Red Alert
Kick
Art Morte
mr-r34
McAgger
19 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond* - Page 2 Empty Re: Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond*

Post by Red Alert Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:32 am

This is far from his best PL season ever. He's had atleast 4-5 seasons better than this one.

This is his definitely his best since 2008/09 though. Kenny definitely resting him and letting him have the treatment instead of playing him whilst injured is probably the reason for his massive work rate this season. I think he's the only player in the PL to feature in every game in the PL playing 90 minutes in each of those.

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond* - Page 2 Empty Re: Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond*

Post by stevieg8 Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:00 am

ExtremistEnigma wrote:Well, crosses are directly received in the box. So even if you get 5 accurate crosses per game, 4 of them are sure to be hit on target.

The 5 accurate crosses number was assuming a team played solely through wing->crosses. Which means 5 total chances per game. Even if all of those get put on target, which is not nearly as guaranteed as you seem to be acting, that's still not a good game in terms of chance creation.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:45 am

Take into account that corners and other set pieces that are played into the box are also counted as crosses, and Gerrard does almost 90% of those for us. I don't think I have to explain the difficulties of finding your man from a corner kick.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:18 pm

Ah gotcha, that makes sense. So what is considered a "good" cross rate?
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:32 am

I'd say around 20-30%

He is arguably one of the best crossers I've ever seen.

The problem is, we don't have too many people in the squad that are great in the air.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:05 am

Bale is considered a good crosser by many and his accuracy was 25% for the past 2 seasons and he doesn't even take corners. So I would say Gerrard is doing just fine in that department.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:58 pm

GERRARD BEATS OWEN ON OUR ALL TIME GOALSCORER LIST :bow: :bow:

HE's 7th 14 behind Dalglish and 25 behind Fowler.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu May 30, 2013 1:31 pm

Happy Birthday Stevie. 33 :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu May 30, 2013 8:41 pm

Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond* - Page 2 Tumblr_mnm9c62QDD1qamw0co1_500

Smile
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu May 30, 2013 9:03 pm

One of my football heroes.

Happy Birthday Stevie G :bow:

Get us glory in the WC :bow:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri May 31, 2013 12:58 pm

Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond* - Page 2 7471_458513810891316_574920462_n

Sad
Whether Suarez stays or leaves. This man :bow:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri May 31, 2013 1:09 pm

Greatest player to ever don the red shirt.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:20 am

Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond* - Page 2 Refuge14_513X383

Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond* - Page 2 Refuge3_513X383

Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond* - Page 2 Refuge8_513X383

Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond* - Page 2 Refuge9_513X383

Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond* - Page 2 Refuge13_513X383

The Captain yesterday visited a children refuge in Faro Region of Portugal . . Refugio Aboim Ascensao.

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

Btw loving the beard he is trying to fashion!!

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/photos-captain-visits-children-s-refuge
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:26 am

As always a class gesture by a class guy :bow: :bow: :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:54 pm

Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond* - Page 2 Tumblr_mpiz6uz4hr1qcbfodo5_250Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond* - Page 2 Tumblr_mpiz6uz4hr1qcbfodo6_250

He looks insanely fresh with that beard. Hopefully he keeps it :wub:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:33 am

Is it just me! He looks eerily similar to Alonso!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:24 am

Please don't get rid of that beard. Smile

All midfield maestros seem to be having it these days.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:46 am

ExtremistEnigma wrote:Please don't get rid of that beard. Smile

All midfield maestros seem to be having it these days.
Thumbs up 
but in the recent videos i did not see beard.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:22 pm

It pains to know that his career is taking its last breaths. I don't know about you guys but every summer he's the one player that I absolutely miss the most from my life and look forward to watching him more than anyone else.

:bow: :bow: :bow: Goosebumps for 4 minutes there

One of the comments in that video
"God begins with a "G" and ends with a "D", so does Gerrard"
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:27 pm

No words!!

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:06 am

I always wonder whether he deserves a club like us, You guys probably do too. Him not winning the PL medal would be a taint on this club's history.

Watching this man demonstrate his brilliance on the field with utmost ease has been the highlight of my football watching years.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:15 pm

That clip. Thanks for sharing. Best player I've ever seen play for the club. :bow:

Nishank wrote:I always wonder whether he deserves a club like us, You guys probably do too. Him not winning the PL medal would be a taint on this club's history.

Watching this man demonstrate his brilliance on the field with utmost ease has been the highlight of my football watching years.

Liverpool deserves him just as Gerrard deserves Liverpool.

I'm sure we've all like him to win the PL, hell, I'm sure many people that just watch football in general would like for it to happen, but let's not put him on top of the club. "No man is bigger than the club" goes for Stevie as well.

He plays his dream for his boy hood club. It doesn't get much better than that. He's had the opportunity to go elsewhere, but hasn't because he absolutely loves playing for Liverpool.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:22 pm

ynwa wrote:That clip. Thanks for sharing. Best player I've ever seen play for the club. :bow:

Nishank wrote:I always wonder whether he deserves a club like us, You guys probably do too. Him not winning the PL medal would be a taint on this club's history.

Liverpool deserves him just as Gerrard deserves Liverpool.

I'm sure we've all like him to win the PL, hell, I'm sure many people that just watch football in general would like for it to happen, but let's not put him on top of the club. "No man is bigger than the club" goes for Stevie as well.

He plays his dream for his boy hood club. It doesn't get much better than that. He's had the opportunity to go elsewhere, but hasn't because he absolutely loves playing for Liverpool.

I don't understand the point of saying this here. . Where people were just sharing their mutual admiration for this guy & no one stretched it too much! scratch 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:04 pm

"I always wonder whether he deserves a club like us"

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:55 pm

Rumors going around that Stevie's signed an extension for 2 years. His current deal expires summer of '14 so hopefully it's true.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:57 pm

Tony Barrett - "Steven Gerrard on the verge of signing a new two-year contract"

Great news. That'll take him to 35. Always thought he'd retire at 38. Hopefully he can win a PL medal before that.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next