McAgger
The Franchise
dmize
Gil
Blue Barrett
26 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 20 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by dmize Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:39 pm

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/18/kobe-bryant-says-he-needs-more-help-from-teammates/

Kobe needs more help offensively so he can play better on defense.

Rudy for MWP and Ebanks, get it done Mitch

dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 20 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by The Franchise Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:48 pm

Howad could of had more shots yeah, he got 7. But when you consider he went to the line thus taking away his shot attempts..that like another 6 shots right there.

Anyway, the fact he missed his FT's is the reason he gets blame and the reason why they didnt win. Well that and they couldnt get any stops in the clutch.

Allen came up big, especially that jumper of Howard.

Irving could of been a starter, I agree, especially over Wade, but I didnt even think for a second that would happen, as exciting as Irving is, Wade is Wade.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:09 pm

More on LA, I think they got a problem. Other then the obvious that they arent in the playoffs if this continues.

Kobe can carry them offensively, he can do that while they suck. He can score near 30 a night and so on. He can do that and play the obsurd 38 minutes a night they play him at.

However, you then on defence have to have him guard a non scorer on defence. Against certain teams, that easy, put him on the Brewer's, Sefalosha's, and Tony Allens of this world. The problem is, when that happens he refuses to guard them. He goes hunting for steals in the passing lanes and the defence falls apart because of it.

So what they did was, because Nash cant guard anyone, have Kobe guard the best player on the other end. They had him guard Jennings and Irving already. He has to concentrate on that end of the floor now, he has to do the right things and not go hunting.

So now your asking a guy 16 odd years into his career to guard the best scorer, carry the main load offensively and play 38 a night...Kobe is a gamer, he will do it, but it will NEVER work.

He will get worn out easily and have off shooting nights when his legs aint under him and even if they make the playoffs he wont have the energy to do anything there.

They have to

A. Sort out the offence.
B. Ship Pau out for another shot creator, a tall, athletic and long 3 for example
C. Get Kobe's minutes down.

If they dont do this, it doesnt matter what they do, they wont do anything this year.

Nobody does what Kobe is doing in terms of the minutes, the defence and the offence. Durant is the closest, but he has Westbrook who creates shots, Durant rarely has to iso.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:25 pm

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:35 am

I agree he needs to avoid guarding elite players for the majority of the game but against the Heat he really has no choice.. If he guards say Chalmers, then Nash will get abused by D-Wade.. Its either D-Wade or LeBron, pick your poison

If he guards Thabo then Westbrook rapes Nash too right?
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:22 am

No, I think he should guard the elites. If he doesnt, he wont play defence at all. The problem is the Lakers need to take some load off him by having a more balanced offence and/or taking his minutes down. He is close to 38 a game I think, guys his age should be in the low 30's...someone like him, no more than 34-35 in my opinion.

Against the Heat, he had to guard Wade no matter what. But before that he took a 2 speedy point guards in Jennings and Irving...I doubt anyone watched the Bucks game, but he actually picked up Jennings full court too. Thats too much.

He should guard those guys, Westbrook too, but not while having to carry that much of a load offensively and for that amount of minutes.

They need to trade Gasol for a wing. Play MWP and Jamison at the 4, Howard and Hill at the 5, new guy and Clark at the 3.

If they really aint going to trade Pau, when do these start thinking about Howard. Because what are the chances he stays beyond this season as the team currently is?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:56 am

I thought you were trying to see he shouldn't guard elite's because its too much.. My bad

I would rather him guard 'lesser' players on D (actually be forced to stay on them and not drift off like you say) so he can be fresher on the offensive end rather than the other way around.. Offense is what Kobe does best so I would try and maximize that

He would still have to try and get the big men involved, I'm not saying he should maintain the load he is carrying now, he would just be fresher down the stretch..

LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:05 am

It was a little confusing, probably didnt word it the best.

I too think it would be better if he stayed on the lesser guys, but nobody can force him not to drift..he always will, im sure of it.

If he doesnt respect your scoring, he will sag off. In fact, even your a scorer but not a really elite guy he still will. He gave guys like Affalo and Gallinari open shots...they can score, but they arent elite, so he doesnt both still. He never will.

The problem with getting the big men involved isnt as simple as it seems, when I watch the Lakers the same things happen over and over.

Howard needs really deep position, really deep. So that limits how many times you can just throw it to him. Plus that terrible coach doesnt want post ups...so most of Howards shots have to be pick and roll..its easy to take it away from him when you can just collapse in and let guys like Metta World peace shot.

The other post player they have is so passive in the post, he is easily knocked out of position. If not, he is busy shooting jumpers.

Really, Kobe needs another wing player to create his own shot. Nash has done a decent job, but he is a pick and roll guy, thats how he creates...and again, without spot up shooters, its easier to render him ineffective.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:17 am

D'Antoni should just threaten to bench him if he sags off his man eco smile

Pau for Rudy ? hmm
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:30 am

More likely is Kobe telling Mike to go to the locker room and wait, he "got this" Laughing

That trade works for LA, but not the Grizz. Cant play the two Gasols and Z-Bo..too much of a logjam I think

If you go with a 3 man rotation up front, thats ZBO at 35 a game and Marc at almost the same. Leaving 26 for Pau. Probably not enough.

Could drop ZBO and Marc down to 32, Pau's up to 32...dont know. I wouldnt do it if I were the Grizz but worse has happened.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:51 am

Paul Pierce stat whoring tendencies costing us a game. Great.

Up 2, 15 seconds left, C's have the ball Rondo inbounds the ball and Pierce just decides to hold it so he could take FT's and get his points up(all he had to do was keep the ball moving). Then proceeds to get trapped into a held ball where we lose possession and the Bulls take it to OT and then win.

I know he was thinking about his stats because he does it all the time(ie won't shoot long at the end of quarters to save his % smh acts like he doesn't know how much time is left).

dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:08 am

Anyone agree with me that Bradley Beal and John Wall will be the best backcourt in the NBA?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:09 am

The Franchise wrote:More likely is Kobe telling Mike to go to the locker room and wait, he "got this" Laughing

That trade works for LA, but not the Grizz. Cant play the two Gasols and Z-Bo..too much of a logjam I think

If you go with a 3 man rotation up front, thats ZBO at 35 a game and Marc at almost the same. Leaving 26 for Pau. Probably not enough.

Could drop ZBO and Marc down to 32, Pau's up to 32...dont know. I wouldnt do it if I were the Grizz but worse has happened.

Maybe get a third team in there, Pau can go somewhere else and Rudy goes to LA..

In other news this OKC vs Dallas game is crazy! Durant is going HAM
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:11 am

Gil wrote:Anyone agree with me that Bradley Beal and John Wall will be the best backcourt in the NBA?

I don't know about Beal but Wall ( :bow: ) can be a top 3 PG IMO
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:32 am

Durant da gawd. Even on an off shooting night he can get to the line and pad those stats.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:06 am

Laughing Tragic Bronson. Dat behind the back pass.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:26 pm

lol wall and beal...no. That would be rondo and harden for me :3
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:23 pm

vizkosity wrote:lol wall and beal...no. That would be rondo and harden for me :3

Since when do Rondo and Harden play on the same team? :facepalm:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:19 am

The 8 Playoff spots in the East are already claimed. Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:42 am

Swagg wrote:
vizkosity wrote:lol wall and beal...no. That would be rondo and harden for me :3

i thought u meant by any 2 players that u can pair with
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:00 am

vizkosity wrote:
Swagg wrote:

i thought u meant by any 2 players that u can pair with

nah tongue
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:25 am

Sad
i start to like the nash/kobe combo now....although they need some more time to gel up. Howard however....doesn't deserve that spot on all-star starting lineup
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:42 am

Curry and Thompson are probably the best shooting duo without a doubt.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:55 pm

the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 20 8397545394_d6668ecb05_o.0_standard_730.0

Dude has no shame lol. Should get fined for that BS.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:26 pm

Def should be a fine.. Disgraceful stuff

Lou Williams is out for the season with a torn ACL, damn..
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:37 pm

Lakers just start coming back on the Raptors and then Dwight gets ejected Laughing
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next