Spider
DuringTheWar
Raptorgunner
Jay29
RealGunner
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Five Arsenal players Sign new contracts Empty Five Arsenal players Sign new contracts

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:09 pm

Thought this deserved it's own thread

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/five-young-internationals-sign-new-contracts

Five Arsenal players Sign new contracts Gun__1355928975_5signings

Arsenal Football Club is delighted to announce that five of its young internationals have today signed new long-term contracts.

The quintet of Kieran Gibbs (23), Carl Jenkinson (20), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (19), Aaron Ramsey (21) and Jack Wilshere (20), who are all full internationals, and between them have already made more than 350 first-team appearances for the Gunners, have all committed their long-term futures to Arsenal.

All five players who have signed new deals represent British countries. Midfielder Ramsey has made the most appearances for his country, playing 24 times and also captaining the Wales national team. The other four players who have put pen to paper on new deals, are all full England internationals. Defender Jenkinson is the most recent to win his first cap, making his full England debut in November in the friendly international in Sweden. Defender Gibbs was a regular under-21 international and has now won two England caps, with midfielder Wilshere representing the Three Lions on nine occasions.

Manager Arsène Wenger said: “We are delighted that these five young players have all signed new long-term contracts. The plan is to build a team around a strong basis of young players, in order to get them to develop their talent at the Club. Jack is certainly the best known, the leader of this group - but the other four players are exceptional footballers, and we’re very happy that we could conclude their new deals at the same time.

Wenger continued: “Gibbs, Jenkinson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ramsey and Wilshere represent a core of the squad and it’s an extension for a long period for all of them. I’m a strong believer in stability and I believe when you have a core of British players, it’s always easier to keep them together and that’s what we’ll try to achieve going forward.”

Everyone at Arsenal Football Club looks forward to the continued contribution of Kieran, Carl, Alex, Aaron and Jack in the forthcoming years.

Five Arsenal players Sign new contracts A-fNt8DCQAAAPYC

Excellent news. What do you guys think about the new British core Arsene is implementing ? All are quite some talents and fairly young.

I think this can work better than it has before.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Five Arsenal players Sign new contracts Empty Re: Five Arsenal players Sign new contracts

Post by Jay29 Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:29 pm

It's risky, if you believe the reports about what these guys are earning now:

Wilshere - £80k +
Ramsey - £60k
Chamberlain - £52k
Gibbs - Not sure, but probably similar to Chamberlain
Jenkinson - £25k

To be honest, only Jenkinson and Gibbs deserve new deals at this time. The other three were just given new deals because of their potential or, in Wilshere's case, as a means of making the fans feel good. I'm sure we remember how this has backfired on us with Denilson and Bendtner.

I'm not really sold on Chamberlain and Ramsey and don't think they should be earning that much money. I really hope they both prove me wrong because they can become very good players.

On a more positive note, as an Englishman I am quite happy that we've tied down a talented group of British players. Fingers crossed we can add Walcott to the list.

Also, on a side, Brandon Ormonde-Ottewill has signed his first professional contract. Supposed to be quite talented, from what I hear.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Five Arsenal players Sign new contracts Empty Re: Five Arsenal players Sign new contracts

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:30 pm

Great news for Arsenal and England, no its Theo's turn to sign the contract.

Ramsey, Oxlade and Jenk should go on a loan imo to teams that play them.

We need more good news, please Wenger dont let us down.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:41 pm

Five Arsenal players Sign new contracts Gun__1355928975_5signings

lol at Wenger, that smile. :bow:

Jenk looks like he wants to change his mind for more money. Laughing
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:51 pm

Ramsey has gotten so terrible I really can't see a way back for him, seriously he has been THAT bad. I'm unable to invisage him having a future here, he just drags the team down with him whenever he plays, he actually makes others play worse

Obviously glad about wilshere, but I'm not convinced about Gibbs, dude still is prone to stupid mistakes and his final pass is usually terrible (on same level as clichy)

Chamberlain, I think he will be very good so pleased about that

Jenkinson, if we sell Sagna and promote Jenks to first choice I will lose the plot. At arsenal I think Jenks is a squad player tbh
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:07 pm

Come on Theo join them bounce
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by furiouswindbottom Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:20 pm

Ox should not be sent on loan imo. He can play for our first team. No problem. Ok, he has been poor but his last 2 or three games he looks pretty good. He's got pace and power as well as skill. Pace is something we really need to keep in the side.

So, happy with Ox, Gibbs, Jenks and JW.

It doesn't feel nice saying Ramsey doesn't deserve a new 'improved' contract, but his game has gone to pieces. This is not a new thing, it's gone on for over a year now and he seems to get worse with each game.

Some may claim it's not fair to get on the lads back at such a young age, but the fans didn't. For about a year. After seeing him drag the team down many just wanted him benched or sold.

Ramsey should have been sent on loan and NOT given an increase in pay. Perhaps a one year extension but that's it.

In my opinion, if we are paying Ox 52k, we've got a good deal. Put it this way, if we put him up for sale he would cost around 20million and could easily get 100k elsewhere.

Now, we just need Theo to sort himself out and realise that he can't play at a better club than Arsenal.
furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:49 pm

When you see it. affraid
Five Arsenal players Sign new contracts A-feK6RCMAE1H6z
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:53 pm

We all knew about this a week ago, Arsenal are so late with their announcement.

Remember Carzola and Podolski playing few games for Arsenal before Arsenal announced them signing with Arsenal. :bow: :bow:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:57 pm

Wenger wrote:I’m a strong believer in stability and I believe when you have a core of British players, it’s always easier to keep them together and that’s what we’ll try to achieve going forward.”

*cough* Walcott *cough* Cashley *cough*
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:12 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
Wenger wrote:I’m a strong believer in stability and I believe when you have a core of British players, it’s always easier to keep them together and that’s what we’ll try to achieve going forward.”

If Man City or Chelsea offer 250k to 300k a week to jack in 2 years; who in Arsenal going to stop them? :coffee:

The players contracts dont mean anything anymore.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:17 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:It's risky, if you believe the reports about what these guys are earning now:

Wilshere - £80k +
Ramsey - £60k
Chamberlain - £52k
Jenkinson - £25k

To be honest, only Jenkinson and Gibbs deserve new deals at this time. The other three were just given new deals because of their potential or, in Wilshere's case, as a means of making the fans feel good. I'm sure we remember how this has backfired on us with Denilson and Bendtner.

I'm not really sold on Chamberlain and Ramsey and don't think they should be earning that much money. I really hope they both prove me wrong because they can become very good players.

On a more positive note, as an Englishman I am quite happy that we've tied down a talented group of British players. Fingers crossed we can add Walcott to the list.

Also, on a side, Brandon Ormonde-Ottewill has signed his first professional contract. Supposed to be quite talented, from what I hear.

And Walcott was offered 75k? If I were him I would be pissed also. If Ramsey is making 60k then 100k for Theo is very reasonable.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:23 pm

6unner wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:It's risky, if you believe the reports about what these guys are earning now:

Wilshere - £80k +
Ramsey - £60k
Chamberlain - £52k
Jenkinson - £25k

And Walcott was offered 75k? If I were him I would be pissed also. If Ramsey is making 60k then 100k for Theo is very reasonable.

I agree with you, imo Wenger is favoring certain players. Ramsey is Wenger's favorite son.

Remember Wenger wants total control.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:27 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:

If Man City or Chelsea offer 250k to 300k a week to jack in 2 years; who in Arsenal going to stop them? :coffee:

His very own Heart!

Last edited by Sina on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:28 pm

2 years until we sign Wilshere and turn him into a DM :bow: Laughing
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:32 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:

If the club continues down the same predictable path as the last several years all that someone is going to need to do is come in and offer them Ambition and the chance to really compete for honors and silverware. The bump in pay will be extra.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:33 pm

Forgot to add that I'm extremely happy for Jack Wilshere, Kieran Gibbs and Carl Jenkinson cheers

Wilshere is obvious... future world class footballer, Gibbs because he has improved so much this season and Jenkinson because he's mr. Arsena, will give everything whenever he has a chance and is a fan of Arsenal football club.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:34 pm

Five Arsenal players Sign new contracts 8Mwm4

Laughing

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:42 pm

LMAO rofl
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:45 pm

I hope this is not what our "transfer warchest" went into completely.

That apart, it is good news. Glad to hear it.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:36 pm

srigooner wrote:I hope this is not what our "transfer warchest" went into completely.

That apart, it is good news. Glad to hear it.

Dont worry there will be money when we sell Walcott and Sagna. eco smile

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:38 pm

If these figures are anything to go by then it's madness...especially when we still have people like bendtner and denilson on these wages...

I really don't understand how the club is run, forget the football side, let's talk wage bill...why would ramsey a bit part 21 year old be on 60k?! to put this in perspective these 5 players together if reports true earn more than messi....r u kidding?

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:47 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/23/premier-league-accounts-profit-debt

To be fair the wage bill looks really good this year as other clubs seem to have upped the ante and we stayed reasonable but handing out these massive contracts to kid's is a waste....

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:04 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:Ramsey has gotten so terrible I really can't see a way back for him, seriously he has been THAT bad. I'm unable to invisage him having a future here, he just drags the team down with him whenever he plays, he actually makes others play worse

Obviously glad about wilshere, but I'm not convinced about Gibbs, dude still is prone to stupid mistakes and his final pass is usually terrible (on same level as clichy)

Chamberlain, I think he will be very good so pleased about that

Jenkinson, if we sell Sagna and promote Jenks to first choice I will lose the plot. At arsenal I think Jenks is a squad player tbh

i agree with you completely, ramsey however, he may still improve but he doesn't deserve this new contract and should go out on loan. wenger is too soft. oh well i guess its not too bad, next year the epl is getting a huge financial boost which will benefit arsenal.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:28 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next