McAgger
The Franchise
dmize
Gil
Blue Barrett
26 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 19 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by dmize Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:09 pm

NBA in London... Knicks vs Pistons is starting now on NBAtv

dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 19 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:57 pm

An old Penny Hardaway interview, real humble dude.. Weird how he used to have dreams about a career ending injury then ended up having one though hmm

LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:50 pm

Penny was a beast pre injury. The guy could handle the rock like crazy, make passes...he literally had the skill of a top level point in a 6'7 body.

And when I mean he really has that skill, I dont mean like Boris Diaw or Lamar Odom who can pass and handle the ball...Penny could cross anyone over.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:53 pm

I coach 4 basketball teams but still have no real idea about the sport beyond the basics.

Winging it was never in it.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:35 pm

The Franchise wrote:Penny was a beast pre injury. The guy could handle the rock like crazy, make passes...he literally had the skill of a top level point in a 6'7 body.

And when I mean he really has that skill, I dont mean like Boris Diaw or Lamar Odom who can pass and handle the ball...Penny could cross anyone over.

Yeah man, I think he could of been the best PG since Magic really.. He was better than J Kidd, Payton and all those guys imo.. Was an elite playmaker, was up there in steals every year, and could score like an elite SG.. Started dominating right from his second year too

What a shame
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:45 pm

Hard to compare, those guys had long careers while we only saw young Penny for a few years and we dont know how he would turn out at his peak.

I dont think he was as good as Payton was in his prime, say 96 where he held Jordan to his lowest scoring game in the finals ever and I dont think he was a good as Kidd was for the Nets.

But yeah, he was great, could go in the post, could drive and pass, could dunk on you, could shoot the J and could defend 2 positions, 3 depending on match ups.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:48 pm

Anyone wanna give me some simple tactics I could use. (cant use full court press in 1st half)
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:57 pm

I can help, coached for some time, have qualification still.

What you need to know exactly? Actually, what do you know/use now..might save me giving you info you dont need.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:01 am

The Franchise wrote:Hard to compare, those guys had long careers while we only saw young Penny for a few years and we dont know how he would turn out at his peak.

I dont think he was as good as Payton was in his prime, say 96 where he held Jordan to his lowest scoring game in the finals ever and I dont think he was a good as Kidd was for the Nets.

But yeah, he was great, could go in the post, could drive and pass, could dunk on you, could shoot the J and could defend 2 positions, 3 depending on match ups.

Payton was the better defender but what else was he better at though? lol

Kidd is the better floor general, but Penny is a much better scorer and can pass just as well imo..

But yeah who knows what would of happened, I just don't see how his game would of not gotten better if he stayed healthy..
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:02 am

The Franchise wrote:I can help, coached for some time, have qualification still.

What you need to know exactly? Actually, what do you know/use now..might save me giving you info you dont need.

First of all we're talking about under-age basketball here. (going from 12/13 year olds to 19 year olds depending on the team. ) I'm such a noob tbh. I focus on defence. I pick 2/3 tall players for my teams and get them to work on blocking shots and getting rebounds and use the others to press the outside. On attack I'm like: "put the ball through the hoop". I need help on that mainly.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:04 am

TheRedStag wrote:Anyone wanna give me some simple tactics I could use. (cant use full court press in 1st half)

I wouldn't know the first thing about coaching lol.. I always believe in basketball its about the players mostly

Just get 2-3 talented players and let them do there thing, get a few hustle players in there for toughness.. Then go from there tongue .. Defense is another issue though
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:16 am

This is Kobe Bryant, pretty much, unchained.

Thereā€™s something different about you. You seem so ... calm.

Because I am. Thatā€™s just the maturation. Thatā€™s 17 years of seeing everything the game can dish out. Iā€™ve seen it all before. Thereā€™s no need to get too crazy or bent out of shape. There are still challenges every day. But Iā€™m still having fun. I was born to play this game. I still love it.

So youā€™re not a ticking time bomb?

[Laughs.] No, not at all. This is all stuff weā€™re going to work through. I know I donā€™t have much longer to do this so Iā€™m going to enjoy it. Iā€™m still going to find those challenges.

Are you still adding to your game?

At the end of 2003, my game was complete. Shooting, defense, using the dribble, transition, midrange stuff was all there. Then it was about fine-tuning and trying to improve in each area. People think the footwork stuff is new, but Iā€™ve always had great footwork. If you go back and look at film from 10 years ago, itā€™s all there: up-and-unders, spin moves, everything. Iā€™ve been interested in footwork and how it benefits you since I was 8 or 9 years old. Thatā€™s just the way I was taught the game. The technical parts of the game always interested me.

You think youā€™ll ever score 50 again?

Yeah, itā€™ll happen.

Why have you only won one MVP?

Because I played with Shaq. Itā€™s that simple. A lot of the time we cancelled each other out. I sacrificed a lot playing with him. I really did. I did it for the success of the team. If I never played with him, my numbers would have been ridiculous.

Do you ever look back and marvel at some of the things youā€™ve accomplished like, say, the 81-point game?

To this day Iā€™ve never seen that game. I donā€™t feel the need to watch it. What am I going to learn? I donā€™t watch those tapes. If Iā€™m watching film itā€™s usually for an upcoming opponent.

[+] Enlarge
Jordan-BryantVince Bucci/AFP/Getty ImagesKobe says he was never intimidated when up against MJ.
When was the last time you watched Michael Jordan tapes?

Wow, itā€™s been a while. Probably not since 1999. I used to watch a bunch, but that was a long time ago.

What was it like dropping 33 on him as a 19-year-old in your second year?

I wasnā€™t scared or nervous back then when I played Jordan. He looked at me like he was going to f--- me up but I had to let him know that I wasnā€™t that guy. I let him know that Iā€™m not like all those other guys he played against. Thatā€™s not what I was there for. I was there to compete and I did.

Did you let him know that verbally?

More so by the way I played and competed.

Early on you got tired of the MJ comparisons, but a part of you had to be flattered, right?

I appreciated them, but after a while it just got old. They eventually faded away because I was putting together my own identity. But Iā€™ll never forget how much I learned from MJ. I got so much from him. I knew what he did, I knew his moves and I used them. But for me the comparisons didnā€™t work because our situations were totally different. I came straight out of high school and played with a dominant big in Shaquille. Man, I was so young when I got to the NBA. What was I, like, 17? I mean, 17! The more you think about it, my situation was completely different than MJā€™s, so the comparisons were just, you know, I stopped paying attention to them.

Ironically, toward the end of your career those comparisons are starting to return.

I donā€™t mind that now. Itā€™s different now that Iā€™m at the end of my career and I can look back. Fans will always want to know whoā€™s better and like to compare players, and I love that. Thatā€™s what I used to do. Thatā€™s why people are into basketball, because itā€™s fun to debate those kinds of things.

React to this statement: A 17-year-old picked No. 13 in the draft will finish his career as one of the 10 best players ever.

If you would have told me that back then, Iā€™d say you were nuts. Just nuts. Itā€™s hard to believe.

Are you a top-five player all-time?

I donā€™t know. I hope so. Iā€™ve still got a little time left, but honestly I havenā€™t thought a whole bunch about legacy and that kind of stuff. I just feel like there will be plenty of time for that.

Have you ever been intimidated on the basketball court?

Never. Not at all. My mind doesnā€™t work that way. Itā€™s something thatā€™s never even entered my thought process. The last time I was intimidated was when I was 6 years old in karate class. I was an orange belt and the instructor ordered me to fight a black belt who was a couple years older and a lot bigger. I was scared s---less. I mean, I was terrified and he kicked my ass. But then I realized he didnā€™t kick my ass as bad as I thought he was going to and that there was nothing really to be afraid of. That was around the time I realized that intimidation didnā€™t really exist if youā€™re in the right frame of mind.

How did you feel when Magic called you the greatest Laker ever?

Words canā€™t describe it. He was my favorite player growing up, and coming from him it couldnā€™t have meant more. At first I was praying I would grow to be 6-9 so I could pattern my game after his, but I didnā€™t quite make it so I knew I wasnā€™t going to be like Magic. But heā€™s someone Iā€™ve always admired and think highly of. Thatā€™s the greatest compliment.

Does it feel like the last 17 years have gone by fast?

It feels like the blink of an eye. I just think about how different I was back then. There are so many specific days that I can remember like they happened yesterday. When I was a rookie in my first training camp in Hawaii, I ordered a bowl of cereal from room service. They were Frosted Flakes with a little thing of milk that came to $80! In 1996! I said "hell no" and told them to take it back. I got dressed and walked down to the corner store and bought a jug of milk and a big box of Frosted Flakes for like $10.

You were a young brash rookie that many vets werenā€™t too fond of. I canā€™t imagine people didnā€™t try to test you.

Oh yeah, they tried. During my rookie year we were in Portland and I drove the lane, and Rasheed Wallace knocked me to the ground and stared at me. He tried to f--- me up but I wasnā€™t going to have it. I got right back up and drove even harder the next time. I really let people know early that I wasnā€™t the guy you could do that to.

Ever had a run-in with Kevin Garnett?

No, actually me and KG have been cool for a long time, so he never tried anything with me. Being two of the first guys who came straight out of high school, we were kind of in the same boat. When I was a senior in high school I used to seek his counsel and ask him what I should do. Heā€™d tell me what life was like on the road and how to deal with not playing that much. He really helped me quite a bit with my decision.

Is it hard to be your teammate?

No. Thatā€™s so overrated. If you come in ready to work, then weā€™re good. Then we donā€™t have a problem.

Who is your best friend in the NBA thatā€™s not a former teammate?

[Long pause.] Thereā€™s nobody Iā€™m really hanging out with and going out with every night. But Iā€™d probably say Carmelo Anthony. Weā€™re pretty close. A lot of the guys from Team USA I get along with really well. I really respect those guys.

Usually self-appointed nicknames donā€™t really stick, but Black Mamba has had real staying power.

Well, actually I didnā€™t come up with it. I think I was playing ball in the park in New York and they just started calling me that, and it just stuck.

Oh, I didnā€™t know that.

Then I found out what a mamba can do with its quick-strike capability. Thereā€™s a really good scene in the movie "Kill Bill" that explains it.

Who would you most like to play one-on-one, either active or retired?

Jordan. No question.

What would happen?

Iā€™m not sure, but he would win some and I would win some in a seven-game series. It would probably come down to the last few shots.

[+] Enlarge
Bryant-JamesJeff Gross/Getty ImagesWho would win in a Kobe-LeBron game? "Me. No question," says Mamba.
You versus LeBron? Who wins?

Me. No question. As far as one-on-one, Iā€™m the best to ever do it.

Damn. Thatā€™s pretty confident.

LeBron is a terrific all-around, five-on-five basketball player whoā€™s an all-time great. But Iā€™d get him.

Who could get you?

Kevin Durant is the guy that would give me the most trouble. With his length and ability to use the dribble, heā€™d be tough.

I always wanted to see you play Tracy McGrady.

I played T-Mac. I cooked him. Roasted him. Wasnā€™t even close. Ask him, heā€™ll tell you. When I was about 20, we were in Germany doing some promotional stuff for that other sneaker company and we played basketball every day. We were in the gym all the time. We played three games of one-on-one to 11. I won all three games. One game I won 11-2. After the third game he said he had back spasms and couldnā€™t play anymore.

His back bothered him for most of his career.

Well, now you know.

What about Kyrie Irving?

[Huge smile, laugh.] Kyrieā€™s my boy, but he knows he doesnā€™t have anything for me. He doesnā€™t want to see me. But it would be fun. Iā€™ve beaten a lot of guys one-on-one, like Reggie Miller and Grant Hill. I used to play Caron Butler all the time in practice when he was with the Lakers. When I was a rookie I used to get Nick Van Exel and Eddie Jones. They know. Theyā€™ll tell you. They used to come at me hard but I wasnā€™t having that. I love going one-on-one with someone. Thatā€™s what I do. Iā€™ve never lost. Itā€™s a whole different game, just to have them right in front of you and be able to do whatever you want.

When youā€™ve been playing basketball in the public eye for so long, people can lose sight of the fact that youā€™re a regular person who just happens to be good at something that interests them.

Iā€™m a normal person, of course. Sure.

When was the last time you pumped your own gas?

Yesterday. I do all of lifeā€™s daily tasks. The other day my wife and I stopped at 7-Eleven and I pulled up to the pump and I started to pump some gas. She went inside to buy something and was waiting in line. The guy in front of her sees me outside but doesnā€™t see her. He says, ā€œMan, thereā€™s Kobe Bryant pumping his own gas.ā€ My wife says to the guy, ā€œHe wipes his own ass, too.ā€

She came back out and we had a big laugh about it. We both have the same sense of humor when it comes to stuff like that. But, yeah, I do the same things as everyone else.

Do you still have an interest in motorcycles? And how did that begin?

Yeah, I still do. I still have my bike. I didnā€™t grow up riding but I took several courses that included road tests. I also took three safety courses about how to crash and get out of tricky situations. Youā€™ve got to know it because youā€™re eventually going to drop the bike.

Did you ever drop the bike?

No, but I had some close calls in tight traffic.

Do you have a thrill-seeking personality?

[Smiles big.] Unfortunately, I do. Iā€™d love to go skydiving when Iā€™m done playing. I might jump back on the bike too. Itā€™s about the challenge of overcoming the fear. If Iā€™m afraid of something that only makes me want to do it more.

What do you Google?

Fourth-grade math problems when Iā€™m helping my daughter. And if I canā€™t figure something else out, then Iā€™ll look it up. But other than that I really donā€™t Google anything.

Ever Google yourself?

No. Why? I know everything there is to know about me. I know some celebrities are into that, but thatā€™s not me. Some of them even have alerts sent to them.

[+] Enlarge
Quentin Tarantino, Kobe BryantKevin Winter/Getty ImagesMemo to Nike: These two should be working together.
What do you do when you canā€™t sleep?

Sometimes I take an Ambien. But if my mind is racing, I may get up and do something. The other night I was in my hotel room and couldnā€™t sleep, so I got up and went across the street to see "Django [Unchained]."

What did you think?

It was genius. Absolutely incredible. Everything by Quentin Tarantino usually is, but this took it to another level. Itā€™s the way he tells a story and the kind of characters he creates. It was crazy violent, but the story is so strong and thatā€™s what you remember.

I know youā€™re a big Robert Rodriguez fan. Heā€™s from the same maverick filmmaking school as Tarantino. Would you want to work with Tarantino?

That would be incredible. Can you imagine one of my commercials with him?

Whatā€™s your favorite commercial youā€™ve ever been in?

The Kobe System campaign was great. It was really smart and funny and turned out well. Working with Kanye West and Richard Branson was a lot of fun. Also, definitely the Black Mamba Nike spot that Robert Rodriquez did. I loved seeing how he worked and put things together. "Desperado" is one of my favorite movies.

Who would play you in a movie about your life?

I donā€™t know. Thatā€™s a tough one.

What about Samuel Jackson? You cuss like him.

[Sheepish smile.] That would be something. [Does a brief PG-rated Sam Jackson impression.]

What would happen if you tried to grow your hair out again?

It would be a struggle. It would be awfully thin up front. There would be a two-month period where people would look at me like, what the f--- is going on. It would just be messed up.

Youā€™d be looking like Django.

Exactly! Sometimes in the offseason when Iā€™m laying low and no one sees me, I just let it go. Iā€™ll have this full beard and everything. Itā€™s been a while since the ā€™fro. Those days are long gone.

Whatā€™s your biggest pet peeve?

I hate dog s---. I wonā€™t go near it. So pissed when I step in it. Iā€™ve got four dogs and I just donā€™t do dog doo. Iā€™m a diva when it comes to that. Back in the day when I was in Italy, I used to order shoes from Nike all the time. I had to have all the fresh joints. I ordered the Elephant Print Jordans that were amazing. I went to the park to play and stepped in a huge pile of dog s---. You wouldnā€™t believe how mad I was. I was breaking off sticks to try to get it out of the crevices. I smacked them together and scraped the soles on the curb but couldnā€™t get it all out. Ever since that day I just canā€™t stand dog crap.

You made a glorious arrival to Twitter. Are there any NBA players you might want to follow?

Probably not. Iā€™m not interested in what you had for breakfast. Twitter is great to connect with fans and be transparent. I enjoy that aspect about it. But really, Iā€™m still trying to figure it out.

So what are you going to do with the rest of your day?

I gotta catch a fishing boat. Iā€™m taking my daughters fishing. Itā€™s daddy time.

Beat Tmac easy huh? Very nice at 20, but prime T-Mac and MJ would of had you Mamba.

He does great interviews though, he always tells it how he sees it. No PC answers.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:23 am

TheRedStag wrote:
The Franchise wrote:I can help, coached for some time, have qualification still.

First of all we're talking about under-age basketball here. (going from 12/13 year olds to 19 year olds depending on the team. ) I'm such a noob tbh. I focus on defence. I pick 2/3 tall players for my teams and get them to work on blocking shots and getting rebounds and use the others to press the outside. On attack I'm like: "put the ball through the hoop". I need help on that mainly.

OK, we will just go for offence and any questions just ask.

Its hard, it depends on what players you have, but what you need to do I think is identify your best players and put them in positions to get the best from it.

If you have a big guy who is bigger, stronger than the guy who is guarding him have the team go to him close to the basket.

I assume you have practice? What you got to do is get the guy to "post up". Get him close to the basket and have the outside player get passes into him. Try and get him easy baskets near the rim. He doesnt have to shoot it everytime, but get it to him, then he can make passes out if he gets pressured.

If you have a quick gaurd who can drive, get into the paint, then run some picks for him or isolate him.

When I say run a pick, have another player come up and block the quick guards defender. If you need details on setting a correct pick let me know because its important. Anyway, after the pick the quick gaurd can get to the rim easier using the space.

You got guys who can shoot the ball well from distance? Have them in the corners, if they are open make sure they are passed to. You might want to set off the ball screens for these players. Which means, not the ball handler, but another player sets a pick for that great shooter, both guys working off the ball now, he can run into space after he is free, make sure the passes are delivered.

These are some basic things you can do but there are tons of subtle things to make it easier. PM me if you like, it would probably be easier to go back and forth.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:32 am

The Franchise wrote:
TheRedStag wrote:

OK, we will just go for offence and any questions just ask.

Its hard, it depends on what players you have, but what you need to do I think is identify your best players and put them in positions to get the best from it.

If you have a big guy who is bigger, stronger than the guy who is guarding him have the team go to him close to the basket.

I assume you have practice? What you got to do is get the guy to "post up". Get him close to the basket and have the outside player get passes into him. Try and get him easy baskets near the rim. He doesnt have to shoot it everytime, but get it to him, then he can make passes out if he gets pressured.

If you have a quick gaurd who can drive, get into the paint, then run some picks for him or isolate him.

When I say run a pick, have another player come up and block the quick guards defender. If you need details on setting a correct pick let me know because its important. Anyway, after the pick the quick gaurd can get to the rim easier using the space.

You got guys who can shoot the ball well from distance? Have them in the corners, if they are open make sure they are passed to. You might want to set off the ball screens for these players. Which means, not the ball handler, but another player sets a pick for that great shooter, both guys working off the ball now, he can run into space after he is free, make sure the passes are delivered.

These are some basic things you can do but there are tons of subtle things to make it easier. PM me if you like, it would probably be easier to go back and forth.

Thanks Dani. Ill nearly certainly PM you at some stage tomorrow. We have an Ireland competition on Saturday and any little help I could get may make the difference. Going to try and sleep now though. Thanks again.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:37 am

Swagg wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Hard to compare, those guys had long careers while we only saw young Penny for a few years and we dont know how he would turn out at his peak.

Payton was the better defender but what else was he better at though? lol

Kidd is the better floor general, but Penny is a much better scorer and can pass just as well imo..

But yeah who knows what would of happened, I just don't see how his game would of not gotten better if he stayed healthy..

He just was a bigger presence out there. He could get to the lane, shoot or post up any point guard. A leader too, something Penny was not.

Penny couldnt pass aswell as Kidd, nah. Also, Kidd had that presence I speak of, he made so many careers..see Kerry Kittles, Richard Jefferson, Kenyon Martin.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:30 am

"Believe it or not, I wanted to play for the Toronto Raptors, that was my favorite team. [...] They were a new team when I was growing up, so I wanted to be a part of that," Durant said.

Another reason Durant cheered for the Raptors was because he was a big fan of Vince Carter, Toronto's former franchise player.

"His enthusiasm he showed, just his athleticism, and how he brought Toronto from being one of the newer teams in the league to almost going to the finals. He changed the culture there in Toronto."

:bow: :bow: :bow:

this is funny because the NBA implemented the one-and-done rule the season before the Raptors got the number 1 pick. Instead of getting Durant (or maybe Oden) out of high school, they had to select Andrea. :facepalm:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:44 am

Heat-Lakers was a great game, one of the more entertaining games I've seen in a while. Lakers made it close at the end but the Heat pulled it out anyway.

lol though @ Dwight airballing a ft with less than 2 mins left down 2

LeBron had 39, 8, 7
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:10 am

dmize wrote:Heat-Lakers was a great game, one of the more entertaining games I've seen in a while. Lakers made it close at the end but the Heat pulled it out anyway.

lol though @ Dwight airballing a ft with less than 2 mins left down 2

LeBron had 39, 8, 7

Yeah it was great.. Kobe is such a ball hog though lol

LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:15 am

The Franchise wrote:He just was a bigger presence out there. He could get to the lane, shoot or post up any point guard. A leader too, something Penny was not.

Penny couldnt pass aswell as Kidd, nah. Also, Kidd had that presence I speak of, he made so many careers..see Kerry Kittles, Richard Jefferson, Kenyon Martin.

Penny could get to the lane at will, also shoot and post up PG's, SG's and SF's..

He was an elite PG that's also an elite scorer before the likes of AI, Rose, Westbrook etc

I would take him over either any day of the week
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:38 pm

Ok where to begin...

I guess from last night.

Swagg, to to close about Penny vs Payton, Kidd...I understand your thought process but those two had a level of poise and impact Penny didnt get the chance to gain as he got hurt. We can argue if he reached what we think his prime would have been you could select him, but 2nd year Penny over those guys.

As for the Lakers- Heat.

I guess you can call me Skip Bayless because we told you so. Howard and his brick laying and floor breaking airball free throws. They kept in the game on their home flaw which is nice, but yeah..

Kobe ballhog? Whats new? Did you see how he kept the Lakers in the game in the 4th?

Heat get up for the big games, which is why they will be just fine.

On today I guess newer, or more long lasting news, the All star game starters have been announced, to my disagreement obviously.

Here is what they have.

Paul, Kobe, KD, Blake, Howard

Rondo, Wade, LBJ, Melo, KG

Most controversial must be the center positions for both sides.

I think only people who are a little too into numbers are that upset about KG. Chandler to me deserves to start, but its close to me and I have no issue with KG being there. Him have similar defensive games and while Chandler is a very dangerous offensive player, KG is more versatile on that end. Again, I would of still gone Chandler, but KG to me does deserve it.

On the West, Howard aint an all star this year, certainly not a starter.

Duncan, Zbo, Lee or even Marc Gasol >
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:41 pm

Lmao, Wade of all people embarrasses a "Top 5 player of all time" on National Telly.

Wade 27[11/20]/5/4/2 & 1 TO.

Holds Kobe to: 22[8/25]/4/1:lol:/1 & 6TO's.

On a night where Miami couldn't hit an outside shot he decides to play heroball despite Pau and Dwight dominating down low but guess who gets the blame as usual? :facepalm:

LeBron da gawd was unreal yesterday. Not as good as Durant a couple of weeks back but carried the team all game long. Dat clutch jumper at the end and the celebration. :bow:

Last edited by Gil on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:40 pm

Kobe is not a top 5 player of all time now is he...hes a billion years old...

He didnt embarrass him either, I dont know what game you was watching.

The blame shouldnt go to Howard? Did you turn off the 4th quarter or you this blind?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:55 pm

Howard shoulda got more attempts, but he also should've hit his free throws 5-13? Going 7-13 would've changed that game.

Also Ray was huge in the 4th quarter along with Bron. Laker killer

dat arc

Last edited by dmize on Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:58 pm

Fans pick the starters bro, its a popularity contest pretty much.. If a player 'deserves' to be there then hopefully the coaches get it right and pick them for the reserves

Considering Kobe, he did heat up in the 4th which he usually does but he should of cut down on his jumpers prior to that when he was building a house with dem bricks.. Could of done other things to help get himself, and the big men going
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:02 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Here is what they have.

Paul, Kobe, KD, Blake, Howard

Rondo, Wade, LBJ, Melo, KG

Most controversial must be the center positions for both sides.

I think only people who are a little too into numbers are that upset about KG. Chandler to me deserves to start, but its close to me and I have no issue with KG being there. Him have similar defensive games and while Chandler is a very dangerous offensive player, KG is more versatile on that end. Again, I would of still gone Chandler, but KG to me does deserve it.

On the West, Howard aint an all star this year, certainly not a starter.

Duncan, Zbo, Lee or even Marc Gasol >

Thank God Lin didn't pass CP3 in the fan vote.

No probs with KG. Duncan should be starting over Howard for sure.

Wade though meh. I'd rather see this for the East:

Rondo
Kyrie
LBJ
Melo
KG
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:09 pm

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/18/kobe-bryant-says-he-needs-more-help-from-teammates/

Kobe needs more help offensively so he can play better on defense.

Rudy for MWP and Ebanks, get it done Mitch
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next