Marc-André ter Stegen vs Thibaut Courtois - who's better?

+5
Toffer Harley
Valkyrja
Kick
Mr Nick09
sree999
9 posters

Go down

Marc-André ter Stegen vs Thibaut Courtois - who's better? Empty Marc-André ter Stegen vs Thibaut Courtois - who's better?

Post by sree999 Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:44 am

http://13.futwiz.com/compare/7500/7566
sree999
sree999
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Marc-André ter Stegen vs Thibaut Courtois - who's better? Empty Re: Marc-André ter Stegen vs Thibaut Courtois - who's better?

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:59 am

courtois lol, poor barca fans want consolation they got a better gk Laughing nope
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Marc-André ter Stegen vs Thibaut Courtois - who's better? Empty Re: Marc-André ter Stegen vs Thibaut Courtois - who's better?

Post by Kick Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:01 am

Courtois, but I might be biased.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:06 am

Ter Stegen
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:03 pm

let's be honest, pretty much nobody here has ever watched a propper match of ter stegen.
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:47 pm

Well, as I said in other threads before - I think Barca won't make a mistake by signing either of them.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:42 pm

Weird question. The one who will join Barca of course. :coffee:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by sree999 Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:28 pm

i haven't watched either of them .seeing some videos ter stegen has superb reflexes and aggressiveness . what are your individual assessment of each players strengths and negatives ?

@ Nick why do you think courtois is much better ?
sree999
sree999
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:55 am

rofl
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:38 am

People on here shamelessly change their opinions all of the time, but I honestly think Courtois deserved the high esteem he had in the past. I thought he was absolutely fantastic when he was on loan at Atletico Madrid, and I’d be surprised if he didn’t show some of that extraordinary performance level at some point during his time at Chelsea as well. I have read the argument on here that «Courtois wasn’t even all that great at Atletico», but that’s utter bullshit. He had everything you’d expect from a top goalkeeper, and I can’t explain why he declined so soon. He’s only 27.

As for who’s better between him and Ter Stegen right now, that’s not even worth thinking about. The only redeeming quality Courtois has is height and reach, and he hardly ever seems to use that to his advantage.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:59 am

I admit he was great at the time (not sure if better than MATS but solid nonetheless). But looking back and seeing how things stand now, it's still quite funny

MATS was definitely underrated because he was coming from Bundesfodder.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:13 pm

Myesyats wrote:MATS was definitely underrated because he was coming from Bundesfodder.

He left himself vulnerable to the GL hammer of incredibly insightful judgement by not making an immediate impact, is all. And banter, of course.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:45 pm

Kick wrote:Courtois, but I might be biased.

Ter-Stegen, but I might be biased.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down