StevieRayVaughan
Mr Nick09
sportsczy
BarrileteCosmico
jibers
72 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Mourinho has failed! - Page 10 Empty Re: Mourinho has failed!

Post by RED Sat May 18, 2013 11:21 am

His tenure at the club has been disastrous( by his standards).

Makes me relieved he wasn't appointed as Sir Alex's successor.

RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat May 18, 2013 2:46 pm

Mourinho has failed! - Page 10 1368833601398

rofl
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat May 18, 2013 2:50 pm

You have to love a coach who after losing a cup final talked about how this was the worst season of his career. how about the club jose? always talking about himself and his legacy, again, cant understand the madrid fans that stand by his side.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat May 18, 2013 2:52 pm

Mou is just sad he didn't win the 3rd, Nick.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat May 18, 2013 6:29 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:You have to love a coach who after losing a cup final talked about how this was the worst season of his career. how about the club jose? always talking about himself and his legacy, again, cant understand the madrid fans that stand by his side.

I think it's only normal to read as such from Mourinho. He takes the blame , that's all.In any case , he would have taken the blame ; had he spoken against his players or other reasons , fans and media would still fault him of trying to escape his part from a trophyless season.This way , his players will be left in peace .

But obviously , i have to take some words back as it seems , because when Mourinho admits failure for the 2nd time in 3 years , it's irrational for me to speak against that , even though i really find it delusional not to realise Mourinho's work at Real.

I still don't get that kind of imaginary trophy or failure mentality , but whatever. In theory , i understand perfectly well. However , theory is theory and reality is facts in order . And although everyone has the right to be deluded in any sort of way , when fans neglect what's been happening in front of their eyes so many years and in a matter of 3 years expect the world , i guess it's only logical that they shall be dissapointed.

So to finish my concluded opinion , yes Mourinho has failed going by his own standards and the club's , but he's the best failed manager with the least failed improvements you had since Del Bosque . In other words , from the eyes of a neutral he hasn't failed , but since the expectations demanded by all in Real demanded otherwise , he failed in 3 years to do what he was supposed to do.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat May 18, 2013 6:38 pm

Good post, Dante.
I agree. Mou did reasonably well by most standards, but obviously Real Madrid & fans wanted him to be the saviour, which he wasn't. He's a good manager, but TBH I think people overestimate the gap between top athletes and coaches. A lot more factors than just the coach have to improve if you want your team to do better than they've done for more than just a few seasons.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat May 18, 2013 6:51 pm

Nobody saw Mou as the savior. Madrid doesn't need a savior and never has. We thought that given his record, we would be a factor again in CL. He achieved that part of the bargain mostly. What we didn't count on was:
- often unwatchable games because of his underdog tactics
- disrespect of everything and anyone in Spain
- constant bs drama
- constant scapegoating
- complete lack of class

In the end, it was easily not worth the headache of having Mou. We're not an underdog club and never have been. No individual is bigger than the club and Mou's ego wouldn't allow for that.

His legacy... he was a disgrace to the club. Again last night, he gets ejected and then refuses to come to the medal ceremony (as with CR7). Well guess what... this is the Copa Del Rey. The King and Queen were there. Out of respect for Spain and you gracefully accept that you lost.

Please gtfo Mou. Your stench is unbearable.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat May 18, 2013 7:03 pm

Mourinho was brought to topple Barcelona. Barça's domination was hard to digest for Pérez after his 'galáctico' spending spree so he went for the best coach in the world, someone who gets you results no matter what.

In his first couple of years, Mourinho did some real damage to Madrid's image. From poking a coach in the eye to post match rants and blaming the referee - but you can't deny all of that resulted in him having a better chance against their nemesis in due course. He's a superb psychologist and you can't fault him in that area. He made winners of a Madrid who'd gone years with no bite in their play.

With all due respect to Madrid fans, I too prefer Diego López to Casillas. It is clear to me that San Iker is not the same player, but let's face it. López is actually a bloody good 'keeper. Very experienced, brave, good on air, class decision making and not a bad shot stopper. Not to mention the guy can play with his feet all right. So in that regard I agree with Mourinho, even though he perhaps wanted Casillas out anyway, for whatever reason.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat May 18, 2013 7:08 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Good post, Dante.
I agree. Mou did reasonably well by most standards, but obviously Real Madrid & fans wanted him to be the saviour, which he wasn't. He's a good manager, but TBH I think people overestimate the gap between top athletes and coaches. A lot more factors than just the coach have to improve if you want your team to do better than they've done for more than just a few seasons.

Of course , we are on the same page. And yes they do have lots of room for improvement , Mourinho included. They will achieve progress with or without Mourinho , but when fans don't even realise the progress it has already been done , not only their dissapointment will be all the more difficult to bare , but the continuation towards their goals will be prolonged as well. There are numerous examples about how great players and coaches 'fail' at Real , mostly down to the enormous pressure that's in the air around Bernabeu , but Mourinho bar this season had it under control .

Had a bunch of stars with every single one being a certain kind of character , all sorts of enemies in and out of his club to make his work harder and on top of that , make his team overcome a certain mentality , that of the guaranteed winner . In my eyes he did what was humanly possible untill this season , when after being handed even more power , he messed it up with Casillas and thus he lost the fans. There's no fanbase in the world unless it's called Mancs that would support a coach instead of a club legend and i am surprised Mourinho fell into that trap , he never did in the past. I don't know or even care what has happened , but i see that as a major factor and reason behind the majority of Real's fanbase reaction against Mourinho.

They must find the right balance like you said , and with a few wise changes in the squad it could be done , but when there are such demands and expectations , unreal ones , you can't really have balance and stability. You can try of course , but eventualy will end up with the rest of the 'failures' Laughing
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat May 18, 2013 7:20 pm

Mourinho has failed! - Page 10 BKjYu_NCcAAQlkN

Not sure if Mourinho or Mourincini.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat May 18, 2013 7:21 pm

Real Madrid fans, IMHO, should take a step back and realize they've been KO'd in the UCL quarters at the latest for years on end. At least Mou got them one further, and not past any scrubs either. Okay, they got to rubbish Galatasaray this year, but they went through ManU before that.

Sure, if I look at their squad, and then look at other teams, I say they should've probably reached a final by now. If Klopp had spent that much you can be sure that Dortmund would've won a treble by now.

But people underestimate how little chemistry Real Madrid had. Bunch of individuals. They still got some of this problem, but they've incredibly improved. Yet you see Real fans hating on the players that contribute the most to their success; Ronaldo being one-dimensional even though he scores even in big games, making fun of Khediras technical short comings when he runs for two and makes overloading the midfield possible, Özil 'disappearing' even though he scored or assisted in almost all big UCL games...

Just cool your jets, accept the fact that you got many great players, but didn't have - even remotely - something resembling a "team" for many years. You will need patience. And you will probably need a coach that will make hurtful decision. People thought Pep was mental when he axed half of Barcas super stars, and look where it got them.

A coach like Mou isn't helping anything when you still got Flo running things. You need to re-adapt, and build a team. Don't just buy the best player in every position, but try to scout players who will actually work together - Mou at least understood this. Khedira and Alonso worked very well together for long spells, and Özil integrated well as well. And those were his first two signings I thought were high profile. He did rather well, actually.

I just think people overestimate the Real Madrid Mou took over, I thought they weren't all that great at the time, despite the big names and big money, sorry.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat May 18, 2013 7:25 pm

sportsczy wrote:Nobody saw Mou as the savior. Madrid doesn't need a savior and never has. We thought that given his record, we would be a factor again in CL. He achieved that part of the bargain mostly. What we didn't count on was:
- often unwatchable games because of his underdog tactics
- disrespect of everything and anyone in Spain
- constant bs drama
- constant scapegoating
- complete lack of class

In the end, it was easily not worth the headache of having Mou. We're not an underdog club and never have been. No individual is bigger than the club and Mou's ego wouldn't allow for that.

His legacy... he was a disgrace to the club. Again last night, he gets ejected and then refuses to come to the medal ceremony (as with CR7). Well guess what... this is the Copa Del Rey. The King and Queen were there. Out of respect for Spain and you gracefully accept that you lost.

Please gtfo Mou. Your stench is unbearable.

As far as his character goes and perhaps his obsession with just the result , i won't say anything. One thing i disagree with about your post . You've never been the underdog ? I didn't see that coming from you Sports. Maybe not historicaly or as an image in football, but you've been the underdog in recent years.

you've been the underdog against Barcelona ever since the 2-6. Until you won the CDR , you ve almost always been the underdog against Barcelona , you would be mad to deny that.

You've also been an underdog to win a CL since 2005. From 2005 since 2009 , Real Madrid has been the underdog to lift the CL. When 3 years since 2002 , you've never again been regarded as favourite for the trophy , not until Mourinho . There were some who said you were under Pellegrini , but they were mostly the club's fans.

Mourinho wanted to make the players realise this. The players did and they overcame the problem. It seems the fans are yet to realise their club's image before Perez's 2nd election. I am not saying Real lost status between that period , but if anything , they were an underdog in the CL. And after the 2-6 , you've been the undoubted underdog in the Classico's as well.

The rest you are probably right .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat May 18, 2013 7:34 pm

We never, ever had an underdog attitude or felt we were underdogs... only once maybe and that's because we had Heinze as a fullback lol. I can honestly say this.

Our issue? We changed managers every single freakin year. It takes a year for the system and players to get it together and we never allowed a manager into his second year to see the fruits of his labor. We also made transfers on a whim it seemed as opposed to logically.

Look, we won 3 La Liga titles in the 7 years before Mou and those were considered our dark years. Before that, we had VDB and we went to 4 straight CL semis, won 2 and also won La Liga.

There was never, ever a dry enough period for Madrid to feel like underdogs. Not one. CL was our frustration... and Flo's obsession. Only reason Mou came was that he felt Mou would give us CL glory. Not worth the price at all in retrospect.

He's going to do the same thing again... hire a manager based on CL. That's why Carlo is being targeted and Heynckes behind him. There's no other objective for Flo unfortunately. He's lost his Madridista spirit a long time ago.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by El Rey Sat May 18, 2013 8:46 pm

sportsczy wrote:He's lost his Madridista spirit a long time ago.
Only thing that matters in football is results. Flo knows this. He paying millions to be president of the club. He's not playing millions for Madridismo.
El Rey
El Rey
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat May 18, 2013 8:49 pm

El Rey wrote:
Only thing that matters in football is results. Flo knows this. He paying millions to be president of the club. He's not playing millions for Madridismo.

Yeah and Atleti have won more trophies than Real in Mourinho's time.....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by El Rey Sat May 18, 2013 8:51 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
El Rey wrote:

Yeah and Atleti have won more trophies than Real in Mourinho's time.....
Go somewhere else with your trolling. I don't see Atleti winning La Liga or coming close to the Champions League final like Mourinho has done for the club.
El Rey
El Rey
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat May 18, 2013 8:52 pm

I don't see Atleti having a billion euro squad either Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Rey Sat May 18, 2013 8:54 pm

I guess Madrid wants this next season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7NIZifWVqU

Edit: Diego Lopez would of saved some of those. rofl
El Rey
El Rey
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat May 18, 2013 8:56 pm

the xcx Laughing you guys wasting your time
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat May 18, 2013 8:58 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:the xcx Laughing you guys wasting your time

Nah its not, its an old guy from goal.com i remember that username lol.

Posting style and opinions are identical.... but still yes we are i'm backing out now.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat May 18, 2013 9:04 pm

Gotta hand it to the cult leader, his jibberish is effective.

Who else could have guys wanting him to stay despite winning 1 league title and nothing else in 3 years after being brought in the first place on the notion of results.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Rey Sat May 18, 2013 9:07 pm

Yes, I joined from Goal.com.

My user name was the same.
El Rey
El Rey
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat May 18, 2013 9:11 pm

It takes some audacity to come and make another account just to defend Mourinho after the way he disgraced himself this season.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat May 18, 2013 9:54 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Real Madrid fans, IMHO, should take a step back and realize they've been KO'd in the UCL quarters at the latest for years on end. At least Mou got them one further, and not past any scrubs either. Okay, they got to rubbish Galatasaray this year, but they went through ManU before that.

Sure, if I look at their squad, and then look at other teams, I say they should've probably reached a final by now. If Klopp had spent that much you can be sure that Dortmund would've won a treble by now.

But people underestimate how little chemistry Real Madrid had. Bunch of individuals. They still got some of this problem, but they've incredibly improved. Yet you see Real fans hating on the players that contribute the most to their success; Ronaldo being one-dimensional even though he scores even in big games, making fun of Khediras technical short comings when he runs for two and makes overloading the midfield possible, Özil 'disappearing' even though he scored or assisted in almost all big UCL games...

Just cool your jets, accept the fact that you got many great players, but didn't have - even remotely - something resembling a "team" for many years. You will need patience. And you will probably need a coach that will make hurtful decision. People thought Pep was mental when he axed half of Barcas super stars, and look where it got them.

A coach like Mou isn't helping anything when you still got Flo running things. You need to re-adapt, and build a team. Don't just buy the best player in every position, but try to scout players who will actually work together - Mou at least understood this. Khedira and Alonso worked very well together for long spells, and Özil integrated well as well. And those were his first two signings I thought were high profile. He did rather well, actually.

I just think people overestimate the Real Madrid Mou took over, I thought they weren't all that great at the time, despite the big names and big money, sorry.

Excellent post. Especialy the last 2 sentences , very true. It was all the talk back then , Madrid had great players but not necessarily a great team.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sat May 18, 2013 10:05 pm

Excellent post? He achieved mediocre success by RM standars... More importantly at what cost? Eye-poking, conspiracy theories, fighting with everyone in his way, alienating people who loved the club, and all he can say at the end is how HE had a bad season and not a mention about what this could mean to RM. Pffff....

I said it from the begging Mou is a great "they are all against us" motivator. This works charms in the short run, but once you get some success, you cant sustain it, it backfires.

EDIT: Flo running things? Where have you been in past 3 years. Mou was larger than RM during this time, he had all the power a manager could have, and had all the time to build a solid cohesive team.

Last edited by eelir on Sat May 18, 2013 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat May 18, 2013 10:05 pm

Getting to the final four is like a trophy for Madrid Laughing
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next