Error
StrugaRock
Mr Nick09
Valkyrja
punkfusion1992
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Eugenio Martinez announces intention to challenge Florentino Perez Empty Eugenio Martinez announces intention to challenge Florentino Perez

Post by punkfusion1992 Tue May 21, 2013 9:41 pm

Eugenio Martinez Bravo , president of the White platform , told AS that wants to be a candidate for election to the presidency of Real Madrid to be held on June 16. He is 43 years old, degree in business and is known for being one of the most active members of the Real Madrid: "I want to stand for election, I'd like to, I have the intention and it would be healthy for Real Madrid. It would be good to have an alternative, a debate. Florentino does not have a project and we do ".

Martinez Bravo, who has 31 years as a member of Real Madrid (twenty required to be a candidate) is realistic and know it will cost a lot to get the endorsement (would be 76 million euros, 15% of the budget of the club): "No want to create false expectations because there is a thing called endorsement and is very difficult to achieve . At the press conference there was a shred of self-criticism by Florentino Perez. It is very difficult, but I will try. "

White platform with more than 1,400 members, is the initiative of a group of partners Whites who feel a commitment to provide insight and ideas for Real Madrid continues to be recognized as the best club in the world. So Martinez Bravo wants to get to Real Madrid: "My project is pure madridismo. It is fixed to recover Real Madrid, Hierro , to Raul , to Santillana , to Pirri . 'd love to call Raul as president and ask if she wants to. In Germany will make a tribute and thanking him zilch still here. "

"The problem we have had over the years is that Madrid Florentino has eluded a debate for us to have self-criticism .'s time to sit in a debate before the Real Madrid and recognize that no project. We do have. Florentino has endorsed 75 million to remain in the presidency of Madrid, "he added.

From tomorrow has ten calendar days to submit an application with the endorsement to the Electoral Board and give it the nod. May 31 If there is more than one correct candidate elections be convened for 16 June.
I think this is great that Florentino has to hold elections before he can do anything more. He will have to give compelling arguments and explanations as to why we are back at the same point we were at in 2009(with some improvements).
A bit of background about Eugenio Martinez. A number of people in Madrid call him the Joan Laporta of Madrid. He is a lawyer and has a business degree. He wanted to run 4 years ago after Calderon had left but he could not get the 52 mill endorsement required to run and the effort would not be worth it anyways as Flo had already built an enormous campaign.
His main ideals for Madrid are to get a more Spanish Madrid and a more focus on youth team development, better integration with the first team. He is part of a group called Plataforma Blanca. He has been a Real Madrid supporter for 31 years.

Here are some rumours about his plans. Firstly sign more Spanish players, I think one of the reasons the Isco signing was reported today was because his team are working on it. Create better youth integration and hire a manager who will look at our youth team for solutions. 1 manager being sought out is Michael Laudrup. He also wants to bring in Hierro and Raul to help run things

thoughts on the new candidate?
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Eugenio Martinez announces intention to challenge Florentino Perez Empty Re: Eugenio Martinez announces intention to challenge Florentino Perez

Post by Valkyrja Tue May 21, 2013 9:43 pm

No chance against Uncle Flo IMO.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Eugenio Martinez announces intention to challenge Florentino Perez Empty Re: Eugenio Martinez announces intention to challenge Florentino Perez

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue May 21, 2013 9:53 pm

I didnt know that Eugenio Martinez was rich lol, i thought he was just a young idealist. Raul Meseguer? i dont kow him.

I asked because it seems obvious to me that Eugenio would run if he has the money. He has been a voice of opposition against Florentino Perez for years, against the way Real Madrid has been run in recent years as well in general. He is a young lad, I know he strongly promotes la cantera and football played the spanish way. And he didnt seem one to talk about building galacticos squad to achieve anything.

COnceptually he sounded like the right dude to lead madrid at this time, someone that understands football better than those clueles executives. If he is a savy business man as well then all the better. I would root for him, even for as little as i know about him. I remember reading some of his articles, and he already saw what was wrong with this madrid, i can only support him.
i was talking about him with futbol bill few months back. Martinez Bravo has great ideas for madrid, for one, he is interested in building a football project, to give a vision to the fans. Say what you want about how fans are not patient and what not, but it's because Perez told people that madrid could sign anyone and have a star studded squad that fans now act like we need World class players everywhere, even in the stands. I think that kind of short sighted thinking can be rectified if we have leaders that actually sell that message.

Florez for example spent millions on mou because he is the best, gave him all the powers, money and what not, and after 3 years the cycle is over, nothing was built. next manager will have to rebuild the midfield, teach us how to break down park the bus teams, defend Corners etc... we could hav stuck to pelle for 4 years and we could have achieved the same, or maybe better. there is no perfect method in truth, but you have to believe in the model that you implement, which is not something our president does.

Make no mistake Perez is going to win again, but this is likely his last term as he didnt want to run last december and changed his mind. Sanchis said yesterday that he will run in the future. I am just glad we have young thinking minds like him ready to take over.

In a normal world, Perez shouldnt win the elections ever again, his bilan over 8years of president is a massive flop, although he is a financial wizard.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Wed May 22, 2013 1:00 am

As good as the idea seems, Perez has no competition on this, the board will back him cause of his financial results.

But 'Platforma Blanca' sounds good as an idea, but I'm not sure it could bring positive results, Real Madrid is known for wanting instant success, the word patience is unknown among Madridistas and Real Madrid.
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 22, 2013 1:10 am

Like i said, that instant success mentality has been manufactured by perez himself by making fans believe that spending money is the key to success. If someone has the courage to sell another ideal to fans, it might change mentalities but we will never know until it happens. What we know however is that Perez's current model doesnt work.

The boards are not the people electing the new president, socios do. But Perez will promise another huge spending spree, with new players and new coach and he will flop again when all is said and done. It's gonna be the third time he does it, with little to no result to show, and socios will buy it again. i dont understand them, Perez's bilan in 8 years is pure garbage.

At least Martinez propose something new, he has fresh ideas, and he would encourage former madrid legends like Hierro or Santillana to get involved, people who want nothing to do with Perez. We need something new, a clear idea of where we are going. Anyway, next week marca will title that Perez will spend 80millions on bale, 60 millions on Cavani, 30 millions on Isco and so on, and he will get voted again...just stupid, i dont understand how madridistas arent outraged at Perez at this point.

this is how perez win elections Laughing
Eugenio Martinez announces intention to challenge Florentino Perez 0+marca+iniesta+barcelona
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Wed May 22, 2013 1:21 am

Yeah I meant socios, not board.

For once I am with Martinez' idea, but socios look more to the financial state of the club rather than who plays and who works for Madrid. Every Real Madridista is outraged by Perez, but there is no chance that anyone could win elections other than him, so fans are singing along with Perez from not having a second choice.

When you look at it Clownderon had better succes(in titles) than Perez in his second(technically 3rd) stint as a president. But Perez is a business mastermind and he brings the club a great chunk of money, the main reason he still is a president.
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Error Wed May 22, 2013 6:20 am

This guy plan sounds really interesting, exciting and something I could happily support. Although I have a feeling that this guy will go overboard with the "more Spanish" and "pure madridismo" thing and forget we still need also to buy quality players despite of their background. Throwing legends name around is not something I'm really fond of either. It sounds more like an attempt to finish fans votes with costs of old memories. What I want to see more is the long term plans instead.

Our youths are something we should definitely use more and reap the rewards instead of sending them off and later buying them for much more. But I just hope this guy doesn't mean that we buy player A over player B just because he happens to be a Spanish. We still need to think which player we need and who fits in our current squad.

I can't really criticize Perez for what he has done during his presidency. He has kept us in very healthy financial status while still getting quality players which is something not every guy can do. It's not really his fault that managers don't have guts to use youths and he has given all the coaches pretty much the keys to create a successful top level team unlike certain clown did. Patience and faith in a coach is something Perez should to become better at, but I think that's also partly our fans fault too for complaining too easily when things don't go right.

He cannot be faulted for Mou's action and I'm sure he didn't knew that Mou would go so far that he would poke other in the eyes, insulting pretty much everything and everybody. From his last tenure I can only say that bad thing was getting rid of Pellegrini and not listening his wishes. Apart from that I don't think he has done any major mistakes.

But all in all. I'm happy that Perez gets at least some competition and it will be a guy with some fresh ideas. It's healthy to have this kind of situation instead of Perez just automatically continuing. Not gonna say which is better at this point, but I am definitely warming up for the new guy ideas. But one thing I want from the next president is that he wants to have a mix of own youths, Spanish and foreigner WC players and manager who is willing fulfill that plan in a long term. I don't even mind couple bad years if they can put such a vision together.
Error
Error
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Wed May 22, 2013 6:33 am

i believe what he means that when looking for a certain type of player, first to look at Spanish players
He gave an example of signing David Silva over Di Maria a couple of years ago

I suggest fishing out an article he wrote a year ago, i dont know where it is.... but it outlines the basic problems he has with Flo Flo's Madrid
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Wed May 22, 2013 12:35 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:

Eugenio Martinez announces intention to challenge Florentino Perez 0+marca+iniesta+barcelona

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Eugenio Martinez announces intention to challenge Florentino Perez 931188_590166061016014_829923173_n
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Error Wed May 22, 2013 2:41 pm

Only thing that is missing from that pic is Cavani /s

But this has to be some Marca bs story. Those players styles doesn't even compliment each other and are we now planning to change all our forwards?And Casemiro, seriously? He is a backup at best.
Error
Error
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed May 22, 2013 2:52 pm

Casemiro rofl

khedira version 2 going forward and lass version 2 defending. I can't get this season to end to see the back of him and they are thinking of making him first team :facepalm:
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 22, 2013 2:59 pm

StrugaRock wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Eugenio Martinez announces intention to challenge Florentino Perez 931188_590166061016014_829923173_n
soooooooo predictable Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed May 22, 2013 4:45 pm

Perez is scaring me right now, i'm afraid he is going to go on a spending spree and replace the whole team. bar the midfield, rb and possibly di maria, we're fine imo. i hope we dont replace too many, isco is nice tho
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Wed May 22, 2013 5:51 pm

What the hell is Casemiro doing in that all star line up???? eco smile
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed May 22, 2013 5:58 pm

Perez's supposed idea of a player coming through our youth rank aka a pavon only this isn't true as he was loaned to Castilla from some brazilian team
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 22, 2013 6:07 pm

Every time there's an election, Perez spends 200-300 million. It's like clockwork lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Wed May 22, 2013 6:40 pm

Martinez does not have the money to run and no one is willing to back him, too funny.
Crimson
Crimson
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri May 24, 2013 11:42 pm

Crimson wrote:Martinez does not have the money to run and no one is willing to back him, too funny.

That's what I felt as well. Very idealistic and I probably would have supported him if I were a socio but in the end, money talks...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon May 27, 2013 10:28 pm

Not sure if this is legit but it seems like the dude stepped down. Perez will officially be president on June 3rd lol

Source could be bogus though so we'll have to wait.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue May 28, 2013 9:37 am

I heard it is the 2nd of june

man the criteria to become a president is so tough Shocked
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:46 pm

Florentino Perez will continue as president of Real Madrid after standing unopposed for re-election, the Primera Division club have confirmed.

Madrid's electoral board met today and, with no candidates other than Perez putting themselves forward for election ahead of the deadline, confirmed the 66-year-old would remain in the post.

Perez's investiture ceremony will take place on Tuesday at 1300 local time in the directors' box at the Bernabeu stadium.

Perez, who was widely expected to continue in the post for another four-year term, returned to the Madrid presidency for a second spell in 2009.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by AmarillaDirecta Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:51 pm

How was he going to stand a chance to win if the majority of fans probably dont even know who he is?

Dont know about the socios but the way i see it, it was going to be impossible to win against perez. Why is there no propaganda anywhere for this guy? How are they going to realistically run if very few know what the guy stands for?
AmarillaDirecta
AmarillaDirecta
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:00 am

the socios, the people who vote, know him very well since he often takes the stage during socios meeting and just destroys Perez and his policies in front of the whole crowd. anyway, i know him, why u guys dont is the real question Very Happy

Perez hide behind the fact that he can raise the value of the club like no one to keep running as president (although this is probably his last term as he wanted to stop). Bottom line is that there has been no debate once again about how the club should be run and that should be a greater concern. we are being led by a man who believes that being rich=signing biggest players=trophies. how has that worked out in 8 years?

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:07 am

Nick :bow:

DAT PerezEugenio Martinez announces intention to challenge Florentino Perez Datass
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by AmarillaDirecta Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:09 am

I have heard of him before and have seen some of his stuff, i had an idea that thats what probably happened with the socios but still, the lack of publicity in the media as i see it is surprising, it could help.

If people know him very well and if hes done as well as you say he has then im surprised the challenge has been almost non existant, shame.
AmarillaDirecta
AmarillaDirecta
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next