rwo power
Jay29
urbaNRoots
Onyx
Great Leader Sprucenuce
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Euro 2020 to be staged in various cities across Europe  Empty Euro 2020 to be staged in various cities across Europe

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:32 pm

Guardian sport ‏@guardian_sport
Uefa confirms Euro 2020 to be staged in various cities across Europe …

I must congratulate UEFA on an idea so f*cking stupid I hadn't even thought of it. Top Effort lads.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Euro 2020 to be staged in various cities across Europe  Empty Re: Euro 2020 to be staged in various cities across Europe

Post by Onyx Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:35 pm

http://www.goallegacy.net/t22699-euro-2020-could-have-12-hosts-platini hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Euro 2020 to be staged in various cities across Europe  Empty Re: Euro 2020 to be staged in various cities across Europe

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:36 pm

Clowns Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:38 pm

Well, this will be, um, interesting.

Really have to wonder how they're going to pull this off. Would all teams involved get one "home" game? Would every game be in a neutral venue? Will teams just be perpetually on the move instead of having a base? How many days between games will there be, since every team needs extra time to travel?

That last one is a big one for me, because one of the most enjoyable parts of the this tournament is the fact that there's a game almost every day.

Don't really see the point of so much disruption.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:39 pm

They confirmed it now? :facepalm:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:40 pm

The point is clearly money Laughing

They don't give 2 shits about the logistic nightmare for fans and teams alike all they care about is how much money they can make.

Major bellends.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:41 pm

platini is getting kick-backs from transportation companies.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:42 pm

From what I gathered when the first statements of this appeared several weeks ago, they will take the top teams according to the UEFA coefficient and give them the home rights. If this really is the case, this is going to be the most unbalanced and idiotic thing ever. :facepalm: :facepalm:

(That is - top seeds Spain playing in Spain, Germany in Germany etc...)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:47 pm

I think i'll wait to see it happening before i get to talk. Not for neither completely against it , it will be something new for the competition though i have serious doubts about it ... What i find hilarious however , is how Platini decided this after France had already secured 2016 Euros Laughing

Anyhow, why you don't like it Mole ?
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:47 pm

The stupidity has no end.

Platini is slowly but surely erasing our memories of him as a player.

You would think as ex player, unlike Sepp Blatter would know better/care more.

Guess not.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:49 pm

rwo power wrote:From what I gathered when the first statements of this appeared several weeks ago, they will take the top teams according to the UEFA coefficient and give them the home rights. If this really is the case, this is going to be the most unbalanced and idiotic thing ever. :facepalm: :facepalm:

Seriously? ffs this got even more retarded :facepalm:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:50 pm

Then what happens if Spain played Germany? scratch
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:52 pm

rwo power wrote:From what I gathered when the first statements of this appeared several weeks ago, they will take the top teams according to the UEFA coefficient and give them the home rights. If this really is the case, this is going to be the most unbalanced and idiotic thing ever. :facepalm: :facepalm:

That would be terrible.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:52 pm

I don't think it's that bad on the teams, flying across Europe isn't that exhausting. Some teams will get longer distances in 2014 in Brazil.

But the buzz of the EURO tournament might suffer, when it's scattered around like this. Instead of all the fans attending games gathering in a few cities, there will be several mini-gatherings around Europe. I'd prefer the old way, but a part of me is curious to see how this works out.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:53 pm

@Mole

Well, that is what they wrote about the group stage. And BTW, Platini also suggested using the capital cities' stadiums for the countries, that is, Germany would play the matches in Berlin, England in London etc.

I really hope they will reconsider this (remember, this was published when the idea of the distributed Euro 2020 first was posted.)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:55 pm

Dante it's a logistic nightmare for players and fans alike.... Just for an example what Sepi tweeted me....

so Denmark's first group game is in Kazan, then they'll travel to Porto 2 days after for their next game #facepalm.

Just imagine that it's f*cking retarded, of course it's just an example but it shows how retarded it could be.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:56 pm

The footy organizations at it again...fixing something that ain't broke ffs.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:57 pm

Maybe a group will play all their matches in one country. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:59 pm

Art Morte wrote:I don't think it's that bad on the teams, flying across Europe isn't that exhausting. Some teams will get longer distances in 2014 in Brazil.

But the buzz of the EURO tournament might suffer, when it's scattered around like this. Instead of all the fans attending games gathering in a few cities, there will be several mini-gatherings around Europe. I'd prefer the old way, but a part of me is curious to see how this works out.

I am curious as well , but if what Rwo mentionted there indeed happen , i wouldn't get my hopes up. If the selection of the cities were based on improving the stadiums there , whilst supporting a certain cause with regards to fighting racism or for pure philanthropy reasons , or something as simple as to upgrade some aspects of football around there , that would be good.

Going with the coefficient points way , i don't like it all.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:01 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Maybe a group will play all their matches in one country. hmm

This could possibly be the idea behind all of this.

I mean for example 'top seeds' like Spain playing at home and the remaining teams in the group playing in the same country as well.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:02 pm

How is that fair?

All teams in Spain's group have to beat Spain in Spain?

Like it isnt hard enough already lol
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:02 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Dante it's a logistic nightmare for players and fans alike.... Just for an example what Sepi tweeted me....

so Denmark's first group game is in Kazan, then they'll travel to Porto 2 days after for their next game #facepalm.

Just imagine that it's f*cking retarded, of course it's just an example but it shows how retarded it could be.

Indeed it's retarded and frankly i'll be dissapointed if things do happen like that.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:05 pm

Wow really?

This is just assnine. The fun of promoting countries and cultures are now gone.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:06 pm

This is just terrible. It makes everything harder for teams and fans.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:10 pm

The Franchise wrote:How is that fair?

All teams in Spain's group have to beat Spain in Spain?

Like it isnt hard enough already lol
Just provided an example based on the seedings which rwo posted above.

I picture one group playing in one country and something along those lines.Doesnt necessarily have to be Spain playing in Spain ,it could be Spain playing in Denmark for instance too and the remaining teams of the group playing in Denmark as well which is not too bad.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next