McAgger
Sina
SUPERCARTTS
EL Patron
RedOranje
65 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Sina Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:58 am

Telegraph wrote:Wenger would also like to add to his goalkeeping options but it is understood that a £6 million offer for Valencia’s Vicente Guaita, has been rejected. Guaita did not start regularly for Valencia last season but is expected to play a more prominent role this year and is valued by the Spanish club at £20 million.
Stoke’s Asmir Begovic is also an option and, although there has been no bid from Arsenal, Stoke City will delay sending Jack Butland out on loan amid fears of a move. Arsenal had a bid rejected for Begovic in January, with Stoke wanting around £12 million.
Seriously Arsene
Damn

Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Wilson37 Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:38 am

VendettaRed07 wrote:I feel like I am the only one who rates Fellaini
i dont think anyone under rates Fellaini.. he would have costed 23 million and many fans hoped for bigger and better signings.. now we know that we were not really interested in signing anyone, majority will welcome him with closed eyes anyday.. but now his 23m clause has expired and he will cost more.. and not to forget competition from manure :facepalm:
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:58 am

His 23m clause expired ? I thought that it was activated in late August.

But still I think an offer around there clause or no would get it done and for our squad I think it would be worth it. He's not the best option but he would be a good one I think he's a pretty good player and can give us a different dimension.

There are a lot of players I would rather have but they seen much further put of reach
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:29 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:We're looking at Di Maria as well, apparently, as well as a keeper and defensive player:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23790314
why are there so many rumours about RM first team players..
Casillas, Benzema, Di Maria,.....
is Real Madrdid that desperate to find money for Bale by selling quality first team players..and do they have a good striker other than Benzema.. they have already lost Higuain and there is 100% no chance of them selling Benzema.. hmm
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:39 am

----------Benzema-----------
DiMaria---Cazorla----Walcott
------Ramsey---Fellaini------
Nacho--Kos---Sakho--Sagna
________Casillas________

VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:39 am

Wilson37 wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:We're looking at Di Maria as well, apparently, as well as a keeper and defensive player:

is Real Madrdid that desperate to find money for Bale by selling quality first team players..and do they have a good striker other than Benzema.. they have already lost Higuain and there is 100% no chance of them selling Benzema.. hmm
benzema will be on the bench, with bale and isco coming in, there is only one spot for an out and out striker, that position is ronaldo's,

isco-ronaldo-bale

They also really want to promote jese and marrota as the future Spanish players. moreover they need the money aswell, they have spent wayyyy too much if you include bale.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:57 am

VendettaRed07 wrote:His 23m clause expired ? I thought that it was activated in late August.

But still I think an offer around there clause or no would get it done and for our squad I think it would be worth it. He's not the best option but he would be a good one I think he's a pretty good player and can give us a different dimension.

There are a lot of players I would rather have but they seen much further put of reach
Yeah, Martinez said the clause has expired
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:37 am

BILD: Schalke, Wolfsburg, Galaltasaray & Spurs have all enquired about Arsenal's Lukas Podolski. http://bit.ly/16e7Xkp

You just wonder about Podolski & the strong link with Schalke. Should we get in a Di Maria or a Benzema (or both - or any other attacking players for that matter), will his time be up?
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:51 am

I'm just worried about how much time we have to get big deals done before the transfer window closes.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Error Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:20 am

REWB wrote:
Wilson37 wrote:

benzema will be on the bench, with bale and isco coming in, there is only one spot for an out and out striker, that position is ronaldo's,

isco-ronaldo-bale

They also really want to promote jese and marrota as the future Spanish players. moreover they need the money aswell, they have spent wayyyy too much if you include bale.
Oh god, how we can survive when we have spent so much?! Perez took a huge loan to cover that 9 million spending...
From transfermarkt:
Players in: total 63.800.000 £
Players out: total 56.760.000 £

In other words, thanks to Napoli (or actually PSG) we won't have much cash problems to buy Bale if we really end up buying him. And we're definitely not selling Casillas. It's just some tabloid trash. If someone goes (in case Bale comes) then it will be quite likely only one of Benzema or Di Maria, not both. Morata or/and Jese might go on loan in that case too. It would be suicide to go into season with two quite unproven youngsters as a main backups despite of their talent.
Error
Error
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:23 am

We don't play podolski enough. I honestly wouldn't blame him if he left. But I don't think he will this window
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:40 am

The thing with benzema though is that he feels he can beat out any competition at Madrid... so my feeling is that he'll talk to the coaches and if they say he'll get a fair shake, he'll compete.

But if he plays little, he will be available in the winter.

That's my take on it. Benz has no desire to leave now unless he's forced to. Zidane has been tasked with focusing on Benz, Ozil and Isco... Benz feels he can learn a lot.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:48 am

But then again, here's Raul:

http://www.rmcsport.fr/info/512070/real-madrid-un-retour-raul/

"A return to Real Madrid? It's always in the back of my mind..."

Maybe there is something lol
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:32 pm

Chumlum wrote:The only possible rationale that is still a fraction justifiable for Arsenal's inaction in the market is that they were waiting to secure CL group stages for marquee players. They've pretty much secured that now.

Now I don't really expect 70-100m in signings. But...

I think overall, keeping it late has hurt the club and the squad. But if Wenger were to make serious signings in the next ten days (a really big IF!) he'd do a lot to help salvage the window. Plus people who were savagely critical of him - BTW I'm not saying he's above criticism - would have to eat humble pie. We'll see. I hope for the good of the club AW breaks habit and goes big.
I'm not eating shit until the end of the season. I want Wenger to pack it in altogether; not just spend money. Ok, he signs, say, Di Maria, Begovic & Kondogbia - that doesn't means he's off the hook, bruh
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:35 pm

Sina wrote:
Telegraph wrote:Wenger would also like to add to his goalkeeping options but it is understood that a £6 million offer for Valencia’s Vicente Guaita, has been rejected. Guaita did not start regularly for Valencia last season but is expected to play a more prominent role this year and is valued by the Spanish club at £20 million.
Stoke’s Asmir Begovic is also an option and, although there has been no bid from Arsenal, Stoke City will delay sending Jack Butland out on loan amid fears of a move. Arsenal had a bid rejected for Begovic in January, with Stoke wanting around £12 million.
Seriously Arsene
Damn
Pa! Imagine that. In a post yesterday I wrote that Wenger probably wasn't keen on paying stoke over £10m for Beg'. So Wenger, allegedly, offers a pack of magic beans for a keeper with a €25m clause. I'm confused.
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:03 pm

SUPERCARTTS wrote:
Chumlum wrote:The only possible rationale that is still a fraction justifiable for Arsenal's inaction in the market is that they were waiting to secure CL group stages for marquee players. They've pretty much secured that now.

Now I don't really expect 70-100m in signings. But...

I think overall, keeping it late has hurt the club and the squad. But if Wenger were to make serious signings in the next ten days (a really big IF!) he'd do a lot to help salvage the window. Plus people who were savagely critical of him - BTW I'm not saying he's above criticism - would have to eat humble pie. We'll see. I hope for the good of the club AW breaks habit and goes big.
I'm not eating shit until the end of the season. I want Wenger to pack it in altogether; not just spend money. Ok, he signs, say, Di Maria, Begovic & Kondogbia - that doesn't means he's off the hook, bruh
Pretty much, even the best team needs pre season to gel, now panic buy is must but still this summer is a big fail regardless who we could bring in the next 10 days.

Btw Lyon is about to crash big time out of CL, maybe it's time to raid some of their players. Bisevac, Grenier and Gonalons.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:17 pm

here is Afro man under Martinez
Fellaini vs Norwich:

23M you say?
if he was 10M i wouldn't mind him
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:42 pm

REWB wrote:
Wilson37 wrote:

isco-ronaldo-bale

@Wilson, it's not RM issuing transfer rumors in the press, it's desperate journalists trying to make a buck

@Rewb, we dont have cash problems at this point. we sold more than we bought this summer so far, and do you really expect us to pay for Bale in a single cash payment? we havent even finished paying for Modric lol.

Bale is on a 4 year payment plan, Spurs will have to sell that to a bank to get cash money now.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:02 pm

Arsene Wenger has suffered more humiliation in the transfer market.

Valencia president Amadeo Salvo rejected Arsenal's £6million move for their goalkeeper Vicente Guaita, and called the bid "absolutely insufficient."

Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-transfers-vicente-guaita-bid-2202270#ixzz2chcdoZqy

Thumbs up Thumbs up rofl rofl rofl

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:06 pm

rofl
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:11 pm

I swear I just want us to stop bidding and move on. We are really driving teams crazy with our bids. I dont think we have made 1 bid that is realistic.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:17 pm

£45 million for Suarez was very realistic and very sensible
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:22 pm

I think our bid for suarez was fair and realistic.... that is untill Liverpool decided that he was valued 10 milli higher. Cant say I fault them though.

Looking back, perhaps it wasnt smart on our board to make public statements about our "cash in reserve". Ultimately, every one wanted to charge us premium because they knew we were loaded. Now with Bale gone to madrid for the brice thats been quoted, you will have scrubby teams over valuate their players.

So with their logic a player who is half as productive as the welsh monkey deserves to be sold for around half the price of what bale is being valued at!? lol GTFOH

Honestly, looking at this scenario... I would not mind if the European leagues (Uefa) adopted a salary cap system.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 1991 Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:28 pm

What makes you think it was ever the boards intention of spending money? It was smart from their perspective, whip up optimism (no coincidence Gazidiz statements on the Arsenal home page had a big season ticket renewls link under it), & when Arsenal inevitably spend f all Gazidis can shift the blame to the manager.
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:41 pm

The La Liga expert told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast show this morning:

“The dream for Madrid is not simply to complete the [Gareth] Bale deal but to swap around their strikeforce.

“Benzema has not convinced over the last ten months and was booed off at the weekend when substituted, despite scoring.

“Madrid see a scenario where they are willing to trade Benzema to get the money to try to go after [Luis] Suarez. That’s their strategy.”
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:45 pm

I highly doubt the board bid £45million with absolute confidence it would be rejected. That's a very good price for Suarez, they'd look awfully stupid if Liverpool had accepted that and they didn't have the actual intention of paying up. Enough of the conspiratorial nonsense. We will spend.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next