So are Barca still past it and the worst Barca in a decade then?

+47
eelir
Lord Spencer
zenmaster
Art Morte
Donuts
BAYERN_MUNICH
sanchez04
Pedram
EarlyPrototype
Gil
boyzis
Brady2Moss
El Gunner
M99
BarrileteCosmico
Swanhends
CBarca
The Franchise
Blue Barrett
BarcaLearning
McLewis
harhar11
Kick
Lupi
Khaled
McAgger
LeSwagg James
•MilanDevil•
Beautiful Football
zigra
LeBéninois
Jack Daniels
futbol
Hapless_Hans
urbaNRoots
sportsczy
The_Badger
Ganso
Arquitecto
Winter is Coming
izzy
RED
guest7
jibers
Onyx
Lex
Great Leader Sprucenuce
51 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

So are Barca still past it and the worst Barca in a decade then? - Page 5 Empty Re: So are Barca still past it and the worst Barca in a decade then?

Post by LeSwagg James Sun May 18, 2014 3:16 pm

harhar11 wrote:
sportsczy wrote:It's true...  you won't see any Madrid fan brag or get excited about anything other than La Liga or CL.  The other trophies are nice; but they're only consolation prizes.  We're not into that.

Really? Cause whenever I talk to a spanish madridista, they always brag about the 2 cup that they have won..

Probably because we beat you guys in both finals Laughing

LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

So are Barca still past it and the worst Barca in a decade then? - Page 5 Empty Re: So are Barca still past it and the worst Barca in a decade then?

Post by chad4401 Mon May 19, 2014 2:19 am

if it can be used against madrid its relevant gl logic Laughing, Europa are suddenly important as a cl or league shocker why even bother rofl
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon May 19, 2014 2:24 am

chad4401 wrote:if it can be used against madrid its relevant gl logic Laughing, Europa are suddenly important as a cl or league shocker why even bother rofl

Who said that EL is as important as the CL? The point was that Atletico have the same amount of "important" trophies as Madrid (1 La Liga, 0 CL) and more "unimportant" trophies since Perez' 2nd stint. Ergo they have been more successful in the past 5 years.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon May 19, 2014 3:50 am

sportsczy wrote:It's true...  you won't see any Madrid fan brag or get excited about anything other than La Liga or CL.  The other trophies are nice; but they're only consolation prizes.  We're not into that.

LOL, this is so wrong. When Mourinho was coaching Madrid you would have thought winning the Copa Del Rey was like winning the World Cup.

We heard time and again how this season or that season wasn't a failure because he won the Copa Del Rey and got knocked out in the semi's of the CL.

I even admitted it wasn't fans like Nick or some others on here, but there was a lot of praise for winning those trophies "you wont see any Madrid fan brag or get excited about".

Watch these same fans crucify Ancelotti if they don't win the CL for getting further in the competition and winning the Copa just like Mourinho. It's going to be hilarious.

Wow, it always surprises me how conveniently quick people forget things around here. If it wasn't for the Copa Del Rey or the Super Cup Mourinho would have been a complete disaster in charge at Madrid which a lot of us Barca fans have contended with a ton of denials from Moudrid fans.

Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon May 19, 2014 4:21 am

Another cringeworthy post
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Mon May 19, 2014 5:27 am

Fußball wrote:
chad4401 wrote:if it can be used against madrid its relevant gl logic Laughing, Europa are suddenly important as a cl or league shocker why even bother rofl

Who said that EL is as important as the CL? The point was that Atletico have the same amount of "important" trophies as Madrid (1 La Liga, 0 CL) and more "unimportant" trophies since Perez' 2nd stint. Ergo they have been more successful in the past 5 years.

THIS!!!
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by zenmaster Mon May 19, 2014 9:00 am

Dnmac4 wrote:

LOL, this is so wrong.  When Mourinho was coaching Madrid you would have thought winning the Copa Del Rey was like winning the World Cup.

Yeah. That was indeed no less then World Cup. Beating the Barcelona's one of the finest Era team which is GOAT (?). So yes that indeed deserve some applause there No matter what tactics Mou had at that time.
zenmaster
zenmaster
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon May 19, 2014 11:39 am

LeSwagg James wrote:
eelir wrote:
LeSwagg James wrote:Those trophy tallies are irrelevant.. While we were competing in the CL, they were competing in the Europmeh League..

So are Barca still past it and the worst Barca in a decade then? - Page 5 Eb6

The Europa League is a second rate competition, winning it means you're like the 20th best team in Europe Laughing.. I don't even watch that shit competition, but I'm sure we could of won more than 2 since 2009

The Copa del Rey is a Mickey Mouse cup, I take no pride in winning it.. I was only happy because we beat Barca in both finals, I couldn't care less about the actual trophy

No one likes a snob, lad.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon May 19, 2014 11:51 am

LeSwagg James wrote:
harhar11 wrote:

Really? Cause whenever I talk to a spanish madridista, they always brag about the 2 cup that they have won..

Probably because we beat you guys in both finals Laughing

Worse Barcelona team in 6 years schooled you twice...

*looks at league table* Barcelona came second

*Looks again* Madrid came 3rd.

If you guys don't win La Decima that is 4 out of 5 failed seasons.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon May 19, 2014 1:31 pm

McLewis wrote:
LeSwagg James wrote:
eelir wrote:

So are Barca still past it and the worst Barca in a decade then? - Page 5 Eb6

The Europa League is a second rate competition, winning it means you're like the 20th best team in Europe Laughing.. I don't even watch that shit competition, but I'm sure we could of won more than 2 since 2009

The Copa del Rey is a Mickey Mouse cup, I take no pride in winning it.. I was only happy because we beat Barca in both finals, I couldn't care less about the actual trophy

No one likes a snob, lad.

How am I being a snob? I'm just being real.. To win the Europa league you either weren't good enough for the CL or you couldn't even make it out the group stages.. If that doesn't prove it shouldn't be taken seriously then I don't know what does..

It's a competition for small and mid-level clubs, that's it.. It should never be used to show how successful a big club is, ever
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue May 20, 2014 8:34 pm

Please be advised, not all RM fans think that the CDR or Europa is for small and mid level clubs. Talking about me personally. Both trophies are competitions teams have to work and compete hard for to win and I'm quite pleased the club won the CDR.

Also, 1 trophy is more than zero trophies if my Maths is correct.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue May 20, 2014 8:55 pm

The Europa League is a great competition.

One should also keep in mind that very, very few clubs, if any, can remain at the very top of European competition year after year after year. There are cycles in football. And it is snobbish if you don't accept any other success but the most glorious kind. We, Liverpool, have been an Europa League -quality team for a few seasons before this one and I would have been over the moon to have won that trophy then. Now when we're in a better moment again, I'm looking forward to playing in the CL. That's how it should go.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 20, 2014 8:59 pm

I understand that and i agree with OM for example.  But if you're spending like Madrid, Barca, Bayern, etc., you can't get excited or be satisfied with a cup or Europa.  That's my only point.  

And if my OM win Europa one day, i would be happy as hell...  but i'd also understand that we are in no way comparable to any of the teams that made it to the quarterfinals of CL and beyond.  We just did very well for who we are.

Expectations drive things here.  I have far different expectations with OM than i do Madrid.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5