Pastafarian Sworn as New York Town Councilman

3 posters

Go down

Pastafarian Sworn as New York Town Councilman Empty Pastafarian Sworn as New York Town Councilman

Post by McLewis Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:02 pm

Picture of newly elected town council man Christopher Schaeffer being sworn in as the first openly elected Pastafarian politician in the US.

This is a picture of his swearing in, wearing a pasta colander and all:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BdVQXm2CQAAJQJm.png

If you're not familiar with Pastafarians, they are basically worshipers of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti monster. It's a satirical religion created by an atheist back in 2005 to make fun of the hypocrisy of organized religion.

I'm a sucker for satire so I loved their parody of the Lord's Prayer:

"Our pasta, who art in a colander, draining be your noodles. Thy noodle come, Thy sauce be yum, on top some grated Parmesan. Give us this day our garlic bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trample on our lawns. And lead us not into vegetarianism, but deliver us some pizza, for thine is the meatball, the noodle, and the sauce, forever and ever."

Ramen.

rofl
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Pastafarian Sworn as New York Town Councilman Empty Re: Pastafarian Sworn as New York Town Councilman

Post by rwo power Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:34 pm

May the FSM hold his noodly appendages over him for all time! Ramen!
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Pastafarian Sworn as New York Town Councilman Empty Re: Pastafarian Sworn as New York Town Councilman

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:02 am

Too bad more than half of the lawmakers of Congress (I would think) have to lie about being religious just so that they can please their irrational constituents. This is a start.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down