the worst Barca in a decade then? - Page 2 Empty Re: So are Barca still past it and the worst Barca in a decade then?

Post by LeBéninois Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:13 am

Despite being happy with the win , Rm was pretty good imo .
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:16 am

Umad croni?  banana messiiii  cheers 
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:29 am

I agree Real Madrid was good. Barca really didn't dominant. If we had better defense, We would have won easily.One thing is certain Madrid have better defense. Di Maria was really good in midfield. Madrid made best decision to keep di maria.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:15 am

All what barca needs are defenders and depth players.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:21 am

We had this game won and were clearly outplaying Barca... Then Ramos decided to fuxk us over
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:23 am

This thread is stupid. Barca are still in the same shithole they were prior to this. Gonna get exposed in CL by a decent team.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:32 am

McAgger wrote:This thread is stupid. Barca are still in the same shithole they were prior to this. Gonna get exposed in CL by a decent team.

Same for Real Madrid in the CL.Another red card waiting for ramos.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:42 am

sportsczy wrote:Yeah... Barca can still induce a fictional red card by diving in the zone without any contact.  They secured that future by signing Neymar as the head biatch of the future.

The day Barca win without cheating is the day hell freezes over.

Same ole same ole... you're right.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

The day RM lose without their fans crying like babes is the day hell freezes over.
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:45 am

see thats what i mean , sorry kick .

Last edited by Lupi on Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:46 am

Khaled wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Yeah... Barca can still induce a fictional red card by diving in the zone without any contact.  They secured that future by signing Neymar as the head biatch of the future.

Laughing LaughingLaughing

The day RM lose without their fans crying like babes is the day hell freezes over.

Lupi wrote:are you complaining , i mean seriously?

This forum is based toward Barcelona , its Barcelona Legacy TBF  

Enough of this, stay on topic or I will start removing posts.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:24 pm

Neymar was clipped...

http://gfycat.com/BarrenUnlinedBooby

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:40 pm

I'm no frequent watcher of La Liga by any stretch so I won't talk about either team's form, just the game itself.

Both sides were very, very even attacking-wise and equally very poor defensively (Madrid with their poor tackles around the box, Barca with their overall lack of tactical astuteness). The game really could've gone either way honestly. One of the most evenly-contested clasicos I can remember seeing.

That said, Barca are not as good as they once were. I think this game confirms it. Pep's team would never had shipped 3 goals like that and they were just as paper thin as this team appears to be so I don't think it's all about depth and personnel. Barca have been known for years to be defensively sound via their dominance in midfield. I didn't see that yesterday. While they are definitely not "past it" or in decline, they are definitely not what they once were. I think we all can agree on that.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:56 pm

I think everyone, including mole, agrees that Barca are not as good as they were under Pep. But even though it has been a very succesfull decade for Barca, it's wrong to say that it's the worst Barca in a decade. For example, for me last years Barca were worse and the Barca during the end of Rijkaard era..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:01 pm

Ive always said a lot of ppl here overreact and are too critical, even Barca fans ourselves after a bad loss. I think part of it is we are too used to seeing our team rape everybody in the Pep years and for some reason we expect that to continue forever. Its been 4-5 years of that and this is STILL the case in most cases. We have gotten into the CL semi for how many years straight I forgot. We;ve  been very good consistently despite teams figuring us out, and we've had so many great performances and results, ppl tend to oversee just how difficult it is. Some just think becos we have Messi and Iniesta and Xavi etc., we should win everything, but we should all know thats not realistic.

Bottom line is we are still a great team, our core players still there, manager changed and some strats changed, but we are still at a very high level. Im very happy with that, and I wont be always thinking "oh but we are not as good as when we had Pep", it is just not realistic mentality.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:07 pm

Is this thread serious? Are you serious, Mole? No one has said they're the worst Barca team in a decade. All anyone's been saying is that they're the worst Barca team in 6 years a.k.a since Pep's first team....and that is a FACT. I'm struggling to see why yesterday's match changed anything about that. They may win the title this season and that would STILL be a fact.

Saying they aren't as good as those other Barca teams is more about how ridiculously good they were in those years and how extremely hard to beat they were. These days they can be well beaten, even though they're still a world class team.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:43 am

I dont think its a fact. I think this team is probably better than last year's.

Especially after Tito's cancer.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:49 am

The worst Barcelona team since Pep took over was last season. That was worse than anything under he Rijkaard era. Anyone that says Barcelona doesn't need a coach after that needs to just stop watching football.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:50 am

Blue Barrett wrote:Is this thread serious? Are you serious, Mole? No one has said they're the worst Barca team in a decade. All anyone's been saying is that they're the worst Barca team in 6 years a.k.a since Pep's first team....and that is a FACT. I'm struggling to see why yesterday's match changed anything about that. They may win the title this season and that would STILL be a fact.

Saying they aren't as good as those other Barca teams is more about how ridiculously good they were in those years and how extremely hard to beat they were. These days they can be well beaten, even though they're still a world class team.

Except they have lol.... you yourself said you wouldn't be surprised if they don't get to CL semis and your not the only one....

People have been saying all season that Madrid are much better and one of CL favourites despite proving the total sum of f*ck all against top opposition and Barca have been nowhere in the conversion CL wise despite being the exact opposite.

If people had been saying worse than Pep i'd agree, but it hasn't been like that people have been taking it further even to the point its worse than Rijkaard final years..... even your own Mourinho Laughing

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:50 am

The Franchise wrote:I dont think its a fact. I think this team is probably better than last year's.

Especially after Tito's cancer.

Last year form was more an anomaly than anything.

The team's flaws are still there but nonetheless FCB is still one of the best team in the world.

Messi+Iniesta in form win you game despite bad defense.

All la liga games are final right now. CL might be too much
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:10 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:Is this thread serious? Are you serious, Mole? No one has said they're the worst Barca team in a decade. All anyone's been saying is that they're the worst Barca team in 6 years a.k.a since Pep's first team....and that is a FACT. I'm struggling to see why yesterday's match changed anything about that. They may win the title this season and that would STILL be a fact.

Except they have lol.... you yourself said you wouldn't be surprised if they don't get to CL semis and your not the only one....

People have been saying all season that Madrid are much better and one of CL favourites despite proving the total sum of f*ck all against top opposition and Barca have been nowhere in the conversion CL wise despite being the exact opposite.

If people had been saying worse than Pep i'd agree, but it hasn't been like that people have been taking it further even to the point its worse than Rijkaard final years..... even your own Mourinho Laughing

Well tbf they destroyed Schalke.

Which on GL means they are CL favorites. Best Madrid team since Madrid was founded imo. Gonna win the treble, and probably win it consistently for years. Going to do the double over Barca this---well maybe not that one BUT BEST MADRID EVER

And last years Barca was definitely worse than this one.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:28 am

This was the first La Liga game I watched all season, I thought it was pretty even........

..............except for the fact that madrid were playing sergio *bleep* ramos and pepe whatever the *bleep* his last name is. How on earth do you expect to compete with the best in the world with those two neanderthals making up the spine of your team? With the amount of self control the two of them display I'm shocked their combined IQ is above drooling
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:38 am

McAgger wrote:This thread is stupid. Barca are still in the same shithole they were prior to this. Gonna get exposed in CL by a decent team.
Atleti not a decent team? City not a decent team?  RM not a decent team?

I agree that we could go out in the CL easier than in the Pep years but that doesn't make us shit either.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:44 pm

So are Barca still past it and the worst Barca in a decade then?

Yes.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:50 pm

So are Barca still past it and the worst Barca in a decade then? - Page 2 37329810
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:52 pm

This Barca team is easily better than Vilanova/Roura era. So no.

And to quote BC: We could go out in the CL easier than in the Pep years but that doesn't make us shit either.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next