Art Morte
mr-r34
McAgger
10 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

SAS - Page 3 Empty Re: SAS

Post by Red Alert Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:23 pm

Don't think it was because he was on the flank tbh.

He relishes that role, and he played the same role in the last couple of games now and has played at a great level.

Must of been something at a personal thing. He just did have another kid, maybe a lack of sleep? I don't know. All speculation of course. Doesn't really matter now, it's all in the past and he's got his head back into the cause. :bow:

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 pm

yeah the kids can be frustrating, faacking tried to make out with a girl, realised after going to her home that she has a kid, spent whole evening baby sitting :facepalm:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:20 am

I dont think we get Suarez on the ball as much as we should given his quality during matches. When he plays through the middle he sees more of it. I don't know, I guess if the team is winning I don't mind him on the flanks
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:25 am

mr-r34 wrote:I always knew this would come once sturridge came back, suarez aint going to 'smash' that PL record  Sad 

Just hope that his confidence doesn't erode just because he isn't getting on that score sheet, he still plays a massive part.

Not to worry my friend NORWICH game is still left!!!  Thumbs up 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:28 am

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:yeah the kids can be frustrating, faacking tried to make out with a girl, realised after going to her home that she has a kid, spent whole evening baby sitting :facepalm:

Ohhhhhh HMR going after experienced ones!  :bow: 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:47 am

McAgger wrote:I dont think we get Suarez on the ball as much as we should given his quality during matches. When he plays through the middle he sees more of it. I don't know, I guess if the team is winning I don't mind him on the flanks

It's like playing Henderson on the flanks. While it was in the best interest (and perhaps the only option) for the team, it didn't bring the best out of him. And having a very average wing-back isn't helping him either. This guy thrives on scoring, that's his turn-on.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:29 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:yeah the kids can be frustrating, faacking tried to make out with a girl, realised after going to her home that she has a kid, spent whole evening baby sitting :facepalm:

:bow: :bow: :bow:

post of the season here.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:27 pm

HMR, deception is brutal :bow:

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:29 am

Heil Proud my main man
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:50 pm

I'll do the actual calculations later, but these two make around 85% of our goals this season.

I said 77 in an earlier post, but that doesn't include Gerrard's goals from set pieces. (Winning fouls/penalties aren't recognized as assists.)

HUGE problem/worry in this squad.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:25 pm

I wouldn't say it's a huge problem when we are the 2nd highest scorers in the league. And when you look at the other top teams the situation isn't that different, 2-3 players score lion's share of goals.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:35 pm

Art Morte wrote:I wouldn't say it's a huge problem when we are the 2nd highest scorers in the league. And when you look at the other top teams the situation isn't that different, 2-3 players score lion's share of goals.

Injury, suspension, fatigue, loss of form can be huge problem for us. If you look at other top teams 4-5 players share this amount of goals & assist. While I certainly enjoying their purple-patch, there's no denying of a potential banana-skin either.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:50 pm

It's around 70%, not sure where I was going with the 85. Screwed up the calculations and now I'm too lazy to fix them. :coffee: Still a worry, though.

It's around 75-80% if you add Gerrard into the frame.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:09 pm

iftikhar wrote:
Art Morte wrote:I wouldn't say it's a huge problem when we are the 2nd highest scorers in the league. And when you look at the other top teams the situation isn't that different, 2-3 players score lion's share of goals.

Injury, suspension, fatigue, loss of form can be huge problem for us. If you look at other top teams 4-5 players share this amount of goals & assist. While I certainly enjoying their purple-patch, there's no denying of a potential banana-skin either.

But it's much better when players the furthest forward are scoring the most goals. It kinda says that you are playing well, when it's the strikers that get the scoring opportunities. Also, we've been playing on the counter a lot this season, which further explains our goal-scoring stats.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:11 pm

It'd be a lot more better for us if the goals were spread out, though.

Look at the last game against Arsenal. Sturridge/Suarez didn't have their finishing boots on and we had no other player in the team that looked like they would step up and score. Gerrard was probably the only one that could have but was playing deep.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:17 pm

Red Alert wrote:It'd be a lot more better for us if the goals were spread out, though.

Look at the last game against Arsenal. Sturridge/Suarez didn't have their finishing boots on and we had no other player in the team that looked like they would step up and score. Gerrard was probably the only one that could have but was playing deep.

Chelsea's goals are spread out among several players and it's widely agreed that their problem area are the strikers. When your strikers are scoring, you as a team are playing well, so I don't see the problem.

Look at this season, Sturridge/Suarez have had their finishing boots on and we have the players to support them and play to their strengths. Why should we be looking to create scoring opportunities for worse finishers than SAS when they're playing so well?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:23 pm

I think under Rafa in our best season, I dont rememeber the stats but it was mostly all about Torres and Gerrard. Kuyt and other players were there but the max share/creativity/goals were by both of them. Our problem is our supporting players Coutinho and Sterling or Hendo are not so reliable yet, and that gets exposed specially in big matches. I think if other players start contributing, frrrack we will easily win the the title :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:16 am

Art Morte wrote:
iftikhar wrote:

But it's much better when players the furthest forward are scoring the most goals. It kinda says that you are playing well, when it's the strikers that get the scoring opportunities. Also, we've been playing on the counter a lot this season, which further explains our goal-scoring stats.

You didn't get my point or I couldn't explain. Let's take it this way, how many sitters have Coutinho, Allen, Henderson and Raheem missed!!! At least 10!!! Right!!! So it's not about the efficiency of our strikers but the profligacy of the others. Those goals could have put us even higher and similar misses can cost high.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:18 am

Worth noting that Suarez needs to score 8 goals in the last 12 games to tie the record for most goals in a season in the modern Premiership.

Think he can do it? He's been generating so many chances without reward lately; I really feel like he's due for a large amount of goals.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:12 am

I'm hoping he gets that flurry of goals, he deserves it.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:44 am

Man this little frickin drought probably ruined his chances to shatter a lot of records. Sad
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:43 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Chelsea's goals are spread out among several players and it's widely agreed that their problem area are the strikers. When your strikers are scoring, you as a team are playing well, so I don't see the problem.

Look at this season, Sturridge/Suarez have had their finishing boots on and we have the players to support them and play to their strengths. Why should we be looking to create scoring opportunities for worse finishers than SAS when they're playing so well?

Yeah, and imagine how good Chelsea will be when they get a top class striker when they already have goals from all over their midfield...  

Strikers should be the dominant scorers, I'll agree with that, but we literally have no one that can step up when SAS aren't firing/having a bad day.

Goals from midfield are a must. Henderson/Coutinho/Sterling need to start taking their chances.

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:I think under Rafa in our best season, I dont rememeber the stats but it was mostly all about Torres and Gerrard. Kuyt and other players were there but the max share/creativity/goals were by both of them. Our problem is our supporting players Coutinho and Sterling or Hendo are not so reliable yet, and that gets exposed specially in big matches. I think if other players start contributing, frrrack we will easily win the the title :coffee:

No it wasn't. It was a spreaded throughout the squad.  

We scored 77 goals in the league, with Gerrard and Torres scoring 30 goals. (Gerrard 16, Torres being injured for a quarter of the season with 14)

That leaves 47 goals between the likes of Kuyt, Yossi, Babel and Keane etc. Ugh. Keane was the reason our season went to sh*t. We shouldn't have sold him in January with no replacement coming in. Yeah, he wasn't good and it was probably good that we "cashed in" but we drew way too many games that season because we had no adequate back-up for Torres. We played 3 games in January and dropped 6 points.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:07 pm

Wow. Imagine Alonso, Mascherano and Gerrard behind Suarez, Sterling and Sturridge. :O
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:35 am

El Cujo wrote:Worth noting that Suarez needs to score 8 goals in the last 12 games to tie the record for most goals in a season in the modern Premiership.

Think he can do it? He's been generating so many chances without reward lately; I really feel like he's due for a large amount of goals.

NORWICH! NORWICH! NORWICH!  drinking drinking 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:56 am

Daniel SturridgeVerified account‏@D_Sturridge ·
Chilling right now.. Head right, mind right!! Good to go for the weekend! #hungry #motivated #imready

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:20 pm

SAS - Page 3 ZRG7eIY

F*ck that looks sick.  bounce 
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor