Red Alert
Kick
Art Morte
mr-r34
McAgger
19 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond* - Page 3 Empty Re: Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond*

Post by Red Alert Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:57 pm

Tony Barrett - "Steven Gerrard on the verge of signing a new two-year contract"

Great news. That'll take him to 35. Always thought he'd retire at 38. Hopefully he can win a PL medal before that.

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond* - Page 3 Empty Re: Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond*

Post by poolsupporter Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:00 pm

ynwa wrote:Tony Barrett - "Steven Gerrard on the verge of signing a new two-year contract"

Great news. That'll take him to 35. Always thought he'd retire at 38. Hopefully he can win a PL medal before that.

He will. This season in fact.

(Too much optimism for this section? Sorry, been away a while.)

Smile
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:03 pm

Not this season, but next. Razz
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:32 pm

Yeah I ageree with the both of you. Definitely see him getting a PL medal before retiring.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:36 pm

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! banana banana 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:15 am

I've been following his charitable gestures as all of them are done with only the purest intentions by just his body language alone. I usually don't care about player fashion yet I've always wanted Gerrard to grow a beard and you can see it suits him. A more wise and contemplative look that compliments his face. Looks uncannily similar to best friend, Xabi. It's the in thing for midfield maestros as Pirlo, Xabi, Illaramendi, Beñat, Preito, Gündogan all have it.

As for the rest, YNWA summed it wonderfully on Gerrard to Liverpool vice-versa. Always gave us the respect of honesty.
I even seen him extending at the end of his two year contract if he feels he has much to offer LFC.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:07 am

BBC reporting it now. cheers
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:11 am

Official now as Gerrard signs a 2 year contract. News isn't surprising yet it is very pleasing to hear nonetheless. The contract represents an affirmation of his commitment to Liverpool and Rodger's subsequent era.

It will bring great morale in all corners of LFC and the fans since the shroud of doubt begins to form when he tends to delay his contract.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:02 pm

To be on the right path and a journey towards success, a club always needs something CONSTANT and i guess we have that in Gerrard.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:06 pm

Speaking of things remaining constant. This October Stevie will be celebrating a decade of being LFC captain. He's already the longest serving captain we've ever had.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:21 pm

OMG OMG THE GREATEST VIDEO I HAVE EVER SEEN

ZIDANE :proud

Goosebumps all over my body. Can't believe I have never seen that before
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:43 pm

Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond* - Page 3 BPOEffoCUAAS1rp

Even he is leaning!!

Btw the best news till now this Summer!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:51 pm

@Mcagger: i saw this version of the Zidane's voice ad. I personally liked it more Thumbs up 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:00 am

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-luis-suarezs-feud-brendan-2183624

:bow: this man is a legend. i can't think of anyone else at the club that luis would go to for help like this.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:01 am

Gerrard knows we need Suarez to have a realistic chance for Champions League so I'm glad he stepped up and helped resolved everything. I said it at the start of the window, keeping Suarez should have been the number 1 priority but we also needed to invest in getting players to help him out.*

*And by help him out, I don't mean make Suarez the focal point. I mean, have more than two players (generally Gerrard and Suarez) to cause a threat to the opposition. We seemed to do that in bringing Coutinho and Sturridge in January, but I still think we needed one more person for the final third.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:23 am

Someone like, say Willian?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:43 am

No. Someone like with quality.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:44 am

Gerrard :bow: looks like I am going to cool down my jet about new rumoured transfer if we miss out on Willi Carlito...too much emotional risk evrytime!!!

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:02 pm

2 more appearances and he will reach 650 for us :bow: :bow:

PS. Red or any other mod can you combine this thread with the Steven Gerrard thread in this section.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:59 am

Didn't he just reach 600 last season?  affraid 

Just a thought, but should we play Gerrard as the number 10 for the remainder of the season? We're obviously playing him deeper to pro-long his career and well, another option to give us another "playmaker" type from deep midfield. But I think if we push him forward, it'll benefit both Gerrard and Liverpool's future. (Get us CL.)

He is still, after all, our best midfielder going forward. He's still a goal scoring threat, he still scares the f*ck out of defenders, links up well with Suarez, gives the opposition another "worry" in the final third. Most importantly, he'll give us goals from midfield.

It would also put Henderson back in his "natural" position in playing that box-to-box / DLP role. Hendo's mobility, and his engine could cover Lucas' lack of speed and let him get back to full fitness from the injuries he's received in the past. (We lack depth in that DM role, which means Lucas has been playing every game since his return. He needs rest to let the body recover.)

You could argue Stevie doesn't have the legs to play the role, but I don't think that's 100% true. Anywho, what are your opinions on this?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:16 am

I do worry about Stevie having the legs for that role. I think we've seen a few times fatigue hit him harder than the younger players in the team, both at the end of games and after a quick run of games. I think the system would work if he was playing a very attacking role - very little tracking back necessitated. But I don't think that fits how BR wants to play - we'd be cutting down on some of the pressing/harrying against their back line AND putting pressure on Hendo/Lucas to cover the defense.

I think it could work for 60 minutes at a time, but more than that and we'd unbalance ourselves.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:56 pm

About Gerrard's role, here's what he said after today's (Stoke) match:

"The manager has told me moving forward I would play the holding role a lot more. I have done it many times for England - I will be more comfortable in it after a few more games."
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:51 pm

9 more goals for us and he will surpass Kenny Dalglish in our all time scorers list. 20 more and he will go ahead of Fowler as well and move into the top 5.

Currently he's 7th with 163, ahead of Michael Owen who is 8th.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:48 am

Another thread that deserves a deluge of posts.

From me just this:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:47 am

Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond* - Page 3 Tumblr_miweuqQCbP1r4roroo1_250Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond* - Page 3 Tumblr_miweuqQCbP1r4roroo2_250

:wub:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:31 pm

OH CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN

How many times does this man have to save us ffs Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next