billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Real forgetting Raul - Page 5 Empty Re: Real forgetting Raul

Post by rwo power Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:08 am

By the way, on  27 July 2013, Schalke also played a testimonial match for Raúl against Al Sadd:

rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:18 am

Raul was at the centre of the Santiago Bernabeu Trophy XXXV. The Whites’ legend spoke about how happy he was: "It was wonderful, I want to thank the fans that came and showed me their affection. I looked up at the scoreboard hoping that the minutes would not tick by. I think everyone enjoyed it; my team made a good showing of themselves and were close to scoring. Everyone has come away happy. I could not have had a better tribute, with the ground full and playing again in a Real Madrid shirt".

The forward spoke about some of the special moments in the match: "There were a lot of small details in this match. Cristiano giving me his shirt, Casillas his armband ... everyone has made me feel welcome. Thanks to the club, to the coaching staff that have made me feel like one of them. I had similar feelings in my debut against Atletico here in the Bernabeu. I enjoyed it, there was has been a lot of participation. That His Majesty was here was a big surprise and it is a source of pride that King of Spain was here. I will be eternally grateful, it was very special".

He also wanted to acknowledge the fans’ support: "For many years I defended this shirt with all my heart and I felt all the affection and I feel indebted. I would not change anything that has happened and it has been shown that it was worth the wait and that it is my home. Everything comes around. The fans have enjoyed it and the Real Madrid faithful now have to be united to achieve the objectives. A new project is starting and I hope that fans come to support and that everyone gives 100%".

About what was said between him and the Real Madrid president, he said: "Florentino told me that the club’s doors are open for me. When I’m ready to bring something to the club...". He also spoke about Casillas, Cristiano Ronaldo and Bale: "Iker is a great professional and teammate and is experiencing something new, but with hard work and effort he will be back helping Real Madrid to achieve their objectives. Cristiano is the present and future of Real Madrid, and I’m sure he’ll continue to be so. If the Bale thing doesn’t happen, I’ll cost much less".

Finally, he gave a message to the club’s young players: "I give up my shirt to the future of the academy, although there are many more, they are going to push to move this thing forward. They have to put on pressure because there are no friendlies at Real Madrid. It is Jese’s first year and it will be tough, but he will certainly have opportunities and will do very well, like Morata, Nacho...".

Real forgetting Raul - Page 5 Satellite?blobcol=urldata&blobheadername1=Content-disposition&blobheadervalue1=attachment%3B+filename%3DReal_Madrid_-_Al-Sadd
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:44 am

Not sure why I never really liked him, but with all the positive feedback and comments, his longativity, and the fact he proved himself at Schalke as well, earns my respect.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5