How do you think we'll play against top sides?

+2
titosantill
Onyx
6 posters

Go down

How do you think we'll play against top sides? Empty How do you think we'll play against top sides?

Post by Onyx Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:44 pm

One of the problems I've seen this season is we concede possession to sides that want to play possession. Happened against Barca, Juventus, Rayo and Bilbao. It was the same under Mourinho, possession against most sides, then counter vs teams who play possession. I this is actually a problem, because although we've improved defensively recently, I still think a lot of the top sides will trouble our defense. We've only been good defensively against average attacks. Overall I think our possession has definitely improved under Ancelotti and so has our pressing, however it's still not at it's peak yet. However that's understandable, since the players are getting used to a new style.

So what's the best way to play? Adjusting tactics based on the opposition, or sticking to one style?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

How do you think we'll play against top sides? Empty Re: How do you think we'll play against top sides?

Post by Onyx Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:47 pm

No ideas? hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

How do you think we'll play against top sides? Empty Re: How do you think we'll play against top sides?

Post by titosantill Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:32 pm

its tough to say, considering we haven't played any elite side since we played barcelona in october (no, i don't consider atleti an elite side just yet, they beat us last year yes, but even a garbage bin gets a piece of steak now and then)...i think the pressing questions for us as well as our opponents are, if carlo sticks to di maria playing in his new role, if modric can dictate the pace of the game against elite opposition, if benzema's form continues against such opposition, and of course sergio ramos' temperament...it will be interesting to see
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:08 pm

Who is elite?
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:42 am

by elite i'm talking about the likes of barcelona, bayern, chelsea, psg, dortmund et al ...granted we've met psg and chelsea in friendlies, but champions league is a whole different ball game and level of intensity required...manchester united may not be doing well at the moment but for the sake of reputation i'll throw them in that group.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:12 am

it appear ance doing well against 2nd time opponent Very Happy

terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:16 pm

If we struggle against Schalke, they would say we are struggling against top teams but if we beat them comfortably, they would say Schalke is not a top team

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:14 pm

schalke is a special case, because we have not won in germany in about twenty something tries. i can't remember when last we won there....but regardless, this is madrid. we should not underestimate schalke, but if we don't get a good result, it will be a major blow...and no, i won't consider schalke a tough side...a poor result against them will be an UPSET rather than a 'loss to a top side'....i feel both teams will play with caution though. i see this as a draw and if so, hopefully we get enough away goals...i'd rather a win ofcourse
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:21 pm

Hopefully, we won't play like United  rofl 
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:50 pm

lol @ valkyrja....that was funny
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down