jibers
7amood11
guest7
shinigami99
BarrileteCosmico
89 posters

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Marcelo: I consider myself the best full-back in the world - Page 10 Empty Re: Marcelo: I consider myself the best full-back in the world

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:31 pm

Defensively he only defends properly when we play a big team. Just look at Betis' goal today. Dude has absolutely no care in the world. The environment he is in has allowed for that I suppose. Only Mou had a problem with his defending. The rest seem to not care

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Marcelo: I consider myself the best full-back in the world - Page 10 Empty Re: Marcelo: I consider myself the best full-back in the world

Post by Donuts Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:55 pm

i just dont think you any manager can really afford to have a problem with attacking full backs seeing as there is very if any left backs that defend properly.. or that outweighs the benfits an attacking fullback offers these days
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:59 am

That I agree with. I feel that if your fullback is so good at attacking, him being "not the best" defender should be accepted for something that works better for the team. We have always had a CDM who's most important job is covering for Marcelo. Kroos struggles in that regard because he is no CDM and finds it hard to play that role. I would understand the criticism if both fullbacks went gung-ho attacking wise but if one is solid at the back then the other should be afforded the freedom if he does something productive with it.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:25 pm

Yes and no Hala...  I think there's a minimum for a fullback both defensively and offensively.  That's my big criticism of Marcelo:  He's wonderful on the attack but he's completely absent on defense.  I don't even mention it anymore because he's NEVER there on defense anymore.

At least get in the way ffs so you slow down the guys.  As it stands, the left side of our defense gets blitzed without even the trace of resistance and our CBs are pretty much forced to cover 3 positions since Casemiro is out too.

The best we can hope for is that we can control the games like we did yesterday until Casemiro comes back.  It's our only chance at consistent success imo... but it won't happen.  Atleti, for example, is just going to rape us.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:38 pm

I don't think there is a fullback out there who is the complete package Sport. You obviously have the likes of Carvajal who are excellent defenders but just "good" attackers and the likes of Alaba who are decent defenders and good attackers and then you have the likes of Marcelo, Brazilian fullbacks in general, Alba and Bellerin who are either excellent or extremely good offensively but leave alot to be desired defensively. Don't get me wrong I love Carvajal but I just feel Marcelo owns his flank, he is the first outlet for our midfielders and defenders because of how dangerous he is.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:41 pm

Not even the complete package... I'd take Jordi Alba level of defending from Marcelo Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:45 pm

I don't think he is terrible at defending, I think he is just competent.

For Milan I would take Filipe Luis in my team over Brazil but for Brazil I would pick Marcelo because his partnership with Neymar is great.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:46 pm

Alba is even worse. Teams attack both of them because they are their respective team's weakest link. But Alba lol even I feel embarrassed for him. Marcelo isn't there yet thank God lol
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:49 pm

I liked Coentrao in the big games over Marcelo when we had Özil and ADM because I thought him attacking was abit unneeded with the amount of creativity we already had and Mou/Carlo agreed with me. Now however Marcelo is the creativity lol without him we looked so bereft of ideas it starts to become annoying
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:51 pm

Mediocre winger IMO
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:52 pm

But I would choose a LB version of Carvajal over Marcelo any day. That balance between defense and attack is extremely rare, and if you could get hold of one with those qualities, you better not let them go.

If you have time, I would like you to watch the Betis goal and see the difference between Carvajal's reflexes and Marcelo's.

When the ball was intercepted by Betis, Carvajal immediately ran back while Marcelo was basically jogging.

Marcelo is great offensively, probably the best in the world, but his defensive flaws will always cast a shadow over him and will refrain him from being complete.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:55 pm

You know why i''m so almost illogically annoyed with Marcelo's defending? He doesn't give a crap... he literally could care less. If he was just plain bad at it, it would be one thing. But he can't be bothered. I've seen him defend well. He did it for the first few months last season. Once you show something... you can't say it never happened.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:07 pm

He can defend. Decently enough at least.

But yeah, he does not put in too much effort. In a smaller team with less dominance, he'd really be exposed. Luckily, he's in Madrid with some good CBs and a world class midfield to cover for him.

In his defense, he has played a lot on Cristiano Ronaldo's flank, which means he doesn't exactly get top coverage and there are usually wide open spaces left for opposing wingers to expose.

Top "complete" LBs nowadays are Alaba and maybe Alex Sandro. I'd give a shout to Evra as well, even if his legs are leaving him.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:53 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Mediocre winger IMO
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:00 pm

Holy shit that avatar

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:23 pm

Wait hang on is Myesyats Dnmac? I am pretty sure dnmac used to have that avatar. But then again Myesyats doesn't write essays so it can't be dnmac. Who the hell is this rip-off hmm RG get on it asap
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:30 pm

Myesyats is Linetty I think.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:26 pm

Can't people keep the same username around here? It's hard for us casual posters to keep track.

Also I think the criticism for Marcelo's defending is over blown a bit.

Clearly he's not the best defensively, but the way people talk about him as if he is the all time worst defender.

I see double the mental/positional lapses from Pepe and Ramos than I do Marcelo. And when you compare him defensively to the other LBs of this era- who is he worse than? Alaba, and I can't think of anyone else

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:28 pm

Alex Sandro
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:29 pm

Filipe Luis.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:14 pm

Filipe Luis isnt even good. Put good wingers on him and he is toast
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:12 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Filipe Luis isnt even good. Put good wingers on him and he is toast

Laughing

If Filipe Luis is toast against good wingers then Marcelo is roasted marshmallow.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:26 pm

Felipe>>>Alaba>>>Marcelo

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:32 pm

rincon wrote:Myesyats is Linetty I think.

Nah myesyats is myesyats
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:59 pm

M99 wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:Filipe Luis isnt even good. Put good wingers on him and he is toast

Laughing

If Filipe Luis is toast against good wingers then Marcelo is roasted marshmallow.
The only thing he has over Marcelo is better support. Nobody denies Marcelo struggles against good out and out wingers but Marcelo defends that flank by himself. Luis has a winger and a forward by his side yet still struggles when facing tricky wingers. Anyone knows the way to beat Atleti is by targeting their poor fullbacks
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:08 pm

Insane footballer who is going down as one of the best ever in his position
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next