Abramovich
DeletedUser#1
RealGunner
Firenze
McAgger
71 posters

Page 9 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 22  Next

Go down

Brendan Rodgers Sacked: Now at Celtic - Page 9 Empty Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked: Now at Celtic

Post by iftikhar Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:36 pm

mr-r34 wrote:We weren't unlucky, we were shit.

It's not unlucky when your only make shift striker misses a bunch of chances, his just shit a finishing like i've been saying this whole time.
Raheem scored 10 goals in 38 games last season. Most of the time he was playing along side Suarez or Sturridge (or both) who would get most of the attention.

Now Rodgers expects he will become some prolific striker over-night.

iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Brendan Rodgers Sacked: Now at Celtic - Page 9 Empty Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked: Now at Celtic

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:37 pm

Right. Forget about Gerrard and Allen who offered nothing, forget Sterling's pathetic finishing, forget Rodgers taking off your left back with no reason, let's blame Balotelli, the only one who at least came close :brickwall:
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:43 pm

Who blamed balo this game?

His doing okay for what he has to work with.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:43 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Right. Forget about Gerrard and Allen who offered nothing, forget Sterling's pathetic finishing, forget Rodgers taking off your left back with no reason, let's blame Balotelli, the only one who at least came close :brickwall:
Who is blaming Balotelli scratch hmm Suspect ??? Rodgers rofl !!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:44 pm

Don't see what Rodgers did especially bad this game, Sterling had 2 golden chances and bottled both, Balo was kept from scoring by a fantastic De Gea. Yes, the defending was shit, but it always has been under Rodgers and no one seemed to have a problem with it last season. I think if Balo/Sterling finished their chances before it went 3-0 it would have been a much more even game.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:46 pm

Besides playing 2 passengers in the middle of the pitch, he didnt nothing wrong. Besides wasting our best CM at RWB he did nothing wrong.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:48 pm

Besides taking off Moreno, right after which unsurprisingly van Persie scores a goal in acres of space where a left back should be, when he could as well taken off one of said passengers, what did he do wrong?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:49 pm

mr-r34 wrote:Who blamed balo this game?

His doing okay for what he has to work with.

sorry, I thought you were talking about Balotelli, my bad
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:50 pm

You guys are welcome to Pardew in fact I beg you :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:51 pm

Why are you guys asking "What did he do wrong?"
Listen to what the Pool fans are saying;

"He played the wrong players from the outset. He played players in ridiculous positions."

That's what he did wrong. Laughing
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:07 pm

Henderson at RWB, Gerrard and his main man Allen in the middle lol.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:47 pm

What Rodgers did wrong:

Allen played at all, anywhere.

The same goes for Lovren. How Sakho can now officially be our 4th choice, I have no clue.

Gerrard-Allen CM pair.

Henderson as wing-back.

Partly to do with his transfers, but today Sturridge was our only unavailable striker, yet we play a 20-year-old winger/AM as striker.

Randomly trying different formations and line-ups. Against Leicester it was Gerrard at CAM.
Then against Sunderland it was the 4-3-3 again.
Then against Basel it was 4-2-3-1 with Gerrard as CAM again, Lucas-Allen pivot and Henderson a wide AM.
Now against United 3-4-3 with Gerrard as DM.

If somebody sees logic and reason in what Rodgers is doing, good on them, but I don't. I'm just hoping he'll get it right through luck now. There were some positives today and the scoreline doesn't tell the whole story, so I guess I can remain hopeful.

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:49 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Don't see what Rodgers did especially bad this game, Sterling had 2 golden chances and bottled both, Balo was kept from scoring by a fantastic De Gea. Yes, the defending was shit, but it always has been under Rodgers and no one seemed to have a problem with it last season. I think if Balo/Sterling finished their chances before it went 3-0 it would have been a much more even game.
#1. A wing-back at CB
#2. A CM at wing-back
#3. Allen
#4. A striker who scored 10 in 38 last season
#5. Took-off Lallana who was nice movements and link-up
#6. Jones at goal
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:56 pm

l think Mr. Nick once said about Rodgers when you guys signed some random player recently, can't remember who. But lt was something along the lines of "Typical Rodgers transfer. Sign 5 players, maybe one of them will be good Laughing ".

Honestly can't help but feel like he was right. ln terms of player signings and even tactics, rodgers just seems to be throwing stuff at the wall at random waiting to see if something will stick. Lets try a new formation and squad every game until we win one 5-0 and then go with that. Lets bring in 10 new guys, surely one of them will be world class!

lts funny because Rodgers and Wenger seem to be on the opposite ends of the spectrum. One far too sat in his ways and never changes things up or reacts to loses. The other changes things up to at an insane rate and overreacts to any kind of result
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:07 pm

https://vine.co/v/O69X1EhxQDF
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:32 pm

VendettaRed07 wrote:l think Mr. Nick once said about Rodgers when you guys signed some random player recently, can't remember who. But lt was something along the lines of "Typical Rodgers transfer. Sign 5 players, maybe one of them will be good Laughing ".

Outstanding memory there bruh, i was talking about Emre Can, a super talent Bayern sold away Rolling Eyes

Do you remember what the responses were? let me refresh your memory, some outstanding stuff

Mr Nick09 wrote:typical Rodgers signing. His technique for signing players seems to be, sign 5 and maybe 1 will be good Laughing

RedOrange wrote:Why do you insist on commenting on subjects you clearly have no real knowledge of?

Mr Nik09 wrote:hmm because 1) i can post on anything i want, 2) imma embarrass just right now

12/13
sahin: flop
allen: meh
sturridge: great
coutinho: good
aissadi: flop
yesil: Laughing
borini: flop

13/14
sakho: meh
Aspas: flop
mignolet: good
moses: meh
luis alberto: Laughing
cyssokho: Laughing
thiago ilori: made the bench once, and then off on loan

so of 14 transfers, 3-4 have turned good. like i said, throw enough darts on a board, one will hit the center.
Actually, now we can put Mignolet as scrub, i was kind.

RedOrange wrote:Except a number of those were made by the committee, not Rodgers. Several others you've already labelled as flops or written off were signed specifically for the long term. Several OTHERS you've written off were injured for extended periods and remain at the club with a time yet to perform. And finally you've intentionally underrated several to support an otherwise weak and incorrectly generalized point.

It's a bit funny and a bit sad that you go to such great lengths only to so obviously fudge the facts and undermine your own point.

Proud

hey but what do i know, maybe the Committee is coaching to team now too
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:41 am

The committee thing is just a nicer way for Brenda to deflect blame away from himself. He has the final say and he said so himself. All of this shit signings are his.

Committee is made of 4 people: our Head Scout and his department who scout players. Head of Performance who narrows down the list of players. Ian Ayre who negotiates all the deals. And Brenda who is the chairman of the committee and oversees all of it and has the final say.

It's just a bullshit excuse to say that Bredanda didn't make those signings but the committee did.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:45 am

He might be bad with transfers (if it's on him) but losing Suarez AND Sturridge is disastrous and yesterday highlighted it so much. A proven WC striker like RvP playing for Liverpool instead of United (and maybe anyone but Lev Yashin in United's goal) and NO WAY the scoreline ends up 3-0, just no freaking way. Talk about tactics and coaching and whatever all you want. All these chances falling to the feet of a world class striker instead of a 19 year old winger and Lolotelli and it's a different game.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:54 am

and no one will disagree with you fussbal, as when a team is performing badly, it's the convergence of many different parts. The coaching, the planning, injuries, the schedule, the preparation during the summer, dumb luck at times, etc...

Yet, i can also tell you that Rodgers was a complete retard thinking that he could turn Balo into a world class player. Because guess what, he lost his best player, had enough money to go sign a striker, and he ended up with lolotelli... Who put him there in the first place?

Freaking Bimac with cheese Gignac is a better striker than him

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:46 am

Brendan Rodgers Sacked: Now at Celtic - Page 9 FpgX2dL

Cutiepieeeee
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:47 am

Also, this is a man that picked Luis ALberto over Christian Eriksen. Just let that settle in regarding his knowledge of players/transfers. rofl
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:14 am

Tbh Alberto was GOATing it for Barca B. No idea how Rodgers destroyed him. :coffee:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:35 am

Yeah, for my money, our transfers are purely on Rodgers. The manager is the one actually using the players, not some transfer committee, so he has to be the one deciding which players are bought. Even if Rodgers turns things around on the pitch and we start playing well again, I would be very nervous about what he does in the transfer windows.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:40 am

thw worst things will start happening once he loses the dressing room, the episode is yet to come !!

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:26 pm

As of now this whole episode of Rodgers this season is going eerily similar to what happened to us last season with Moyseh.

1.Preference to certain individuals and conveniently shoving others onto the bench and even beyond irrespective of talent. If you guys remember we used to call Young and Valencia as Moyes's illegitimate sons last season seeing his preference to them just like you guys calling Joe Allen Rodgers' boy. And last season moyes ostracized kagawa just like rodgers is doing with Can, Sakho and co.
2.Overspending on scrubs Fellaini, Mata(considering his price he is very much a scrub) = Lovren, Markovic, Balotelli
3.Going defensive in big games and meekly surrendering against any team that has quality and only slightly edging past mediocre teams.
4.Clueless when it comes to tactics and not sure what he was doing.
5.Over-relying on rooney = Over-relying on a 19 y.o sterling
6.Van persie getting injured and missing almost the entire season = Sturridge. - eventhough its not the managers fault entirely, in terms of luck its similar.
7.Shit luck when it comes to results and overall very very negative, eventhough rodgers is not as negative as moysie.

May be he will get sacked towards the end of the season (no offense) as and when Pool get mathematically out of 4th place and will get replaced by a Dutch manager, Frank de Boer or Koeman and things start to change. Smile

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:43 pm

I think even though we lost to United we took a step forward. The team sheet was still not perfect, and Lovren + Allen should be dropped, but the play itself was positive and moving back towards what Rodgers is good at. I am still patient with him. There's no one out there who will come in and do a better job right now. His man management, and his attacking style of play is very nice for us. If his only weakness is transfers then it might be prudent to keep him as manager but get someone to take over the transfer committee and such.

Just IMO. I don't forget two months ago when everyone though Rodgers was going to lead Liverpool to a long period of glory. I'm not going to flip on him that easily like some melodramatic people.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 22  Next