Sri
djoe26
boyzis
urbaNRoots
Jay29
78 posters

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

OFFICIAL: Mesut Özil joins Arsenal - Page 12 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Mesut Özil joins Arsenal

Post by RealGunner Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:44 pm

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: Mesut Özil joins Arsenal - Page 12 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Mesut Özil joins Arsenal

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:16 pm

Probably because thugs now know where he lives and doesn’t feel safe there anymore.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:11 pm

Yeah, he's off to safe, cosy Turkey instead
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:38 am

He isn’t going anywhere lol. Just a different house probably.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Duronto-Roddur Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:10 pm

You guys seem to be the most numerous in this place. It's sad that Arsenal isn't what it used to be. They played some of the most scintillating games in their time.

Duronto-Roddur
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:19 pm

Wenger IN.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:59 pm

the first page of this thread man Cool
what a beautiful day it was Proud
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:47 am

Some select quotes from Ozil's interview with David Ornstein for The Athletic.

On rumours of him leaving:

“No. I have a contract until the summer of 2021 and I will be staying until then.

“When I signed the new deal, I thought about it very carefully and said it was one of the most important decisions of my footballing career. I didn’t want to stay for just one or two more years, I wanted to commit my future to Arsenal and the club wanted me to do the same.

“You can go through difficult times, like this, but that is no reason to run away and I’m not going to. I’m here until at least 2021.

“I said that Arsene Wenger was a big factor in me joining Arsenal — and he was — but ultimately I signed for the club. Even when Arsene announced he was leaving, I wanted to stay because I love playing for Arsenal and that’s why I’ve been here for six years.

“When I moved from Real Madrid, it was a really tough time for Arsenal. But I always believed in what we could do and together we delivered. More recently things have been difficult and a lot has changed. But I’m proud to be an Arsenal player, a fan and I’m happy here. Whenever people see me in the street I always say, ‘This is my home’. I’m going nowhere.”

On Emery/Sanllehi suggesting he's not working hard enough in training to play:

“All I know is what has already been said."

“It’s disappointing, of course. But as a professional footballer, I have to respect the decision of the coach. Not being involved, watching from home, makes me feel helpless.

“I want to be part of the side, I want to support my team-mates to succeed. I’m not training all the time just for the sake of it, I’m ready to play. This should not be about me or the coach, only the club. I have to give everything, be fit and focused, and I’m training hard to be ready.

“Pre-season went very well and although things were disrupted by the [moped] attack, since then I’ve been fully available and when the coach has selected me I’ve been ready, played and always tried to give my best.

“I’ve trained at the same level my whole career but because I’ve not had minutes recently, I’m doing extra work with the fitness coach and in the gym to get even fitter than normal. I know what is needed and believe in myself.”

On being singled out for criticism when Arsenal lose a big game:

“It always happens that an ex-player stands there on TV and criticises me.”

“Others just continue the theme and it gets in everyone’s heads.

“If we don’t do well in a ‘big’ game, it’s always my fault. If that’s true, how do you explain our results in the ‘big’ games when I wasn’t involved? There’s no real difference. I know people expect me to offer more, dictate play and make the difference — I do, too — but it’s not that straightforward.

“I’m not the only player in the team and, don’t forget, some of our opponents are simply better than us. Also, what is a ‘big’ or ‘small’ game? In the Premier League, anyone can beat anyone. Look at Wolves and Norwich beating Man City, or Newcastle and West Ham beating Man United.

“So you can’t say my good performances only came in ‘small’ games because these games don’t really exist. The intensity is there in every match and often the ‘small’ teams raise their standard against the ‘big’ teams.

“I also get really frustrated when I miss a game through illness and people question if it is genuine. Yes, it happened a few times — usually in the winter — but what am I supposed to do? If you knew me, you would know it takes a lot for me to miss a game and I have never used sickness as an excuse. Actually the opposite. I played many games when I was ill or had injuries. Before the Champions League game against Bayern Munich [in March 2017], I was sick and Arsene told me I was not in the squad because of that. The next morning, the guys from Arsenal called me and said, ‘Listen, you have to come to the stadium, you have to be in the squad’. Despite my illness, I joined the squad and played the last 20 minutes.

“Most players don’t play when injured or sick — it influences your game, you can’t give everything — but I was always available unless it was impossible.”

He also stressed there's no problem with Emery despite "not seeing eye-to-eye on everything".

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:58 am

I’m not training all the time just for the sake of it, I’m ready to play. This should not be about me or the coach, only the club. I have to give everything, be fit and focused, and I’m training hard to be ready.

hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:40 pm

Of course he's going to stay until the end of his contract, no club are going to pay this Özil anywhere near what he makes at Arsenal rofl
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:25 pm

Never underestimate the Chinese league, mate
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:08 pm

Everything he said seems very calculated rather than genuine.

I mean say whatever you want about Emery but he is the same manger who has made a 17 year old a regular. Brought back chambers because of his form. Plays Willock and Martinelli in the first team despite their ages.

Why wouldn't he play Ozil if things were all good lol?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:36 pm

Emery said today Ozil has been better in training the last two/three weeks, so we'll see if he's involved against Sheffield United.

Tbh though, I believe Ozil is done at this level. His vision and technical quality are still unmatched in the squad, but the game has changed, and now speed and athleticism are the most important traits. Every team wants to run harder and faster now. Unfortunately, you're just not going to get that from Ozil. He's a modern day Riquelme/Valeron.

Mata at United has the same problem. You watch him play and see all the technique and creativity others don't have, but he's so much slower than everyone else on the pitch.

I kinda wish Emery just admitted it, rather than dance around this issue with fitness. He doesn't use an old style no. 10 and, in fairness, neither do a lot of managers at this level. If Arsenal replaced Emery tomorrow with a more attacking coach - like Tuchel for example - I feel he'd run into the same problem.

Ultimately, that huge salary means Ozil can never justifiably be a sub or rotation option, either. So the only solutions are for Ozil to change his game (not impossible - David Silva transitioned from flighty no. 10 to hustling no. 8 in his 30s) or go somewhere where his style of play would be more valued/useful.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:49 pm

Hard to imagine this is the same Ozil that destroyed Gareth Barry in a foot race to latch on to a ball and square it to Muller in the 2010 world cup
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:58 pm

Jay29 wrote:Emery said today Ozil has been better in training the last two/three weeks, so we'll see if he's involved against Sheffield United.

Tbh though, I believe Ozil is done at this level. His vision and technical quality are still unmatched in the squad, but the game has changed, and now speed and athleticism are the most important traits. Every team wants to run harder and faster now. Unfortunately, you're just not going to get that from Ozil. He's a modern day Riquelme/Valeron.

Mata at United has the same problem. You watch him play and see all the technique and creativity others don't have, but he's so much slower than everyone else on the pitch.

I kinda wish Emery just admitted it, rather than dance around this issue with fitness. He doesn't use an old style no. 10 and, in fairness, neither do a lot of managers at this level. If Arsenal replaced Emery tomorrow with a more attacking coach - like Tuchel for example - I feel he'd run into the same problem.

Ultimately, that huge salary means Ozil can never justifiably be a sub or rotation option, either. So the only solutions are for Ozil to change his game (not impossible - David Silva transitioned from flighty no. 10 to hustling no. 8 in his 30s) or go somewhere where his style of play would be more valued/useful.

Perfectly said

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:35 pm

David Silva even when he was played higher had the tendency to drop and collect the ball and be more involved in middle 3rd plus he was always(in somewhat unnoticeable way)dirty player who would commit a lot of tactical fouls
just cant see Ö turning to that type of player,not at high level at least

would love to be proven wrong but unfortunately he is done
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:44 pm

He really looks extremely unmotivated whenever he plays, and even in the club training videos, he seems just off the pace of everyone else. There was one video in pre-season where he was doing a stretch that I could easily do, and he was struggling and claiming that his back hurt Laughing I'm sorry, but that sounds like a guy at the end of his athletic prime.

We all would love to see him thrive now that we have an exciting front line ahead of our midfield, but there's no way he's the player that he used to be if Emery won't even put him on the bench and his quality used to be undeniable. I don't think it's some secret disagreement between him and the boss as some might suggest either (like AFTV) because I really don't think anyone in their right mind wouldn't play him unless he truly was not as good as the other guys anymore.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Duronto-Roddur Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:54 pm

Hi! I'm new in this forum. I just read an article that says Ozil have missed over 100 games. Now that can't be all due to injuries? What's the issue with him?

Duronto-Roddur
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:58 pm

Duronto-Roddur wrote:Hi! I'm new in this forum. I just read an article that says Ozil have missed over 100 games. Now that can't be all due to injuries? What's the issue with him?

It‘s a combination of injuries and Emery leaving him out in the last two years for whatever reasons.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Duronto-Roddur Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:07 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
Duronto-Roddur wrote:Hi! I'm new in this forum. I just read an article that says Ozil have missed over 100 games. Now that can't be all due to injuries? What's the issue with him?

It‘s a combination of injuries and Emery leaving him out in the last two years for whatever reasons.
Bad attitude? Don't fit the system?

Duronto-Roddur
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:11 pm

Ozil doesn't fit Emery's style of hustling, running, playing sideways football.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:31 pm

I think there is something behind the scenes going on with him and the club. But the fans deserve to know what.

He can train withe the first team, he can train with the U23 side, he even played in a pre-season friendly (not televised) But he can't play in carabao cup 3rd round?

What is going on here?

At this point it's safe to say we will never see him again.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:34 am

which i'm fine with, there is no point of will he/wont he with Ozil right now. The system is working for Arteta and lets build long term plan. As for reason why, I suppose we will find out in his book in the future.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:46 am

https://arseblog.news/2020/09/arteta-on-ozil-i-pick-the-players-who-are-in-better-condition-to-play/

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:12 am

it's so boring, and what makes all of this possible is our stupid fans who are hung up on Ozil who has clearly fallen off the cliff. If they didn't make a woo-hah about it, these modern day click bait journalists would actually do some proper journalism
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:25 pm

There wouldn't be woo-hah if he wasn't eating 18m a year for not even making it to league cup bench.

Also, Arsene-esque dodging from Arteta there Proud

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next