VendettaRed07
DuringTheWar
RealGunner
Raptorgunner
Lex
Jay29
13 posters

Go down

Mertesacker and Rosicky sign new contracts; Ramsey to follow Empty Mertesacker and Rosicky sign new contracts; Ramsey to follow

Post by Jay29 Tue 4 Mar - 15:11:42

Per Mertesacker and Tomas Rosicky have signed new contracts with Arsenal.

The experienced internationals have committed their futures to the Club after once again impressing with their performances this season.

Mertesacker, 29, has established himself as one of the Club’s most consistent performers since joining from Werder Bremen in August 2011. Now in his third season with Arsenal, the Germany international has made 110 appearances and has become one of the squad’s most senior players, captaining the team in the absence of Thomas Vermaelen and Mikel Arteta.

Rosicky, 33, now in his eighth season with Arsenal, continues to be an influential force in the Gunners’ midfield. Currently on 209 appearances for the Club, the Czech Republic captain brings experience, industry and technical prowess to the team, as well as a habit of scoring important goals.

“We are delighted that Mertesacker and Rosicky have committed their futures to the Club," said Arsène Wenger. "They are players of exceptional quality and experience, and have consistently proven themselves at the highest level. There is a great feeling of togetherness and belief in the group and this news will only help to strengthen this further.”

Mertesacker said: “It was easy for me to commit myself to the Club. I have been here for two and a half great years and feel I have great support from everyone at the Club and the fans. I’m really looking forward to having more years coming up with this fantastic club. We have a great team here and we all want to do our best to win trophies.”

He added: “On my first visit to England as a boy I bought an Arsenal jersey as a souvenir and I was so proud wearing it when playing football with my friends. Many years later, I have become a real Gunner, being even more proud to wear the Arsenal jersey. I am truly thankful to the Club and all the supporters for the time I have had here so far. And today I am deeply proud to have extended my contract with Arsenal. I’m proud to be a Gunner.”

Rosicky said: “I'm very happy that I'm staying at the Club. I'm proud that I'm still here after a long time and that it still continues. I'm glad I'm here at Arsenal and we’re all trying our best to win trophies for the Club and our supporters.”

He added: “Ever since I arrived at Arsenal, I have always felt that I'm at the right place where I want to be. I still feel this way now and I'm proud that after such a long time I'm still here and will continue. One big factor is that I want to win the league with Arsenal. It's my big goal and I will do everything that I can to achieve it. Arsenal is a great club, we have a great spirit here and we are all working together to do the best we can.”

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20140304/new-deals-for-mertesacker-and-rosicky

Rosicky has apparently signed a two year extension, meaning that if he sees out this new deal, he'll have been at the club long enough to have a testimonial. Don't know the specifics of PerMer's new deal yet, but imagine he must be one of the highest earners at the club now.

Ramsey is expected to sign a new £100k p/w five year deal soon, too:

Aaron Ramsey will give Arsenal a major boost this week by signing a vastly improved five-year contract with the club. The Wales international has agreed a deal worth in excess of £100,000 a week, more than doubling his current salary and making him the second-highest paid player at Arsenal, behind only Mesut Özil.

Ramsey had more than two years remaining on the deal he signed in December 2012 but it is a measure of how highly Arsène Wenger regards the 23-year-old midfielder that the Arsenal manager was keen to extend the player's contract at the earliest opportunity as well as approve a significant wage increase.

It is understood that negotiations have been taking place between Ramsey's agent, David Baldwin, and Arsenal for the last month, and the club are set to announce confirmation of the new contract in the next 48 hours.

In another piece of good news for Arsenal supporters, Ramsey has returned to full training this week, after being sidelined for more than two months with a thigh injury. There is no possibility of Ramsey featuring in the FA Cup quarter-final at home against Everton on Saturday but there is an outside chance that he will be in the squad that travels to Bayern Munich next Tuesday, when Arsenal will need to overturn a 2-0 first leg defeat to reach the last eight of the Champions League.

Ramsey's new contract is the fourth that he has signed at Arsenal since joining from Cardiff City for £5m six years ago, at the age of 17, and reflects his growing status not only at the club but in world football. His sensational form earlier this season, when he scored a remarkable 15 goals for club and country by the end of November, brought widespread acclaim and led to interest from leading clubs on the continent, including Barcelona and Real Madrid, as well as Manchester City.

Arsenal, however, have no intention of losing a player whose best years are ahead of him and who is regarded as central to the club's future success. Wenger hugely admires Ramsey's attributes and has invested great time in developing the player he convinced to join Arsenal ahead of Manchester United as a teenager.

Even when Ramsey fractured his fibula and tibia in a challenge with Stoke City's Ryan Shawcross at the Britannia Stadium four years ago, and took an extended period to recover psychologically as well as physically from the trauma of that career-threatening injury, Wenger's faith in the player never wavered. This season has been vindication for the Frenchman.

After finishing the previous campaign strongly, Ramsey's outstanding performances in the centre of midfield helped to propel Arsenal to the top of the Premier League and made him a leading contender for the Professional Footballers' Association's Player of the Year award until his season was disrupted by injury.

Ramsey picked up a thigh strain in the 3-1 victory at West Ham United on Boxing Day and aggravated the problem in training at the end of the following month. He has not played since but now hopes to return in time to play a major part in the run-in.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/04/aaron-ramsey-new-five-year-arsenal-contract?CMP=twt_gu

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Mertesacker and Rosicky sign new contracts; Ramsey to follow Empty Re: Mertesacker and Rosicky sign new contracts; Ramsey to follow

Post by Lex Tue 4 Mar - 15:19:53

Ramsey well deserved

inb4mediahasabitchfit
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Mertesacker and Rosicky sign new contracts; Ramsey to follow Empty Re: Mertesacker and Rosicky sign new contracts; Ramsey to follow

Post by Raptorgunner Tue 4 Mar - 17:36:25

Great news, if only Sagna signs would make it a great year.

Mertesacker and Rosicky sign new contracts; Ramsey to follow Screen-Shot-2014-03-04-at-2.33.11-PM
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 4 Mar - 18:32:28

Molenation
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Tue 4 Mar - 19:10:27

Seeing as Ramsey had over 2 years left on his contract, I think we should wait another year before bumping him up to 100k +.

He's had about 7 months of good form (3 good months last season, 4 outstanding months this season) How is that long enough to suddenly become a top earner.

Just imagine if he reverts to his pre 2013 self and he's on 100k a week :facepalm:

Sorry the sensible thing to do is wait 1 more season and see how he does. First off see how he comes back from this injury for starters
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue 4 Mar - 19:33:38

Great to get Rosicky back for two years. He's going to retire at Arsenal . A legend :')

Great for Mert too. Our real captain.  Molenation 

I love ramsey. But this is too soon. I would wait to see him get fit before handing him that kind of deal. I know the injury isn't anything too serious... But I just hate the idea of giving players extensions and new contracts when they are injured. He hasn't played in months.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Tue 4 Mar - 20:33:17

Im so happy for Rosicky.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Tue 4 Mar - 20:36:21

Great to see players committing their future to the club, you get the feeling that they actually want to play for the club. Smart move by the club improving Ramsey's contract right now, if we wait then there is a good chance he will run down his contract just like Theo,Judas and Nasri did
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue 4 Mar - 22:42:56

Great news

also well deserved Ramsey
we are now extending with him not just as promising talent for future but already key player in the team
so pay rise on merit
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Wed 5 Mar - 1:25:27

Love it. Love it. Love it.

Tomas and Per - full deserved.

Aaron, little surprised, as he only recently signed extension and great form has only been shown for a few months, but he's got so much potential.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Wed 5 Mar - 3:42:08

DuringTheWar wrote:Seeing as Ramsey had over 2 years left on his contract, I think we should wait another year before bumping him up to 100k +.

He's had about 7 months of good form (3 good months last season, 4 outstanding months this season) How is that long enough to suddenly become a top earner.

Just imagine if he reverts to his pre 2013 self and he's on 100k a week :facepalm:

Sorry the sensible thing to do is wait 1 more season and see how he does. First off see how he comes back from this injury for starters

The sensible thing to do is to tie him down, he's young, Arsenal future and hot property come next year. Wait another year and we get another Sagna situation when we're hopelessly out of control, so yeah I'm sick of losing players left and right.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Wed 5 Mar - 19:14:39

Twoism wrote:
DuringTheWar wrote:Seeing as Ramsey had over 2 years left on his contract, I think we should wait another year before bumping him up to 100k +.

The sensible thing to do is to tie him down, he's young, Arsenal future and hot property come next year. Wait another year and we get another Sagna situation when we're hopelessly out of control, so yeah I'm sick of losing players left and right.

How long is left on his contract? The article said more than two, so I presumed 3 more years at least, maybe it's just 2?

Anyway, it's not his fault but basically the last 7 months is the only really good form of his career so far since he was a teenager. His longevity is totally unproven and we've essentially giving him 100k a week because of a run of good form. That's really questionable imo
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed 5 Mar - 19:25:04

In this day and age, contracts dont mean anything. The clubs are taking huge risks of signing players long term.

Look at Diaby, IF healthy one of the best midfielders in the world and now look at him? feel so sad for him but he is getting millions for doing nothing.

At least he is doing something he loves.

Mertesacker and Rosicky sign new contracts; Ramsey to follow 1fd2447496dae08addf2750cc9bf51ce_zps939ac8d5

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed 5 Mar - 21:14:57

Fantastic news on three of them.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Thu 6 Mar - 14:21:16

Really glad for both Rosicky and Per. I think its kinda soon for Ramsey but whatever he has been our best player this season and he deserves it.

Raptor how can you be so sure that he is getting his salary? i mean he has been injured for so long and there could be mutual agreement between club and player.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu 6 Mar - 16:11:55

djoe26 wrote:Really glad for both Rosicky and Per. I think its kinda soon for Ramsey but whatever he has been our best player this season and he deserves it.

Raptor how can you be so sure that he is getting his salary? i mean he has been injured for so long and there could be mutual agreement between club and player.

I dont know, but I would find it highly unlikely, he would be throwing away millions. Maybe player insurance is paying for him?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue 18 Mar - 18:09:49

Ramsey, Cazorla and Zelelam all sign new deals:

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20140318/cazorla-ramsey-zelalem-sign-contracts

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 18 Mar - 18:22:43

Get in there cheers
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue 18 Mar - 18:47:57

Awesome! Sagna to follow :coffee:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue 18 Mar - 19:59:27

Sagna is next.

Mertesacker and Rosicky sign new contracts; Ramsey to follow BjByhU1IcAAhcAM
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down