guest7
Mamad
LeVersacci
halamadrid2
sportsczy
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Massive interview with Flo on AS - Page 3 Empty Re: Massive interview with Flo on AS

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 30, 2013 1:53 pm

Ozil is not a CM when are you ever going to learn that

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Massive interview with Flo on AS - Page 3 Empty Re: Massive interview with Flo on AS

Post by Onyx Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm

He isn't one currently, however he'd be able to offer more/influence the game more in a deeper position. Also he has played there for Schalke I think. He needs to improve his stamina as well, so playing in a deeper position might mean he works on that.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 30, 2013 2:00 pm

I dont care about what he did for schalke when nobody knew him. at werder, when he got good, he was on the left wing. for germany, he stays close to the CF, same for Madrid. you play him elsewhere, he is not as good. if you want a CM sign one because OZIL IS NOT A CM.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu May 30, 2013 2:08 pm

Yeh but when he does come into deeper positions he links up well and picks out good passes. Staying high up the pitch means he can't influence the match much.

He's more of a midfielder than a SS. Also his time at Schalke as CM might help him if he was to play CM, since he knows how it works.

Also we can't sell Ozil either because he's one of the best AM's in the World. In his 3 years at Real Madrid he hasn't been consistent however. Maybe playing a bit deeper would help. Players don't have to stay in the same position their entire career.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 30, 2013 2:15 pm

blahblahblah best this, best that, never helps the midfield to win important games, that's all i remember right now. if you want to remember how cool he looked vs betis or valencia, i will remember how shat he was vs dortmund and bayern.

Third time i will say it, Ozil is not a CM. did you watch him play CM at Schalke to conclude that he was great at it? i doubt it. so stop pls
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu May 30, 2013 2:41 pm

It's not really just Ozil's fault. I mean the whole team didn't play well vs Dortmund. Ozil isn't at fault for us not winning big games.

Ozil isn't a CM currently, however he can turn into a CM or at least play a little deeper. He's not really a SS, he's more of a midfielder.

He's played at RAM a few times and from that position he's played a bit deeper and done well with his passing, link up play etc. Now under a more attacking coach he might succeed at CM.

Anyway I doubt we'll be playing a 4-3-3 anyway. We'll most likely continue with a 4-2-3-1.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 30, 2013 2:46 pm

it's not Ozil's fault that he is not trying to defend and cover other players? really?

so we went from "ozil can play CM" to "he is not a cm currently", there is progress. He cant play CM consistently like Iniesta does, which is where i know you are trying to get at. well he cant, lets give that up, it's okif he cant
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu May 30, 2013 2:59 pm

I didn't really see a problem with Ozil's defending vs Dortmund. Besides, the whole team didn't play well.

Ozil is an AM currently, however he could play/turn into a CM. He's not played there consistently at Real Madrid to know whether he can play there or not. In fact he's never played there.

Ramos for example when he was playing RB had certain qualities that would make him a top CB. Yet people were saying he was the best RB in the World at times. Those qualities allowed him to succeed at CB.

It's similar with Ozil. His link up play is good, he has good vision, passing etc and he'd be able to offer much more in a deeper position.

I'm not saying just because for example Ronaldo can head well or his strong would mean he'd succeed at CB. It's not that big of a change. Ozil is just moving a bit deeper, although there will be different things he'll have to do and I'm sure he could adapt.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 30, 2013 3:03 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:I didn't really see a problem with Ozil's defending vs Dortmund. Besides, the whole team didn't play well.

yeah, that's the problem i dont think you ever see anything. When Alonso and Khedira were getting molested down the middle where was he? Modric did an amazing job in the return game in the same position.

playing AM and CM is actually a big change, but you dont see it, not surprising.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu May 30, 2013 3:07 pm

It's not his job to track back to the DM area to help Khedira/Alonso. He's an AM. He doesn't usually go all the way back to help Khedira/Alonso anyway.

If Mourinho told him to for tactical reasons, then he would have.

We played how we normally do vs Dortmund and Ozil doesn't track back like that.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by alexander mahone Thu May 30, 2013 3:08 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
When Alonso and Khedira were getting molested down the middle where was he? Modric did an amazing job in the return game in the same position.

In the 1st leg when Alonso and Khedira were molested down the middle, Ozil was on the wing while Modric in the middle in front of Alonso & Khedira.
In the return leg where we played a better game, Ozil returned to the middle played in front of Modric who's partnering with Alonso for half the game and then with Khedira for the rest half (after Alonso was subbed out).
alexander mahone
alexander mahone
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 30, 2013 3:24 pm

oh true, alex, you are right. it's the right back that got doubled by gotze and a wide player. Gotze cross came from that side. still the same at the end of the day, cant defend consistantly. we arent going to become a dominant european side with talent alone.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu May 30, 2013 3:27 pm

r u guys really using Dortmund Leg 1 as some kind of standard? Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Thu May 30, 2013 3:33 pm

Not a standard but an example of when we are pitted against a great team in a critical point in the season in a important tournament.

I could care less if our mids can boss the likes of betis,figo, early CdR teams because that should be a given.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by alexander mahone Thu May 30, 2013 3:41 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:oh true, alex, you are right. it's the right back that got doubled by gotze and a wide player. Gotze cross came from that side. still the same at the end of the day, cant defend consistantly. we arent going to become a dominant european side with talent alone.

The 1st goal you meant? Wasn't it after we're trying to run a counter attack? Khedira won the ball in the opponent box, passed it to Alonso. Higuain, Ronaldo, Ozil all run high up to receive the ball. Alonso passed it to Higuain but got intercepted by Gundogan who played it to their wing. Ramos wasn't even doubled up by anyone, him and Alonso actually doubled Reus in the middle and left the wing free, I think it's wrong marking. Ozil, Higuain, & Ronaldo run back, but they're too far behind after our effort to counter just before that 1st goal.
The other 3 goals were due to middle (Modric,Khedira,Alonso,Pepe) and the other wing got molested by Gundogan & Lewa.

I'm not disagreeing on the importance of more solid defending structure btw.
Anyway, except vs Barca, we always had our attackers more focus on attacking than defending. That's not why we're so bad in Dortmund 1st leg though, everyone behind the attackers were also below their usual on defending that day, they're so casual when Dortmund had the ball.
alexander mahone
alexander mahone
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Thu May 30, 2013 4:26 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:you cant shackle us, pls go
Nick - It is just a thought. Behave yourselves. If you can't then perhaps you will be left.

Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri May 31, 2013 7:20 am

Nedved wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:you cant shackle us, pls go
Nick - It is just a thought. Behave yourselves. If you can't then perhaps you will be left.

Laughing
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri May 31, 2013 9:50 am

I have to say I have been a bit harsh on Ozil. If Madrid played a more proactive style centred around him I reckon he would be the second best player in La liga. Problem is that Ozil has to always move according to where Ronaldo ( a supposed winger) is positioned :facepalm:

I mean with Messi it is okay because he plays centrally so the team can work round his movements fluidly, but Ronaldo starts out wide and always comes inside forvcing OZil out to the wings or Ostracising Benzema to become a fail #9. I mean if I was a MAdrid player I would be fuming tbh. Imagine if Ozil was at Dorrmtund ffs. How can ateam base its movements on a wide player. Madrid's flanks are always exposed. If Ronaldo became a CF half this problems would be solved but he doesn't want it.

fml typing this is actually getting me angry tbh. The potential of Ozil is being wasted.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Fri May 31, 2013 2:27 pm

Jibercus Proud

#SellCR

#TeamÖzil
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3