Raptorgunner
Mr Nick09
Lex
Le Samourai
MJ
47 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Wayne Rooney The King of Player Power - Page 3 Empty Re: Wayne Rooney The King of Player Power

Post by MJ Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:42 pm

No one quotes after tax figures. With that in mind, Torres obviously does.

MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Wayne Rooney The King of Player Power - Page 3 Empty Re: Wayne Rooney The King of Player Power

Post by RealGunner Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:52 pm

Torres earns £210k p/w

http://www.tsmplug.com/richlist/fernando-torres-net-worth/
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:12 pm

RealGunner wrote:Torres earns £210k p/w

No idea where you've gotten that website from, but almost everyone else is reporting £175k(slightly more than I thought but still below £200k).

Here's the list of Chelsea players: http://www.chelseadaft.org/2012/11/chelseas-player-wages.html

edit: Same website you posted backs me up ===> http://www.tsmplug.com/richlist/chelsea-playerss-salaries-2014/
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:13 pm

300k a week is okay. Its not about that. I am more pissed off cos of his other demands, like having a say in transfers and all. That is simply not done.
You can incorporate a captain's suggestion in possible buys thats fine, but you cannot under any circumstance 'degrade' yourself in a position where the captain himself orders the club whom they should go for and whom the club should sell.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:17 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:
MJGunner wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:
Not even close. Something around 160k.

No Chelsea player earns over 200k.

well, better chelski improve the salary of at least hazard to a 300. It will be super easy for psg otherwise the coming summer to lure him away.  Laughing 

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:19 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Torres earns £210k p/w

No idea where you've gotten that website from, but almost everyone else is reporting £175k(slightly more than I thought but still below £200k).

Here's the list of Chelsea players: http://www.chelseadaft.org/2012/11/chelseas-player-wages.html

edit: Same website you posted backs me up ===> http://www.tsmplug.com/richlist/chelsea-playerss-salaries-2014/

Yea that 210 was probably without Tax. 175k sounds right.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:20 pm

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:
MJGunner wrote:

No Chelsea player earns over 200k.

well, better chelski improve the salary of at least hazard to a 300. It will be super easy for psg otherwise the coming summer to lure him away.  Laughing 
Relax. He's not a 300k player yet. When the time comes, Chelsea are more than capable of giving him that much. He's already our highest paid player right now ahead of captains JT, Lamps & Cech.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:11 pm

Since when does anyone report the after tax numbers when saying "player x is being offered y amount by club z"? This isn't even a point of discussion unless the league of focus is Ligue 1.

Torres is over 200k.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:19 pm

MJGunner wrote:Since when does anyone report the after tax numbers when saying "player x is being offered y amount by club z"? This isn't even a point of discussion unless the league of focus is Ligue 1.

Torres is over 200k.
Lol is this a serious question? Mention any footballer you want to use as example and I'll give you his before tax wages. What you see in the tabloids is pretty much after tax 95% of the time.

Feel free to prove me wrong with facts though.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:23 pm

Rooney does deserve 300k, in a sense, considering his importance to United but on the pitch, commercially and as far as attracting other players.

He also deserves the captain's arm band, tbh, whether Vidic is leaving or not(though it'll be awkward to strip Vidic of it while he's still around). Its not like he's not a senior player in the squad. He's pretty much a leader for them on the pitch and he can lead by example too with his performances(something Vidic hasn't been able to do for a while now).

Asking for power on transfers, however, is taking it too far and quite frankly ridiculous. I don't believe he knows more about football than Moyes, no matter how much Moyes has screwed up this season.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:25 pm

Erm. How can it be proven that that is the case anywhere? Everywhere I've checked has Torres listed well above 200k. The only place I've seen under is here. After you've done your tax calculations.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:28 pm

What's RVPrick on? I doubt he'll like the fact he's being paid less than Rooney
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:31 pm

MJGunner wrote:Erm. How can it be proven that that is the case anywhere? Everywhere I've checked has Torres listed well above 200k. The only place I've seen under is here. After you've done your tax calculations.
Care to post these links?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:34 pm

Rooney doesn't deserve captaincy.

When we were losing against Everton, he had a shot on goal, missed and sulked for about the last 20 mins. Later, he came in late on Jagelika, clearly not going for the ball just like he did in the game before at Cardiff, meaning it was his 5th yellow card of the season. He was then suspended for the game against Newcastle, which we then lost.  

That's just on the the pitch, off the pitch he's definitely not the example you want your players to follow.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:37 pm

Busby Babe wrote:Rooney doesn't deserve captaincy.

When we were losing against Everton, he had a shot on goal, missed and sulked for about the last 20 mins. Later, he came in late on Jagelika, clearly not going for the ball just like he did in the game before at Cardiff, meaning it was his 5th yellow card of the season. He was then suspended for the game against Newcastle, which we then lost.  

That's just on the the pitch, off the pitch he's definitely not the example you want your players to follow.
Terry is definitely not an example for young players to follow off the pitch but he's a massive captain for us on the pitch.

Rooney sulking up in one match doesn't mean he doesn't deserve captain. Ronaldo sulks a lot too, but wouldn't you say he deserves to captain Madrid? Exactly.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:46 pm

Cronaldo as Madrid captain? Laughing
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:52 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:
Busby Babe wrote:Rooney doesn't deserve captaincy.

Terry is definitely not an example for young players to follow off the pitch but he's a massive captain for us on the pitch.

Rooney sulking up in one match doesn't mean he doesn't deserve captain. Ronaldo sulks a lot too, but wouldn't you say he deserves to captain Madrid? Exactly.

Terry off the pitch, I don't know what specifically do you mean? Him cheating? I'm talking strictly about football.

I really don't think you can have your best captain getting frustrated. Against Real Madrid, I really wish someone was able to calm the players down. We're  having a lot of moments like that this season, when things are just not going our way. We need a captain we know that won't lose it.

And, it's not one match, Rooney has a reputation for being hot headed.

Also, against Chelsea, when Vidic went in quite late on Hazard, then a few mins later Rafael went in with a dangerous tackle. Rafael is his own man, but I wish Vidic set an example to him and he didn't.

Plus, best player =/= best captain.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:55 pm

True, but I don't see anyone else on your team who's more deserving as far as with his play and with his temperament. I'd say Carrick but....nah...
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:03 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:True, but I don't see anyone else on your team who's more deserving as far as with his play and with his temperament. I'd say Carrick but....nah...

Yeah, that's the only difficulty, is we don't really have anyone captain material. Apart from Fletcher, who has been very vocal on and off the pitch, but he's not going to be starting every game. Phill Jones, is a good option, but only for the future. We should just keep it as Vidic for now, it will only do more harm than good changing it.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:07 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:
MJGunner wrote:Erm. How can it be proven that that is the case anywhere? Everywhere I've checked has Torres listed well above 200k. The only place I've seen under is here. After you've done your tax calculations.

There's the one RG posted and countless others. Try typing "Fernando Torres wages" in Google.

Rooney is a big selfish baby. He doesn't lead by example or elevate the name of Manchester United. He whines periodically until he gets what he wants. Just because he performs in the meantime doesn't mean he should be given the armband.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:23 pm

MJGunner wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:

There's the one RG posted and countless others. Try typing "Fernando Torres wages" in Google.
RG posted this: http://www.tsmplug.com/richlist/fernando-torres-net-worth/

And on the same website they have this: http://www.tsmplug.com/richlist/chelsea-playerss-salaries-2014/

Difference is, one is before taxes and the other is after.

The only different one I've seen is on Forbes and its still not up to 200k.

Rooney is a big selfish baby. He doesn't lead by example or elevate the name of Manchester United. He whines periodically until he gets what he wants. Just because he performs in the meantime doesn't mean he should be given the armband.
Tbh you're right but Vidic is finished. He's probably going to leave in the summer or play a limited role next season. At some point, whether he asked for it or not, I think they'd have had to give Rooney the captaincy anyway.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:45 pm

If someone earns 210k before taxes he certainly won't earn 175k after taxes lol.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:47 pm

Does Carrick not deserve this? I don't know United's hierarchy well enough to comment but I'm thinking someone at least more modest in how they treat the club.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:58 pm

Carrick is a great player, but doesn't scream "leader of men" to me....give it to Evans ffs academy boy
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:16 pm

Carrick's starting spot isn't 100% guaranteed imo with all the midfield rumours. Might better getting a pure DM to partner with someone like Herrera or Gundogan.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:59 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Carrick's starting spot isn't 100% guaranteed imo with all the midfield rumours. Might better getting a pure DM to partner with someone like Herrera or Gundogan.

He's on his way to be 33 anyways.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next