windkick
free_cat
bazinga
futbol
Winter is Coming
35 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Marc-André ter Stegen: The Young German - Page 8 Empty Re: Marc-André ter Stegen: The Young German

Post by À bout de souffle Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:42 pm

futbol wrote:I wonder who the club will buy to replace him in a few years. No chance for him to succeed here I'm afraid. If Bravo starts again every week as it looks it is the case I don't see how ter Stegen is going to develop just by training and playing once every few weeks in a Cup game.

If Lucho's still around, it will be some 30+y.o La liga keeper. Laughing

I always knew this would happen the moment Lucho went ahead and bought the similar priced Bravo, when MAtS was already signed.. Even in training videos, he's always having a nice chit-chat with the chilean, when it's been rumoured that he gives cold vibes to his players. He obviously sees Bravo as his man.
Lucho doesn't rate MAtS, as simple as that, and has shown to be less tolerant towards his mistakes. And by now, it's clear that he's more interested in upgrading his CV, than to actually care about Barca's future.

Anyway,
The following is what the bullshitter Balague had to say about MAtS' situation after the San Mamés affair...

"It may have been the plan to play ter Stegen in the league. But now Bravo looks set to play in the league but with some rotation."

The latest rumours on MAtS seems to be that the dressing room has alienated him (having lost trust in him and upset with his haughty attitude), whilst also offering total backing for Bravo. His absence at Pedro's farewell ceremony apparently further reinforces the rupture. :p And that he's to ask for a transfer in Jan if his situation remains unchanged by then, and I'll be surprised if it does.

À bout de souffle
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Marc-André ter Stegen: The Young German - Page 8 Empty Re: Marc-André ter Stegen: The Young German

Post by Myesyats Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:48 pm

À bout de souffle wrote:Lucho doesn't rate MAtS, as simple as that, and has shown to be less tolerant towards his mistakes.

How?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by À bout de souffle Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:59 pm

By dropping him after the San Mamés fiasco. It was a collective failure from Lucho's side to individual failings, but the catalan press, and most Barca fans have singled MAtS out and gone on to pin the blame on him.
It's in moments like these that a youngster needs the coach to stand by him, but Lucho passed a motion of no confidence by not allowing the kid the chance to redeem himself, whilst depriving him of the very opportunity (LL) that he's been striving for all of last season.
À bout de souffle
À bout de souffle
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:00 pm

À bout de souffle wrote:
futbol wrote:I wonder who the club will buy to replace him in a few years. No chance for him to succeed here I'm afraid. If Bravo starts again every week as it looks it is the case I don't see how ter Stegen is going to develop just by training and playing once every few weeks in a Cup game.

If Lucho's still around, it will be some 30+y.o La liga keeper. Laughing

I always knew this would happen the moment Lucho went ahead and bought the similar priced Bravo, when MAtS was already signed..

I know. I remember you were adamant that Bravo would be the #1 last summer while everyone else was expecting Bravo to be Pinto's successor and facepalming about the sum for a "backup keeper".

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:04 pm

À bout de souffle wrote:By dropping him after the San Mamés fiasco. It was a collective failure from Lucho's side to individual failings, but the catalan press, and most Barca fans have singled MAtS out and gone on to pin the blame on him.
It's in moments like these that a youngster needs the coach to stand by him, but Lucho passed a motion of no confidence by not allowing the kid the chance to redeem himself, whilst depriving him of the very opportunity (LL) that he's been striving for all of last season.

He didn't drop Stegen because he let in 4 goals past him.

It was agreed upon that they would play one game each because Bravo won Liga and ter Stegen the CdR.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by À bout de souffle Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:16 pm

Yeh, very believable. Then why not start him in the league?
À bout de souffle
À bout de souffle
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:24 pm

Because he wanted to keep the rotation same as last season?

MAtS will still play in CL and will again start in the final if it happens.

Lucho hasn't shown to be less tolerant towards the youngster's mistakes at all. Stegen conceded 4 goals against Sevilla yet he  still started at the San Mames.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:27 pm

Those 4 goals weren't MAtS's mistakes in any way, shape or form though.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:31 pm

And at the San Mames it was only one mistake. He comitted those last season too and it didn't affect his number of appearances.

IMO keeper rotation should stay the same as last season, at least for now.

And... that's all I have to say.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by À bout de souffle Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:39 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Those 4 goals weren't MAtS's mistakes in any way, shape or form though.

Exactly. But when he did commit an error, he went straight to the bench.

In all likelihood, Lucho will keep the same rotation till he remains the coach, ruining one player's potential. But then he's shown to have no long term vision or planning.
I bet if Barca gets knocked out of the CL, MAtS would be the easy scapegoat for all Barca fans. Further killing his confidence and most likely his top flight career.
À bout de souffle
À bout de souffle
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:07 am

Buffon dismantled Bucci - a NT keeper when he's 17 years old, Casillas succeeded Bodo when he's 19 and they didn't have any experience before hand. Not to say Mats is not in their class but I'm sure if he shown enough class/ mentality during training, the coach would pick him. It's really simple because GK is the only position that doesn't need rotation so either he didn't show enough yet or Bravo is simply better atm.

As outsider from all the games I've watched, Mats hasn't convinced me that he's commanding guy who could lead/ stabilize the defense, he seems quiet with great abilities. Bravo on the other hand, has shown it to the level of arrogance. Maybe it's not natural in him, not everyone has it, in that case he needs a loan to develop it.

Playing for Barcelona is cutthroat, it's all about winning now and one or two blunders and it's out not just for any player but also for Enrique. In that sense, the coaching staffs have to pick the best option every time. I haven't seen anything that's deserved a drop out from Bravo yet.

As for Mats, he has to fight for it, there is no two way about it. Casillas got benched countless times in his career and fought back every time ( until he clearly past his prime anyways) Buffon was benched by Storari before.

Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:47 pm

Talk about luck.

Gets a chance to displace Bravo and bottles it again

Bravo was abit more lucky as he was also close to conceding in similar manner but the shot only hit the bar. Can't remember which game was it though
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:53 pm

La Chinoise, pls respond
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:31 am

Very unlucky. He needs to have a blinder to turn the tide. A game where we are on the ropes and he wins us the game with save after save. That will get the players and the fans behind him. The Clasico seems like the perfect opportunity(if Bravo isnt back by then).

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:14 pm

Every goal he lets in is some wonder strike Laughing

I dunno what he must be thinking.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:35 pm

He probably thinks that strikers obviously do have to come up with some extraordinary effort to get past him. Very Happy
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:41 pm

I doubt that Laughing

Because often he has nothing to do and next thing you know, he ball just sailed in some un-savable part of the goa.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:15 pm

Well, such a situation is awful for a goalie. He can go for a walk for most of the game, but if a ball goes on target it is a goal. And worse, mostly this means that the media make him out as the culprit, no matter whether it is correct or not!
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:10 pm

I don't understand why he's a culprit for anything. I think Ter Stegen has done a good job since coming to Barca and I'm happy with him. It seems like I'm one of the few, even among non-Barca fans. I don't understand where the hate is coming from...

And I still don't see what exactly it is Bravo is so much better at than MaTS. I rate them right about the same atm. Which is why I like Bravo but wouldn't care the least bit to see him leave.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:21 pm

Hate is a strong word. It's just that people have mixed feelings because for majority of football fans a player is as good as his last game.

I don't think he made one mistake last season in the CL. Had a shaky start to this season but let's say it was just a one off. I expect him to vastly improve later in the season.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:34 pm

linetty wrote:Hate is a strong word. It's just that people have mixed feelings because for majority of football fans a player is as good as his last game.

I don't think he made one mistake last season in the CL. Had a shaky start to this season but let's say it was just a one off. I expect him to vastly improve later in the season.
had very ordinary final to put in soft words. Made couple very poor decisions that could have led to goals luckily juve didn't make it count

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Deja Vu Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:06 pm

Conceded 15 goals in six games. That's 2.5 goals per game.

What talent and what potential do some see in this guy?
Deja Vu
Deja Vu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:37 am

Deja Vu wrote:Conceded 15 goals in six games. That's 2.5 goals per game.

What talent and what potential do some see in this guy?
Not sure how the number of goals conceded is supposed to be down to his talent and not some ridiculously bad defensive teamwork.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:50 pm

Point being though bad defensive teamwork is daily stuff for Barca and even then we are not used to conceding this much.

I'm starting to have doubts about this guy.

When's Bravo back??
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:05 pm

linetty wrote:Point being though bad defensive teamwork is daily stuff for Barca and even then we are not used to conceding this much.

I'm starting to have doubts about this guy.

When's Bravo back??
I still fail to understand how conceding those 4 has anything to do with Ter Stegen. Your defending was shocking.
First goal was a dream goal from Nolito who had all the time in the world to take aim, next two were forward running alone at ter Stegen from a distance, 4th was like the second a *bleep* up by Pique.

Why are you posting in this thread, and not in the Pique thread?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:40 pm

Dont think it is as simple as you say. First goal,should he have been a bit further back.I dont know.Maybe had he been a bit further back,he could have touched it over. To me,it seemed he was a bit off his line than he should have been.
Then there were a couple of occasions on the counter(especially when they stole the ball from us on corners and punted it), when he should have been sweeping up high and he wasnt.
The 2nd and 3rd goal he let in,good finishes. But a Barca keeper should be immense in one on ones.So far,he hasnt been great one on one.
Lastly shot stopping.He doesnt seem an elite shot stopper to me like a De Gea or a Courtouis. Cant recall a single elite save he has made. An elite shot stopper maybe saves that 4th goal.
Add in his circumspect decision making on corners and I am having a few doubts.
Obviously I am in favor of giving him time. Mistakes will happen but the problem is that I am not seeing the potential besides his passing(which is the best for a GK I have ever seen).

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next