Official: Gabriel Martinelli Joins Arsenal

3 posters

Go down

Official: Gabriel Martinelli Joins Arsenal Empty Official: Gabriel Martinelli Joins Arsenal

Post by Sina Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:30 pm

Official: Gabriel Martinelli Joins Arsenal Martinelli%2022%20190626PAFC

Brazilian forward Gabriel Martinelli is joining us from Ituano Futebol Clube on a long-term contract.

Gabriel has made rapid progress during his short time at Ituano. Since making his debut in November 2017 aged just 16 years and nine months, the young forward scored 10 goals from his 34 appearances for the Sao Paulo-based club.

The 18-year-old’s development was also recently acknowledged by the Brazilian national team, with a call-up to the full squad for a training camp in May ahead of the Copa America.

Gabriel was voted as the 2019 Best Newcomer and also a member of the 2019 Team of the Year for the Campeonato Paulista - the football league for the state of Sao Paulo.

The deal is subject to the completion of regulatory processes.

Gabriel will shortly join up with his new team mates for pre-season training.

Official: Gabriel Martinelli Joins Arsenal Martinelli%201%20190627PAFC
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Official: Gabriel Martinelli Joins Arsenal Empty Re: Official: Gabriel Martinelli Joins Arsenal

Post by Sina Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:43 pm

Gabriel Martinelli joined the club on Tuesday - and you can watch his first interview with Arsenal Player right here.

The Brazilian teenager discussed his emotions at signing for us, who he models his game on and who he looks up to.

Good afternoon Gabriel and welcome to Arsenal. Arsenal fans are very happy to have you here at the club. Could you let the fans know what kind of player you are?

I am a player who gives his all at all times, I play as a team and always looking to win games and win trophies.

Which player do you model your game on?

I model my game on Cristiano Ronaldo, he is a player who works hard, pushing himself to the next level. Always in the run for titles and individual trophies.

Are there any players that you look up to?

I look up to Cristiano Ronaldo, Messi and Neymar as they are players who can decide games and are very professional, who dedicate themselves to the whole game.

What excites you most about this opportunity at Arsenal?

It is a dream since I was a child and also my family’s dream for me to be playing in Europe and playing for a big team like Arsenal. I am going to take this opportunity.

How did it feel to pull on that Arsenal shirt for the first time?

A very big moment, I am very grateful for everything, I am grateful to God and I will try to make the most out of it.

Do you know the history of the Brazilian players who have played for Arsenal?

I know a few. I know Edu, Denilson and I know that they have a lot of history at the club. Edu, in particular, I had a little contact with him at Corinthians as I had a spell there and I know they had a lot of success here but also for the national team. I am going to try to follow the same route.

You recently trained with the Brazil national team in preparation for the Copa America. What was the feeling of being there? How did you find out about the call up?

It was an amazing feeling, a dream come true, being able to be beside great players. I was home when I got the news and I was super happy. It is a great opportunity to learn and I enjoyed it as much as I could and I have to thank the team for welcoming me with open arms.

https://www.arsenal.com/news/such-big-moment-me
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Official: Gabriel Martinelli Joins Arsenal Empty Re: Official: Gabriel Martinelli Joins Arsenal

Post by El Gunner Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:37 pm

I think he seemed dynamic and excited and able to spark up something when he came on on the flank today.

I would likely Emery to give him more opportunities in the league throughout this season. He looks like he is hungry and has the ability to do something.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:39 pm

Tbh benching Pepe should be the next step if he is going to stink up the place.

We really miss Lacazette man. But if he is injured then go for Saka-Auba-Martinelli.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:47 pm

https://pmanalytics.wordpress.com/2020/08/05/gabriel-martinelli-player-analysis/

He has got the talent/hunger/attitude
Just needs to improve his understanding of the game which will come with age
Gonna be so good in couple of years time provided no further injuries
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:53 pm

He is Dat guy!
That pacey goal scoring wide forward we have been waiting for
Hopefully he continues to get better and better
Touch wood
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:58 pm

yup!!
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down