StevieRayVaughan
Mr Nick09
sportsczy
BarrileteCosmico
jibers
72 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Mourinho has failed! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mourinho has failed!

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:59 pm

Yeah it took him a while but at the end of the day he wasn't trying to establish dominance over like a Chelsea or a City, we're talking about Barcelona. And no matter how he leaves, he's left them that advantage. And in a league where Barca - Madrid are by far and away the two title challengers, he's given them that advantage.

EDIT: Think about it this way Mole, it took a long time to sculpt Ryan Nelson into the dominant heavy hitting monster we all know and love to be "Big Country" Nelson.

Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:04 pm

He did give as an advantage over Barca, however I think any manager would have done it and Barca obviously this season aren't as good as previous seasons.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:28 am

For some reason after i read StevieRayVaughan's post, a vision popped in mind of Perez trying to make a decision Mass Effect style. On the top right corner is the option "Keep Mou", bottom right is "Fire Mou" and finally on the bottom left "Punch Mou"
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:36 am

It didn't take him that long tbh. his first game against Barca was on the last day of November 2010. after the narrow defeat in CDR in January 2012, Madrid have not lost to Barca since. That's a little over 13 months for him to completely turn around a 5-0 defeat.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:07 am

Yohan Modric wrote:He did give as an advantage over Barca, however I think any manager would have done it and Barca obviously this season aren't as good as previous seasons.
sure, there may have been others who wud have devised the tactics, but when it comes to ingraining a winning mentality theres only Mou :bow:
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:13 am

I'mma get attacked for this post but what the hell.

I called this a few years ago... infact pretty much when Mou first signed. And I was slated for it. lol. He won the league but they signed him for the CL and whilst he has improved them, he's pretty much failed his objective. He's brought the whole Madrid down with him too. They used to be a respectable club before he went there. I disaagree that he's a rubbish manager though. That's just Madrid fans being bitter...

I also said Di Maria was overrated when they signed him from Benfica, he proved me wrong for a season and then went mediocre again. Still don't understand how he plays for Argentina... they may aswell play Aguero leading the line with Messi on the wing.

Khedira is just Khedira. Useless player for them. I said it time and time again that Alonso needed a defensive midfielder next to him. Instead he was given extra responsibility to defend aswell as be the playmaker. He was always going to get called out against the likes of Barcelona etc! It's no surprise Khedira is a passenger in that side. He's pretty much Liverpool's "Downing". Doesn't do anything special but gets praised for it...

Oh, and Pepe is overrated. Now it just seems like I'm attacking Madrid... so I may aswell say Pique is overrated too. He's nothing without Pique lol.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:56 am

ynwa wrote:I'mma get attacked for this post but what the hell.

I called this a few years ago... infact pretty much when Mou first signed. And I was slated for it. lol. He won the league but they signed him for the CL and whilst he has improved them, he's pretty much failed his objective. He's brought the whole Madrid down with him too. They used to be a respectable club before he went there. I disaagree that he's a rubbish manager though. That's just Madrid fans being bitter...

I also said Di Maria was overrated when they signed him from Benfica, he proved me wrong for a season and then went mediocre again. Still don't understand how he plays for Argentina... they may aswell play Aguero leading the line with Messi on the wing.

Khedira is just Khedira. Useless player for them. I said it time and time again that Alonso needed a defensive midfielder next to him. Instead he was given extra responsibility to defend aswell as be the playmaker. He was always going to get called out against the likes of Barcelona etc! It's no surprise Khedira is a passenger in that side. He's pretty much Liverpool's "Downing". Doesn't do anything special but gets praised for it...

Oh, and Pepe is overrated. Now it just seems like I'm attacking Madrid... so I may aswell say Pique is overrated too. He's nothing without Pique lol.

Agree
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:46 am

I don't know if I would call his time at Madrid a failure, but he will have under-achieved unless he manages to turn the Dortmund tie around and go on to win the final.. Or if he comes back next year, he would need to win a double or something

The problems in the dressing room, and his counter attacking style are the two things I hate the most about him.. Counter attacking at home against pretty much every big club/great team is a fuxking disgrace (Drogba voice)

Def not a long term manager, don't think he could last 5+ years at any big club because of what sport said..
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:59 am

Di Maria is a world class winger. I would go so far as to say that on his day, he is the best out and out winger/wide man in the world.
But its the caveat "on his day" i.e. his inconcistency coupled with his god awful desicion making that have stopped him from becoming the best winger in the world period.
He's the best at crossing the ball into the box tho. Also his pace, dribbling and willingness to track back make him indispensable
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:11 pm

Di Maria is a WC nothing... he is a headless chicken and a one trick pony. If that trick works, he fools you into believing he's good. But if that trick fails, he's worthless. Against scrubs... they have a hard time stopping his one trick. Against any kind of quality he gets thrown to the side.

He hasn't improved on one single thing since being at Madrid.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by AltoZ Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:16 pm

They peaked last year. They wont get a better chance to win CL than last year.
AltoZ
AltoZ
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:18 pm

Jibers desperate for Moudrid comeback. rofl
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:57 pm

Tbf to Di Maria he is nothing short of fantastic for Argentina regardless of his club form the reason he gets picked is just that.

His importance for Argentina's system to work is massive.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:04 pm

sportsczy wrote:Not a failure. 1 La Liga, 3 straight CL semis, 1 CDR and still some things to play for in 3 years is good considering what a mess we were before him. It's nothing special for Real Madrid historically... but it's good.

My big problem with him is that he's distracted the team this year on his own + our playing style is not easy on the eyes. Mou is just not a very classy person. Very good manager though if you're into underdog tactics and results.

How I feel about this as well. Not ideal but much better than what we were before.

I think it's a good foundation to build on going forward.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:07 pm

StevieRayVaughan wrote:The best way to answer this to realize the difference between Real pre Mourinho and after Mou. Before Mou, Real had been non relevant in Europe for 8 years or so, they consistently were getting knocked out by the Lyons and others in the Quarters. Capello couldnt do anything, Schuster or Pelle, or the other managers before him. They were usually compared to the supposed greatest team in the world in Barca, while Barca were winning just about everything. This Barca at that time was one of the top 3 greatest teams ever, so it was not like he had a easy job. In fact, he prolly had the hardest job in the world, so what if your team is worth 500 million, if you opponent has superior players in Messi, Iniesta, Xavi etc, money couldnt buy success as displayed by Madrid under Pelle.

I dont think Mou failed, because first of all he did win the copa in his first season. But the important thing was that he beat Barca in the final, while he had lost 5-0 earlier in the season. Real also reached the Semis that year after like 8 years or so, so I dont consider this season a failure. It was to change this Madrid squad's mentality, and he did so. He gave them a winning mentality.

This showed in the second season, where they were impeccable for most parts of the season. Won the league, and lost in penalties to Bayern. 99% of teams in the world would consider this season a success. In CL, the difference betweeen winning and losing is sometimes so minimal, that you cant do much about it.

Also, I dont understand you saying his inability to build a project in 3 years, did you watch Madrid 3 years ago? Becuase it seems like you clearly didnt, Lyon and Basel posed a greater threat than Madrid in the CL. The only league Madrid won inbetween was because Barca were in transition before Pep. Mou did build a sucessful project in my opinion, Madrid now are considered contenders in CL and a real threat.

Even this year, they lost the league, and they will lose the Copa for sure Smile, but they are still in the Semis and even though I know they will lose, I consider this season a failure, but not the project overall.

I think he came here to knock Barca off the perch, and in some ways he has done that by denying Barca atleast 3 titles and winning atleast 2 of them (1 still to go, but they will lose).

Madrid fans will always look for scapegoats, thats the mentality. Sometimes its Ronaldo who ruins Madrid's style, he should be sold ( lot of Madrid fans were saying this beginning of this year), or its Perez ruins the transfer policy, but the real problem are you fans. For the least 10 years, the fans have set a standard for Real that if they dont win a CL, then not a sucessful season. What has Real done to merit that in the last decade? All the managers who have come to Real have been victims of that mentality, and Mou will be the next.

Also, here is food for thought, which other manager would have done better than Real rather than Mou? Against the greatest ever Barca side and a rejunivated Bayern in the CL?

But no he lost of Dortmund, he sucks, he always did, he is a fraud, he is tactially inept....when some of the more decent posters post such nonsense, I know its time to leave and not argue against ignorance.

Its always good to see Real fans ' breakdown, and even better to see Real fail, but its worse to see mangers between victims of ridiculuous standards set by the press or fans which Madrid have done nothing in the last decade to justify.

So get rid of Mou, spend another 500 mil, and it is just another REGULAR season for Real. Fire Mou for the right reasons because he is a *bleep* not because he failed over the last three years because he didnt.

Steive, if only more Madridistas were like you Proud

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:15 pm

sportsczy wrote:It didn't take him that long tbh. his first game against Barca was on the last day of November 2010. after the narrow defeat in CDR in January 2012, Madrid have not lost to Barca since. That's a little over 13 months for him to completely turn around a 5-0 defeat.

Yep, and to think that any manager would have done it is a joke.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:53 pm

Well galacticos 2.0 has been an absolute failure
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:55 pm

yup
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:57 pm

Pre-Mou: 5 straight years of failing to get past round of 16

With Mou: 3 straight semifinals

hmm
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:59 pm

jibercus wrote:Well galacticos 2.0 has been an absolute failure

This Proud

Last edited by Abramovich on Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:59 pm

LOOOOOOOOOOOL did anyone see the interview mou did with sky?
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:59 pm

Swanhends wrote:Pre-Mou: 5 straight years of failing to get past round of 16

With Mou: 3 straight semifinals

hmm

U don't get a medal for reaching semifinals

jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:00 pm

REWB wrote:LOOOOOOOOOOOL did anyone see the interview mou did with sky?

I saw the itv one, what did he say on sky?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:00 pm

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAH~!!!!

This was priceless. Mou looked like he aged 20 years today! Lol! His desparate sub and tactics in the end. Him complaining to the ref and even to Klopp XD

I think ive come to learn more about his strengthens and weaknesses lately and its showing that hes just not good enough to justify his arrogance. Hes overhyping himself and his own team Very Happy And fooled many Very Happy

Still a top manager, but with his big weaknesses too.

And looking at Real today, with a little bias, I would like to say that apart from gaining the better of Barca last season in the league and h-h lately Razz Hes a FAILURE at Real!

God I have waited so long for this, thank u god and excuse me Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:00 pm

The Only One Proud
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:00 pm

StevieRayVaughan wrote:Madrid fans will always look for scapegoats, thats the mentality. Sometimes its Ronaldo who ruins Madrid's style, he should be sold ( lot of Madrid fans were saying this beginning of this year), or its Perez ruins the transfer policy, but the real problem are you fans. For the least 10 years, the fans have set a standard for Real that if they dont win a CL, then not a sucessful season. What has Real done to merit that in the last decade? All the managers who have come to Real have been victims of that mentality, and Mou will be the next.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next