Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Wayne Rooney appreciation thread Empty Re: Wayne Rooney appreciation thread

Post by Kaladin Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:12 pm

Probably one of the best English players in the history of the game, definitely top 3
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:21 pm

What a player. 13 years. Incredible feat in a era where you have mercenaries like Higuain, Pjanic, etc moving to direct rivals every season..what a professional. Stuck with us through the good times and the bad times. United personified. Doesn't get the respect he deserves tbh. He's had a few ups and downs over the years off the pitch but he's only human. Scored a lot of important goals for us.

Thanks Wayne, now retire in peace Molenation
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:46 pm

One of the best players of this generation imo
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:46 pm

What a GOAT player in his prime :bow:
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:49 pm

Firenze wrote:What a player. 13 years. Incredible feat in a era where you have mercenaries like Higuain, Pjanic, etc moving to direct rivals every season..what a professional. Stuck with us through the good times and the bad times. United personified. Doesn't get the respect he deserves tbh. He's had a few ups and downs over the years off the pitch but he's only human. Scored a lot of important goals for us.

United personified rofl

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/9104392.stm

What a myth, he only stayed because Prime Moyes gave him like 300k a week. This how loyalty shit has got to stop, the only reason these players stay is because of money.

People working themselves thinking they are loyal to the club and would play for *bleep* all rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:50 pm

ES wrote:Probably one of the best English players in the history of the game, definitely top 3

Definitely United's greatest atleast. Now I know some fickle clowns here are suddenly changing tune but it's unreal how disrespected he is by his own club's fans. Thankfully Mourinho isn't that fickle like the fans. Proud

Totally worth dat £300K a week for that above pic alone :bow:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:57 pm

He's been shite since 2010 lol, we need to stop this nonsense.

His inflated stats are a result of playing since he was 16 years old and playing with great players for nearly 15 years and he's relatively injury free.

The fact he's only gone past 20 league goals in a season twice in his entire career says all you need to know.

I hate when a player hits a record and people lose all perspective and rationale.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:01 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Firenze wrote:What a player. 13 years. Incredible feat in a era where you have mercenaries like Higuain, Pjanic, etc moving to direct rivals every season..what a professional. Stuck with us through the good times and the bad times. United personified. Doesn't get the respect he deserves tbh. He's had a few ups and downs over the years off the pitch but he's only human. Scored a lot of important goals for us.

United personified rofl

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/9104392.stm

What a myth, he only stayed because Prime Moyes gave him like 300k a week. This how loyalty shit has got to stop, the only reason these players stay is because of money.

People working themselves thinking they are loyal to the club and would play for *bleep* all rofl

my entire post was somewhat tongue in cheek just so I could fit in that counter dig about mercenaries such as Higuain and Pjanic tbh

Rooney's an absolute melt obviously

however, I have to say I'm quite impressed with how he's handling his rotation/sub role atm now, fully expected him to have been complaining to the media by now

I imagine that has something to do with the fact he's earning China money regardless though
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:03 pm

and if we're being serious for a second, Rooney's had a VERY good career but I think regardless of accomplishments, stats, etc it's quite obvious that he never quite lived up to what he was capable of and has been very much average since at least 2010 like you mentioned.

Entire thread is a not so subtle attempt by Surag to laugh at how Rooney is being lauded after breaking the record and how meaningless it really is when you look beyond the record being broken anyway

calma Moal
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:14 pm

Fair enough.

I'm satisfied tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:57 pm

I don't think he's been average since 2010, he's been a victim of his versatility.

What do you expect him to hit? He's gotten over 20 a couple times, he burst on the scene as a young player where you're not going to hit those numbers. Had a couple prime years and then when he was hitting his prime at like 26/27 Fergie decided he was a midfielder. He's basically been playing there ever since, and then when he turned 40 years old (or looks it) he started playing up front and has been proper shite since then. This isn't even mentioning having to share goalscoring duties with Ronaldo and we all know what that does to fellow strikers.

Great attitude to be moved around and do whatever the coach asked him to, and you know if hasn't been a quality players all those years, Fergie would have gotten rid of him.

That's not to say Rooney hasn't been a problem in recent years NOR is it to say that I think Rooney has lived up to the hype that surrounded him as a younger player. However, claiming Rooney has been shite since 2010 is revionist BS.

Anyway, he's got my respect. He's had a very respectable career and is a United icon for sure. Taking this record is impressive and I'm happy for him. I've always liked watching him and I've always admired his ability and versatility.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:58 pm

He has not been shite since 2010. He was very good in 2011-12 season, he was United's best player that season. Only RVP was a better forward than him that season.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:01 pm

Also what is up with United mushing two words together? pogback...250ney, wtf
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:36 pm

He was really a beast in 2010 .. I still remind for CL '09-'10 when we are going to fight for winning it (as it was ) , I hoped in Bayern among United-Bayern because I feared so much Rooney ..He scored n first leg but got injured. In 2nd half he got injured again , and Bayern passed then .. Otherwise I don't know it, he was fantastic that year

All that I think he was over-hated from Three Lions fans .. It is not because of him if England got poor results with NT , his performance was legit .. He reminds me Totti on it ..
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:11 pm

CBarca wrote:Also what is up with United mushing two words together? pogback...250ney, wtf

6nited

Coming soon...

Great marketing gimmick to promote their eventual 6th place finish imo
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:29 pm

S wrote:
CBarca wrote:Also what is up with United mushing two words together? pogback...250ney, wtf

6nited

Coming soon...

Great marketing gimmick to promote their eventual 6th place finish imo

talking about marketing gimmick when your club has to stoop to the level of changing even your bloody crest just to pander to the new age fans. Proud

Spoiler:

Last edited by Glory on Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:10 pm

Should have flogged him off before he entered the record books. He is no legend to me and is clown. Tried leaving for Chelsea and city. The guy broke the record because he just happened to be here.  20 years from now you will have people saying he is an absolute legend for the club :facepalm:

Was never the star man and always the bridesmaid. Had one "world class" season in his career 09/10 were everything he touched turned to gold before he got inured. Atm  this jester can't beat a milk man let alone a defender. Literally looks like some guy out of a pub.

Record goal scorers from other big European clubs

Barcelona Messi
Real madrid Ronaldo before him a club legend Raul
Chelsea Lampard
Napoli Maradona
Juventus Del piero
Inter Meazza
Milan Nordahl
Arsenal Henry
Liverpool Ian Rush
Bayern Gerd Muller
Roma Totti

United.....Rooney :facepalm:

Makes me *bleep* sick
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:17 pm

He's a ****, but what a career.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:28 pm

Why the negativity? Because he was rumored wanting to to go to Chelsea? In the end he stuck through and through, winning you a CL in the process, and you will give him the respect he deserves
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:36 pm

ES wrote:Why the negativity? Because he was rumored wanting to to go to Chelsea? In the end he stuck through and through, winning you a CL in the process, and you will give him the respect he deserves

Remember when Gerrard was rumored to move to Chelsea ? Or when Del Piero was tempted to join United ? Every club legend go through a phase like this until they eventually come through and stay loyal to the club.

Rooney is no different. Only United fans can portray their greatest player as a *bleep* tbh. Ridiculous if you ask me.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:46 pm

jibers wrote:Should have flogged him off before he entered the record books. He is no legend to me and is clown. Tried leaving for Chelsea and city. The guy broke the record because he just happened to be here.  20 years from now you will have people saying he is an absolute legend for the club :facepalm:

Was never the star man and always the bridesmaid. Had one "world class" season in his career 09/10 were everything he touched turned to gold before he got inured. Atm  this jester can't beat a milk man let alone a defender. Literally looks like some guy out of a pub.

Record goal scorers from other big European clubs

Barcelona Messi
Real madrid Ronaldo before him a club legend Raul
Chelsea Lampard
Napoli Maradona
Juventus Del piero
Inter Meazza
Milan Nordahl
Arsenal Henry
Liverpool Ian Rush
Bayern Gerd Muller
Roma Totti

United.....Rooney :facepalm:

Makes me *bleep* sick
Damn, no love from jibenaldo, but understandable.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:15 pm

ES wrote:Why the negativity? Because he was rumored wanting to to go to Chelsea? In the end he stuck through and through, winning you a CL in the process, and you will give him the respect he deserves

Lol he stayed loyal because no one wanted him barring that one occasion when Mourinho wanted to sign him for chelsea. To think he even wanted to jump ship to City is enough for me personally to not count him as a United legend.

And its not just his desire to move, its his constant scheming and plotting using his high end friends in the media, his holding the club for ransom seeking out the best contracts even when his game was nowhere near a level thats acceptable for sucha player. Heck, there were even legit reports that a clause was attached to that 300k 5 year contract (which dat clown Moyes foolishly dished out for him :facepalm: ) that he would have a say in the future deals the club do, dont know whether its on an administrative level or a strictly financial capacity. The guy was a leech and he exploited everything he could through out this tenure of his. He was the poster boy of English football and he milked that fact to the fullest.
Whenever his place was under threat, someone wrote an article praising rooni and his contributions in a national daily. For instance, just yesterday something like this appeared on Independent.
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-united-jose-mourinho-classless-wayne-rooney-history-maker-stoke-goal-a7541486.html
Its disgusting to say the very least. Pundits on tv are debating on how badly Mourinho is treating Rooni by not picking him and are saying he should leave the club in the summer. lol d fact that he is satisfied to be a part time player for us and is willing to see out his contract and retire here is because he himself know he is finished and would flop big time if make a big money move to somewhere else.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:34 pm

You think Pogba is any different? Or whoever is the next guy you build a team around ?(which is most likely Pogba)

Man United are a cash cow. Can't blame Rooney for milking the most of what he can for his benefits which anyone in his position would have especially at a club like United. Terry, Gerrard all did the same thing in their primes but it's only Rooney who gets the stick because apparently his playing level too low for United which is obviously BS.

If you think Rooney was bad, wait until Pogba sucks the club dry for his own marketing benefits. He's more of a businessman than Rooney will ever be.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next