The Madrid One
Ganso
Jack Daniels
Mr Nick09
futbol_bill
19 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Futbol Bill experienced predictions - Page 3 Empty Re: Futbol Bill experienced predictions

Post by Guest Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:11 am

Yeah, they're the same i would guess right now. I also think Neymar pushes Di Maria out as opposed to the CF. Aguero would definitely take over at CF

Back to top Go down

Futbol Bill experienced predictions - Page 3 Empty Re: Futbol Bill experienced predictions

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:12 am

3rd striker is a very ingrate position to have, and it's not for top players. We arent gonna sign Aguero or Neymar and keep both higuain and Benzema, and keep counting on Di Maria and Kaka.

you cant fill your bench with 5 attacking players. one of those big names will often be in the stands, which is what you want to avoid.

Signing Aguero or Neymar squeeze the weak link out of the team, which looks like Benzema at this point. And there is still room for mourinho to get his 3rd striker Ade.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:18 am

If you sign Neymar and sell Benzema, you only have one true CF on the team... Higuain. No way that happens. With Neymar, you have a glut of wingers. One of those needs to go.

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:21 am

sportsczy wrote:Yeah, they're the same i would guess right now. I also think Neymar pushes Di Maria out as opposed to the CF. Aguero would definitely take over at CF

Mou did say he didn't see Neymar as a striker, that he viewed him more of a playmaker (i.e. wing). If he comes he definitely pushes Di Maria from starter position. Aguero could be the starter striker, but he also could play effectively on wing. @ Nick, I agree it's not likely, but at this late stage it will be difficult to sell Benz. I do think that the most probable scenario. I don't want to see Ade on this squad, I'm convinced it should be Morata (from Castilla). I also am of the opinion that it's too late to sell Kaka (for the price they will want) and that he will stay for this season irregardless if they get Neymar. In sum then Benz going depends upon if they get Aguero.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:24 am

sportsczy wrote:If you sign Neymar and sell Benzema, you only have one true CF on the team... Higuain. No way that happens. With Neymar, you have a glut of wingers. One of those needs to go.

mourinho would still have higuain, ronaldo and his 3rd CF ade if he signs Neymar.

you would be surprised how much he would use CR as CF if it happens.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:40 am

It just occured to me that despite Benz looking good the other night, the same thing happened 2 years ago with Robben. He looked very good in first few games (and it was this time of year) yet he was sold. So maybe the original predictions still hold. that is both Aquero and Neymar come, but Neymar not until next year and Benz is sold.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:42 am

futbol_bill wrote:It just occured to me that despite Benz looking good the other night, the same thing happened 2 years ago with Robben. He looked very good in first few games (and it was this time of year) yet he was sold. So maybe the original predictions still hold. that is both Aquero and Neymar come, but Neymar not until next year and Benz is sold.

We were in full Madrid retard mode then... i'm hoping we're entering an era of comparative sanity.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:43 am

Btw Bill, did u read the thread where i mentioned that Gago was hurt again lol... 3 weeks. Adductor strain. I thought you might get a kick out of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:45 am

Whatever we do about signing a CF, if we dont go straight to Ade, then we are squeezing out Benzema. It's the only logic here, di maria isnt in danger, im less convinced that mourinho genuinely wants kaka out, higgy is safe than ever...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:46 am

sportsczy wrote:
futbol_bill wrote:It just occured to me that despite Benz looking good the other night, the same thing happened 2 years ago with Robben. He looked very good in first few games (and it was this time of year) yet he was sold. So maybe the original predictions still hold. that is both Aquero and Neymar come, but Neymar not until next year and Benz is sold.

We were in full Madrid retard mode then... i'm hoping we're entering an era of comparative sanity.

Not really,it was a business decision signing Ronaldo, Kaka meant Sneijder and Robben had to go. Same logic Aguero in means someone like Benz has to go. It business (i.e dollars) plus what Nick described earlier about having a well paid star not dressed for some games
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:51 am

sportsczy wrote:Btw Bill, did u read the thread where i mentioned that Gago was hurt again lol... 3 weeks. Adductor strain. I thought you might get a kick out of it.

LOL, I hope he wasn't bending over to pick up soap in from of Guti!!!
In any event with the new injury it will be hard to sell him. He may have just earned a spot (reserve list) with this injury.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:09 pm

though callejon is more of a winger, i think he at least can serve as a temporary patch for 3rd striker/forward.

and i just cant see coentrao sharing minutes with marcelo, they are too similar in age and playing style. one of them has to play RB or some sort of wing position.

if only we had room to play like this

-----iker
pepe--ramos----coentrao--------marcelo

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:18 pm

pepe as a rb? confused
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:27 pm

cb..... it was a joke to have 2 left backs. :coffee:

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:25 pm

deezydeez wrote:cb..... it was a joke to have 2 left backs. :coffee:

You're going to have a year of transition, breaking in Ramos gradually to replace Carvalho and Coentrao converting to RB. They now have 8 , well maybe 7 not counting Albiol defenders. They also need to bring Varane along slowly. Coentrao will also get plenty of action in forward positions.

As with rest of squad there is lot of competition and quality. This means some rotations and hopefully Mou will use full squad making them all feel a useful part of team. To me that's the biggest challenge for Mou this year. It hasn't been his style, yet I believe his biggest challenges are to get a more offensive, passing, ball possession and better team chemistry which mean to me, full squad participation.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:17 pm

I'm back to the original post of my predictions.It is pretty well confirmed now that Neymar is not coming this year (I am still unclear whether or not we may have deal for next year, but it's safe to say he won't be here for this year).

So all of my original predictions are holding up with the exception of Kaka staying and the Aquero deal still to be announced. Apparently we will know with next 2 weeks. Also the remaining sales / loans are to be completed by August 7th.

I had said (and Nick as well) that Aquero coming meant Benz to be sold. I'm now predicting that Aquero is coming, but that benz will remain. I think the logic is they will play lots of games with 2 strikers (one of them on wing at the expense of Di Maria).

This will result in a squad of 23 with Mejias, Nacho and Morata regularly practicing with them and getting occasional call-ups.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:20 pm

Mourinho is one of the best in rotation. He was the couch who used the most players last year, I understand he experimented alot but he is aware of how effective rotation is.

Also, why do you keep calling him Aquero? Hehe.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:40 pm

After last night's game and an interview with Mou, I'm revising my predictions!!!

We are DONE. I don't think Aguero is coming. We simply do not need him. I think he painted himself in a corner and now he will have to settle for City or be humble and go back to Atletico. I do feel we were very interested, but the possible tax implications plus the interest in Neymar and the way in which both Higgy and Benz have started the season has stopped the interest.

As to Neymar, we may still sign him (a down payment now or next year), but he won't enter into this years plans.

Mou's interview today once again makes it quite clear none of the decarded have any chance of playing this year. He has told them (Lass, Drenthe, Leon, Gago, Canales), he's not getting any to them to join team in China even tho there are some injuries in camp right now. He told them they should be ready to go (and the deadline is Aug 7th). Interesting, the club has deals agreed upon for all of them except Gago, but it's the players that want some other deal. It's just Mou's way of keeping pressure on them, but for us to think about this year's squad, it's clear they are not part of it.

The other statment Mou made today is he is happy to go with a 21 man line-up (He is not listing Altintop since he's out for probably 1st half of season) and he wants to use players from castilla to fill his squad when needed. He seems genually impressed with several of the youth players. (This is probably the most exciting thing IMO that Mou has said).

As to a 3rd striker, it's clear we are using a 4-3-3 line-up this year, so we should think of attackers rather than strikers and wingers as it's pretty obvious they can interchange positions throughout game. We have 6 attackers (Ronaldo, Higuain, Benzema, Di Maria, Callejon, Kaka) plus on occasions Ozil. And then there are another 2 or 3 at Castilla. I'm quite impressed with Callejon and feel that Mou can put any of the 7 out there and we are as good or better than Barcelona in the attack.

It's also pretty clear to me that we were wrong to assume Coentrao was going to convert to be a RB. He is going to be a MF (on either side, not in middle), plus occasional time at LB. The defense is same as last year with Carvalho starting. Biggest difference is Varane. I think he has moved up to be #1 reserve (ahead of Ramos) with Albiol being low man in reserve list.
Again there are reserves available at Castilla. Nacho looked very impressive last night, this time at RB.

Midfield will be Alonso with either Khedira, Sahin or Coentrao and Ozil in middle. There will be times when Sahin will replace Ozil in middle and sometimes Kaka (although I think he will be used more this year as an attacker). Granero is the other reserve. Also there will be times that Pepe will move forward as a DM.

My conclusion is that we have improved a lot and our forwards, goal and defense are at least equal if not better than Barcelona. I don't mention other teams as I feel at end of last season, only Barcelona was ahead of us. Our midfield still has to establish themselves and the injuries have not helped. I do feel the talent is there, particularly with a Sahin, Ozil, Alonso. We can compete very well with Barcelona, maining control and possession and leading attacks with the paassing capabilities from the midfield.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:49 pm

Mou said today there is still time and space for another forward.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:53 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:Mou said today there is still time and space for another forward.

When did he say that, I watched the entire interview and he didn't say that in interview.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:56 pm

kaka used as an attacker?that would be interesting since he used to play as a striker for milan
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:59 pm

we arent done bill we will still sign a CF, and discarding gago for granero is a mistake imo
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:04 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:we arent done bill we will still sign a CF, and discarding gago for granero is a mistake imo

Dude... Gago is NEVER healthy. He has only had one decent game this past year. And that was for the Argentina NT against the U-23 Costa Rica team. Hardly a ringing endorsement. And he's hurt AGAIN.

I'd rather have Heinze than Gago. At least he can play, although he's shatty lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:06 pm

i rather know he is there but hurt than putting my eggs in granero's basket, just a feeling.

we use to only have xabi, now we have sahin, it's better, more depth never hurts, like i said, barca wont give us any break, and for all his injury issues, gago is still a far superior playmaker and defender than granero.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:11 pm

theres no point in even including gago in any sort of conversation. he was left off the preseason tour and he is also injured year round. hes going to be cut from the team if no one shows interest in him.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:32 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:we arent done bill we will still sign a CF, and discarding gago for granero is a mistake imo

I'm not convinced at all. The additional attacker is Kaka. If last night is any indication at all, The centre MF position is Ozil's and kaka is part of attacking front 3. After listening to Mou this morning, he says he is going with 21 players (not counting Altintop).

Re MF, we have Sahin, Alonso, Khedira, Coentrao, Pepe, Granero for two positions (most of time, with Ozil taking centre spot (attacking) plus Altintop when he returns plus some canteras when required. That's more than enough depth. I still don't see what you think you saw in Gago. The only time I thought anything good of him was the first half year when he came in january and I thought he had potential (if you remember we had a very average MF then). Granero is developing and happy to just get occasional spot duty). The only chance you have is if Gago's latest injury prevents him from being sold, although in interview this morning, Mou said he wouldn't give any of the discarded any playing time (it actually sounds like if any of them are left when team returns from China, they won't get to practice with the club either.)
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next