Sri
djoe26
boyzis
urbaNRoots
Jay29
78 posters

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

OFFICIAL: Mesut Özil joins Arsenal - Page 7 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Mesut Özil joins Arsenal

Post by Twoism Mon 9 Sep 2013 - 1:08

Smile Sina all good, just some fun, Ozil passing is better than Messi imo. Other than that, messi doesnt play that position enough to judge. Of course Messi is overall better, he's freaking alien.

Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: Mesut Özil joins Arsenal - Page 7 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Mesut Özil joins Arsenal

Post by Gemini Mon 9 Sep 2013 - 1:24

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Need I mention for all the people that claim that Ozil is the best 10 in the world that Messi plays as such for Argentina?
That explains why Ozil is better for international football then

Gemini
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Mon 9 Sep 2013 - 1:59

Gemini wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Need I mention for all the people that claim that Ozil is the best 10 in the world that Messi plays as such for Argentina?
That explains why Ozil is better for international football then
OFFICIAL: Mesut Özil joins Arsenal - Page 7 Tumblr_lsmxo6ZaDq1qi2b5no1_500
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon 9 Sep 2013 - 2:04

Except that's a clearly not true statement Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon 9 Sep 2013 - 2:12

People, for Mesut vs Messi ---> Right Back Section

Here: Mesut Özil worship :bow:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon 9 Sep 2013 - 2:18

Ozil revealed that discussions with the Arsenal manager prompted him to consider his squad status at Madrid and influenced his move to the Premier League.

“In some way, that conversation flicked a switch in me and made me realise what I had lost at Madrid: transparency, trust, respect," Ozil told Die Welt.

"He [Wenger] told me exactly how he saw me, how he wanted to use me, what he expected of me.

"I cannot do anything about the transfer fee. I would have come for free, too."

OFFICIAL: Mesut Özil joins Arsenal - Page 7 Tumblr_mshrnfwIeV1qhw7gpo1_500
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon 9 Sep 2013 - 3:21

Raptorgunner wrote:Ozil revealed that discussions with the Arsenal manager prompted him to consider his squad status at Madrid and influenced his move to the Premier League.

“In some way, that conversation flicked a switch in me and made me realise what I had lost at Madrid: transparency, trust, respect," Ozil told Die Welt.

"He [Wenger] told me exactly how he saw me, how he wanted to use me, what he expected of me.

"I cannot do anything about the transfer fee. I would have come for free, too."

OFFICIAL: Mesut Özil joins Arsenal - Page 7 Tumblr_mshrnfwIeV1qhw7gpo1_500
Bro pls - January Wenger will have a talk with Suarez, next summer Reus.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Mon 9 Sep 2013 - 4:27

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Gil wrote:Mata > Ozil

He's better than our other players though.
Same Mata whose been benched by Werder Bremen legend Kevin De Bruyne lol?

The only 10 who has a say at being better is Fabregas.
Thumbs up
Cesc > Ozil > Mata
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Mon 9 Sep 2013 - 8:34

I think Mata is just as good as Ozil. Ozil has more experience and has a more polished technique than Mata.

And can we please stop the Cesc comparisons? Let him sit and enjoy himself in Barca.

By that time he thinks of going back to Arsenal, Zelalm should be ready. I mean, he has Rosicky, Arteta and Ozil to learn from. I say that is more than enough.
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon 9 Sep 2013 - 12:03

Meanwhile, back in Spain:

Catalan press criticise Real Madrid over damaging Ozil leaks, after Arsenal transfer
Marca accuse Özil of poor attitude
El Mundo claim Özil's "weakness to beautiful women" was a major factor in Madrid selling him
ABC questions Özil's professionalism

This is all getting a bit bitter, isn't it?

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoReus Mon 9 Sep 2013 - 12:08

what's with the tirade on ozil???

his been called a sensitive player and wanted to feel important to a team

spainish media looking pathetic attacking him

heard ozil outsold bale shirts 5:1... heh
MarcoReus
MarcoReus
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Mon 9 Sep 2013 - 13:58

Ozil

"dear fans,
role reversal, doctor injured. klaus eder is not flying with us today, he is staying at home. torn muscle fibre, fractured finger. get well soon klaus."
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Mon 9 Sep 2013 - 13:59

about new new negative articles coming on for Ozil.. this is poor media sesationalism trying to take advantage of both the sides of the coin.. first they start praising him, everyone does, so no more market value for such articles.. so now they go for the negatives on the same subject which attracts more readers..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon 9 Sep 2013 - 15:28

Mertesacker: "Arsene Wenger has asked me what I thought of Özil, & the answer was obvious"Razz 
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon 9 Sep 2013 - 20:12

OFFICIAL: Mesut Özil joins Arsenal - Page 7 Tumblr_m9p76cm1rw1rb6ybjo1_500
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Mon 9 Sep 2013 - 20:33

Wilson37 wrote:about new new negative articles coming on for Ozil.. this is poor media sesationalism trying to take advantage of both the sides of the coin.. first they start praising him, everyone does, so no more market value for such articles.. so now they go for the negatives on the same subject which attracts more readers..
Practically the same thing happened when Robinho left for City.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon 9 Sep 2013 - 21:06

Everyone who lives a "party" lifestyle in Spain gets roasted for it...  I mean Ronaldinho, who was a much bigger and better player, got it.

The only guys who get spared are the Spanish ones.

If you don't want to make the gossip stories, don't give anything for the papers to gossip about.

That said, the thing that is being criticized is that Ozil has had stamina problems his whole career.  He can't finish games and he doesn't track back.  Media are saying that he should not have led such a lifestyle if he could not perform at his optimum on the pitch.

I hope he changes his off the pitch habits at Arsenal. You can have a life as long as it doesn't affect your job...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon 9 Sep 2013 - 21:27

Mou might have turned a blind eye, but Wenger has always encouraged his players to adhere to a strict regime of healthy eating, taking vitamins and saying prayers
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Mon 9 Sep 2013 - 22:50

Lex wrote:Mou might have turned a blind eye, but Wenger has always encouraged his players to adhere to a strict regime of healthy eating, taking vitamins and saying prayers
Sounds like an impossibly powerful alliance between Wengermania and Hulkamania.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Thu 12 Sep 2013 - 14:16

Mesut Özil
dear fans,
london calling Smile finally it's starting - my first training as a "gunner"!
#ozilisagunner #arsenalfc

OFFICIAL: Mesut Özil joins Arsenal - Page 7 7669_10151837199714663_8105676_n

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu 12 Sep 2013 - 14:36

OFFICIAL: Mesut Özil joins Arsenal - Page 7 BT9NfR7CYAAJPJJ
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu 12 Sep 2013 - 15:57

Wenger: Ozil signing is a statement of intent
"Of course [it’s a statement]," Wenger said. "We had to go through some years with restricted financial potential and the target was to stay in the Champions League during this period.

"We were able to do it and now we are strong financially. The best thing is to spend the money in an efficient way. That means to strengthen the team and spend money you can afford to spend."
"Honestly, I think it was linked with the Bale transfer," Wenger added. "I don’t know why Madrid sold him - was it financial reasons? Was it because they had to let somebody go? I was surprised, yes.

"He’s already a great player but there’s room between 25 and 30 to become a dominant player. That’s the age range when you step up from very good to great.

"I wouldn’t say it was an easy deal. It was very complicated because the timing was short. On Sunday, just before the Tottenham game, I thought we had managed to do it. We were 90 per cent there."
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu 12 Sep 2013 - 17:02

Madrid sold him because we thought Bale is better... time will tell.  I think Bale has proven he can shoulder the burden of being "the man" with his pace + scoring + leadership, while Ozil is better technically.  I don't think Madrid lost anything by selling Ozil given the circustances.  In fact, since the only place that Ozil had available to him was RAM, i think Bale is a clear upgrade in that position.

The true comparison is Isco and Ozil... and Isco had clearly outperformed Ozil in the 10 games since the start of preseason + he's only 21 + he's just as talented as Ozil.

You can't play two 10s on the same team... especially given that Carlo doesn't play a 10 to begin with lol.  Isco adapted to being a LAM and Ozil couldn't make it as a RAM and knew he was about to get benched.

In the end, Arsenal benefited by Madrid having too many players + changing tactically.  Win-win for both sides.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu 12 Sep 2013 - 18:42

Fxck you all!
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Thu 12 Sep 2013 - 21:58

Swagg wrote:Fxck you all!
The contrast between this and the previous comment by a Real Madrid fan :bow:
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Thu 12 Sep 2013 - 22:14

It would be delirious to choose a player based on mainly pre season games, and that's in normal circumstances. When one of them is actually fasting, well, yeah, can't believe pre season performances played a part. It's more likely Madrid had to prioritize isco as he was the latest big signing. They've put their money on isco, and right now, who knows if it's a wise choice or a blunder.

Isco is 21, well 24 is a better age, still an entire career ahead at 24 as well as experience under your belt.

Now is isco as talented? Looking at it objectively I think it's too early to tell. Their strengths are not exactly the same
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next