Jay29
RealGunner
urbaNRoots
Sina
SamuelJayC
58 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:49 pm

Mudcat wrote:Two things you should never believe:

Player agents
The Spanish press

Agents try to create situations in which they can get their clients a better deal, so they usually make more of things than exist in reality.

The Spanish press makes the English tabloids look respectable.

Forgive me if I don't get too worked up worrying over Koscielny just yet. :coffee:

Actually Sport are very reliable with regards to Barca based matters, i do agree in the main they shouldn't be trusted but Sport are reliable with regards to Barca if they say something i would believe it.

They revealed the Neymar transfer fee in its entirety weeks before it announced, same with Sanchez and Cesc and the Song deal also.

I would think there's definite interest but whether he goes or not is something we will have to wait and see.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by sportsczy Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:49 pm

Pep dislikes both Badstuber and Boateng.... so they are definitely in the hunt for a CB. Barca are too of course. David Luiz' cost is 25 mil. The only other good CB that is comfortable with the ball at his feet is Kos that would consider a transfer.

Looks like David Luiz is headed to PSG. So I assume Chelsea are in the market too...

Someone will pay 20 mil imo... no doubt.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:51 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Actually word in France is that Kos is gone from Arsenal....  his agent has been told to expect 20 mil+ offers by both Bayern and Barca.  Wenger does not get in the way of players leaving if the fee is met and fee for Kos is allegedly 20 mil.

I know he is gone and where ever he goes will warm the bench. 20 mil+ is a good deal they can have him.

You think Bartra and Boateng are keeping Koscielny out the team? Raptor pls.

If Koscielny goes to Bayern or Barca he is a certain starter.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:55 pm

just when we thought this summer is different at least from out-goings point of view :brickwall:

wake me up when September comes Sleep
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by abirking Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:03 pm

Selling Kosceilny does not make sense to me. He has developed a good chemistry with mertesacker and was an important part of our defensive stability. Additionally we do not need the money. At a certain point it becomes a matter of pride, and selling your good players every season does not help generate respect for the club.
And who will replace him. Some one from outside the EPL may need time to adapt and good CBs are not cheap. We may end up with Ashley williams as replacement for him.
abirking
abirking
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:08 pm

Buying Higuain and showing ambition would probably make Koscielny think about staying... but the problem is that Wenger is also in the last year of his contract and there's very little belief that Arsenal is truly ambitious.

For example, Sagna is likely gone and Jenkinson is not a good replacement imo. You also have the lack of a DM. If Arsenal were to actually meet the squad needs with good, aggressive signings, then i think most of the players would want to stay.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:12 pm

sportsczy wrote:Buying Higuain and showing ambition would probably make Koscielny think about staying... but the problem is that Wenger is also in the last year of his contract and there's very little belief that Arsenal is truly ambitious.  

For example, Sagna is likely gone and Jenkinson is not a good replacement imo.  You also have the lack of a DM.  If Arsenal were to actually meet the squad needs with good, aggressive signings, then i think most of the players would want to stay.

FWIW, regarding Wenger's contract: http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/408231/Arsenal-get-ball-rolling-over-new-contract-for-manager-Arsene-Wenger

Wasn't there word that maybe Sagna would end up staying this year? I thought his departure didn't look so certain, compared to 1-2 months ago.

I agree that signing one or two excellent players is going to help matters a lot.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:23 pm

It could happen.  But that's Arsenal wanting Wenger to extend so far...  there's Monaco lurking out there and PSG too obviously (although it looks like they're signing AVB).  Depends if Wenger wants to return to France and get out of the pressure cooker of the EPL.  Monaco is where he started remember and he wants to retire in the South of France as well... so he could either retire or start the transition towards eventual retirement by going to Monaco.

The thing with PSG is that Wenger is friends with former president Sarkozy and Sarkozy is telling PSG owners to keep their options open for Wenger... that's where the PSG thing is coming from.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:26 pm

I'm not too fussed about the Koscielny rumours tbh.

We're in complete control due to his long term contract, and he has repeatedly said he's happy here.

Barcelona and Bayern are miles above us and any player would be interested in joining them, but after all this talk from Gazidis and the club about our growing financial capabilities, they're only setting themsleves up for a massive backlash from the fans if we sell Koscielny.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:42 pm

If Koscielny really wants to go then £25m should the minimum we accept.

But i don't think he will leave. Who knows.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:01 pm

Kos isn't going anywhere Laughing You guys need to stop putting so much stock into internet rumours and unsubstantial sources
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:05 pm

After Cesc, Nasri, RVP.

Sorry mate lol
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by moutinho Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:18 pm

Lex wrote:Kos isn't going anywhere :lol:You guys need to stop putting so much stock into internet rumours and unsubstantial sources
As if it hasn't happened before with ANYONE from Arsenal who gets linked with <insert better team here>. I remember Wenger saying Fábregas and Nasri will stay just hours before they left Arsenal Laughing

You should be warned, thats all I'm saying.
moutinho
moutinho
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:23 pm

Lex i wouldn't call Sport and L'Equipe unsubstantial sources.

There is definite interest in Koscielny, whether that interest evolves into a formal bid or/and Koscielny wants to leave is of course a different matter altogether
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by <(^^,)> Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:27 pm

With Gervinho being tracked by Marseille and Newcastle, Arsene Wenger appears to have turned his attention to wingers that he could potentially snap up to replace the Ivory Coast international this summer.

Gervinho hasn’t quite settled at Arsenal as he would’ve liked since his £10 million move from Lille in 2011.

The 26-year-old made just 26 appearances (18 starts) in all competitions for The Gunners last season, where he found the net seven times and notched up five assists. His lack of playing time was mainly down to the summer arrivals of both Lukas Podolski and Santi Cazorla, not to mention his poor form.

And it doesn’t look like it’s going to get any better for Gervinho, in terms of playing time for Arsenal next season, as we have already been linked with a few wingers who look set to drop him further down the pecking order if they are signed and he remains at The Emirates.

On Sunday we were labelled favourites to land Nani from United after Galatasaray dropped their interest in the Portuguese trickster, and it now appears that we are eyeing up a move for Lille’s Dimitri Payet.

The 26-year-old, creative wide-man scored 12 goals and created 14 in 44 appearances in all competitions for the Ligue 1 outfit, and it seems Wenger has identified him as a player who could bolster Arsenal’s attacking options next season.
<(^^,)>
<(^^,)>
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:49 pm

I would pay 20 million for Kos and consider that an absolute bargain. Hope it happens. I'd pay 25 million pounds for Kos tbh but I don't know if Barca is willing.

AVB isn't leaving Tottenham.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:54 pm

I'm willing to bet anyone here Kos will stay put this summer.

Name yo bounty, suckas :coffee:
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:55 pm

How come length of a contract is considered an assurance that said player will definitely stay? We sold Song with 3 years left in his contract just last summer lol

I don't think Koscielny will leave because he likes it here, Wenger likes him, the fans love him, Arsenal will be more ambitious than ever this summer and he finally got his place back in the first team. But I won't deny that he might want to leave to get more money and trophies elsewhere by even starting at said clubs. Barcelona and Buyern are the most attractive clubs in the world at the moment, more attractive than our Arsenal and I'm sure he'll consider leaving if we don't show ambition this summer.

We have to act fast and effectively. It's a domino effect, if we make a big signing before going to Asia - not our best players will want to stay but other big players might want to join aswell.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:57 pm

CBarca... how about a sig bet for AVB?  Almost every reputable source in France is saying that the negotiations between PSG and AVB are ongoing and going well.  I'm taking l'Equipe, Le Parisien and RMC Sport.  They can't all 3 be wrong.  Bronzetti was also asked by PSG to be sent up in anticipation of finalizing everything with Carlo & PSG the moment the new manager for PSG is found... which is expected this week at some point.

It would be one thing if the Spurs and/or AVB denied it like Laudrup did... but they haven't.  Not a word.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:14 pm

I don't do sig bets because I never use sigs but you can certainly claim bragging rights

He won't leave.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:44 pm

Mail: Arsenal will complete a £22m deal to sign Higuaín from Real Madrid this week

Arsenal are also confident of signing the highly-rated Asier Illarramendi from Real Sociedad in a £10m deal

http://dailym.ai/ZYvF5W
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:52 pm

£10mil deal. Okay then. Laughing

Sociedad are in the Champions League, Illarramendi's had a great season and his release clause is £30mil. There's no way Sociedad are going to sell for a third of that.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:56 pm

not a chance but anyway Razz

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x10swk7_illaramendi-vs-germany-u-21_sport#.Ub-Dt9hluho
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:57 pm

Laurent Koscielny has told Arsenal he wants to stay. #AFC have told him he won't be sold anyway. http://bit.ly/1amslFX

Thumbs up

Joel Campbell to Crystal Palace mentioned. hmm

SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:03 pm

Would love Illaramendi. Doubt it will happen for 10m.

Crystal Palace would be a great loan move for campbell as long as he get regular playing time. He is a regular at Betis and i am not sure if Palace can give him that despite Zaha moving away. On the other hand, PL experience for Campbell would be brilliant.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:05 pm

Send Ryo there as well Smile
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next