Spider
DuringTheWar
Raptorgunner
Jay29
RealGunner
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Five Arsenal players Sign new contracts - Page 2 Empty Re: Five Arsenal players Sign new contracts

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:28 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Five Arsenal players Sign new contracts - Page 2 Empty Re: Five Arsenal players Sign new contracts

Post by julias Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:37 pm

loooool
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:41 pm

banana

That's all I got to say about that.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:05 pm

Remember we used to get flak for not playing more British players?

Dat English round table :bow:
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:21 am

banana
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:35 pm

British grit and steel :bow:

I'm happy for all those signings except for Ramsey... but he's still young as frack so it's not like there no room for improvement.

Walcott not being included here means he's surely leaving...
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:04 pm

I am more happy with this than hmm
Wilshere is wc and our future captain.. The team will be build around him.. So 85k tying him till 25 years of age for a near WC player.. Fair..
Gibbs.. He has improved immensively this season and is finally proving to be the player Wenger saw.. He is 23 now.. Tying him till 28 years at 52k.. Fair.. Only problem is he keeps getting little injuries which can affect his consistency...
Ramsey.. He deserves an extension like any other player.. But not a wage rise.. At 60k, i fear there is a genuine risk of those Bendtner and Denilson situations.. Cant see Wenger doing this without seeing him as a future starter for Arsenal, may be even as a winger Laughing he surely has the talent.. his problems are more mental.. He will surely come back to his best soon.. Can improve to be a squad player atleast..
Ox.. may be too early to sign an extension.. He surely has the talent and 52k does not sound a bad investment..
Jenkinson.. 25k.. Decent contract.. Enough for a not so proven player.. But sadly, this means Sagna is gone.. I remember when Jenko was signed, it was said that he can play cb too.. Any chance he does up cb.. His physique and gamestyle more suits a CB..
So according to me, good contracts for Wilshere and Gibbs.. Decent but early contracts to Ox and Jenko.. Ramseys contract can end up both ways..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:16 pm

Wowwww....Best signin (cere Smile money) ever seen !

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:23 am

Wilson37 wrote:I remember when Jenko was signed, it was said that he can play cb too.. Any chance he does up cb.. His physique and gamestyle more suits a CB..

have you seen Jenkinson's work rate, he is build to play in the wings, he has outrun alot of people this year
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:23 am

Wenger on Walcott "I am happy to pay Theo the money he deserves. I am a big supporter and I believe he is happy here."

I dont get it now, what is Wenger saying? cheers
It looks like we Walcott might be staying.
-----------------------------------------
Wenger said: “I am happy to pay Theo the money he deserves. I believe the board will follow my recommendation if it is possible. hmm

“We have a wage bill that has to be respected. When the cost is higher than expected, I ask the board to do it and most of the time they follow my demands.

“But I feel as well that I bought him at 17 years of age and spent a lot of money on him.

“I am a big supporter and I believe he is happy here. He has always looked to me like he is an Arsenal man.”
Wenger added: “I believe what is important to keep the young players together is that at some stage I have stood up for them.

“I can say ‘I paid you at 17, 18, 19 years of age and I know I took a gamble’.

“It is easier to take a player of 25 and put him in the team. You know what you are getting.

“If you put them in at 17 or 18, you have to stand up for them. You know risk losing games while they are learning their job.

“Once you have produced them, you want to say, ‘Okay, let’s stay together and win together.’ Somewhere along the line they need to give back to the club what the club has given to them.

“Afterwards, when a guy gets to 30, you can understand it is his last contract and if he feels he wants a change, I can understand that. This is a more sensitive age, but basically, it is a reward for our policy.”

Wenger reiterated that a potential Walcott exit - both Liverpool and Manchester United are keen on him - would be “a big loss for Arsenal” adding: “I want him to stay and I have been consistent on that.

“You do not want the players to stay because they are scared to go somewhere else. You would like them to stay because they love where they are and they are committed to the club. That, for me, is the most important thing.

“But we will not sell Theo in January. That is for sure.

“He has to make his mind up now and I hope the decision taken by the other players will help him to do that.

“My gut feeling is that he belongs to this club and that I hope he will do it and sign for us. I have always been convinced he will stay.

“But it is not imminent, it is not as far as that. We know that once he;s made up his mind it will be quick.”
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:04 am

Raptorgunner wrote:Five Arsenal players Sign new contracts - Page 2 Gun__1355928975_5signings

lol at Wenger, that smile. :bow:

Jenk looks like he wants to change his mind for more money. Laughing

That pedo 'I like kids' smile :bow:

The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:32 am

Really?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:57 am

Wenger slowly planning on making a completely british starting 11? hmm

-------------Walcott----------

Oxlade----Wilshere----Zaha

-----Ramsey----- ????------

Gibbs---???---???--Jenkinson
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:40 am

Legend wrote:
Wilson37 wrote:I remember when Jenko was signed, it was said that he can play cb too.. Any chance he does up cb.. His physique and gamestyle more suits a CB..

have you seen Jenkinson's work rate, he is build to play in the wings, he has outrun alot of people this year
will be interesting if he can do both.. a backup cb like Ivanoic...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:42 am

Five Arsenal players Sign new contracts - Page 2 65143_442717539115885_1849637247_n

what will be your reaction if they are signing new contracts..?? Razz
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum