The Madrid One
Ganso
Jack Daniels
Mr Nick09
futbol_bill
19 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Futbol Bill experienced predictions - Page 5 Empty Re: Futbol Bill experienced predictions

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:37 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:the universe is too small for benzema, aguero and higuain to coexist in the same team. Someone would ask out by december.

That's probably what we want!! Get the best out of Benz from now to January and Kaka for the year and that way we get a good price for them when they do go.

It's not a very likely scenario, but I suspect that's what that comment from Mou was referring to. Number wise it works. Still a squad of only 22 (Altintop out until January), but it's a log jam for the forwards (attacking positions).
From Mou's perspective (and maybe ours), it's not a bad problem to have. I still link Mou's biggest challenge is keeping everyone involved and playing enough so they stay game fit and feel an important part of team.

futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Futbol Bill experienced predictions - Page 5 Empty Re: Futbol Bill experienced predictions

Post by Doc Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:44 pm

Yuri Yukuv wrote:So we shud get falcao right?

I think so. And make Pepe captain as well...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:08 pm

Doc wrote:
Yuri Yukuv wrote:So we shud get falcao right?

I think so. And make Pepe captain as well...

we need to sign terry and make him captain
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:52 pm

There are a number of news items today that have effect on us.

Aguero is close to signing with Man City - means he definitely is not coming to Real. I believe he was the last striker Mou was referring to (he was happy with the 21 players, but there still was until end of Aug to sign another striker). I still maintain that the 3rd striker will be Morata but based in Castilla.

Cazorla is close to signing with Malaga. means he's not coming here (this was my wish if both Lass and Kaka left), but more importantly it has meant that Villareal are now preparing another offer for Canales. They believe he is the replacement for Cazorla. Issue is Villareal want to buy him (with option to buy back) and Madrid is insisting on loan agreement. Canales is so far refusing any loan agreements outside of Spain. Perhaps this renewed offer with work in a suitable compromise for all.

Neymar is all but confirmed signed (or at least agreement) to come to Madrid. It's still not clear however whether he will come in January or July.

Gago is willing to take pay cut to return to Boca and they are in discussions with Madrid. Gago doesn't want to continue in Europe. It looks like this will happen.

Leon is on his way back to Getafe.

So that leaves just Drenthe and Lass on the transferable list. Lass failed to show today so look for something to happen with him this week. I can't remember if he has any offers left on the table or not. Drenthe has an offer from Benfica, but wants to return to his former club in Netherlands. Don't know if there is any offer nor interest.

So bottom line is we are finished and we definitlely are a better club and IMO ready to challenge Barca. They are still favorites, but I am optimistic that we are appraching their level. Their line-up is basically the same but with the additions of Sanchez, likely Cesc, Kiko (from Hercules), Thiago and Fontas (both now full time) and the departures of Boyan and likely Milito and Jefferen. This basically means improved reserves, but they still have a weakness at CB. One is the fragility of Puyol and the only replacements are young Fontas and out of position Abidal, Mascherano or Busquets plus if they get Cesc, they intend to play most games with only 3 full backs Alves, Pique, Abidal) to allow Cesc to play along side Xavi and Iniesta. This is where Mou has to find a way to exploit the single (or sinlge experienced) CB.

I figure our starting line-up will be

Casillas (Adan getting a few games in Copa)

Ramos Pepe Carvalho Marcelo (Arbeloa will get lots of reserve action on both sides, Coentrao will play a few games at LB, Nacho also will get some call-ups. At Centre Varane is establishing himself very well and will be first sub and likely if he continues to impress will gets some starts over Ricky. Ramos will also get some CB action and Albiol will see very limited action this year.

Alonso, Ozil, Coentrao (Sahin will be eased in gradually, but unlike what I said earlier I think Coentrao gets the starting position with Sahin being mostly reserve this year. There will be some games where he could start in place of Ozil. Kaka also will get some game action in place of Ozil, but I see him mainly as an attacker this year with Ozil the prime CAM. Khedira and Granero are reserves this year but I expect Mou to give both of them sufficient action. This midfield is the area that is our weakest point thus far and will have difficulty with Barcelona, particularly if they play Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta and Cesc against us. Our midfield has to first get healthy and then to begin to show we have the talent to control the midfield.

Kaka CR7 as wingers. Di Maria and Callejon tho should get plenty of action as I think Mou will use all of his attackers this year. If Neymar comes in January, he will compete to start, but more likely scenario he will be a reserve for his 1st half season.

Striker I think will be Higuain, but I see regular rotation with Benz plus both of them can play some on wing.

futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by theaguia Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:03 pm

btw drenthe does not have an offer from benfica, we have already covered our lw and lb positions, there is no space for him
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:37 pm

The spanish press is hyping up morata again to be 3rd striker, just like last season, it's not happening imo.

Mourinho spends a year in madrid, he has learnt a lot more about our canteras, he gave them the mission to get to segunda, and if he made the effort to ask publicly again for a 3rd striker, its probably because he needs one.

back in february he said, 3 strikers and morata around, he will get to train extensively with the first team, he doesnt seem to have changed his mind.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:42 pm

Yeah, i think Ade comes if neymar gets pushed to January. Not horrible... unless Mou actually plays Ade over Benz and Higuain again lol. Then, i'll get angry as i did last year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:45 pm

he would play ade over benzema, but not over higuain
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:51 pm

sportsczy wrote:Yeah, i think Ade comes if neymar gets pushed to January. Not horrible... unless Mou actually plays Ade over Benz and Higuain again lol. Then, i'll get angry as i did last year.

I think you are both wrong. Ade was coming if City lowered price and he, his wages. To my knowledge neither has been offered. I think Morata will be at castilla but he will get call-ups (I'm saying it as 3rd striker, but he like Mejias and Nacho will get 1st team practices and occasional games, but prime mission is to get Castiila to liga adelante).

There still may be a 3rd striker (name unknown) by end of August, but I don't think it will be Ade. I think when Mou made that statement he was saying Aguero if by some chance Gil would let him come.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:56 pm

do we have knowledge that Adebayor refused to decrease his wages? or city refused to sell him? last we heared, city was going to give us a rebate, and seeing how bad things have turned for ade, they will just try to get rid of his wages bill soon. And seeing how ade pushed a last cry to madrid, he might just get his wish...

you are putting too much faith in Morata imo, not that he isnt good, but mourinho will have a reserve striker before having to use a striker from castilla.

there will be a 3rd cf in reserve like i said, whether it's Ade or someone else, we will see. Ade just looks as the front runner now, we have no clue who else it could be. If i had to chose it would be Luis Fabiano, who is back in brazil now.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:11 pm

Now we know where most of the discarded are going.

Leon - loan to Getafe
Canales - 2 year loan to Valencia
Gago - likely sold back to Boca
Lass - not sure where but he is in open revolt to leave club, likely on his way to Turkey
Drenthe - up in air, wouldn't be surprised if they just release him.

The deadline for these moves is Aug 7th, although Canales may be delayed since he is in Columbia until Aug 20th.

Only one more possible new signing, a 3rd striker. Some in this forum think Ade, but most of us hope they use Morata from Castilla.

So club is fixed at 21 players (22 if they do sign 3rd striker),plus Altintop,out until at least January, plus they will regularly involve Nacho, Mejias and Morata. Mou seems intent on using others from Castilla when appropriate.
It finally looks like they are paying attention to the youth system.

No word on Neymar whether they have some sort of agreement or not and whether or not he comes in Jan 2012 or July 2012.

Team does look better than last year, but we yet to see the improvement needed in MF, mainly because of early injuries.

We are having debate about actual starting lineup, but one thing seems certain. We are going to see much more rotation tis year and likely all 21 players heavily involved. Main discussion concern, beside MF performing is where does Coentrao fit in. Another concern is Kaka. He still isn't showing anywhere near his Milan form. Seems he will be used from bench as a attacker (wing), but he hasn't looked good thus far.

So far the new members showing good form are Varane and Callejon.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5