Subotic must be one of the most overrated CBs going.

+18
Pip
Rebaño Sagrado
Zealous
vivabarca38
M99
free_cat
Casciavit
Forza
Arquitecto
Onyx
Toffer Harley
danyjr
Adit
DeletedUser#1
The Franchise
Swanhends
Winter is Coming
Great Leader Sprucenuce
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Subotic must be one of the most overrated CBs going. Empty Subotic must be one of the most overrated CBs going.

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:05 pm

Against Bayern in CL final.... at fault for first goal and should do better for 2nd.

Against Arsenal away at fault for Arsenal's goal.

Against Schalke thugs his way to a penalty but luckily for him Boateng misses.

Against Arsenal tonight is outmuscled in the air by Aaron f*cking Ramsey.

Carried by Hummels time and time again and pretty much everytime he's not there he struggles and even when he is there he lets him down by making thuggish mistake after thuggish mistake.

Just an overrated thug but sadly the world is impressed by aggressive CBs with zero positional sense.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Subotic must be one of the most overrated CBs going. Empty Re: Subotic must be one of the most overrated CBs going.

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:10 pm

He was never rated that high really...was he? I think he's good, but all, or most CB need a good partner to pair up with to get the best out of them.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Subotic must be one of the most overrated CBs going. Empty Re: Subotic must be one of the most overrated CBs going.

Post by Swanhends Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:15 pm

Not sure referencing a 0-2 CL final loss to a team that throttled everyone and their mothers, or two 1-goal-conceded games against arguably the most in-form team in Europe is necessarily the best of evidence that he's a struggling-overrated-thug-with-no-positional-sense who gets carried Laughing

Last edited by Swanhends on Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:16 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:He was never rated that high really...was he? I think he's good, but all, or most CB need a good partner to pair up with to get the best out of them.
Well some people were saying Barcelona should buy him, not Hummels.

So maybe thats part of the reason why.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:16 pm

Mole is talking shit shocker Laughing

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:17 pm

Hummels cant even carry himself..let alone Subotic.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:20 pm

Definitely not overrated at all. If anyone is overrated it is his couple in defence, the error prone, complacent Hummels.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:21 pm

Adit wrote:Hummels cant even carry himself..let alone Subotic.
Yet nearly every big game Hummels has been missing Dortmund have lost.

Oh and its funny that everyone calls Hummels error prone when Subotic makes a lot more mistakes....

I suppose it suits you all to ignore all those mistakes so you don't have to admit you are wrong though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:23 pm

Mate, no one rates Subotić I don't know where you've read that.

At the same time, Hummels has been, for 3-4 years the most talked about defender when transfer season opens.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:24 pm

danyjr wrote:Mate, no one rates Subotić I don't know where you've read that.

At the same time, Hummels has been, for 3-4 years the most talked about defender when transfer season opens.
I rate Subotic, I think he is a good player from what I've seen
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:26 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:He was never rated that high really...was he? I think he's good, but all, or most CB need a good partner to pair up with to get the best out of them.

Well Barcelona are linked to every possible CB in the market. Any defender who plays as a CB most Barcelona fans would want him, as long as its not Masch for them.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:26 pm

I consider both of them to be unreliable defenders but the calmness and technique of Hummels compliments the aggressive, physical Subotić. That's why BVB's defence has generally worked despite having two defenders whom I don't rate highly.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:29 pm

Because he's a top class defender.....

Yet everytime he makes a mistake ( even TS makes mistakes btw) he's apparently this mistake prone defender.

Subotic makes 10 times the mistakes and not a word is uttered... i wonder why Laughing

The double standards are hilarious.... if Hummels had played like how Subotic has the last 6 months he would be talked about like he's a scrub.

But nah its ok for Subotic to make mistake week after week because he's aggressive and makes a nice tackle now and again....and lose practically every game without Hummels holding his hand.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:31 pm

in an age where there aren't any impeccable world class CBs anymore it's amazing how some people want to emphasize hummels occasional blunders over his many obvious strengths. but that's another story...

i also rate subotic quite highly. he's not on hummels level but i feel they make an awesome team and subotic does have many great last ditch tackles etc.. his aggressiveness is needed and every now and then he gets it wrong, but i feel it's not that frequent. it would also be interesting to see sokratis next to hummels tho
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:34 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

Well Barcelona are linked to every possible CB in the market. Any defender who plays as a CB most Barcelona fans would want him, as long as its not Masch for them.
Yeah I get that, but people were actually saying not that we should just get him, that he would be better than Hummels.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:37 pm

Hummels surely makes more mistakes than Thiago Silva. I apologise if I'm wrong because I don't watch BVB regularly but I've watched Hummels in later stages of CL for BVB or in the Germany shirt and he has made costly mistakes in big games. This is a player who's got top teams after him.

On the other hand I personally haven't heard of any top teams ever being linked with Subotić. I suppose that is an indication of how highly a player is rated?
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:43 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Well some people were saying Barcelona should buy him, not Hummels.

Yeah I get that, but people were actually saying not that we should just get him, that he would be better than Hummels.

The fan hype.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:46 pm

danyjr wrote:Hummels surely makes more mistakes than Thiago Silva. I apologise if I'm wrong because I don't watch BVB regularly but I've watched Hummels in later stages of CL for BVB or in the Germany shirt and he has made costly mistakes in big games. This is a player who's got top teams after him.

On the other hand I personally haven't heard of any top teams ever being linked with Subotić. I suppose that is an indication of how highly a player is rated?
Thats the thing a lot of top clubs are after him, which means they watch him regularly and see his strength/weakness, but yet still want him. They have a better knowledge on this then us, but doesn't mean their always right, but I'm sure many who watch Dortmund regularly would rate Hummels higher the Subotic (excluding German fans).
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:54 pm

When was he ever rated highly?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:56 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:Thats the thing a lot of top clubs are after him, which means they watch him regularly and see his strength/weakness, but yet still want him. They have a better knowledge on this then us, but doesn't mean their always right, but I'm sure many who watch Dortmund regularly would rate Hummels higher the Subotic (excluding German fans).
And yet no one has signed him. There's been times where I felt he could be a top defender, right before he'd make a horrid mistake in a big match which would make me, as a hypothetical owner of a club, think twice about splashing €40 million on him.

I would also rate Hummels higher than Subotić but that is not to say I consider Hummels a world class defender. He is good at playing the ball from the back, very intelligent going forward and is technically gifted. Every CB makes a mistake, some of my favourite CBs (such as Koscielny, Thiago Silva and Varane) have made a mistake or two on the big occasion too but they don't do it as consistently as I've seen Hummels do it.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:57 am

Mole this is disappointing and frankly you are using Subotic to prove Hummel's excellence, to which is unnecessary in such context. To all who actually watch Hummels rather than raise hearsay on his high profile mistakes, know he is an elite CB and know that he is a better player than Subotic.

Yet Subotic has recently been underrated mostly due to him having the job of performing the dirty work of the defensive line, along with the magnificent discipline of his.

Too many times last year and this year, mistakes from Santana and Sokratis (lesser so) have been ignored and put on Subotic, given that he is the higher profile CB, as does this remind you of something (e.g Hummels).

Neven Subotic is not and will never be Mats Hummels, yet I appreciate him for his magnificent discipline, command of the line and some epic tackles here and there. He needs to learn how to adapt without Mats, yet within the system he compliments the Bavarian in perfect tandem and is responsible for some of the finest defensive displays in Europe.

Given he is only 24 and grows stronger in duality with Mats, I wouldn't write him off for such mistakes as of yet especially given how vital he has been for Klopp.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:59 am

Subotic is underrated if anything, always in Hummels' shadow. Subotic is just as good as Hummels IMO.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:40 am

Forza wrote:Subotic is underrated if anything, always in Hummels' shadow. Subotic is just as good as Hummels IMO.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:55 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Hummels must be the most overated CB out there

Against Bayern in CL final.... does nothing at all in both goals, just ball watching.

Against Madrid at home, at fault for Madrid's goal.

Against Madrid away, at fault for Madrid's numerous chances.

Destroyed in the Euros by Italy and Van Persie.

Carried by Subotic time and time again and pretty much everytime he's not there he struggles and even when he is there he lets him down by making slow and careless mistakes after mistake.

Just an overrated slow error prone CB, that lacks agressivity, quickness and is useless in the one on one.
Corrected for you.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:48 pm

Forza wrote:Subotic is underrated if anything, always in Hummels' shadow. Subotic is just as good as Hummels IMO.
This is why he's overrated.... he's not even close and constantly makes mistakes in big games and struggles without Hummels by his side.

Why are people blind to this? if Hummels did what Subotic did with Arsenal's goal last night all you would see is tonnes of people laughing at him.

Yet Subotic completely loses Ramsey and its not the only mistake he's made this season as i pointed out he's been at fault for many goals this season and not a word is said.

In fact the opposite you all go out of your way to deny it Laughing

You are all so quiet when Subotic is bad but when Hummels has a bad game ( and believe me Subotic has more bad games than Hummels does) you can't wait to shout it from the rooftops... how is this fair?

Its not the only case.... at the confederation cup when Luiz made a mistake GL couldn't wait to throw him to the dogs..... but when Dante made mistakes and despite playing less than Luiz he made more errors not a word was said.

Why does GL have such double standard and bias towards physical defenders?

Also FreeCat i'll ignore you thanks considering you think Draxler is WC from youtube videos and want to sign him because he's tall and a good dribbler.... stay in Catalunya and be clueless thanks.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next