Lex
Mamad
The Franchise
ronalessi
Onyx
98 posters

Page 22 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down

Manchester United vs Real Madrid discussion - Page 22 Empty Re: Manchester United vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by guest7 Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:42 pm

http://www.as.com/english/articulo/collina-agrees-with-the-red/20130307dasdenspo_10/Ten

Top marks for Cüneyt Çakir. Ex-referee Pierluigi Collina, a member of the UEFA ref's committee, reviewed the Turk's performance during the Manchester United - Real Madrid game and found his performance more than satisfactory.

Collina was at Old Trafford to evaluate Çakir's job and agreed with the sending off of Nani for a high foot on Álvaro Arbeloa. The worst decision from the Turk, according to Collina, was his failure to send off Rio Ferdinand at the end of the match. The English defender let fly at the referee for the mistakes that the player believed he had made. In spite of that lapse Collina still gave Cüneyt Çakir an 8.2 out of 10.

guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Manchester United vs Real Madrid discussion - Page 22 Empty Re: Manchester United vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by Zealous Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:53 pm

Collina :bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:40 pm

Who da fuq is going to argue with Collina :bow:
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:45 pm

im sure collina didn't want to upset the many friends he has at the bernebau.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:34 pm

Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:58 pm

If Collina says that was the right decision, shame on everyone that was arguing that it wasn't :coffee:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:08 pm

Collina :bow:

Who am I to argue ffs silent
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:55 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Laughing

His name is Clive Myrie and he is a Man City fan Laughing
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:58 am

Laughing
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:01 am

I wonder how many 999 calls came in moments after that news report
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:41 pm

Barcelona captain Xavi Hernandez has added his voice to the condemnation of Turkish referee Cuneyt Cakir’s sending off of Nani against Real Madrid.

The Spain international told Mundo Deportivo: 'Nani is going for the ball so I think it was very harsh. It changes the game; a red card should be for something much worse. There is so little between the big teams in Europe that a sending off makes so much difference.

'I always say with these incidents that you have to look at the intention of the player. Nani is looking at the ball and not at the defender. For me it is very harsh.'

Barcelona benefited from a similar sending off two years ago at the semi-final stage against Real Madrid. But Xavi said: 'I don’t think it is the same because Pepe goes to make the foul. He can see (Dani) Alves throughout the entire incident.

'Nani, on the other hand, doesn’t. Nani sees the ball and wants to control it. He is ‘playing’, not ‘defending’, he does not set out to foul the opponent so the two incidents are completely different.'

The don Xavi gives his neutral point of view on the nani red card.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:47 pm

Xavi being neutral when it involves Real Madrid, really?! I would take Collina's advice any day over Xavi's when it comes to referee decisions.

On a side note, do people really get worked up over Sky commentators pushing an EPL agenda?! They work for Sky, it's probably a contractual obligation to do such things. I personally don't mind once it isn't Jamie Redknapp or Alan Shearer talking. Lord have mercy, those two are bland...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:33 pm

It doesn't matter whether he's looking at the ball or what his intention was. The tackle was dangerous.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:41 pm

Xavi looking for a career of refereeing after retirement?? hmm
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:49 pm

http://www.as.com/actualidad/articulo/cakir-stands-by-nani-decision/20130308dasden_1/Ten

The general consensus in the British press following Tuesday's Champions League tie at Old Trafford was that Cüneyt Çakir's decision to send United's Nani off for dangerous play, radically changed the course of the match. The Turkish referee, who has been widely criticized for his action, stood by his decision when he spoke with AS on Friday, saying, "I feel fine and I am not in any doubt about my decisions. It was correct to issue Nani a red card. In time, everyone will realize that it was the right thing to do".

Some sections of the English press have cited Çakir's previous form with English clubs in European competition and recalled the referee's decision to send John Terry off for kneeing Alexis Sánchez in last season's Champions League semi-final return leg against Barcelona. Also mentioned was the red card Balotelli received for kicking Popov in the chest in the Europe League tie between Manchester City and Dinamo Kiev in 2010-11 as well as Steven Gerrard's dubious dismissal during England's EURO 2012 meeting with Ukraine and the sending off of Chelsea's Gary Cahill in the Club World Cup Final last December.

Çakir also defended his decisions in those matches, telling AS: "I never made an unfair decision in those games involving English sides. Which of them is wrong? The red card I gave Terry, or Balotelli? I know that I was right in booking them or sending them off". The ref says he is has no regrets and feels relaxed despite being in the eye of the media hurricane since Tuesday's match. "It hasn't made me feel bad. I don't think about it. I have been on the end of more criticism for other decisions I have made but I have always bounced back from any complaints I have received. I must carry on. I do my job perfectly".

According to Turkish publication, Milliyet, UEFA gave Çakir a rating of 8.3 for his performance in the second leg tie between Manchester United and Real Madrid. There were question marks over several other decisions in the match such as a penalty appeal when Rafael handled the ball and that Van Persie was in an offside position in the move leading up to United's goal. Yet Çakir's display was endorsed by UEFA Referees Committee member, Pierluigi Collina, who said that the Turkish official got the Nani decision right but should have sent Ferdinand off during the final minutes of the match.

Can't disagree with him here, tbh.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:52 pm

looool xavi please stay talking about football losing everytime barca don't win

CL couldn't come soon enough common Milan kick their ass and their big mouths out of Europe and roura you do the job in LaLiga

"Nani focuses on the ball but Pepe looks to hit Alves" rofl you gotta love this whinging midget sometimes nevermind that one nearly put his studs through a guy while another didn't even touch the other guy. When is the next time we play Barca again? hope Xavi isn't a reserve by then so that Pepe can show him how a real injury looks like

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:59 pm

Funny, I don't remember the British leading a crusade over Van Persie being sent off for us against Barcelona. It's only when anything slightly controversial goes against United that they find their voices Rolling Eyes
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:20 pm

Because Colina isnt going to protect his fellow reffing buddy Laughing You people.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:25 pm

Collina since retirement often just backs up the refs, kind of like how the english ref Gallagher does for the PL refs.

Although Xavi's opinion can never be considered unbias when regards to Real Madrid i do think he's right.

Bias or no bias.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:39 pm

Cakir just came out with a statement

Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:43 pm

Vagi just echoing Barca fans on here. Regardless how he actually feels about the situation, he'll NEVER defend Madrid or any decision that goes their way. If Nani had hit Arbeloa with his car, he'd blame Arbeloa for trying to cross at a zebra crossing
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:00 pm

That 100% true probably.

Still was the wrong decision though.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:07 pm

Truthfully, the ref should have used some tact to his decision. Yes, he was in his right to give the red but a match of this magnitude probably didn't require it.

Still, Collina's report still trumps Xavi's own even if he is defending his ref buddy (which he probably is).
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:30 pm

According to Ferguson, Real were so embarrassed by the red card that “a couple of their players did apologise’’.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/9919157/Manchester-United-manager-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-says-Real-Madrid-apologised-for-referee-error.html

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:38 pm

I truly wish Fergie would STFU. Every time United lose a game, it's like the Diana inquest all over again
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:34 pm

Karate kick to the chest = not a red card.
Some of you barca fans are truly pathetic.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next