SUPERCARTTS
Raptorgunner
Sina
MarcoReus
EL Patron
58 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by 6unner Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:19 pm

RealGunner wrote:http://indigo-alliance.com/bliss/there-is-no-need-to-be-upset-meme-311.jpg

Yea one more year of dreaming of what could have been.
The dream of our past glory fading to distant years gone by.

Last edited by 6unner on Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by furiouswindbottom Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:20 pm

We could always blow 50m on Rooney.

He'll be fine as long as nobody else scored more than him. We'll have to tell Theo to miss a few, Giroud to play at centre back and Poldi to only shoot with his right foot.

But hey, it'll be worth it won't it?

Not keen on Roon as you can tell!
furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:36 pm

Lol. I'm not keen on Suarez, myself. However, if we signed him I wouldn't cry about it; I'd embrace it.

When you look back to last summer as well as this summer, the list of people we've been linked with has been shocking. I think RG or Goonerjay once made a list, and my jaw dropped.

It begs the question: were we actually, possibly, interested in these names or was it a PR stunt to stave of the not-so-fickle Arsenal fans?! I'd strongly go along with the later, at this stage anyway. Take for example the M'Vila rumour - at one stage he was actually at The Colney training with us...then ends up in Russia. Rumour has it that his attitude and temperament wasn't right. Yet we're going after a player who's been charged with racial and physical abuse by the FA.

Something doesn't add up.
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:45 pm

Twitter rumors (no credible sources yet) that Monaco want Cazorla for 44m. I don't believe them, but what struck me was how many Gooners seemed perfectly fine with the idea, simply because it represented such a profit.

The underrating/undervaluing of Cazorla by certain pockets of Gooners makes my heart hurt. I love that little guy.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:47 pm

@ MartinCharquero: Arsenal could revive bid for Luis Suarez tomorrow. hmm 

I wont lie, I was excited about Suarez but now losing interest in him.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:57 pm

Arsene Wenger has admitted Arsenal’s focus on promising youngsters has contributed to the departure of key players in the past.

The north London side's failure to win silverware since 2005 has attributed to the sale of key players - such as Cesc Fabregas to Barcelona and Robin van Persie to Manchester United.

And Wenger has admitted he feels players have questioned his methods at periods during their ongoing eight-year trophy drought, both in the squad and potential new recruits.

"The egos are big, but you must know that a person, no matter how big a star he is, is ready to listen to you if it meets his needs," he explained.

"Unfortunately in management, you cannot cheat for a long time. When you are in a squad of 30 people, the players detect at a huge speed the weakness in your personality. If they think you are the man who can help them, they will respect you.

"The next step for them is deciding whether they are in a squad who can help them to be successful. We had that problem when we were under financially-restricted conditions.

"At Arsenal we have fought against the policy of only buying stars. For some players, we didn't have enough stars to be successful as quickly as they wanted to be."

The arrival of Patrick Vieira in 1996 began a succession of youthful stars who went on to great success - including the likes of Thierry Henry, Fabregas and Van Persie - and Wenger says a player's success is just as much down to mental strength than potential talent.

"One of our strengths is young people know we will give them a chance. We try to look all over the world to find players who have the talent and desire," he explained.

"But what we look for is their motivation to be successful. You also need consistency in your motivation and that is what we try to test in players as well.

"For me that is a very underrated quality. It means they are determined and they are ready to hurt themselves to be successful, and that's the type we are looking for - the people that are very demanding with themselves, and each other for a long time."
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:19 pm

Window closes Sep 2nd. Suarez can't play domestically until Sep 28th. Patience. :coffee: 
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:15 pm

Malaga manager Schuster tells 'El Desmarque Malaga':

"Bendtner was almost impossible financially. He wants to continue making money rather than play football."

http://eldesmarquemalaga.com/malaga-noticias/32441-schuster-qel-problema-no-es-el-9-sino-lo-que-hay-alrededorq
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:19 pm

POS. Release him. Don't care how much that cost.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:23 pm

Should have been training with the under 21, Wenger has been too nice with him.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:32 pm

RealGunner wrote:http://indigo-alliance.com/bliss/there-is-no-need-to-be-upset-meme-311.jpg

dat big gorilla face
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:52 pm

Mirror Laughing Rolling Eyes
Mirror contradict their own story on Suarez bid
http://gossip.ladyarse.com/arsenal/2013/07/29/mirror-contradict-their-own-story-on-suarez-bid/
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:59 pm

Ah Lets shop in England is back

@barcastuff

The alternatives for main centre back options David Luiz and Agger are Kompany (City), Vertonghen (Tottenham) and Vermaelen (Arsenal) [md]

they can have Miquel :coffee:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:08 am

since there is nothing happening lets recycle some quotes Razz

-Marco Reus in 2011: "I think everyone has their favourite club. I was always a fan of Arsenal, because I appreciate their style of play."
-Marco Reus in April 2013: "My idol was always Tomas Rosicky. He is phenomenal. I copied everything about him, right down to his sweatbands."
-(In April) Reporter: Would you consider moving to the PL? Reus: "You should never say never. But I have a contract with a team I love."[via@MessiMinutes]

Proud Heart
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:11 am

I still can't believe he wasn't in our radar before leaving for Dortmund, we could have had him instead of Gervais. Wenger's cheap ways Clubber 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:13 am

He was on our radar. We were one of the clubs interested in him the month he moved to Dortmund and Wenger had been in contact with Lehmann about him. Reus only wanted Dortmund, though, since he was born there and all.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:31 am

i remember back then rafa honigstein wanted to give us and idea of what type of player he is and compared him to Ashley Young rofl
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:36 am

Pundits are such fails, how the fck does Reus compare to Ashley young rofl 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:52 am

Looool Where is Ashley Young these days
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:17 am

Sina wrote:Ah Lets shop in England is back

@barcastuff

The alternatives for main centre back options David Luiz and Agger are Kompany (City), Vertonghen (Tottenham) and Vermaelen (Arsenal) [md]

they can have Miquel :coffee:

Let them have Vermaelen, we get Sakho... everyone except Barca wins Proud
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by <(^^,)> Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:47 pm

Arsenal will miss out on Toulouse star Etienne Capoue, as hes on the verge of joining Cardiff according to the Sun website.

The French powerhouse is rated as one of the best defensive midfielders in Europe and has been on the radar of boss Arsene Wenger, who needs a player like him in the centre of the park.

However, he has failed to make any sort of move and now City have agreed a £9.6million fee with Toulouse for the 25-year-old midfielder,

Boss Malky Mackay said: “It’s pretty delicate but we are in negotiations.”

Meanwhile,

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is reportedly keeping his eye on Everton star Marouane Fellaini, as he considers his first real move for the Belgian star, according to the Daily Mirror website.

He would give us a presence in the midfield that we do not have and could be one of the buy of the summer.

He was in brilliant form last season for Everton and showed the Premier League and the rest of Europe that he is ready for the next step up in his career.

But it would need an offer of £23m to seal the deal.

However, Wenger is once again waiting until the very last minute to get his deals done and it is much more likely that the Everton star stays in Merseyside rather than makes a summer move to the Emirates.

Its absolute madness that we're gonna miss out on Capoue who can be signed for under 10mio and yet are ready to pay Everton 23mio for Fellaini and play him a position in which he hasn't played for the last 2 years... Rolling Eyes
<(^^,)>
<(^^,)>
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by <(^^,)> Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:50 pm

Arsenal star Gervinho will finalise the deal taking him to Roma this week, according to reports on the TalkSport website

The Ivorian is likely to be sold this summer after failing to win over the fans at the Emirates, with Roma his likely destination.

The Italian side are managed by Rudi Garcia, who was Gervinho’s coach at Lille, and a deal of around £8million is thought to be close to being agreed.

Personal terms are understood to have already been concluded, but Roma are still struggling to finance the deal as they need to sell a player or two before they can get any deal done and dusted.

cheers 
<(^^,)>
<(^^,)>
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:50 pm

Arseblog Google Hangout transfer talk from the other day. Some decent discussion in here.

http://arseblog.com/2013/07/live-transfers-haha-arsecast-hangout-special/
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:04 pm

We're going to end up dropping £60 million on Suarez and £15 million on Ginter on deadline day, aren't we?
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by <(^^,)> Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:17 pm

Arsenal have upped their interest in German wonderkid,17-year old Sinan Kurt who plays for BMG.

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 20 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCtEX3LqaPWZog9NCB7eFhdXkgDQKvhhI4Y7ycfnivHO3ZlvEglg

---------------------------------------------------------------

Crewe Alexandra in talks with Arsenal regarding a loan deal for Aneke.

http://goo.gl/yh5mMr

Arsenal are readying a bid for Manchester City midfielder,Abdisalam Ibrahim.

http://goo.gl/Qgw1fE

Arsenal apparently bidding for Sanchez

Laughing 

Arsenal are reportedly keeping an eye on 21-year oldVVV-Venlo striker Uche Nwofor,who scored 10 goals from 26 games this season.

New Bony drunken 

For Gooners equally jobless as me,

Nwofor playing for Nigeria:

Nwofor playing for VVV-Venlo:

<(^^,)>
<(^^,)>
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by JGUNZ Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:58 pm

Hey Guys, I've heard a lot about this warchest that we have. Anyone knows what positions he plays, we surely must find a way to make use of him.... any youtube clips would help...

JGUNZ
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next