Red Alert
Kick
Art Morte
mr-r34
McAgger
19 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond* Empty Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond*

Post by McAgger Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:23 am

At seasons end he will officially be the clubs longest serving captain. :bow:Surpassing Alex Raisbeck (1899-1909) who wore the armband for a little more than 9 years.

In October 2013 Gerrard will go a decade of being captain of LFC :bow:He was appointed as Captain by Gerard Houllier in October 2003.

Last edited by McAgger on Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond* Empty Re: Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond*

Post by mr-r34 Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:14 pm

Gerrard :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond* Empty Re: Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond*

Post by Art Morte Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:20 pm

I think he's been sharper and more decisive this season than in the last couple of seasons, which is a great feat at his age. Almost as if the Euro 2012 revitalised him a bit.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:49 am

Agreed there Art. I think injuries affected his play greatly in the last two seasons. If I remember correctly I think this summer was the first preseason training he's had since 2009.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:07 pm

With todays goal, Gerrard has moved up to 8th on the list of Liverpool's all time goalscorers surpassing Harry Chambers. He now has 152, 6 goals short of Michael Owen and 20 short of Kenny Dalglish who are the next two on the list ahead of him.

On the same note, Luis Suarez has broken into 100th place with his hattrick today in that same list with 27 goals.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:10 am

On the verge of his 600th appearance Gerrard picks his LFC XI (Composed of players he's played with, so no Rush, Dalglish, Barnes).

Reina
Babbel-Carragher-Hyypia-Johnson
Alonso-Hamman
Gerrard
Suarez-Torres-Fowler
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:08 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:On the verge of his 600th appearance Gerrard picks his LFC XI (Composed of players he's played with, so no Rush, Dalglish, Barnes).

Reina
Babbel-Carragher-Hyypia-Johnson
Alonso-Hamman
Gerrard
Suarez-Torres-Fowler

Interesting eco smile
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:08 pm

Ps. 600 Liverpool appearances, may we sons and Iftikhar take a bow :bow:
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:56 am

600 appearances. Incredible. :bow:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:02 am

Amazing achievement. He's the best player I've ever seen in a red shirt. You could even argue that he's one of the better players to ever play in the PL and maybe in Europe too. That may sound totally biased, but state one player that would of showed his quality with the players Gerrard has had to play with.

I don't care what anyone says, he's carried the club for over a decade and I honestly don't know where we'd be without him. This G+H era is probably the darkest era of the club, and he's kept the culture (basing it on interviews and what ex and current players have said) absolutely sound. The performances havn't been too great, but we are on the way up.

He really is an inspiration and there will be no other player in the near future that will replace him. Not too sure who the next captain will be, but it'll be a while before Gerrard retires - if he remains fit and healthy. He takes care of himself, and the hunger of putting the PL next to his name as an achievement will drive not only him on, but the players around him too. He just has that aura around him.

Oh, and he's probably the most loyal player to ever grace to red shirt too. He could of moved to Chelsea, Real Madrid and somebody else, club isn't coming to my head, but decided to stay in red as he stated it wouldn't feel right winning a trophy in a different kit. Class act. Not too mention the work he does with the youngsters in Sterling and Suso currently to help them develop in the future. I could go on and on. I know the word legend gets thrown way too often nowadays, but he really is the definition of one.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:17 am

Steven Gerrard was presented with the Football Writers' Association Tribute Award at a special gala dinner in London

:bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:20 am

Btw Stevie needs 6 more appearances to overtake Alan Hansen as the clubs 9th all time overall appearance maker. And he needs 3 more goals to surpass Michael Owen as the 7th all time leading goalscorer. He could possibly do both in the next six games :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:31 am

115 passes in his last game. Is that a personal record? Over 100 succeded.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:57 am

ynwa wrote:115 passes in his last game. Is that a personal record? Over 100 succeded.

Don't know about records mate! but the passes where beyond SUBLIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! Accruacy, Speed & Direction unbelievable!!!!!

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:19 am

Every Gerrard touch vs Norwich

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:50 pm

When did he use the pitching wedge?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:11 pm

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:05 pm

2 more goals to beat Owen :bow: :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:15 am

He got the Standard Chartered Player of the month Award for January. . . does he have another whole floor in his house to keep all this hmm
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:28 am

He'll win the Feb one too if he continues to play like he has.

Lucas. :bow:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:31 pm

Perfect shoe in for the Alonso role.

Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond* Gerrard-Alonso

Also a comparison of Stevie this season vs Stevie in one of his best (08-09)

Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond* Gerrard-08-09-vs-12-13-overview

Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond* Gerrard-passing-08-09-vs-12-13

Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond* Gerrard-creativity

Captain Fantastic || *Name is Bond, James Bond* Gerrard-goal-attempts

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:55 pm

So I think this post is going to expose some of my football fan noobiness, which I generally try to hide as best I can, but I'm curious...

I've never heard of Gerrard referred to as a poor crosser. I haven't really heard anything exemplary (aside from his former free kick prowess), but I also haven't heard anyone saying he's a really poor crosser.

So I see these numbers, and I have to assume that Gerrard is considered at least acceptable at crosses (correct me if that's wrong). And in both of the seasons compared - what is considered his best, and what has been at least a solid year - he completed 24% of his crosses.

So what I'm wondering is: if all of my assumptions are correct, isn't crossing a massively wasteful style of play? If 24% is considered passable on crosses, and his rate of crossing is about typical for an attacking player, you're looking at around 5 chances per game.

Obviously no team solely uses crossing, and obviously there are situations where it can work as a tactic (if you enjoy a size advantage, for instance). But aren't teams who rely on crossing as their main attacking component in all situations putting themselves at a disadvantage?
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:32 am

Well, crosses are directly received in the box. So even if you get 5 accurate crosses per game, 4 of them are sure to be hit on target.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:36 am

It indeed is worth noticing that Gerrard is having one of his best PL seasons. It's a great feat by him, having re-achieved his peak after a couple of poorer seasons, for a 30+ player that's very rare.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:32 am

This is far from his best PL season ever. He's had atleast 4-5 seasons better than this one.

This is his definitely his best since 2008/09 though. Kenny definitely resting him and letting him have the treatment instead of playing him whilst injured is probably the reason for his massive work rate this season. I think he's the only player in the PL to feature in every game in the PL playing 90 minutes in each of those.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next