windkick
free_cat
bazinga
futbol
Winter is Coming
35 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Marc-André ter Stegen: The Young German - Page 7 Empty Re: Marc-André ter Stegen: The Young German

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 13, 2015 10:07 pm

Disagree tbh, he did well to get anywhere near it.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Marc-André ter Stegen: The Young German - Page 7 Empty Re: Marc-André ter Stegen: The Young German

Post by neuro11 Thu May 14, 2015 12:38 am

thats the first thing came to my mind as well...i thought he did not do enough of his standard for the first goal. but if you consider who is at fault for that goal..thats the players in the box. we had 9 players in our box and still there was a free header.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicious Culé Fri May 15, 2015 12:48 am

BEAST
Vicious Culé
Vicious Culé
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri May 15, 2015 1:47 am

Looking at the goal again, I agree with Free. Its not a mistake at all, but he could have saved it...the important part being HE.

Other goalies no, but MATS is capable of saving that but I think he was caught off guard by the power of the header.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by À bout de souffle Fri May 15, 2015 5:02 am

Seeing how die mannschaft's big boys (Bastian, Neuer, Boateng) dashed in to 've a chat with him after the match, suggests he's earned himself a place amongst them. Cool

Still don't like how he's been managed. Given his shitty luck, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets injured by Lord Doug in training, and Lucho's man takes away all the glory once again. However this season ends, I suspect Lucho will keep the keeper's status quo for the next season, and thus stall the german's development in the process.

Last edited by À bout de souffle on Fri May 15, 2015 5:10 am; edited 1 time in total
À bout de souffle
À bout de souffle
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri May 15, 2015 5:07 am

Agree. I would expect more mistakes from him given his inconsistent game time, im glad he has kept concentration and hasnt made a fuss. He could have.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri May 15, 2015 6:16 pm

I assume Lucho will do the right thing and start MATS next season... it's only logical. I guess he told Bravo he was coming as a starter to easein Ter Stegen, and he wanted to honour his word.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:56 am

How cool is this? Moves from Mönchengladbach to Barcelona and plays in the CL final in his first year.

Inb4 Bravo starts. :vagi:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:16 am

Obviously MAtS is starting the CL final unless injured ofc.

It'll be a great morale boost. I hope he can be our #1 keeper next season.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:35 am

Proud

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:39 am

why dont you post his latest performance where he let 5 goals in Laughing a manita for the Barca future...Bravo to retain his liga spot for one more season :coffee:

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:55 am

He can't do anything about the whole Germany U21 being chit hmm Performances in Barca only matter for me :coffee:
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:30 pm

I wonder who the club will buy to replace him in a few years. No chance for him to succeed here I'm afraid. If Bravo starts again every week as it looks it is the case I don't see how ter Stegen is going to develop just by training and playing once every few weeks in a Cup game.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:45 pm

Barca not using common sense as per usual. What a shame.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:59 pm

Champions Leauge and every other cup game is big for a 23 year old goalkeeper though.

Bravo is the natural choice in the leauge too. It's tough having two players for the same position both too good to be benched.

I think for now cup competitions for ter Stegen and Leauge for Bravo is pretty sensible rotation.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:11 pm

Big how? Does he seem nervous? To me not at all, he just need familiarisation with players he is playing with.

Of course Bravo is the natural choice now, he gets the majority of the minutes.

The issue is signing Bravo to begin with. He is a fine goalie, no problem, but this is not how you develop players.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:21 pm

Don't think one should criticise signing Bravo after ter Stegen concedeing 8 goals in 2 games (not saying all of them are his fault).

An experienced goalkeeper in your ranks is a must.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:40 am

futbol wrote:I wonder who the club will buy to replace him in a few years. No chance for him to succeed here I'm afraid. If Bravo starts again every week as it looks it is the case I don't see how ter Stegen is going to develop just by training and playing once every few weeks in a Cup game.

There is no need to replace him. At worst , loan him like chelsea did with Courtois. Bravo is doing great , no need to change but the coach has to make sure that Ter Stegen is ready when Bravo gets too old( 33 after this season ).
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:03 am

I don't want to diss Bravo because he hasn't done too much wrong but he also hasn't done anything to deserve his current reputation. He plays with Barca's first XI against La Liga fodder and concedes about 1 difficult shot every 2 months at best. MAtS gets thrown into the deep end against PSG, City, Bayern and Juventus after no regular playing time, with no chemistry with the defense infront of him (because of irregular playing time) and with additional pressure to prove himself if he wants to play regularly. If you are going to rotate at least rotate in a way that MAtS also gets some La Liga games so he can actually develop, form an understanding with the defense infront of him, gain confidence and iron out his flaws.

Imagine keeping Busquets on the bench and just giving him Cup games because Yaya was the safe option and 20 year old Busquets did some silly mistakes at the beginning of his career.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:34 am

Agree but you're the one who said

wonder who the club will buy to replace him in a few years. No chance for him to succeed here I'm afraid which implies you don't believe in him.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:05 am

futbol wrote:Imagine keeping Busquets on the bench and just giving him Cup games because Yaya was the safe option and 20 year old Busquets did some silly mistakes at the beginning of his career.

What are you comparing mate. Keeper situation is far more delicate.

So basically what you're saying is that ter Stegen should start all the games and Bravo should be sitting out and only mentoring around? Lucho prefers experience and wants to be successful now. He doesn't think what will be in 6 years time because he won't be here by then.

Anyways, a goalkeeper can play even up to his 40s so it's not really that big a deal that he's not playing every single game at 23.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:27 am

LeBéninois wrote:Agree but you're the one who said

wonder who the club will buy to replace him in a few years. No chance for him to succeed here I'm afraid  which implies you don't believe in him.

No, it implies the club makes it very hard for him to succeed and will waste his career if it continues this way. He's already seen as somewhat of a liability right now. Everyone is asking for Bravo to start because of a preseason game where an utter garbage lineup got dominated. Now imagine he makes one more mistake in his next game (which will be in how many weeks? When does the CL start again?).

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:33 am

Who's the 3rd keeper ? imo loaning Ter stegen to a Liga team wouldn't be a bad thing .
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:39 am

futbol wrote:Everyone is asking for Bravo to start because of a preseason game where an utter garbage lineup got dominated.

He conceded 4 against Sevilla aswell and the lineup was pretty fine but whatever.

Guy gets to play a CL final at 23 which is incredible for a goalkeeper and you're saying they're making it hard for him to develop.

There's an awful lot of games in CL and in CdR. Add to that 2 games in Club World Cup.

I think you're dramatizing. Not a single day passes without someone digging up a hole in a whole.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:39 am

LeBéninois wrote:Who's the 3rd keeper ? imo loaning Ter stegen to a Liga team wouldn't be a bad thing .

Masip.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by À bout de souffle Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:42 am

futbol wrote:I wonder who the club will buy to replace him in a few years. No chance for him to succeed here I'm afraid. If Bravo starts again every week as it looks it is the case I don't see how ter Stegen is going to develop just by training and playing once every few weeks in a Cup game.

If Lucho's still around, it will be some 30+y.o La liga keeper. Laughing

I always knew this would happen the moment Lucho went ahead and bought the similar priced Bravo, when MAtS was already signed.. Even in training videos, he's always having a nice chit-chat with the chilean, when it's been rumoured that he gives cold vibes to his players. He obviously sees Bravo as his man.
Lucho doesn't rate MAtS, as simple as that, and has shown to be less tolerant towards his mistakes. And by now, it's clear that he's more interested in upgrading his CV, than to actually care about Barca's future.

Anyway,
The following is what the bullshitter Balague had to say about MAtS' situation after the San Mamés affair...

"It may have been the plan to play ter Stegen in the league. But now Bravo looks set to play in the league but with some rotation."

The latest rumours on MAtS seems to be that the dressing room has alienated him (having lost trust in him and upset with his haughty attitude), whilst also offering total backing for Bravo. His absence at Pedro's farewell ceremony apparently further reinforces the rupture. :p And that he's to ask for a transfer in Jan if his situation remains unchanged by then, and I'll be surprised if it does.
À bout de souffle
À bout de souffle
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next